Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Lets change it!!

Old 08-06-11   #1
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,473
Lets change it!!

Alright, so I left for a few months and come back to the same old thing. I had thought that I would come back and it would be changed, perhaps I would be stripped of my Admin and all. yet that has not happened so I am all for changing up the layout and skins and everything. I should be able to make a couple of you into full fledged Admins with access to everything you would need to do so.

If anyone is interested let me know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.O.D.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11   #2
prometheus
Darkness Incarnate

prometheus is on a distinguished road
Credits: 47,208
Yeah, why not? I'd be interested in taking some duties on... I can certainly spare a few hours a week.
Old 08-06-11   #3
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Do you have any experience with the vbulletin?? I can see all the cool stuff yet I will not touch it until we get some sort of consortium going on what changes we want I can kill some of the boards and merge them so we only have like 3 total. Something like Discussion, Arts, and Feedback It would streamline the hell out of this board and trim away a lot of fat

S.O.D.

Old 08-06-11   #4
prometheus
Darkness Incarnate

Very limited experience. I have some experience of forum moderation, but that's about it.

vbulletin is something I could swot up on...
Old 08-07-11   #5
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

thefr0g will become famous soon enough
Credits: 50,470,342
CHANGE IS BAD

Come on you fucker its perfect like it is, raw and unmoderated, why do you always have to ruin beautiful things?

Old 08-07-11   #6
Dark Messiah
Half-Wit Intellectual
Admin

Dark Messiah will become famous soon enough
Credits: 3,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefr0g View Post
CHANGE IS BAD

Come on you fucker its perfect like it is, raw and unmoderated, why do you always have to ruin beautiful things?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyshade View Post
hth
Old 08-07-11   #7
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefr0g View Post
CHANGE IS BAD

I don't want to moderate anything you little weasel, I said nothing about moderating shit. I could care fucking less if you guys fuck with everything and everyone that comes here. I am suggesting streamlining the Forums and getting rid of the fat.

If you would like to help let me know, I will Admin anyone that can assist, or wants to assist.

No reason to begin assuming I am here to tell anyone anything and moderate this place. I really could give two shits less if you want to ass rape new members that come here. Have fun

S.O.D.

Old 08-07-11   #8
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

How do you think we should get new members, and furthermore... why do we want new members? I mean, one assumes that is the point of a forum, for new people to show up, chat about subjects, and whatforth. But DF isnt really a normal forum. I don't view it as a place to chat with strangers, I see it as more of a clubhouse where the same people can bring up a topic and debate about it with folks who we've grown to kind of know and understand over the last decade.

I'm actually not against it, I just enjoy being curmudgeonly, but I kinda dig DF the way its been since crowdgather picked it up.

Old 08-07-11   #9
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

Yeah, good, because like I said the last thing I want to do is bring some asshats on who want to bully everyone into behaving in certain ways. I just want to merge and kill sections that are not seeing traffic and reduce the boards to a smaller screen. Something like--- Discussion, Words and Pictures, and that is that. easy and simple.
But I am way open to discussion and there is no need for speed, we can mull about and toss ideas around

I just don't want anyone getting the idea that I am here to install strict rules and become some sort of crazy crackhead bullying around members. I will Admin you if you think you can help

S.O.D.

Old 08-07-11   #10
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

Lenina will become famous soon enough
Credits: 375,069
Facebook fucked this place up the shitter.

Seriously, Make a facebook page and get everyone to add their friends, any money you'll get posters because facebook is the rapist of the interwebs. Make a tithead... I mean twitter page too, people will come and fuck your lives up worse than I have.
Also, make me admin, I fucking rule and you know it, you know it because I rule. If you don't agree then you're incorrect.

You'll never understand it
Try to buy and brand it
I win, you lose, cause it's my job
To keep punk rock elite
Old 08-07-11   #11
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenina View Post

Seriously, Make a facebook page and get everyone to add their friends, any money you'll get posters because facebook is the rapist of the interwebs. Make a tithead... I mean twitter page too, people will come and fuck your lives up worse than I have.
Also, make me admin, I fucking rule and you know it, you know it because I rule. If you don't agree then you're incorrect.
Well, I need someone who can access the v bulletin and change the skins, and someone who can do exactly what you said Do you want to do that?? Because you do rule I will surely make you a Guide/Moderator, but if you want to help get people here I will gladly Admin ya

S.O.D.

Old 08-07-11   #12
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

See, change is happening, there ye are Len. You are a right fucking Moderator now

S.O.D.

Old 08-07-11   #13
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

Let me know what you can access. cg did change some access permissions and such so I am unsure of which User Mode is the old Moderator one.

S.O.D.

Old 08-07-11   #14
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

If you're looking to trim the boards, offtopic, serious, and mayhem should probably just be all one board. I cant remember the last time i used the forum index to navigate, I always just use the recent posts bar on the side.

Also rather than trying to attract new members, if you're looking to increase traffic we should make use of the facebook group to bring back old members, also if the forum still has that mass-email function to let everyone know we're still alive and trying to give DF the old shot-in-the-arm.

Old 08-07-11   #15
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

Reactivate the arcade too... I was obsessed with that helicopter game for a while

Old 08-08-11   #16
Dark Messiah
Half-Wit Intellectual
Admin

Dark Messiah will become famous soon enough
Credits: 3,265
There should be a pony forum also.
Old 08-08-11   #17
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

WHat!?! I'm a fucking mod!?!?! Seriously!?!?! Hahahahahaha!

Try to buy and brand it
To keep punk rock elite
Old 08-08-11   #18
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

Damn it!!!!

Seriously though, I could have a look at making some new skins, I have been helping my best friend with her magazine website, between writing articles and checking when it's published, I could take a look. I could advertise DF on her magazine too? It's for the punk subculture but I could brainstorm with Nina about it?

Try to buy and brand it
To keep punk rock elite
Old 08-08-11   #19
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

Let me take a look around the interwebs in about 12 hours, I have a few things I can do to promote DF. In the real world too, it's gig season up north here, I could print out flyers this next month and take them to the punk fest in durham, my friends won't be interested but theres a bunch of kids and emos that hang out there, I might be able to get some of them to join or whatnot. Cookie can suck it, if I have to hand out flyers for the afterparty on the 10th then he can deal with having some of my flyers at his bar.

Try to buy and brand it
To keep punk rock elite
Old 08-09-11   #20
prometheus
Darkness Incarnate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenina View Post

Making a facebook page and linking it to here is probably not a bad idea...