Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Mayhem
Reload this Page you gotta be kidding me

Old 01-04-07   #1
theburningbush
Darkness Incarnate

theburningbush is on a distinguished road
Credits: 33,266
you gotta be kidding me

WHAT DOES NAAFA DO?
The purpose of NAAFA is to:
Work towards providing equal opportunity for fat people wherever obstacles and/or discrimination exist.
Disseminate information about the sociological, psychological, legal, medical, and physiological aspects of being fat.
Advocate and sponsor responsible research about the various aspects of being fat.
Empower the large number of people regarded by the medical profession as "obese" to accept themselves, to live more fulfilling lives, and to promote acceptance of fat people within society.
Serve as a forum where issues affecting fat people can be discussed in an unbiased setting.

honestly do we need an orginazation for this. Helping fat people deal with losing wait sure iam all for that but antidiscrimination?

Last edited by theburningbush; 01-04-07 at 21:50.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-07   #2
Iron's Rite
United States of Moronica

Location: "The forest folded it's branches around me, something passed by and I went into a dream." -Opeth
Iron's Rite is on a distinguished road
Credits: 253,465
Hey! Welcome to the Modern World!
[hildegard von bingen - ordo virtutum]
Old 01-05-07   #3
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Wicked Lady is on a distinguished road
Credits: 653,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by theburningbush View Post
WHAT DOES NAAFA DO?
The purpose of NAAFA is to:
Work towards providing equal opportunity for fat people wherever obstacles and/or discrimination exist.
Disseminate information about the sociological, psychological, legal, medical, and physiological aspects of being fat.
Advocate and sponsor responsible research about the various aspects of being fat.
Empower the large number of people regarded by the medical profession as "obese" to accept themselves, to live more fulfilling lives, and to promote acceptance of fat people within society.
Serve as a forum where issues affecting fat people can be discussed in an unbiased setting.

honestly do we need an orginazation for this. Helping fat people deal with losing wait sure iam all for that but antidiscrimination?

That's ridiculous. Accept themselves and be accepted by society? Being fat isn't like being retarded or black. In most cases it's something you CHOOSE to be. In the modern era of healthy foods, free weight loss clinics, gyms... what possible excuse can someone have for being unhealthily overweight? It's not that I hate fat people or think they should die; it's just that it's not good for you.

It's like that girl that posted the "Big, Bold, and Beautiful" thread. When you are obese to the point where it affects your health, you don't have jack shit to be proud of.

YAY. I'VE GOT FLESH EATING BACTERIA AND I'M PROUD!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-05-07   #4
theburningbush
Darkness Incarnate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron's Rite View Post
Hey! Welcome to the Modern World!
grow a pair and offer an actual opinion
Old 01-05-07   #5
Spikess
Spikes Personal Stalker

Spikess is on a distinguished road
Credits: 5,982
i'm a big girl, but even i think thats nuts. if you get so big to the stage where you can barely walk and can't get a job, get off your fat ass and lose the the weight, less theres a medical reason theres no excuse.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-05-07   #6
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Quote:
grow a pair and offer an actual opinion
He can't because he's fat.

Old 01-05-07   #7
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikess View Post
i'm a big girl, but even i think thats nuts. if you get so big to the stage where you can barely walk and can't get a job, get off your fat ass and lose the the weight, less theres a medical reason theres no excuse.
You're not morbidly obese, though. Or obese to the point where it interferes with every day life.

Besides, I <3 you, you filthy Scot.

Old 01-05-07   #8
Iron's Rite

Location: "The forest folded it's branches around me, something passed by and I went into a dream." -Opeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Lady View Post
He can't because he's fat.
My point stands as I am amazed that he is surprised by this, considering how long Fat-acceptance groups have been around I don't see how he can be so surprised to have heard of them. Furthermore, I actually agree with the assesement that it's not okay to be morbidly obese; however, both sides have their legitimate points and their faults: While those who are morbidly obese should not be coddled, I don't understand how not accepting and scourging them is going to help either. That just makes them withdraw and eat more, considering how long that attitude towards obesity has been around I think that it's pretty well proven that that won't work.
While I will admit that I am fat, I am not morbidly obese and I actually put in a good effort to live a healthy life-style. Not that you care: afterall, your feelings against me are based on generalizations and willful misconceptions.
Old 01-05-07   #9
Spikess
Spikes Personal Stalker

Spikess is on a distinguished road
Credits: 5,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Lady View Post
You're not morbidly obese, though. Or obese to the point where it interferes with every day life.

