Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Welcome > Socialize
Reload this Page the goblin showed up

Old 05-28-09   #21
Manifesto
Biggest Dick Contest Winner
Admin

Manifesto is on a distinguished road
Credits: 95,882
he didnt have time to at least post one message and give us one day? Im sure the negotiations for this place took at least that long. im sure one of us, or a group of us could have raised the cash in 24 hours.

I would have totally done it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You're my bitch, Bitch. You'll do exactly what I tell you.

<3,

WL
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-09   #22
fleamailman
Embracer Of The Dark

fleamailman is on a distinguished road
Credits: 28,504
"...it's easy to migrate a forum, happens all the time, besides a site is made up from a member base and content too, and they can't be bought and sold I believe, so why would anyone buy a site these days when they can just go to the source direct so to speak..." replied the goblin wondering what this had to do with his Introduction thread, but that was the goblin's fault he knew, in that he had merely pointed out that the future was an awkward assumption here, being one that one could neither bank on, nor completely ignore for that matter
Old 05-28-09   #23
Manifesto
Admin

I understand the point you are trying to make, I think, despite that you felt the need to put it in some sort of gay cryptic LARP-speak. Sure the internets is moving in a direction that does not value the older mediums as much as direct social networking.

I think for me its the amount of time, energy, and emotion that I have invested in this site. I would not buy just any forum for the sake of having a forum. I would however buy this forum, because I value the service that it has provided me over the last decade. I value the people who come here (for the most part) they are interesting and intelligent to some degree. I also value the fact that in very strange way it has chronicled my life over the last decade better than any journal I have kept.

darkforum is my longest lasting relationship. fucking sad, but true.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<3,

WL
Old 05-28-09   #24
Sik Simon
Ate God
Overlord

Sik Simon is on a distinguished road
Credits: 26,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzy View Post
Don't do that Tiggs.

If he irritates enough people, he'll get a warning. If it continues, a temporary ban.

Same with Baphamett. Baphamett is on his last warning. Next bullshit I see from Baphamett gets a months ban.

Goblin person - If you're going to post pictures, please cite the artist. Else I'll think you're posting them as your own work. If they turn out to not be your own, I will ban you for plagarism and breach of copyright law. If they are your own work, please cite them as such and post your source website or gallery if you have one.
They don't play with plagiarism either, I was banned for over a year.
Old 05-28-09   #25
Sik Simon
Ate God
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleamailman View Post
the goblin never laid claim to anything, his sole reason for being here was that he needed the others to inspire him to create content, good or bad, that's all, saying "...you may hassle, edit, and delete my posts as you wish humans, but each post is of course stored elsewhere, before I hit the post button here that is...", the goblin paused for a moment, sipped his coffee once more and continued with the next bit "...truth is that sooner or later, and all in spite of all ones best efforts otherwise, both sites and servers, migrate, get wiped clear, or just fold on their own accord, so one simply has to be across many forums, for example, I am over 50 active forums and umpteen others, I repost, rehash, and improvise endlessly, or otherwise I couldn't keep the pace up on the one hand, and more to the point, I wouldn't know myself from what I posted, but you are too late to belittle me at this point, because each member here is in the same boat as me on a journey to self here, or to "death" if you prefer that word then, what can you possible say to me that changes this tally then, simply you hit out at yourselves here..."
darkforum is forever *twitches*
Old 05-28-09   #26
Manifesto
Admin

Quote:
What do you mean 'when' ?
Please, like you think he's going to stick around any longer than any of the other owners? Ill believe that when I see it.

owners come and go, I have no reason to think he will be any different

<3,

WL
Old 05-28-09   #27
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

Lenina will become famous soon enough
Credits: 375,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Lady View Post
He didn't have time. He needed money immediately. We've all asked, and Sanjay has no interest in selling. I don't think he gives a crap that it could possibly be a consortium of members; he just doesn't want to sell.

We're coming up on 10 years as members, aren't we. Fuck that's sad.
Speak for yourself! You'll always have a year on me... Thats comforting because I was 28 years old this year. Hahaha!

You'll never understand it
Try to buy and brand it
I win, you lose, cause it's my job
To keep punk rock elite
Old 05-29-09   #28
Uncletiggs
DF's Dirty 'ol Man
Admin

Uncletiggs will become famous soon enough
Credits: 218,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manifesto View Post
Please, like you think he's going to stick around any longer than any of the other owners? Ill believe that when I see it.

owners come and go, I have no reason to think he will be any different
Pray i win the lotto i play.. Then i'll make an offer he won't want to refuse..

