Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Mayhem
Reload this Page ...stupid palm trees and fake boobies...

Old 03-23-08   #1
Harlequin
Face in the Mist

Harlequin is on a distinguished road
Credits: 2,363
...stupid palm trees and fake boobies...

I hate palm trees. All my friends laugh at me when I say that, but I mean it. Those trees represent the stupid people who sit under them (sorry if that's you). I hate beaches 'cause they make me self-conscious of my fatass self, and seem to ceaselessly remind me of the fake blonde "babes" from a Bay Watch world who dictate countless opinions of what a GIRL is SUPPOSED to look like. I hate men and women alike. In fact I'm proud when I say I'm not sexually attracted to either for their undying stupidity and worthless frivolities. Boys are cruel, and girls are vain. That's all I have to say about the two.

Anti-fashion is in fact a fashion in itself, and I can't stand watching people parade around in their "original" garments, thinking they've done something remarkable when they've only started another cycle of fashion and trends to tie others down. I wear whatever looks good to me, and I don't care if it is or isn't in style. They can kiss my ass. "Just fuck them all, darling..." or something like that... Oh, and why should I spend fifty bucks on a fashionably torn pair of pants, when I can do that myself? Customization is much more "original" anyway, asswipes...

And why do some little girlies think it's in their magically gained authority to tell others how to wear their make-up, their hair, and how to pluck their eyebrows? I hope their fake breasts suffocate them in their sleep!

...lardasses, bigots, and hypocrites...are their names in my book.

~ S.A.
Old 03-24-08   #2
Uncletiggs
DF's Dirty 'ol Man
Admin

Uncletiggs will become famous soon enough
Credits: 218,114
fake bodies make me nauseous sometimes.. Hair, lipo, implants, makeup.. If i wanted that, I'd be with a mannequin!!

Nice guys finish last
It isn't just a saying.. It's a fact of life!

Those things that produced your ex......you know, the bitchmakers! Metagion

If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is it considered rape or shoplifting?

You're not who you are, you're only what other people think you are

Your more Delusional than you think I am! {Duck Dodgers}
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-08   #3
Siouxsie
Moans in the Night

Siouxsie is on a distinguished road
Credits: 3,245
are you saying that you hate people who care about how they look?
Old 03-24-08   #4
dk123
Lost Soul

dk123 will become famous soon enoughdk123 will become famous soon enough
Credits: 262,974
"if you've got it, flaunt it."

you obviously don't got it.

Have you ever thought that perhaps people who are suggesting you wear your hair in a certain way or wear a certain type of makeup might be doing it to help you?

would you say that to a doctor?
"fuck off, what gives you the right to tell me how to keep my heart running?"

Perhaps said girlies only get pretty because they spend a lot of time pruning and prepping themselves and others. Perhaps they study beauty in their own time. Perhaps they learnt something along the way. Most of these people do said things because they get a kick out of it and want to share their knowledge. Who knows? if you opened up to them, maybe they'd do you a favour.

I hate people who whine and insult others out of pure jealousy.
Old 03-24-08   #5
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Wicked Lady is on a distinguished road
Credits: 653,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzy View Post
I hate people who whine and insult others out of pure jealousy.
And that, in a nutshell, is my problem with this entire topic. What's wrong with being attractive? What's wrong with wanting to look nice for yourself or for your significant other or whatever?

On top of that, what's original about ranting about the lack of originality in the world?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-24-08   #6
dk123
Lost Soul

I agree WL. It's absolutely rediculous.

I hope this person sticks around. They have a lot to contribute. great ideas and arguments to bring to the table.

Last edited by dk123; 03-24-08 at 09:26.
Old 03-24-08   #7
thefinalw0rd
SaxophoniusExtraordinaire

Location: To the back of the front of the middle, slightly to the right of the left.
thefinalw0rd is on a distinguished road
Credits: 138,566
I think that the problem is, though, that a lot of women (and women especially given the whole body image thing in society) don't realize that they're actually very attractive beneath all of the 'fake' stuff. Either no one has told them or they simply don't believe it because they've been conditioned by our norms to not believe any idea of 'pretty' other than the too-skinny/blemish-free/36-C/tight-butt/etc vision of women.

I agree with WL, there's nothing wrong with wanting to look nice for someone. A lot of guys do it too (without being metrosexual even!), though of course we don't bother with make-up. We'll fix our hair, maybe a shot of cologne (or AXE if you're gross).