Besides, I <3 you, you filthy Scot.
filthy!? i'll have you know i bathed on new years

Old 01-05-07   #10
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Quote:
Not that you care: afterall, your feelings against me are based on generalizations and willful misconceptions.
As opposed to using a genetic, long-term illness as ammunition.

My apologies for not following your obviously moral line of thinking.

Old 01-05-07   #11
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikess View Post
filthy!? i'll have you know i bathed on new years
:O Then you don't stink yet!!!!!!!!! <3 <3

Old 01-05-07   #12
Iron's Rite

I stated it before and I will state it again: You are in fact biased against me and you were before we even got into this little spat. For once, I just decided to let it all go and throw out what I thought would be the most offensive thing I could use.
Old 01-05-07   #13
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

While at the same time accusing me of the very same thing you were doing. Real effective argument, fattie. Why don't you go eat some orphan children while you're at it.

Old 01-05-07   #14
Iron's Rite

As I recall, this entire fight started when I made a thread in serious discussions that you didn't agree with, however, rather then try to debate the points of the argument: You resorted to repeated ad-hominem attacks and meaningless posts until I decided to warn you and the others who were trolling in that thread. You threw a little hissy fit, stateing that this proved that I was biased against you, when I had in fact agonized over the decision. Knowing how sensitive you actually are, I was certain that it would piss you off. Since then you have repeatedly shown your bias. You go out of your way to assume the most negative implications in any statement I make about you. Futhermore, It's obvious that Billy and I have quite the flame-fest going, however, you always find it necessary to jump into this flame-war. Even though I have never targeted you specifically, you can't help but take it personally for whatever reasons you have. If you are so determined to see me as your nemesis . . . Oh well . . .
Old 01-05-07   #15
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Billy the Kidd will become famous soon enough
Credits: 418,193
lol, nemesis... you really are a D&D charter NAAFA member arent you?
Old 01-05-07   #16
Iron's Rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy the Kidd View Post
lol, nemesis... you really are a D&D charter NAAFA member arent you?
Oh yeah, sorry for using big words: Gamer Fag, go play some more X-Box.
Old 01-05-07   #17
theburningbush
Darkness Incarnate

Quote:
My point stands as I am amazed that he is surprised by this, considering how long Fat-acceptance groups have been around I don't see how he can be so surprised to have heard of them. Furthermore, I actually agree with the assesement that it's not okay to be morbidly obese; however, both sides have their legitimate points and their faults: While those who are morbidly obese should not be coddled, I don't understand how not accepting and scourging them is going to help either. That just makes them withdraw and eat more, considering how long that attitude towards obesity has been around I think that it's pretty well proven that that won't work.
While I will admit that I am fat, I am not morbidly obese and I actually put in a good effort to live a healthy life-style. Not that you care: afterall, your feelings against me are based on generalizations and willful misconceptions.
Iam not suprised at all. Let me ask do you think it is better to scourg a racist or accept that that is the way they are. I would also prefer that you answer my questions/challenges directly I have always had the courtsey to do the same.
Old 01-05-07   #18
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Billy the Kidd will become famous soon enough
Credits: 418,193
Did you call me a gamer fag, D&D boy? And nemesis isnt a big word, its actually a pretty dull and common word from gaming history which may be why D&D faggots like yourself use them in your usual verbage after playing through the Bethuvian Demon Whores pleasure prison one time too many.
Old 01-05-07   #19
Iron's Rite

Quote:
Iam not suprised at all. Let me ask do you think it is better to scourg a racist or accept that that is the way they are. I would also prefer that you answer my questions/challenges directly I have always had the courtsey to do the same.
Well, in my experience I have a friend who is morbidly obese, however, another friend of mine has been consistently motivating him to improve his life. First by pushing him to get his GED after he dropped out of highschool, learning how to drive, getting a job; even going so far as having him get a Gym membership downtown. Obviously, all of this couldn't have been achieved if he had been coddled: What makes it work is his respect for and willingness to listen to this person. He has been through the opposite end of the spectrum as well, feeling marginalized for his weight and that is still one of his biggest obstacles; he is aware of the contempt others may feel towards him for his weight, yet at the same time he clings to that status as it enables him to maintain a position where he doesn't have to exert himself and face the possibility of failure.
The bottom line: Contempt only breeds further contempt and greater isolation.
Old 01-05-07   #20
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Heh. I wish I had a dollar for every time he used the word "ad-hominem". He never does get any less douchy.