Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Welcome > Socialize
Reload this Page Proper Diet & Exercise.... WTF??

Old 06-25-08   #21
Sik Simon
Ate God
Overlord

Sik Simon is on a distinguished road
Credits: 26,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncletiggs View Post
Did you mean 5'8"? cause at 6'8", 285, your thinnish..

Just so you know. every one i've known that quit smoking had a time period shortly after the craving went away that involved illness. You get that crap outta your system, and your body, apparently, realises all the other crap thats in you.. But it too passes.
Just thought i would give you a heads up on that.
Yes you get EXTREMELY sick when you quit smoking... It's called "Withdrawl" and it can last anywhere from 2 days to a month. Symptoms: Taste difference, smell difference, nausea, sore throat, headache, body aches, muscle spasms, body tremors, audial/visual hallucinations, and on very rare occasions even death. It all depends on the amount of nicotine resin in the body and method of quitting.
Old 06-25-08   #22
Sik Simon
Ate God
Overlord

Sik Simon is on a distinguished road
Credits: 26,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddy View Post
Also, the specific sugar they use, high fructose corn syrup, is terrible for you. It's a synthetically made sugar from left-over corn starch. It has been linked to certain kinds of cancer, abdominal fat, and diabetes, and a bunch of other things. Start reading your ingredients label, and try to avoid stuff with high fructose corn syrup.
Wow that's just health nutty, anything that's worth drinking has high fructose corn syrup in it. The indians ate corn like a mother fucker, they lived off of it! Saying high fructose corn syrup causes cancer in humans is like saying saccharin causes cancer in humans, there is no proof of such a thing. Not to say basically anything can cause cancer if your taking in as much as those lab rats take in, it's ridiculous fucking amounts like 100% High fructose corn syrup diets, hell yeah if you have 100% High fructose corn syrup diet you're gonna die, hell if you have 100% anything diet your gonna die. Vitamins are made synthetically with left over crap from all kinds of shit, should we stop taking vitamins? Can vitamins cause cancer? Yea if your injecting a bottle of free-based centrum silver for every meal.

Last edited by Sik Simon; 06-25-08 at 17:38.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-08   #23
Duddy
Bacon

Duddy
Credits: 128,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sik Simon View Post
Wow that's just health nutty, anything that's worth drinking has high fructose corn syrup in it. The indians ate corn like a mother fucker, they lived off of it! Saying high fructose corn syrup causes cancer in humans is like saying saccharin causes cancer in humans, there is no proof of such a thing. Not to say basically anything can cause cancer if your taking in as much as those lab rats take in, it's ridiculous fucking amounts like 100% High fructose corn syrup diets, hell yeah if you have 100% High fructose corn syrup diet you're gonna die, hell if you have 100% anything diet your gonna die. Vitamins are made synthetically with left over crap from all kinds of shit, should we stop taking vitamins? Can vitamins cause cancer? Yea if your injecting a bottle of free-based centrum silver for every meal.

You just made it pretty obvious that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, so just stop spouting your ignorant nonsense. Manifesto is asking for health advice, not your ramblings. Eating corn and intaking high fructose corn syrup are completely different things. HFCS may have originally come from corn starch, but the similarities end there. And yes it HAS been linked to cancer, as well as an increase in belly fat and diabetes. If you don't believe me, go to pubmed and sort through their medical studies, it's all there.
Old 07-15-08   #24
Duddy
Bacon

Duddy
Credits: 128,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy the Kidd View Post
You have to hit the weights as well. If you have fat AND muscle mass you are going to lose both if you only do cardio etc. So I would suggest keeping up with resistance weight training as well as a lot of cardio. Curbing how much you eat and eating more nutritious food will also make a difference.
Billy is exactly correct. Even if you don't want to build muscle, lifting weights will help you maintain your current muscle mass. Plus the extra stress it places on your skeletal system can help keep your bones strong.
Old 07-16-08   #25
Sin
Darkness Incarnate

Sin will become famous soon enough
Credits: 84,659
There's some great tips in this thread, I've been working on getting back into shape as well.

My trouble hit with some medical issues, as well as I relocated off the island and live in the city now, the result of that was I stopped bicycling, and my job went from an extremely physically demanding one, to boring retail management... combine all of that together and I almost doubled in sizes... (Went from wearing a size 9, to a size 16) . Its coming off slowly, now that my job has changed again and I've moved once more to an area that's a bit less 'city' like.

Ahh well.

Thanks for some of the great tips in here guys!
Old 07-16-08   #26
Metagion
Judgement At Last!

Metagion will become famous soon enough
Credits: 114,654
Honestly.....I'm trying to lose weight as well, and am looking for a diet that will "cut it"

I ate nothing but salads for a month, but I'm getting reeeeeeeeal sick of lettuce, so hearing about spinach sounds good. Also, I have, say, Cheerios in the morning (one bowl) with soy milk instead of real, and that's not bad; but weight loss is different for women then for men...

I miss going to aerobics like you wouldn't believe. I thought after I'd gotten laid off that since I had the time, I had all these lofty goals; turns out the comp and the PS3 (And XBox360) became my best friends and I seldom go out.

Duddy: how do I start to get back into shape with a routine that works? I have asthma, and I was thinking of getting that tape "Turbo Jam".......what's your opinion? I'm so ashamed that I let myself go after all these years, and I want to fix it.
Old 07-16-08   #27
Metagion
Judgement At Last!

I forgot too that I drink Coke Zero (Vanilla) too much, and the vitamin water (husband likes Propel) has 70 mil of sodium vs. 40 mil of sodium for Diet Coke; doesn't sodium help you retain water?

I like the Fiji water brand, as well as Dasani
Old 07-16-08   #28
Sin
Darkness Incarnate

Sin will become famous soon enough
Credits: 84,659
This is how I started out...

I rarely used to eat fruit, but I picked it up. When I was hungry, instead of going for junk food, I'd go for a small bowl of fruit salad. Fruit is full of fibre too a lot of the time so it helps you feel full, on only small portions. That plus as Duddy pointed out, it has numerous other benefits.

Ate fruit salad for close to a month (Yes I ate other things too, but Fruit was my lunch, and occasionally breakfast)

After a while my desire to eat fruit dropped dramatically and I plateaued out... energy levels dropped again and that's when I realized that my metabolism was back up to a point where 'fruit' just didn't cut it... it burned through that too fast to sustain me, so I started eating something a bit more substantial at lunchtime, and reducing the amount I ate at dinnertime.

Dropped some more, plateaued out again, and upped the amount of carbs I intake a little bit... and yeah its been a rocky road.

Next step is to really ramp up my activity levels, my work keeps me plenty busy but not quite enough. At the same time though its always hot as hell in the gallery so I drink about 2L of water a day (just water outta the tap) while at work, and so it's a great way to flush any toxins out.

That's where I'm at, food wise at least.
Old 07-16-08   #29
Metagion
Judgement At Last!

Yeah, I like fruit too.....I'm a lazy ass, so I have to figure something out. Diabetes runs insanely high in my family, and I don't want to be next....

I'm looking into some programs right now, and again, figuring out the whole 'diet' thing.