Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Will LHC destroy the earth?

Old 10-13-08   #1
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

Lenina will become famous soon enough
Credits: 375,069
Will LHC destroy the earth?

Now that CERN has fired up the LHC and the earth hasn't been sucked into a black hole, do you think that it could still happen? It's starting to freak me out a little. FOr instance, the Myan Calanar predicts the end of the world in 2012, could that be CERN's fault? And Nostradamus aparrently predicted it.

'All should leave Geneva,
Saturn turns from gold to iron,
The contrary positive ray
Will exterminate everything
There will be signs in the sky before this.' - Nostadamus. 9 44

I would seriously like input on this, it is a subject that not only fascinates me no end but also has me kinda freaking out a little.

I personally think that CERN should not have made LHC, who are we to decide what we should know about our universe and the whole thing came with its own set of risks, black holes and shit aside.

What do you think?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You'll never understand it
Try to buy and brand it
I win, you lose, cause it's my job
To keep punk rock elite
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-08   #2
Zelos
lo ucciderò con fuoco

Zelos is on a distinguished road
Credits: 12,583
The Mayans and their predictions always fascinated me. I believe 'something' will happen in the year 2012, maybe not the end of the world... but... a fresh start maybe?

It is very possible we (as humans) will fuck everything up and end up causing doomsday from 'messing around' with powerful forces that we don't 'fully' understand.

No use freaking out about it though. if it happens, it happens. Your dead, the worlds fucked... the end. My advice would be to not worry about it and ride the roller coaster of life and see what happens.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-13-08   #3
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

Yeah but I was on about CIRN and LHC, will that be the ultimate demise for our planet. Science has a way of being accurate, but even the scientists at CERN were belittling their study and evaluations upon sheer estimations.

They said that the experiment was just like what happens every day on our planet but then, that is a natural occurence and not man made. Some argue that it is not an accurate study as you can't compare how stable a man made big bang experiemnt can circulate under the earth to something that has been a natural occurence for millions of years.

Now that it has started, I am begining to have my doubts, I mean, something that potentially holds the secrects to how our universe was created can't be good can it.

Try to buy and brand it
To keep punk rock elite
Old 10-13-08   #4
Zelos
lo ucciderò con fuoco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenina View Post

They said that the experiment was just like what happens every day on our planet but then, that is a natural occurence and not man made.
Agreed.

Toying with what started our universe, can not be a good idea. They don't call it a 'big bang' for nothing.

I think the way humans will go extinct, will be by our own doing. Or, we'll evolve into some weird ass creatures.... Only time will tell.

Old 10-13-08   #5
Uncletiggs
DF's Dirty 'ol Man
Admin

Uncletiggs will become famous soon enough
Credits: 218,114
Well, it's shut down for a few more months.. That whole misaligned magnets that melted or something..

Nice guys finish last
It isn't just a saying.. It's a fact of life!

Those things that produced your ex......you know, the bitchmakers! Metagion

If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is it considered rape or shoplifting?

You're not who you are, you're only what other people think you are

Your more Delusional than you think I am! {Duck Dodgers}
Old 10-13-08   #6
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncletiggs View Post
Well, it's shut down for a few more months.. That whole misaligned magnets that melted or something..
A magnet near the 'Alice base' kinda melted, they need to do a whole sweep of the place, fix the problem and go over a shitload of checks before cooling the whole thing down again.

A great time to ponder the possibilities of a global threat if it is restarted and put into full speed.

Personally, I can't wait till they start the LHC again but again, I still have my doubts. So far most of their studies are based around theories of dark matter and the big bang.

If dark matter does exist then theoretically the LHC can create tiny black holes. In theory, the black holes would first have to become stable to start any kind of damage, the collision of protons do create radiation so the black holes would theoretically decay and disipate before they became stable.

Better wording for it.

A proton particle is +1 and an unstable black hole is -1. The radiation given off by one proton particle that is travelling at just about the speed of light. +1 and the creation of an unstable black hole created from the collided proton particles -1

Imagine that the particles collide and create a black hole, it will be unstable because it needs time to settle but the proton radiation is there.

