Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Welcome > Socialize
Reload this Page Bourbon Whiskey

Old 10-06-09   #1
Sixgun_Symphony
Darkness Incarnate

Sixgun_Symphony is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 280,566
Bourbon Whiskey

I have been drinking Old Grandad Bourbon Whiskey, usually served on the rocks. But I just got a bottle of Evan Williams and I think it may become my favorite cheap whiskey.

Anyone else here like Bourbon Whiskey? How about Scotch Whisky?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-09   #2
Jordyn
paraphiliac

Jordyn is on a distinguished road
Credits: 825,096
is crown in the family?

generally i'm not fond of whiskey type of alchols, they leave a sickening aftertaste in my mouth and reminds me of my grandfather, he lived off of wild turkey. i've been enticed into a shot or two and can admit it's preferable to yaeger but i enjoy liquor based drinks, usually colorful with a lot of vodka and don't require a water back to swallow them down.
Old 10-06-09   #3
Jordyn
paraphiliac

oh, my dad likes black crow...it has a cute crow wearing a top hat on it.
Old 10-06-09   #4
dallantra
The Lost Dark Prophet?

Location: A red state taken over by people that make me look sane.
dallantra
Credits: 22,480
Scotch, Irish, and bourbon are all good. Jordyn, Crown is a Canadian whiskey and for some reason on my don't do list.
Old 10-06-09   #5
dilusion7
Delusional Illusionist

dilusion7 is on a distinguished road
Credits: 6,423
I used to keep a bottle of Jack Daniels in the freezer at all times and I would take a swig off it every now and then. Not sure when or why it changed but now I’d keep a bottle of vodka in the freezer at all times. High end would be Cîroc and low end would be Smirnoff.

I say I would keep a bottle in the freezer because now that I have kids I do not drink…as much.
Old 10-06-09   #6
Jordyn
paraphiliac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallantra View Post
Scotch, Irish, and bourbon are all good. Jordyn, Crown is a Canadian whiskey and for some reason on my don't do list.
crown is the most common liquor shot men seem to buy me when, wanting to by me a drink. *shrugs*

it's better than petron though, that stuff made me sick, they guy eventually did to. maybe you can tell a bit about a guy depending on what sort of drink he buys you hoping for some favor?

i think i found a new experimentation for saturday nights!
Old 10-06-09   #7
Jordyn
paraphiliac

Quote:
i like canadian liquors, i used to be able to drink yukon jack by the bottle...and then got pregnant, now i can't stand the smell of the stuff and my daughter is almost thirteen.
Old 10-06-09   #8
dallantra
The Lost Dark Prophet?

dallantra
haha... age has deteriorated my ability to deal with hangovers, so I no longer try to have a tolerance. Upside, a bottle lasts a rather long time now, and I'm always able to offer a hospitality drink to visitors.
Old 10-11-09   #9
Sixgun_Symphony
Darkness Incarnate

Canadian Whiskeys are blended, I seem to recall that it means the aged whiskey is blended with the white whiskey that comes out of the still.

Whiskey gets it's color and taste from the aging process in the charred oak barrels. The charcoal acts as a filter and it brings out the sugars from the wood.

Old 10-12-09   #10
Dark Messiah
Half-Wit Intellectual
Admin

Dark Messiah will become famous soon enough
Credits: 3,276
I love whiskey, although I'm always disappointed by how rarely it works in a mixed drink.
Old 10-13-09   #11
dallantra
The Lost Dark Prophet?

dallantra
old fashions. Finding a bartender under 70 that can do a good job on them though... rare.
Old 10-14-09   #12
Jordyn
paraphiliac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixgun_Symphony View Post
Canadian Whiskeys are blended, I seem to recall that it means the aged whiskey is blended with the white whiskey that comes out of the still.