The problem is the kind of 'nice' that a lot of girls (and they carry this into their lives as women) feel that they have to look. Its the unrealistic kind of nice. Then you get into the prevalence of eating disorders as a result. Those things scare the crap out of me (no offense to anyone). Many friends of mine, including a girl who I dated for a while, have gone down that path and it is so incredibly difficult, from what I've seen anyway, to make the decision to recover. Its odd, too - this girl that I dated was a petite and skinny dancer who was nonetheless convinced that she was so fat. That, though, is part of the image that we put forth...

Last edited by thefinalw0rd; 03-24-08 at 09:51.
Old 03-24-08   #8
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

It's not good to be 90% synthetic. But unattractive girls like to bag on attractive ones out of jealousy. It's really quite sad.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-24-08   #9
Uncletiggs
DF's Dirty 'ol Man
Admin

Uncletiggs will become famous soon enough
Credits: 218,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxsie View Post
are you saying that you hate people who care about how they look?
NO, I'm not saying that. It's what they said about "THINKING" they don't look good on their own.

I don't mind a touch of makeup to enhance whats there already. But there's a line you should draw.
Example... Girl i work with is attractive on her own. But she wears soo much makeup that she ends up looking more like a raccoon than a female!!
OR. This one guy went to the mall with a co-worker. Spent almost an hour just choosing a brush. Then spent 1.5 hours in the bathroom getting his hair 'just right'. Thats excessive.
Hell, WFT is botox for? To me, it's a useless waste of money.
And don't get me started on implants. LOL

Nice guys finish last
It isn't just a saying.. It's a fact of life!

Those things that produced your ex......you know, the bitchmakers! Metagion

If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is it considered rape or shoplifting?

You're not who you are, you're only what other people think you are

Your more Delusional than you think I am! {Duck Dodgers}
Old 03-24-08   #10
thefinalw0rd
SaxophoniusExtraordinaire

Location: To the back of the front of the middle, slightly to the right of the left.
thefinalw0rd is on a distinguished road
Credits: 138,566
Quote:
It's not good to be 90% synthetic. But unattractive girls like to bag on attractive ones out of jealousy. It's really quite sad.
Agreed completely. But its probably also true that many of those 'unattrctive' girls define themselves that way even though many of them may not be.

I agree with Tiggs. A touch of make-up to enhance something, that's fine. A lot of people go overboard, as we all know.
Old 03-24-08   #11
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalw0rd View Post
Agreed completely. But its probably also true that many of those 'unattrctive' girls define themselves that way even though many of them may not be.

I agree with Tiggs. A touch of make-up to enhance something, that's fine. A lot of people go overboard, as we all know.
Why should attractive people be made to feel guilty because some munter chooses to wallow in self-pity? It was a general question not necessarily directed to you in particular.

Old 03-24-08   #12
dk123
Lost Soul

I think Siouxie was addressing Harlequin Tiggs, but damn good point, with which I agree. Lines must be drawn everywhere.

Talking of which, what's with crayon eyebrows? eww.
Old 03-24-08   #13
Harlequin
Face in the Mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Lady View Post
And that, in a nutshell, is my problem with this entire topic. What's wrong with being attractive? What's wrong with wanting to look nice for yourself or for your significant other or whatever?

On top of that, what's original about ranting about the lack of originality in the world?
I never said it was original (I am anything BUT original, although I like to think myself different from most). You inferred that I did though. No one will ever be completely original in a world like this, full of cycles and seasons. I just get mad when people think they're something special, when there are others who feel that same feeling (I do feel very unique, but there are a few like myself, I'll agree). What I want is for people to choose what THEY like, and not what they think their friends say they should wear to rebel against something useless and futile...

I didn't say anything about hating make-up, I said I hated people who tell others what to do with their make-up. But then again, I hate anyone who tells me what to do in any situation. I wear make-up and I like the way it looks sometimes. Those replies were just minor misunderstandings. But some do go "overboard" (although there are many ideas of what such a thing is). I hate it when others tell me I should wear pastel pink (such an ugly color in itself, apart from my own grotesque features), when I strongly prefer darker colors because of the contrast. I also like shaving my eyebrows half-off on both sides. I would shave them completely off, but then I'd be accused of trying to be like Syd Barrett by my Floydian buddies. To me, overboard is flattering your looks with things that will look good. I try to look bad most of the time, since nothing can make me look decent. Things I really dislike are the overuse of eye-shadow and blush. Then you would all say that, "Well, you shave your eyebrows!!!" It's the powders that bug me.

