Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Entertainment
Reload this Page Iron Man

Old 05-03-08   #1
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Dyshade will become famous soon enoughDyshade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,453
Iron Man

Just got out!!

Robert Downey Jr. rocks the Tony Stark part. The acting is excellent, the special effects are the most seamless and amazing I have yet seen on the big screen.

It is one of the best comic book adaptations to so far (stay until the last credits!!!) be done on the big screen. Leagues better than any of the fluff superhero movies done by either Marvel or DC (The Dark knight is a watcher though). The writing was excellent, the characters were grown and you could not help but to relate to them.

In ending SEE THIS MOVIE!!! It fucking rocks--- if they continue (Marvel) in this same vein (Remember STAY UNTIL THE LAST CREDITS ROLL!! ---- Samuel L. Jackson and I say no more) Marvel will be creating some of the best adaptations brought to the big screen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.O.D.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-08   #2
Uncletiggs
DF's Dirty 'ol Man
Admin

Uncletiggs will become famous soon enough
Credits: 218,114
Yep, i was there as well.. Not in a long long time have i seen audiences actually react aloud to parts in a movie. In a good way. And in different emotions.

Downey Jr. does an exellent job.
Gwenneth is great ( yeah, that dress was smoking! )
And SLJ! at the end of the credits.... nope, no spoiler from me..

As a side note for everyone in general... Nowadays, you need to stay till the end of the credits. Many will have bloopers, addins, teasers, hints, previews, etc.. There have been several films in the past couple of years that i stayed when others did not. Fun to have that tidbit of info that the "need to leave now" folks don't get to see...

Nice guys finish last
It isn't just a saying.. It's a fact of life!

Those things that produced your ex......you know, the bitchmakers! Metagion

If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is it considered rape or shoplifting?

You're not who you are, you're only what other people think you are

Your more Delusional than you think I am! {Duck Dodgers}
Old 05-03-08   #3
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncletiggs View Post
Yep, i was there as well.. Not in a long long time have i seen audiences actually react aloud to parts in a movie. In a good way. And in different emotions.

Downey Jr. does an exellent job.
Gwenneth is great ( yeah, that dress was smoking! )
And SLJ! at the end of the credits.... nope, no spoiler from me..

As a side note for everyone in general... Nowadays, you need to stay till the end of the credits. Many will have bloopers, addins, teasers, hints, previews, etc.. There have been several films in the past couple of years that i stayed when others did not. Fun to have that tidbit of info that the "need to leave now" folks don't get to see...
Gah, Paltrow is a decent actress but she is not all that smoking

Yeah, there was quite a bit of audience clamor which was cool.

They did a great job on the suit. Hell on all the suits. There was a teaser for the movie a while back that showed Stark standing in a huge room surrounded by all of his suits. It was curiously missing from the movie itself which leads me to believe that we will be seeing an Iron Man 2 pretty quick. Or maybe??? lol.... somethin' else...

S.O.D.

Old 05-03-08   #4
Uncletiggs
DF's Dirty 'ol Man
Admin

Uncletiggs will become famous soon enough
Credits: 218,114
i thought she was in that dress... althought the color of it should have been slightly different

Nice guys finish last
It isn't just a saying.. It's a fact of life!

Those things that produced your ex......you know, the bitchmakers! Metagion

If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is it considered rape or shoplifting?

You're not who you are, you're only what other people think you are

Your more Delusional than you think I am! {Duck Dodgers}
Old 05-03-08   #5
Nox noctis Umbra
Proud papa

Nox noctis Umbra is on a distinguished road
Credits: 96,032
I can tell you right now they plan on making a second one, partly cause they wanna feature the mandarin, and because they also wanna do Stark's alcoholism ark as well. I didn't stay till the end of the credits but I already knew what they were doing with SLJ anyways, especially when that special agent wanted to talk to Stark about his escape. I wonder what other movies they are gonna try and tie into each other. I also thought the CGI was pretty damn good, especially during the escape sequence. I know not all of it was CGI, but after he got out of the cave and had torched everything was. I wanna see the second one.... Next I go see The Incredible Hulk, and then Indianna Jones.

P.S. I laughed my ass off at the ending of the movie, hell of a way to end the first one.
Old 05-03-08   #6
~G~
Cosmic Fire Dancer.

~G~ is on a distinguished road
Credits: 93,948
Saw this last night. Was good.
Old 05-03-08   #7
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

The second Iron Man will probably be a precursor to cooler things First The Hulk in two weeks. Than hopefully Captain America next Summer along with Thor And than it will all culminate

S.O.D.