Heres the equasion:

charged proton +1 + unstable Black hole -1 = 0

No black hole, protons collide again and so on and so forth.

Thats the theory anyway. If I actually got that right. If anyone knows any better I would really love it if you could tell me because this has me fascinated!

Try to buy and brand it
To keep punk rock elite
Old 10-13-08   #7
theburningbush
Darkness Incarnate

theburningbush is on a distinguished road
Credits: 33,266
theres things science plays around with every day that can end the world and the universe itself wouldnt it be kinda funny if everything ended because someone forget to carry a zero

I take comfort in this I belive that there is other intelligent life in this universe and that they know we exist and they could take action to stop or fups that could have a massive impact on the rest of the universe. they havent done anything so there must not be anything wrong
Old 10-13-08   #8
Zelos
lo ucciderò con fuoco

Quote:
Originally Posted by theburningbush View Post
theres things science plays around with every day that can end the world and the universe itself wouldnt it be kinda funny if everything ended because someone forget to carry a zero

I take comfort in this I belive that there is other intelligent life in this universe and that they know we exist and they could take action to stop or fups that could have a massive impact on the rest of the universe. they havent done anything so there must not be anything wrong
thats a good point.

I 'try' to believe in some 'more intelligent' life out there.

Old 10-13-08   #9
harli
formerly Lilywhitemm

harli is on a distinguished road
Credits: 160,427
i think the LHC will end badly. how? im not sure. but i feel it will end in disaster.
Old 10-14-08   #10
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by theburningbush View Post

Yeah, science plays around a bunch of things that could end us. Nothing in history though, has been more expensive and on such a massive scale.

The big bang theory is, after all just a theory and even if they can recreate a theory, there is still not proving that we were created that way. All they are doing is proving that the big bang COULD have created the universe. Then again, maybe it did happen. But still, in their quest to know the secrets to our universe, it could be a possible end to us.

The universe expands into infinity, you can't ultimately know, the be all and end all of infinity. Even if LHC does end us, the universe will still be here. and it won't end long after we are dead and gone.

It is a scientific impossibility that we are the only intelligent life in the universe. Like I have said before, the universe is infinate, there is no way that we could be the only life in it.

On the grand scale of things, maybe there is something watching us, maybe they will help us if we fuck things up but it shouldn't have to get to that point.

I can't wait to see what happens, I have my doubts, like i said, I wait with wonder and fear, I really want to see history being made, or maybe being destroyed. I agree with Lilli though, I think it will end badly, I'm not sure how either but who am I to assume this?

Try to buy and brand it
To keep punk rock elite
Old 10-14-08   #11
dk123
Lost Soul

dk123 will become famous soon enoughdk123 will become famous soon enough
Credits: 262,974
Apparently it was going to take until 2010 to get up to full capacity if kept running from the launch so... we've got some time in hand.

Plus there's this thing about that big meteor that's gonna screw up the earth either by smashing us or screwing with our orbit or something like that.
Old 10-14-08   #12
Sik Simon
Ate God
Overlord

Sik Simon is on a distinguished road
Credits: 26,877
Sweet
Old 10-14-08   #13
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzy View Post
Apparently it was going to take until 2010 to get up to full capacity if kept running from the launch so... we've got some time in hand.
Yeah, the full speed is supposed to recreate the big bang but also with it going so fast, it could create dark matter leading to black holes but also the radiation given off by the protons are supposed to decay the black holes before they have any sort of chance to become stable. This is all theory though, Steven Hawkings theorised the radiation decaying the black holes. But then, scientists have been known to be absolutely incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzy View Post
Plus there's this thing about that big meteor that's gonna screw up the earth either by smashing us or screwing with our orbit or something like that.
You are talking about Planet X or as the jesus freaks and extremists put it, Nibiru. The planet does aparrently exist accoring to scientists but there is no way it would get to earth, its just too far out for it to be mathimatical or scientifitcal possibility at all. There is no way it can screw up our orbit. Also the comet that has passed us a million times that people think is gonna end up hitting us is bullshit, even if it does come back round beacuse of the gravity, the closest it would hit would probably be neptune.

