Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Hello from the new owner!

Old 02-18-08   #1
sanjay
Dark Prophet
Admin

sanjay is on a distinguished road
Credits: 100
Hello from the new owner!

Dear Members,

I am posting to introduce myself and let you know that I have recently purchased this forum from garg. I am building a network of forums called CrowdGather and I am very excited to include DF (DarkForums) in that universe. CrowdGather will seek to provide enhancements to enhance your forum experience. All your moderators will remain if they chose to (I'm hoping they will). I am also in the process of sending out an introductory email to everyone.

For the obligatory A/S/L- I am 38, male (married with 3 kids) and I live in Los Angeles. I recently left an executive position to launch CrowdGather and we are already approaching 20 forums. I am the founding owner of Genmay.com which is a pretty busy big-board, but I really enjoy all of the network forums.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer them!

Sanjay
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-08   #2
Crypt
___

Crypt is on a distinguished road
Credits: 132,985
and then DF goes corporate

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person

" It is easier to write words on water then to try to use argument on a christian"
Old 02-18-08   #3
sanjay
Dark Prophet
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypt View Post
and then DF goes corporate
Oh yeah btw Crypt resigned as a moderator when I chose not to leave administrator control in anyone's hands until I got to know them.
Old 02-18-08   #4
sanjay
Dark Prophet
Admin

Here is the email I sent in case some of you do not have current emails attached to yoru accounts:

Subject: Darkforum has a new owner (again)

Dear Forum Members,

I am excited to announce that DarkForum has a new owner and is now part of the CrowdGather Network of Forums which includes:

ABXZone Computer Help Forums
General [M]ayhem
Eternal Allegiance - Celebrity Gossip
Page has moved
Democracy Forums
Fashion Forum | Celebrity And Fashion Chat
www.graffittispot.com
theweathervane - Home
BigScreenTalk.com - Movie Reviews & Discussion Forums
Talk Video Games
Tech GFX - Graphics Design Forum
Spice Forums - powered by vBulletin
Love That Sound

I look forward to hearing from the membership to see what can be done to get this place busy again. From personal experience, I love when a forum moves on a real-time basis and the interaction is immediate.

Here is my introduction thread: http://www.darkforum.com/f161/hello-...ml#post1615357 If you want to ask a question.

Our team includes Susie who will handle top-level admin issues. You will also notice an admin account titled ‘Admin’ which will be used for installing marketing plug-ins and performing SEO optimization. A member named ‘coolness28’ will serve as a passive moderator mainly in order to answer questions regarding the CrowdGather features as they are implemented.

Looking forward to a great future together!

Sincerely,

Sanjay
Old 02-18-08   #5
Axantha
peripheral visionary

Axantha is on a distinguished road
Credits: 95,266
Hmmmm

That which does not kill us hurts like hell.
Old 02-18-08   #6
Crypt
___

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
Oh yeah btw Crypt resigned as a moderator when I chose not to leave administrator control in anyone's hands until I got to know them.
actually, I resigned because, you stated one thing and did something else. Had you said you were going to remove the administrators and move them to supermods instead of stating that you were not going to demote anyone and then turn around and demote people I might still be a mod. That and you also saying you required administrators to sign a legal contract to protect yourself. That is why i resigned. Had you handled things differently, things might be different.

" It is easier to write words on water then to try to use argument on a christian"
Old 02-18-08   #7
sanjay
Dark Prophet
Admin

I am happy to move the thread out of the moderators section so that the members can see that you are grossly misstating the facts. Your title was not administrator, it was super-moderator. I am happy to leave you as a super-moderator as I committed. Why would I assume that you were a stealth admin? I made your powers match your title that is all. As soon as I was asked I explained that the only way for you to be an admin under me was for me to get to know you, or for you to sign a legal contract so that if you cause harm to this forum then I can find you and have recourse. I only asked for your legal identity if you wanted to be an admin immediately without letting me get to know you.

I am still hoping you will chose to return to your super-mod status and work with the team towards making this place better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypt View Post
actually, I resigned because, you stated one thing and did something else. Had you said you were going to remove the administrators and move them to supermods instead of stating that you were not going to demote anyone and then turn around and demote people I might still be a mod. That and you also saying you required administrators to sign a legal contract to protect yourself. That is why i resigned. Had you handled things differently, things might be different.
Old 02-18-08   #8
Uncletiggs
DF's Dirty 'ol Man
Admin

Uncletiggs will become famous soon enough
Credits: 218,114
So i have moved this to offtoipic..

It it where it belongs.. as most of our posters look here first anyways...

And the last few posts have pushed it to the limits of friendship...

Nice guys finish last
It isn't just a saying.. It's a fact of life!

Those things that produced your ex......you know, the bitchmakers! Metagion

If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is it considered rape or shoplifting?