It isn't even make-up alone that I associate with vanity. I've met many girls, and quite a few are very confident, almost disgustingly. I guess you would all say that I myself have my head up my ass, and I don't know what to say of that lol. I don't try to be over-confident. If I am I'm sorry about it. It wasn't only girls I was attacking during my brief bout of angst either. I guess the world hates me for things out of my control, and I hate it back. For that I am crucified.

Of course I already know I'm ugly and I flaunt that, just as a pretty person would flaunt their beauty, unfortunately for the rest of the world. I don't have a very pleasant life, and misery loves company. Too bad I guess. I am openly jealous, since I believe in honesty about my faults. Wouldn't you be jealous if everyone else had the few things in life you treasured most? What I treasure most are close and comfortable relationships with family, friends, and lovers. My ugliness keeps me from those unreachable goals, and you all touched a soft spot by reminding me very harshly. People say appearance doesn't matter, but it does. It doesn't matter what I wear. I am ugly and people will always hate me on site. Naturally that is a disadvantage, but there's nothing I can do about it. "Pretty" people would never understand (yes, I know that's a paradox on my part, since ugly people will never understand what the darling pretties go through...).

Self-pity is much more consoling than talking to my wall, which my mom's boyfriend told me to do. There's only one person who care's about me, and it's myself. That's the single comfort I've got, and it's better than nothing.

EDIT: Obviously I would not tell a doctor off, but that is a completely different subject. I can live without make-up, I can't live without a heart...duh... I have lines that I draw on myself too. I just hate it when regular people base everything they try to force upon others on their own opinions, not to benefit the others, but to benefit themselves with the assurance that they "know more"...their knowledge is all opinion, and they think that just because something is good for them it is good for others. Another paradox, although I don't usually try to tell others what they "should do." I tell them what I would "like them to do." Much less so overpowering, I think.

I honestly think that too much investment in beauty products is not a very feminine thing at all (I don't say I'm feminine in any way because I don't count as a female. I'm not trying to be self-righteous). It only makes them consumers (or consumer whores! : D ) buying countless tonics, trying to fight nature and become what I call robots. When I say robots, I'm referring to their repetitive movement; it's a lame joke. It's all to no avail though, since everyone is but worm food in the end. An afterlife is something I refuse to talk about. I think vanity is in a woman's nature, but so is modesty. Most girls just "flaunt it while they got it" (lol, or flaunt it while they THINK they got it... What kind of shit grammar is that I'm using?), and only show the negative virtue.

I'm no prize myself, but just because someone thinks they're beautiful and acts the part does not confirm the reality.

~ S.A.

Last edited by Harlequin; 03-24-08 at 15:25.
Old 03-24-08   #14
Axantha
peripheral visionary

Axantha is on a distinguished road
Credits: 95,266
You need a hoodie like I had made for my sister for Christmas a few years back.

She got tired of everyone telling her to "girlie up".

It was black with pink lettering that said "This is as girlie as it gets"

That which does not kill us hurts like hell.
Old 03-24-08   #15
Harlequin
Face in the Mist

Well, I'm not totally against being feminine. I'd love to be considered a girl, but I'm too ugly.

~ S.A.
Old 03-24-08   #16
dk123
Lost Soul

remember, people read your other threads.

ahh so much fun thank you for coming to df.
Old 03-24-08   #17
Legolas
~~Dinosaur~~

Legolas is on a distinguished road
Credits: 45,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
I hate palm trees. All my friends laugh at me when I say that, but I mean it. Those trees represent the stupid people who sit under them (sorry if that's you). I hate beaches 'cause they make me self-conscious of my fatass self, and seem to ceaselessly remind me of the fake blonde "babes" from a Bay Watch world who dictate countless opinions of what a GIRL is SUPPOSED to look like. I hate men and women alike. In fact I'm proud when I say I'm not sexually attracted to either for their undying stupidity and worthless frivolities. Boys are cruel, and girls are vain. That's all I have to say about the two.

Anti-fashion is in fact a fashion in itself, and I can't stand watching people parade around in their "original" garments, thinking they've done something remarkable when they've only started another cycle of fashion and trends to tie others down. I wear whatever looks good to me, and I don't care if it is or isn't in style. They can kiss my ass. "Just fuck them all, darling..." or something like that... Oh, and why should I spend fifty bucks on a fashionably torn pair of pants, when I can do that myself? Customization is much more "original" anyway, asswipes...

And why do some little girlies think it's in their magically gained authority to tell others how to wear their make-up, their hair, and how to pluck their eyebrows? I hope their fake breasts suffocate them in their sleep!

...lardasses, bigots, and hypocrites...are their names in my book.

~ S.A.
Are you saying you are asexual?