That and the Myan comet that people are totally freaked about in the bible bashing world.
The Myan calendar ends in 2012. The Myans were a very advanced civilization. They have ultimately mapped out the entire universe, out solar system included, planets and all, the EXACT mesurements between us and each and every planet in our solar system and then some. They also predicted every lunar eclipse that is and has happened. So far the only inconsistency in the Mayns mesurements and maps is that their timing is out by about 33 or 35 seconds when it comes to the lunar cycles, not entirely sure because its been a while since I studied it.
The Myans said that on december 21st 2012, the sun will rise from the dark rift at the centre of the milky way, the dark rift they call 'the cosmic mother'. There is actually a black hole in the centre of our milky way though, scientists did prove that a few years ago. They also did prove the Myans correct that on 21st december that the earth will be in exact alignment with the centre of the milky way and the sun. It only happens once every twenty-five thousand, eight-hundred years, scientists are unsure of what effect it will have on earth but they theorise a pole shift. It's where the entire mantle of the earth would shift completely in days or weeks or months or even hours, the result of the pole shift is that the position of the north and south pole would completely change direction.

The pole shiift is supposed to cause worldwide disaster. It has been backed by science that the pole shift has already happend a few million years ago, the north and south pole were once in the centre of the equator. Some scientists reckon that the pole shift was the cause of the mass extinction of the dinorsaurs.

Heres something that explains the myan calander. Whether you lot think it is the end of the world then thats up to you. I tried to find an unbiased thing for everyone to look at but this explains it in a simple way.

Well they are 33 seconds off the cycle of the luna cycles. I wasn't far off.

Try to buy and brand it
To keep punk rock elite
Old 10-14-08   #14
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

Oh and I forgot to mention that some people believe that the LHC could be the cause of Planet X or Nibiru to orbit closer or collide with earth, it ain't true unless it causes some massive magnetic pull spacifically to the planet nibiru or knocks the fucking thing out of orbit around its own shit.

Try to buy and brand it
To keep punk rock elite
Old 10-14-08   #15
Sik Simon
Ate God
Overlord

Cool video, WILL YOU BE READY. I've always thought the tenth planet should be called pandora, because in astrological terms it's the number 10 so it goes back to 1 (1+0=1) It's like a new beginning. Pandora seems a fitting name. Well in roman astrology they said when they found each new planet it opened up a new energy of human consciousness. What then of the tenth planet? It's kind of hard to explain the things in my head.
Old 10-14-08   #16
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

They think that Nibiru is more in the constallation of Libra which is way the fuck out there somewhere.
I studied Myan history for a couple of years and the conclusions that people come up with differ alot, some believe it is the end of the world on sunday december 21st 2012 and some believe that it will change the course of our planet for the worst but will not be the end of us.

Personally, I thing that the Myans were an amazing civilisation and yet they still did NOT believe that the world would actually end. Not entirely, I mean, they didn't say that THE WORLD WILL COMPLETELY END. I think for them, 21st december 2012 means a new start, a new calendar and a new cycle of the universe, yes it means the end of the myan calendar, mainly because they couldn't predict what kind of effect it would have on earth, they were advanced but not that advanced. I doubt that it would be the end of the world. Myans were all about begnings and I see their calendars end as a new begining. Imagine, in 2012 we will look to the sky and see an amzing thing that NOBODY in our time here has been able to comprehend or study. We are fortunate for this, it is an amazing thing to witness and we are gonna be here to witness it.