You're not who you are, you're only what other people think you are

Your more Delusional than you think I am! {Duck Dodgers}
Old 02-18-08   #9
Crypt
___

My status here before you showed up was as an administrator where I had full access to everything on the forum. A lot more ability then what you had given me. The main reason I was a stealth admin on DF was so that I would not go against the rules that I created to try and help the forum. You say I am misstating the facts, yet I know what I was able to do before you took over and what I was able to do after you posted in the mod forum.

I will state this yet again...

I WILL NEVER BE REJOINING YOUR TEAM AS A MODERATOR OF THIS FORUM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. REGARDLESS IF IT AS SUPER MOD OR AN ADMINISTRATOR.

That being said, regardless if it is you who offers it to me, or Dyshade offers it to me.

you have a good group of individuals as mods and super mods and I think it would be bad for the boards for them to step down. Hopefully for the sake of DF, they will continue their roles and work as diligently now as they did then

Old 02-18-08   #10
SwampWitch
x

SwampWitch is on a distinguished road
Credits: 5,583
So can I still post pictures like this one, of the Carina Nebula?

Old 02-18-08   #11
sanjay
Dark Prophet
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampWitch View Post
So can I still post pictures like this one, of the Carina Nebula?

sure
Old 02-18-08   #12
Shok
Low-Roller

Shok is on a distinguished road
Credits: 34,525
As an ex-moderator I can honestly say I don't miss dealing directly with internuts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
INGSOC
Old 02-19-08   #13
Nox noctis Umbra
Proud papa

Nox noctis Umbra is on a distinguished road
Credits: 96,032
Now time shall tell if this, what 3rd change, in ownership will prove benefical, or detrimental to the forums
Old 02-19-08   #14
~*Rebeckah*~
M.I.L.F.

Location: In the bottom of a bag of chips, with the crumbs...
~*Rebeckah*~ is on a distinguished road
Credits: 197,027
wh00t! df changes again! haha and GOOD GOD its been for freakin ever since I went to Genmay....wonder what its like now.......
Old 02-19-08   #15
Chaos Creator
Muthafucka

Chaos Creator is on a distinguished road
Credits: 5,190,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
Dear Members,

I am posting to introduce myself and let you know that I have recently purchased this forum from garg. I am building a network of forums called CrowdGather and I am very excited to include DF (DarkForums) in that universe. CrowdGather will seek to provide enhancements to enhance your forum experience. All your moderators will remain if they chose to (I'm hoping they will). I am also in the process of sending out an introductory email to everyone.

For the obligatory A/S/L- I am 38, male (married with 3 kids) and I live in Los Angeles. I recently left an executive position to launch CrowdGather and we are already approaching 20 forums. I am the founding owner of Genmay.com which is a pretty busy big-board, but I really enjoy all of the network forums.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer them!

Sanjay
First off, let me be the first to say that I don't give a fuck if you ban me or not, but here's my two cents (which I've been banned for before).

I think you (Sanjay) and Gargoyle are a bunch of big fat douche bags. At least Sire gave the option to the current members to purchase the site instead of selling out like a ginormous fucking bitch..

Secondly, who the fuck are you (Sanjay) to come in and purchase something which you obviously have no idea or clue about? You're a capitalist fucking pig. All of your posts have been in the admin section of the forum, where nobody except you and the moderators could see. This decision effects all of DF. You think you can conglomerate DF into something that will make you a ton of cash? Fuck you. I think you are a piece of shit, just like the rest of corporate America.

You're a fucking Tom wannabe, but I'm afraid I won't cater to you're fucking uninventive way of "getting rich quick". Fuck you. Garg and Sanjay. Go fuck each other in your capitalist assholes. I'm done.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-19-08   #16
~*Rebeckah*~
M.I.L.F.

Location: In the bottom of a bag of chips, with the crumbs...
~*Rebeckah*~ is on a distinguished road
Credits: 197,027
i love you cc...
Old 02-19-08   #17
StygianEyes
Embracer Of The Dark

StygianEyes
Credits: 16,876
So the new owner introduces himself...then as soon as there is dissent even the slightest observation he goes defensive and attacks hiding under some facade of high and mighty bullshit.

Not the way to get the respect of anyone in here. Great start
Old 02-19-08   #18
Crypt
___

damn, there a name we haven't seen for a while

Old 02-19-08   #19
Manifesto
Biggest Dick Contest Winner
Admin

Manifesto is on a distinguished road
Credits: 95,882
I wonder if we will see the mass exodus that we did when sire took over.....

I dont know how I feel about all this - I wont give my membership up yet, ill see how it plays out for a few weeks.

sanjay - dont fuck this place up, its fucked up enough.

You're my bitch, Bitch. You'll do exactly what I tell you.

<3,

WL
Old 02-19-08   #20
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

thefr0g will become famous soon enough
Credits: 50,470,266
How much did you pay for this shit hole?