Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Welcome > Socialize
Reload this Page Sinisterink

Old 01-28-08   #41
Uncletiggs
DF's Dirty 'ol Man
Admin

Uncletiggs will become famous soon enough
Credits: 218,114
Play Nice Children!!!!!!

Nice guys finish last
It isn't just a saying.. It's a fact of life!

Those things that produced your ex......you know, the bitchmakers! Metagion

If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is it considered rape or shoplifting?

You're not who you are, you're only what other people think you are

Your more Delusional than you think I am! {Duck Dodgers}
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-08   #42
AmbitusFerinus
Face in the Mist

AmbitusFerinus is on a distinguished road
Credits: 2,200
I see the friendly banter has only increased since I last posted here...

I think the concept requires some work, SinisterOne. There are several points, however badly/bluntly made, that need addressing. Being constructive when criticising isn't easy, either.

The Tattoer could really do with a method of inscribing his post-murder text that deosn't rely on him carting corpses around or leading victims to his house. The immediate response I had to that particular notion was "well surely if he's a serial killer, someone would have noticed something strange going on?".
Old 01-28-08   #43
Axantha
peripheral visionary

Axantha is on a distinguished road
Credits: 95,266
What I ment Wicked is that you are aggressively blunt and really don't care if you offend or hurt someone's feelings.

Your over reaction to my comment only reinforces my point

That which does not kill us hurts like hell.
Old 01-28-08   #44
SinisterOne
Face in the Mist

SinisterOne is on a distinguished road
Credits: 2,390
that's okay Axantha I'm a big boy I can handle myself. She has a right to her own opinion like I said it's no sweat off my balls and Wicked Woman, thanks for the Criticism.
Old 01-28-08   #45
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Wicked Lady is on a distinguished road
Credits: 653,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axantha View Post
What I ment Wicked is that you are aggressively blunt and really don't care if you offend or hurt someone's feelings.

Your over reaction to my comment only reinforces my point
Don't provoke me then try to make yourself out to be a victim. I said his idea was stupid; he thanked me for the criticism. Your 2 cents and provocative remarks were not needed. If you want to take me on, start a thread in the bitch board. Until then, leave me alone because I don't know you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-28-08   #46
Axantha
peripheral visionary

Since when is describing how you appear to others an attack?

Get off your high horse. You were not attacked and I have never claimed to be a victim. You are simply doing the same thing you always do and nothing different. You’ve been that way for years and haven’t changed.

Now please get back on the topic of the thread

Old 01-28-08   #47
dk123
Lost Soul

dk123 will become famous soon enoughdk123 will become famous soon enough
Credits: 263,074
I agree with arsinik. What you really want for a story about a serial killer, is an interesting way in which the murders are comitted... how the murderer keeps killing without being caught... the history of WHY the murderer does what he does...how the police searching for him catch him, or don't catch him in the end, or how the murderer gets his own treatment back at him in a most incredible way.

a trademark or "calling card" left by a murderer is a quirk. something fun left by an egotistical character. this shouldn't be the entire story though. the tattoo idea to me has so many flaws. not only the fact that the tattoo would look crap, but it's just... lame. making live art out of a body like Hannibal Lecter does with the guard in Silence of the Lambs, that's cool. But he does it ONCE. which made it a great one off.

you CAN do cool things with these "calling cards" but i am not going to give you any ideas. you gotta come up with those yourself.

if you want to become a top writer, you're going to have to take the bad press alot more than the good. Writing books is a tough thing, and if someone can rip you down, they will. they will. A lot. Dirt is more precious than Diamonds in the journalism industry. And no, you can't use that line. that's mine.
Old 01-29-08   #48
SinisterOne
Face in the Mist

hey thanks for the criticism Tozzy. cool name by the way, it reminds me of Ozzy
Old 01-29-08   #49
AmbitusFerinus
Face in the Mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Lady View Post
Don't provoke me then try to make yourself out to be a victim. I said his idea was stupid; he thanked me for the criticism. Your 2 cents and provocative remarks were not needed. If you want to take me on, start a thread in the bitch board. Until then, leave me alone because I don't know you.
Not to divulge from the threads point, but I dare say Wicked Lady that you don't need to have spoken to one person in particular for them to make a judgement on your behaviour or notice a pattern in the way you frame responses. You've never spoken to me, and no doubt have no idea why the hell some new guy is even addressing you, but that doesn't change the fact that through reading many of your posts you come across as a blunt talker.

I'm not making an attack, merely stating my impression of you based on your posts. There aren't many people who aren't afraid to speak their mind openly, so in that respect you are something special. And I'm not trying to be patronising either, just honest.

Anyway... back to the thread. Although I don't see how it can progress much more, since everything that needs to be said about Sinister's concept has pretty much been done to death by now.
Old 01-29-08   #50
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Wicked Lady is on a distinguished road
Credits: 653,740
If I have to say this one more time, I'm going to explode.

If any of you want to bash me, pass judgement, insult, attack, cyber, or h4x0r me, you can do it somewhere else.

