Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Entertainment
Reload this Page Coraline

Old 02-13-09   #1
thefinalw0rd
SaxophoniusExtraordinaire

Location: To the back of the front of the middle, slightly to the right of the left.
thefinalw0rd is on a distinguished road
Credits: 138,566
Coraline

Yeesh, I know its been a while, but aren't we allowed to talk about movies anymore? I'm surprised that there isn't a thread on this. Anyway...

Having read the book, I think that they did a nice job with this movie. This was some of the best 3D that I've seen. The elements that they added to the story only enhanced it, in my opinion. I also enjoyed the soundtrack - good use of the children's choir.

Thoughts?
Old 02-13-09   #2
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Wicked Lady is on a distinguished road
Credits: 653,418
You're allowed to talk about whatever here. But in case you didn't notice, there aren't many people here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-09   #3
thefinalw0rd

Location: To the back of the front of the middle, slightly to the right of the left.
Its true, I see that. I was also somewhat kidding. Typical ebb and flow of this board or is it just the same core group of people with the random in-and-out ones that were always around?
Old 02-13-09   #4
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Both, really. Some old ones that drift mix with the "same core group". Some random people that are "back" but no one remembers. I don't think we've had a really new member in a while. So I finally decided there was dick to moderate and now it's kind of a free-for-all. It's working well. And there are t-shirts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-13-09   #5
thefinalw0rd

Well...I hope someone remembers me. I was a mod for a while with Dy in news n'such.

Anyway, Coraline was a great movie
Old 02-13-09   #6
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Yeah I remember you. You were better than errantrogue. And sorry. I don't know anything about Coraline.

Old 02-13-09   #7
dk123
Lost Soul

dk123 will become famous soon enoughdk123 will become famous soon enough
Credits: 262,974
I really want to see Coraline.

I've been following things online, watching trailers and going on their website, now i'm just waiting now for it to come to the screens her.e

It's not a CG-3D movie, it's a stop motion. Just to point that out to people who don't know.
Old 02-13-09   #8
thefinalw0rd

Tozzy, its definitely worthwhile. I loved it. The stop motion was so nicely done, too.
Old 02-13-09   #9
~*Rebeckah*~
M.I.L.F.

Location: In the bottom of a bag of chips, with the crumbs...
~*Rebeckah*~ is on a distinguished road
Credits: 197,027
I want to go see it really bad... would it be something I can take my kid to or not? thats really the only thing stopping me right now...

It's by the guys who did Nightmare Before Christmas, so I knew it was gonna be pretty good

Old 02-14-09   #10
surreal

surreal is on a distinguished road
Credits: 105,127
I'm pretty sure it's kid friendly. I want to see it just because stop motion still has a very unique, nostalgic feel and Tim Burton remains my daddy.
Old 02-14-09   #11
dk123
Lost Soul

unless i'm mistaken, tim burton has nothing to do with coraline.
Old 02-14-09   #12
~*Rebeckah*~
M.I.L.F.

no ..Tim Burton is doing Nine.... Coraline is Henry Selick. He's also done Monkeybone, James and the Giant Peach, and he directed The Nightmare Before Christmas. Tim Burton wrote Nightmare. It was from a poem or something and they just expanded on it. But Kayleigh LOVES Nightmare, so we might be able to get away with Coraline... I'm more worried about her sitting still lol

Old 02-14-09   #13
surreal

well then coraline sucks.
Old 02-15-09   #14
dk123
Lost Soul

Wow. Now I remember why I didn't really take to you. (surreal)

Indeed Rebeckah, even Burton has publicly said that TNBC was all Henry's work. Burton has the bigger name, and he's the 'darker, creepier' and of course best to tag it to. It's better strategy to put him onto things. The idea did come from his sketches and a small kids poem/novelette/book thing he wrote, but everything else was Henry and all the songs and music are Danny Elfman. Danny even did many of the voices and the singing for Jack Skellington.

Ignorant journalists all over have been putting Burton's name on Coraline because of the "people that brought you TNBC" statement. You'd think these so called top writers would do their fucking homework. Bunch of idiots.

The amount of times I've had discussions about Tim Burton's movie making style and skills and had some ignorant twat shout, argue and swear at me when I've told them TNBC doesn't count.
Old 02-15-09   #15
Uncletiggs
DF's Dirty 'ol Man
Admin

Uncletiggs will become famous soon enough
Credits: 218,114
Just saw a trailer for it on TV.

rated PG, so i guess keeping Kay still will probably be your own problem

Nice guys finish last
It isn't just a saying.. It's a fact of life!

Those things that produced your ex......you know, the bitchmakers! Metagion

If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is it considered rape or shoplifting?

You're not who you are, you're only what other people think you are

Your more Delusional than you think I am! {Duck Dodgers}
Old 02-15-09   #16
surreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzy View Post
Wow. Now I remember why I didn't really take to you. (surreal)
I wasn't serious. Burton's done tons of movies that I didn't like, and some that I've loved. It was a mockery statement toward absolute minded people. But don't worry, I always considered you a really petty person that cries a lot over stupid shit, so nothing's really changed.

Just make sure to take issue with me when you actually understand the circumstance. I've set the stage for you here. Just so you can kinda learn the ropes of common sense.

Last edited by surreal; 02-15-09 at 11:49.
Old 02-15-09   #17
~*Rebeckah*~
M.I.L.F.

hehe surreal i'm glad you came back. yay debates oh yeah. and cute boys. yay for cute boys

as for coraline... i'm gonna need a babysitter. Kay won't even sit still during Dora...and she is addicted to Dora... ah well might just wait for it to come out on On-Demand. suckage.

Old 02-15-09   #18
dk123
Lost Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by surreal View Post
I wasn't serious. Burton's done tons of movies that I didn't like, and some that I've loved. It was a mockery statement toward absolute minded people. But don't worry, I always considered you a really petty person that cries a lot over stupid shit, so nothing's really changed.

Just make sure to take issue with me when you actually understand the circumstance. I've set the stage for you here. Just so you can kinda learn the ropes of common sense.
Well, next time you decide to post a view that 'wasn't serious' how about you practice using the [sarcasm] tags or similar type of descriptive medium so that people know what you are on about.

When you post shit on the internet, you have to make it so people know what you actually mean, rather than posting butthurt replies in which you try give yourself the higher ground over someone who reads what you said and takes it as what you wrote. The internet doesn't give us a window into your mind so we can tell what you really meant, so how about just putting your words down straight away.

I thought you'd have learnt this by now.
If you want to talk about common sense, get yourself a glass before you post again.
Old 02-15-09   #19
surreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzy View Post
Well, next time you decide to post a view that 'wasn't serious' how about you practice using the [sarcasm] tags or similar type of descriptive medium so that people know what you are on about.

When you post shit on the internet, you have to make it so people know what you actually mean, rather than posting butthurt replies in which you try give yourself the higher ground over someone who reads what you said and takes it as what you wrote. The internet doesn't give us a window into your mind so we can tell what you really meant, so how about just putting your words down straight away.

I thought you'd have learnt this by now.
If you want to talk about common sense, get yourself a glass before you post again.
I'm not gonna tag it up for people that don't have common sense enough to get what's obvious due to context. Haha.

And I believe Pee Wee Herman first came up with the "I know you are but what am I" comeback.
Give it another shot Tozzy boy.
Old 02-16-09   #20
dk123
Lost Soul

No thanks, busy day. Nice parrot though.