Old 05-03-08   #8
Nox noctis Umbra
Proud papa

No, whats gonna be really fucking sweet is when they do the Avengers movie. Fucking yeah man. Marvel Studios has the movie rights to all the original line up of the Avengers..... now if only they could get the rights to the Fantastic Four(don't remember what studio owns those rights), and Spider-Man back from Sony........
Old 05-03-08   #9
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox noctis Umbra View Post
No, whats gonna be really fucking sweet is when they do the Avengers movie. Fucking yeah man. Marvel Studios has the movie rights to all the original line up of the Avengers..... now if only they could get the rights to the Fantastic Four(don't remember what studio owns those rights), and Spider-Man back from Sony........
Yeah. That is what I am getting at The Avengers are Captain America, Iron Man, The Hulk, and Thor. There were alot of others who came and went but that is the original core group. Each character is going to be introduced through their own movie culminating in an Avengers movie in probably 2010. Marvel will not allow it to be made until each respective actor has dominated their part through a movie which develops their big-screen persona.
Marvel will never get the sold rights back elsewise we would probably see a guest appearance in the Avengers from Spider-Man. I would like to see the Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, and The Vision in the movie but that will not be.
They will probably stick with the core Avengers. Tony Stark funding it and also an acting member as Iron Man, Captain America as the Leader and military tactician, both The Hulk and Thor as the muscle

S.O.D.

Old 05-03-08   #10
Nox noctis Umbra
Proud papa

Don't forget Ant-Man. They have the rights to him as well. I agree with you where Spidey is concerned, way too big of a money maker for Sony to sell him back. We can dream though. Hawkeye could be as well as The Vision, Scarlet Witch might be another story, since Fox might have aquired the rights to that character along with the X-Men.... depending on where their intents lie with the X-Men(I have trouble seeing a fourth movie, especially how the third one ended, I know they would like to but come on, some of the biggest characters either died, or lost their powers)
Old 05-03-08   #11
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Nope Fox has X-Men but not Scarlet as she ain't a part of that Franchise

Henry Pym would be cool but I have searched and searched and cannot find an ant-man movie mentioned anywhere. I have heard of a Namor movie and The Sub-Mariner was a villain and later a member of The Avengers.

No Fox fucked the X-Men franchise over with that last movie. There will be no fourth BUT we should be seeing a possible Wolverine movie

One thing is for sure, we will see an Avengers Movie, and if it is done even half as good as Iron Man it will rock because Iron Man is to date the quintessential Super-Hero movie, blowing any of the others away.

S.O.D.

Old 05-03-08   #12
Nox noctis Umbra
Proud papa

Eh I just found out The Avengers is planned for release next year..... god I hope they don't fuck it up
Old 05-03-08   #13
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

2010... next year is 2009... where does it say 2009 at?? Marvel, Stan Lee, and the posse stated pretty clearly that they would not go ahead with the movie unless all the respective characters were done in their own movies first

S.O.D.

Old 05-03-08   #14
Nox noctis Umbra
Proud papa

Maybe I have old info...... always a possibility. I have 2009 for Captain America, and Thor..... and I don't think they would do all three the same year.
Old 05-03-08   #15
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

See That is what I have seen. 2009 for Cap and Thor and 2010 for Iron Man 2 and the Avengers. I bet Iron Man 2 ties in with the Avengers movie, that would be awesome.

S.O.D.

Old 05-03-08   #16
Nox noctis Umbra
Proud papa

I somehow get the feeling that its also gonna pick up where Captain America leaves off as well
Old 05-03-08   #17
Nox noctis Umbra
Proud papa

And I have one thing I would like to say about Iron Man: How can you deny a superhero who's theme is sung by the Ozman himself?
Old 05-04-08   #18
WhiteCord
Oompa Loompa

WhiteCord is on a distinguished road
Credits: 2,265
One of the best movies i've seen all year....cool "live like tony stark" contest here...

the theater was jammed yesterday at 1pm...that shocked me...gonna be a big opening.
Old 05-04-08   #19
Nox noctis Umbra
Proud papa

See, this is what happens when marvel itself is in control of the creation of the movie..... maybe we can actually expect similar results from the remaining marvel studios produced movies, especially the incredible hulk, since that is next in the release schedule. If that one is good, then there is high hopes for the rest
Old 05-04-08   #20
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

thefr0g will become famous soon enough
Credits: 50,469,694
Man I suck, i left early.

I never read comic books, dont even get into comic book movies that much, but I liked this film quite a bit. Now I'm curious what the fuck happens at the end.