Nice guys finish last
It isn't just a saying.. It's a fact of life!

Those things that produced your ex......you know, the bitchmakers! Metagion

If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is it considered rape or shoplifting?

You're not who you are, you're only what other people think you are

Your more Delusional than you think I am! {Duck Dodgers}
Old 05-29-09   #29
fleamailman
Embracer Of The Dark

"...in reality, any site in just the actual fixed address of the admin of it, but what often dooms a site is when the admin goes AWOL or when everyone stops focusing on content there..." mentioned the goblin, remembering that some of the strongest sites were, in fact, those where the admin was creative in his or her own right, simply those sites didn't depend on members at all, the admin was the dynamo there and everyone just joined in, or did their own thing, encouraged by the admin that is, "...lunch time, back later then..." said the goblin signing off
Old 05-29-09   #30
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Dyshade will become famous soon enoughDyshade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,453
Quote:
"...I do enjoy my stay here human, but I have seen sites wiped, migrate to other servers, and even the servers fold, in my time, "funny how people build their lives on a mere assumption of certainty here", and what do I know what will happen tomorrow then, I can only place bets..." mentioned the goblin
You are human as well little fleabug; flesh, bone, and blood.

I assume nothing, I know this site I have Moderated and Adminned here longer than most sites have survived and thus can come to an excellent conclusion that this site has permanence.

You assume as well with your bold statements, don't be a hypocrite

S.O.D.

Old 05-29-09   #31
Sik Simon
Ate God
Overlord

I mean yea, even Jesus was a human being. Prophets, wise men, seers, healers, war-heroes, scientists, we're all human. Even I'm human. That is what binds us to this earth, without our humanity I suppose we would ascend into the astral plane. (hell?) no I don't want to be that specific because hell is lacks the generalization I'm looking for here. I'd call it the 'forevernight'.
Old 05-29-09   #32
Manifesto
Admin

Quote:
I think you missed my point.

I said 'what do you mean when?' in the context of - They already have.
perhaps I did miss the point, well that figures...

hopefully they will do as I stated previously.

<3,

WL
Old 05-29-09   #33
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

I missed it too... but I am old....

S.O.D.

Old 05-29-09   #34
fleamailman
Embracer Of The Dark

"...wrong mortals, the goblin is just a persona, that is, on the Internet there is no 'flesh and bones", "gender", "day", 'time", "place" or "age", it is just "what you read" and "what you write", there is no more a human here than if you were to look at a book and saying "you are flesh and blood my dear book", though the source of what you see is human, yes, but what you read here isn't any more human than books, films, music, paintings and the like are, simply they are, like this, representations here, miss that point and you will not see what you are seeing for what it is..." ventured the goblin again, building up to that line he had thought often enough, saying "...welcome to the masked ball of the Internet, any representation you choose is OK then because none are true, even the best writer in the world couldn't write himself as he truly is here, written words only represent, don't they mortals..."
Old 05-29-09   #35
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Your written words actually represent yourself quite well. Your third person writing and the way you present your quandaries more than represents the fact that you are a turd.

S.O.D.

Old 05-31-09   #36
fleamailman
Embracer Of The Dark

Quote:
What the fuck do you mean 'welcome to the internet' you douchebag.
We've been here for fucking years.

Your written word represents this - You and your 'persona' are both twats.

"...if you write the quote as it was actually written in the text, and becomes obvious, and none of the swearwords change anything here, least of all the meaning that is, the quote was "welcome to the masked ball of the Internet", for a masked ball is what this Internet is, and that line is what I have often thought when reading posts on threads..." repeated the goblin really not sure why the duration of ones being on the Internet had any barring on the text then
Old 06-01-09   #37
fleamailman
Embracer Of The Dark

Quote:
Like I have the time or patience to work through your posts and read what is apparently your quote and what you're saying and this third person speak
"...well that's where we differ again in that I don't "quote apparently", I quote as written by the poster, otherwise I would be miss quoting, not that it matters much to you what I write, since you have said you don't read it anyway, so what matters is that I get the post right for myself here..." replied the goblin the one who wasn't apparently reading through this then thinking "tut tut" if you have
Old 06-01-09   #38
Manifesto
Admin

Quote:
I am a douchebag

yes, yes you are.

<3,

WL
Old 06-01-09   #39
fleamailman
Embracer Of The Dark

Quote:
"...I am a douchebag if and when I post like Manifesto..."
"...yes I agree with myself, such clarity amazes me..." said the goblin wondering if it could be made a sticky then
Old 06-01-09   #40
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Wicked Lady is on a distinguished road
Credits: 653,418
What is this faggot tree?