And thanks for reminding me of the beach, I can't wait for the warmer weather so I can find such said beauties

"Stop Dreaming, Live For The Fire Of The Dragon" ©
Old 03-24-08   #18
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Dyshade will become famous soon enoughDyshade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,453
Are you a feminist nazi lesbian???? Maybe leaning a bit toward the granola eating anti-shower god is making the walls breath crowd?

Just asking.....

I think society is fucking cool..... it rocks.....

S.O.D.

Old 03-24-08   #19
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
I never said it was original (I am anything BUT original, although I like to think myself different from most). You inferred that I did though. No one will ever be completely original in a world like this, full of cycles and seasons. I just get mad when people think they're something special, when there are others who feel that same feeling (I do feel very unique, but there are a few like myself, I'll agree). What I want is for people to choose what THEY like, and not what they think their friends say they should wear to rebel against something useless and futile...

I didn't say anything about hating make-up, I said I hated people who tell others what to do with their make-up. But then again, I hate anyone who tells me what to do in any situation. I wear make-up and I like the way it looks sometimes. Those replies were just minor misunderstandings. But some do go "overboard" (although there are many ideas of what such a thing is). I hate it when others tell me I should wear pastel pink (such an ugly color in itself, apart from my own grotesque features), when I strongly prefer darker colors because of the contrast. I also like shaving my eyebrows half-off on both sides. I would shave them completely off, but then I'd be accused of trying to be like Syd Barrett by my Floydian buddies. To me, overboard is flattering your looks with things that will look good. I try to look bad most of the time, since nothing can make me look decent. Things I really dislike are the overuse of eye-shadow and blush. Then you would all say that, "Well, you shave your eyebrows!!!" It's the powders that bug me.

It isn't even make-up alone that I associate with vanity. I've met many girls, and quite a few are very confident, almost disgustingly. I guess you would all say that I myself have my head up my ass, and I don't know what to say of that lol. I don't try to be over-confident. If I am I'm sorry about it. It wasn't only girls I was attacking during my brief bout of angst either. I guess the world hates me for things out of my control, and I hate it back. For that I am crucified.

Of course I already know I'm ugly and I flaunt that, just as a pretty person would flaunt their beauty, unfortunately for the rest of the world. I don't have a very pleasant life, and misery loves company. Too bad I guess. I am openly jealous, since I believe in honesty about my faults. Wouldn't you be jealous if everyone else had the few things in life you treasured most? What I treasure most are close and comfortable relationships with family, friends, and lovers. My ugliness keeps me from those unreachable goals, and you all touched a soft spot by reminding me very harshly. People say appearance doesn't matter, but it does. It doesn't matter what I wear. I am ugly and people will always hate me on site. Naturally that is a disadvantage, but there's nothing I can do about it. "Pretty" people would never understand (yes, I know that's a paradox on my part, since ugly people will never understand what the darling pretties go through...).

Self-pity is much more consoling than talking to my wall, which my mom's boyfriend told me to do. There's only one person who care's about me, and it's myself. That's the single comfort I've got, and it's better than nothing.

EDIT: Obviously I would not tell a doctor off, but that is a completely different subject. I can live without make-up, I can't live without a heart...duh... I have lines that I draw on myself too. I just hate it when regular people base everything they try to force upon others on their own opinions, not to benefit the others, but to benefit themselves with the assurance that they "know more"...their knowledge is all opinion, and they think that just because something is good for them it is good for others. Another paradox, although I don't usually try to tell others what they "should do." I tell them what I would "like them to do." Much less so overpowering, I think.

I honestly think that too much investment in beauty products is not a very feminine thing at all (I don't say I'm feminine in any way because I don't count as a female. I'm not trying to be self-righteous). It only makes them consumers (or consumer whores! : D ) buying countless tonics, trying to fight nature and become what I call robots. When I say robots, I'm referring to their repetitive movement; it's a lame joke. It's all to no avail though, since everyone is but worm food in the end. An afterlife is something I refuse to talk about. I think vanity is in a woman's nature, but so is modesty. Most girls just "flaunt it while they got it" (lol, or flaunt it while they THINK they got it... What kind of shit grammar is that I'm using?), and only show the negative virtue.

I'm no prize myself, but just because someone thinks they're beautiful and acts the part does not confirm the reality.

~ S.A.
tl;dr

Go shave your pits.

Old 03-24-08   #20
Legolas
~~Dinosaur~~

Legolas is on a distinguished road
Credits: 45,876
Why you bitching? Ugly people get laid too... they just use a paper bag sometimes

"Stop Dreaming, Live For The Fire Of The Dragon" ©