Try to buy and brand it
To keep punk rock elite
Old 10-14-08   #17
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sik Simon View Post
Cool video, WILL YOU BE READY. I've always thought the tenth planet should be called pandora, because in astrological terms it's the number 10 so it goes back to 1 (1+0=1) It's like a new beginning. Pandora seems a fitting name. Well in roman astrology they said when they found each new planet it opened up a new energy of human consciousness. What then of the tenth planet? It's kind of hard to explain the things in my head.
I forgot that you were into astrology, this whole thing must fascinate you as much as it does me. I'm gonna try and have a look for some links that may interest you about nibiru and the myan calendar if you want me to. Some of the sources are well biased and keep refering to the end of the world, I'll try and find a science view of it and a view from astroloy.

I'm not that good with astrology unfortunately so I haven't a clue on what you would make of it. What are your views on the myan calendar Simon?

Try to buy and brand it
To keep punk rock elite
Old 10-14-08   #18
Zelos
lo ucciderò con fuoco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
Yeah, the full speed is supposed to recreate the big bang but also with it going so fast, it could create dark matter leading to black holes but also the radiation given off by the protons are supposed to decay the black holes before they have any sort of chance to become stable. This is all theory though, Steven Hawkings theorised the radiation decaying the black holes. But then, scientists have been known to be absolutely incorrect.

You are talking about Planet X or as the jesus freaks and extremists put it, Nibiru. The planet does aparrently exist accoring to scientists but there is no way it would get to earth, its just too far out for it to be mathimatical or scientifitcal possibility at all. There is no way it can screw up our orbit. Also the comet that has passed us a million times that people think is gonna end up hitting us is bullshit, even if it does come back round beacuse of the gravity, the closest it would hit would probably be neptune.

That and the Myan comet that people are totally freaked about in the bible bashing world.
The Myan calendar ends in 2012. The Myans were a very advanced civilization. They have ultimately mapped out the entire universe, out solar system included, planets and all, the EXACT mesurements between us and each and every planet in our solar system and then some. They also predicted every lunar eclipse that is and has happened. So far the only inconsistency in the Mayns mesurements and maps is that their timing is out by about 33 or 35 seconds when it comes to the lunar cycles, not entirely sure because its been a while since I studied it.
The Myans said that on december 21st 2012, the sun will rise from the dark rift at the centre of the milky way, the dark rift they call 'the cosmic mother'. There is actually a black hole in the centre of our milky way though, scientists did prove that a few years ago. They also did prove the Myans correct that on 21st december that the earth will be in exact alignment with the centre of the milky way and the sun. It only happens once every twenty-five thousand, eight-hundred years, scientists are unsure of what effect it will have on earth but they theorise a pole shift. It's where the entire mantle of the earth would shift completely in days or weeks or months or even hours, the result of the pole shift is that the position of the north and south pole would completely change direction.

The pole shiift is supposed to cause worldwide disaster. It has been backed by science that the pole shift has already happend a few million years ago, the north and south pole were once in the centre of the equator. Some scientists reckon that the pole shift was the cause of the mass extinction of the dinorsaurs.

Heres something that explains the myan calander. Whether you lot think it is the end of the world then thats up to you. I tried to find an unbiased thing for everyone to look at but this explains it in a simple way.

YouTube - Signs of the End!

Well they are 33 seconds off the cycle of the luna cycles. I wasn't far off.
I find all of this hella interesting. I cant wait to see what happens!!!!
did you know (which im sure you do) we learned what we did from the mayans from just a 'few' tablets, and the rest were destroyed for some reason. Imagine what we would know if we got our hands on those destroyed tablets!

Old 10-14-08   #19
Sik Simon
Ate God
Overlord

It is divine and I have reoccuring dreams about that include various numbers including dates, times, days, it's so weird that I don't even usually share my predictions with anyone. The mayans were by far the most advanced as far as astrology goes, beyond the egyptians and even the romans, if we could understand everything about their heiroglyphics then we too would probably be as in touch with the universe as they were.
Old 10-14-08   #20
Zelos
lo ucciderò con fuoco

By all means, do tell your predictions.

I'm one of those 'open minded' people. I've looked into meta physics and such, psychic phenomenon, etc etc

ya know, there are people in history, people call 'prophets'. something to think about..