Whiskey gets it's color and taste from the aging process in the charred oak barrels. The charcoal acts as a filter and it brings out the sugars from the wood.

i was reading a southern living magazine and they had a delightful article about one of their writers that went through the south and toured the whiskey, breweries?

it was fascinating discovering how family oriented a lot of the most popular whiskeys from the south are and how each company had their own technique, jim beam i think still had an old style track they rolled the barrels down on to store.

i still don't drink the stuff to often but i have a new respect for it now.
Old 10-14-09   #13
Sixgun_Symphony
Darkness Incarnate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Messiah View Post
I love whiskey, although I'm always disappointed by how rarely it works in a mixed drink.
Good whiskey is best served neat or on the rocks. I only use the cheaper bourbons for mixing. I like a half shot of bourbon and a teaspoon of honey in my breakfast tea. It's much like a hot toddy, so it's really good before going out in cold, wet weather.

Last edited by Sixgun_Symphony; 10-14-09 at 18:00.
Old 10-14-09   #14
Sixgun_Symphony
Darkness Incarnate

Quote:
old fashions. Finding a bartender under 70 that can do a good job on them though... rare.
Agreed,

I learned how to make a very good Old Fashioned back at the Bartending Academy. My advise is to check out the real cocktail lounges, especially the ones that have an older clientelle.

Heck, you might want to consider getting a bartending job at one to learn mixology.

Old 10-14-09   #15
Sixgun_Symphony
Darkness Incarnate

Jordyn,

The word you want is "distillery". There is alot of history in both brewing and distillery. I recommend the book "A History of the World in Six Glasses". Brewing goes back to the earliest civilizations, distilling spirits does not go back that far but it has a very interesting history.

Old 10-19-09   #16
Panthera66
GrimCreeper

Panthera66 is on a distinguished road
Credits: 82,954
I rarely drink....an amaretto sour here and there once in a great while.....maybe a shot of boubon but only once in a great great while.

I just can't stand the smell of alcohol. Gives me the shivers and well.....yuck.
Old 11-15-09   #17
Jordyn
paraphiliac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixgun_Symphony View Post
Jordyn,

The word you want is "distillery". There is alot of history in both brewing and distillery. I recommend the book "A History of the World in Six Glasses". Brewing goes back to the earliest civilizations, distilling spirits does not go back that far but it has a very interesting history.
i finally got talked into trying some whiskey with pepsi...after the r&r followed by jack daniels, i passed out without the fun drunk feeling...i don't like whiskey, it makes me sleepy.
Old 11-15-09   #18
Uncletiggs
DF's Dirty 'ol Man
Admin

Uncletiggs will become famous soon enough
Credits: 218,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordyn View Post
i finally got talked into trying some whiskey with pepsi...after the r&r followed by jack daniels, i passed out without the fun drunk feeling...i don't like whiskey, it makes me sleepy.
I'll have to remember that.. NO JD for Jordyn!

Nice guys finish last
It isn't just a saying.. It's a fact of life!

Those things that produced your ex......you know, the bitchmakers! Metagion

If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is it considered rape or shoplifting?

You're not who you are, you're only what other people think you are

Your more Delusional than you think I am! {Duck Dodgers}
Old 11-17-09   #19
dallantra
The Lost Dark Prophet?

dallantra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordyn View Post
I know some who shouldn't go near whiskey, its a strange concept for me. I don't play around with vodka, but the J's have never let me down. Try a sipping whiskey, something you don't throw back all at once but enjoy over time a bit.
Old 11-20-09   #20
twistedtruth
Lurks in the Shadows

twistedtruth is on a distinguished road
Credits: 5,653
it's not worth drinking unless there's two things involved: teq and uila
A poet is an unhappy being whose heart is torn by secret sufferings, but whose lips are so strangely formed that when the sighs and the cries escape them, they sound like beautiful music... and then people crowd about the poet and say to him: "Sing for us soon again;" that is as much as to say, "May new sufferings torment your soul." ~Soren Kierkegaard