Not
on
this
thread

For fuck's sake.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-29-08   #51
Crypt
___

Crypt is on a distinguished road
Credits: 132,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterOne View Post
I just had a new idea for my next novel. It will be about a psycho who joins a forum, only to be dissed by some people, so he decides to hunt them down one by one and dispose of them. He'd leave a message on their laptop that would read something like this"Roses are wilted all the violets are dead and now that I've found you, I'll lop off your head.lol. So what do you all think?
I should work on you with that book man. Since over the years I have been here people have threatened to come kick my ass and no has yet to show up at my door...It would be interesting to talk to you about this book and to give you some ideas for which you can into it from my twisted and dark mind.

As for the other people in this thread. I am sick and tired of coming in here and reading this or that attack between Wicked Lady, AmbitusFerinus, and Axantha. She has her right to voice her opinion of this mans story as does anyone else. Go look at places like amazon.com or barnesandnoble.com and see what people say about this or that author. You may not like her point of view, but she has every right to say it. Having talked to a couple of authors they often prefer critic over praise since it gives them an idea of where they can work on creating a better story. The personal attacks end here and now. The next person I see attack another in this thread will be warned once, and then banned for a minimum of a week. Regardless of it being anyone, including a moderator. If you think i'm kidding, push me and see...

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person

" It is easier to write words on water then to try to use argument on a christian"
Old 01-29-08   #52
AmbitusFerinus
Face in the Mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypt View Post
As for the other people in this thread. I am sick and tired of coming in here and reading this or that attack between Wicked Lady, AmbitusFerinus, and Axantha. She has her right to voice her opinion etc...
I have apologised to Wicked Lady via PM since I seem to have given the wrong impression. I won't post again on this matter in this thread.*

Speaking of which...

I agree with many of the comments in this thread, that some parts of the storyline for SinisterOne's concept do seem to have been thought out correctly. I kind of like the concept of a deranged forum stalker though. I think there might be too much emphasis on the killer(s) having a signature to mark their victims death though. Sometimes a death is enough of a signature, and if the forum idea were played out, it would become obvious that the people being killed had a link...

Last edited by AmbitusFerinus; 01-29-08 at 12:09. Reason: I can't write things down properly.
Old 01-29-08   #53
Crypt
___

personally i wouldn't put it in my signature who or how many I had killed to try and keep myself as private as possible. I would probably make sure to kill the person in their house where they have a computer with the access to the forum. Have the person log onto the forum and post that they were being killed... After a few times of that happening the joke would wear off and people would probably start taking it seriously especially if the administrators directly looked into it to either refute or acknowledge that the deaths have taken place. the problem would be in keeping yourself hidden when the police started to look into it. it would become a federal crime or international crime saying people from more then one state or more then one country were being killed. the biggest problem then is how to cover your tracks as being the one to travel from place to place since the police would start first into looking at the abused individual on the forum. In there lies one problem, the other problem would be how a poster was able to get each persons full name, address and such of a website.

well there goes the plot of the story. lmao

" It is easier to write words on water then to try to use argument on a christian"
Old 01-29-08   #54
AmbitusFerinus
Face in the Mist

I was going to say that the other forum members wouldn't know where each other lived... but if that was the case how would the killer find them?

And if the killer could find them, the other forum members could and as such would be able to check up on each other and inform the police.

Yeah... I think the plot just took a lengthy hike off a short pier. Lol.
Old 01-29-08   #55
Crypt
___

i will agree with you to an extent. I have had thoughts around the plot we have just talked about and think it is still possible to do. Also with the originators request we could always remove this thread or certain posts to hide it from public view. By the time the book got released most people would forget about this discussion and probably not even read the book. I still think the project has merit, it would just take a good mind to overcome with the difficulties that we have talked about. Anything is possible and we would have to wait and see

Just for the authors knowledge I have not read anything so far you have written and do not plan to until you have posted that it is completed and fully published. At that point I will look into it more since the story does sound intriguing. So keep us informed....

Old 01-29-08   #56
Axantha
peripheral visionary

it wouldn't be that hard to track via IP address, which most MOD's can access. You find the IP, you get the service provider. From there, you can get the information via their database.

Or you can also access their computer and pull personnal information. Hackers do it all the time.

Old 01-29-08   #57
Zelos
lo ucciderò con fuoco

Zelos is on a distinguished road
Credits: 12,583
After watching "Untraceable" I now think that is a good idea.

Someone going through forums until they meet someone they dont like... then the fun starts.
Old 01-29-08   #58
Axantha
peripheral visionary

I'm going to watch that one and see what I can pick apart from a technical stand point. I won't be able to resist. It's in my nature.

Old 01-29-08   #59
SinisterOne
Face in the Mist

Now your talking Cryptet with me on that cocept, I'm very serios about writing it, but you're right we would have to work out those details, but we know that the devil's in the details
Old 01-29-08   #60
SinisterOne
Face in the Mist

Hey I'd be interested in any ideas if anyone has anything please email me. I think this story could work