Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Has Anyone Here Ever Heard of Pantheism?

Old 04-25-01   #1
Sanguinary
Face in the Mist

Sanguinary
Credits: 144
Ok, now for the serious side of me. Have any of you ever heard of the philosophical idea called Pantheism? I would be most curious to know
Old 04-25-01   #2
(antihero)
N/A

(antihero) will become famous soon enough
Credits: 297,800
Yes, I have. I do believe it involves the idea that God is everything and, in turn, everything is God. Also, it establishes a sort of unity among all things on Earth, stating that there is only one true being, of which we are all a part. It never really appealed to me that much in terms of doctrine, but it is one of the more interesting positions out there.

The concept reminds me a lot of "Song of Myself" from Walt Whitman's Leaves of Grass, which also creates a oneness with everything living. I dunno why that came to mind, but it did.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-01   #3
Oblivion
....Cuddle this....

Oblivion is on a distinguished road
Credits: 29,370
So this is along the lines of the Aulstralian aborigines Dreamtime where all concieous(sp) is the same but with just different takes on the same situation or the physics theory of universal field theory of everything being a part of everything else on the sub-atomic level. right?

Alone together. It was all two people could ever be to each other, Alone. Together. For the dreams and secrets of our hearts may be spoken, but words are poor handmaidens. Wordes can never fully say what we want them to say, for they fumble, stammer, and break the best porcelain. The best one can hope for is to find along the way someone to share the path, content to walk in silence, for the heart communes best when it does not try to speak...
from the book "Dragons of a Lost Star

Old 04-26-01   #4
Shadow_Born
Lurks in the Shadows

Shadow_Born
Credits: 2,193
Pantheism and any varients on it are quite interesting. Someone I knew came up with a cosmology of the universe where all that is actually real is our interconnected minds, which are all One, and what we see around us, the "physical reality" is only an illusion our interconnected minds created. And because we are so convinced of it, we cannot see past it. Only, sometimes bits of "reality" seep through, and thus the paranormal, etc. is no longer a mystery.
Old 04-27-01   #5
Enraged Beauty
Face in the Mist

Enraged Beauty
Credits: 1,903
yes I have its where yur god is in every single thing of this earth or something like that.

(Noun)

Generally known as the creature that hearalds the arrival of the beast (From book of revalations)

In an effort to control more people, the christian church decreed that an antichrist is actually someone who rejects God, and does not follow the teachings of Jesus. This creates the impression that if you reject God, you are hearalding the beast, and the end of the world. This is enough to persuade some people to worship

but i know god is dead
i've stolen his house
i've claimed it for myself
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.