Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Revelations at six am

Old 05-14-13   #1
Dark Messiah
Half-Wit Intellectual
Admin

Dark Messiah will become famous soon enough
Credits: 2,084
Revelations at six am

Things I realize killing time over Facebook and reddit:

1) "Common sense" is the last refuge of fools and charlatans.

2) The tendency of people to extend compassion to another is inversely proportionate to how much it's needed.

It's much sadder when pretty people die.

4) Approximately 90% of the people I thought were cool in high school are unimaginably retarded.
Old 05-14-13   #2
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Wicked Lady is on a distinguished road
Credits: 653,503
I detest attention seeking "woe is me" posts on Facebook. It's like they're stealing our goth niche. It used to be reserved for 13 year old girls and goth kids, but the advent modern social networking has opened up the door for everyone to do it. INCLUDING MY OWN MOTHER. That's part of why I recently deleted my Facebook again. I can't trust myself not to be WL to high school friends and cousins and shit. On Facebook I have to be Meaghan or risk getting cut out of a will or something. I don't like that. Whenever I delete my profile people ask me why I don't just stop going. And that answer is simple: smart phones. My Samsung calls to me. The Facebook app on it calls to me. I can't trust myself not to check it. I'm weak.

Also, I wholly agree with #4. I wish I could go back to 17 year old me, slap me in the fucking face, and explain what's up. It's probably easier for people like fr0g and Dyshade. They're so old they've probably forgotten high school.

OMG ZING.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-13   #3
Dark Messiah
Half-Wit Intellectual
Admin

Dark Messiah will become famous soon enough
Credits: 2,084
Deleting Facebook actually sounds really tempting sometimes. Y'know weirdly one of the people I actually enjoy reading updates from, we fucking hated the shit out of each other our entire school careers. I'm actually not even sure how he got on my friends list.

I may have been above optimal levels of retarded when I was a kid after all I'm thinking.
Old 05-14-13   #4
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

thefr0g will become famous soon enough
Credits: 50,469,744
WL quit FB again? Damn, I enjoyed her updates. I've thought about quitting, but in the end I can shrug off most stupidity, so why lose touch with the few people who don't suck for the sake of the ones that do?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-15-13   #5
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

It was getting to the point where I had so much shit hidden there was no purpose for being there. Plus I said something to my cousin Stacy about how she's a whore for shaving her taint and that led to a barrage of pissed off international phone calls from aunts and other cousins. In my defense, she started it.

Old 05-15-13   #6
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

thefr0g will become famous soon enough
Credits: 50,469,744
Well there's your problem, I unfriended all my family and just straight up told them that I didn't want family members on facebook. My mom bitches about it every time I see her, but it's better than the alternative.

Old 05-15-13   #7
crimsonnyte
A Bit of Luck

crimsonnyte is on a distinguished road
Credits: 109,377
If not for Twitter I don't think I would know anything going on in my sister's life.
Old 05-15-13   #8
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefr0g View Post
Well there's your problem, I unfriended all my family and just straight up told them that I didn't want family members on facebook. My mom bitches about it every time I see her, but it's better than the alternative.
Two things:

1. Great signature.

2. It may sound surprising, but I can't handle the passive aggression or the guilt trips. I start feeling bad and adding people. BELIEVE IT OR NOT I'M NOT A TOTAL CUNT!

Old 05-15-13   #9
Sik Simon
Ate God
Overlord

Sik Simon is on a distinguished road
Credits: 26,877
Stan poke your Grandma!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOak_k9O4AM
Old 05-15-13   #10
Sik Simon
Ate God
Overlord

I deleted all my friends from facebook to prove a point to them and it is that facebook is retarded and everyone is taking this facebook shit waaaaaaaay too fucking seriously. A. If I say my status is 'wants to kill a nigger with a rocket launcher, it doesn't mean I'm gonna do it, it means that I am just mad. B. I like you, you're a cool chick/dude, but if you send me one more townville request I'm going to find you in real life and kill you, I'm not gonna tell every single person that sends me requests that I don't play that shit, just notice that I havn't responded after 2 requests and dont send me 9001 more pl0x. C. Rumors and gossip, I hate the shit, I dropped out of high school like 13 years ago, I'm not a teenager and this isn't Maury Povich, I will fucking destroy you.
To my friends that I deleted, I hope they can see that I also deleted my sisters, my father, my stepfather, my aunt, my niece, and my deceased mother, so it's nothing personal, just tired of the FB bullshit in general and I won't be part of it.
Old 05-15-13   #11
Sik Simon
Ate God
Overlord

And to Crimsonnyte- i know weve been facebook like forever and I know you like to keep tabs on your friends and family, but I can make it pretty easy to do without facebook, besides my internet and phone are getting shut off anyday now. This is my sisters number, it is our mom's old number so we never shut down the account and we make sure the bill is always paid, so the nubmer will always be a valid way to reach me. 727 953 2439. My sister won't mind at all in fact she will probably be thrilled that I have a lady-friend caller LOL. sisters lol. Yea anyways she can give you my current contact info no problem we are IRL phone buddies. You can even sit and let her tell you about how bad a kid I was growing up, and how I tought her martial arts self-defense and bottle fed her for 2 months as a newborn because my mom was sick in the hospital <3 my sister.