Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Darkforum Support Forums > Support Forum
Reload this Page MP3's missing
Closed Thread

Old 12-18-06   #1
Crypt
___

Crypt is on a distinguished road
Credits: 132,985
MP3's missing

Ok, I don't seem to be the only perosn who is having this problems and I haven't been able to find a reason for this happeening. Sapphire has reported that MP3's have gone missing off our drive under WindowsXP Pro. I have moved both of our folders over to another computer and we no longer seem to be losing any MP3's. I was asked what would cause this by another friend and have been able to come up with no answer. Does anyone have an idea, or at least lead me into a direction where I may start to look. Before soemone says it is the drive that is failing, it is only MP3's that have gone missing and everything else on the system seems to be in good working order. Though to cover myself I will be downloading a copy of Spinrite over the next week and test out all my drives. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person

" It is easier to write words on water then to try to use argument on a christian"
is Offline  
Old 12-18-06   #2
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Dyshade will become famous soon enoughDyshade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,453
Have you run a Virus check?? Possible someone has accessed your computer and taken them.

Very strange. I am unfamiliar with Pro. I heard many bad things about it from a friend who uses it to run his server and he recomended against me buying it so I went with XP instead. Wierd stuff like what happened to you. But nothing quite so wierd as missing files.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.O.D.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

is Offline  
Old 12-18-06   #3
Crypt
___

no one can access my computer bro. at the time this was happenign my entire system was double firewalled. There were no virus's on it. Lastly, I wouldn't run windows anything for a server, your just asking for trouble. I have been running XP pro since well before it got released publicly and really had no major issues with it till I built my new system. They have been fixed so far, but well this one.

" It is easier to write words on water then to try to use argument on a christian"
is Offline  
Old 12-18-06   #4
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

His once kept going back to random restore points for no reason at all amongst a few other quirks

S.O.D.

is Offline  
Old 12-18-06   #5
Crypt
___

hmm, i don't use system restore so I doubt that would ever cause me problems. Again, why would your buddy use Windows Xp to run a server when you can use other software form microsoft that would do a better job, or a better open source OS that is more stable and a lot better the use then anything microsoft has ever bloody released.

is Offline  
Old 12-18-06   #6
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

He uses something completely different now lol... I am not sure what... have not seen him for awhile But I know it was not windows.

S.O.D.

is Offline  
Old 12-18-06   #7
Uncletiggs
DF's Dirty 'ol Man
Admin

Uncletiggs will become famous soon enough
Credits: 218,114
LOL might be a new trojan.. Half of my nero dissapeared off my HD this week..

Maybe it has something to do with that prob Sicsicsic had.. And the popup that garg couldn't stop for a day.. Damn Sheets

Nice guys finish last
It isn't just a saying.. It's a fact of life!

Those things that produced your ex......you know, the bitchmakers! Metagion

If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is it considered rape or shoplifting?

You're not who you are, you're only what other people think you are

Your more Delusional than you think I am! {Duck Dodgers}
is Offline  
Old 12-19-06   #8
masochist
Still Hungry

masochist is on a distinguished road
Credits: 195,480
A little while ago, every time I tried to play a song off itunes, an error came up with "original file could not be found". I looked in where they should be but ALL of my music folders were empty. Then I had a look at the free space on my drive and over 10GB of space had suddenly freed up. So it wasn't in my trash or anything because that doesn't free up space.

Nuisance. But hey, it's just music.
Old 12-19-06   #9
Nox noctis Umbra
Proud papa

Nox noctis Umbra is on a distinguished road
Credits: 96,032
Maybe its a long shot, but it could have something to do with DRM. With MS doing a big push with it on Vista, they might also be doing so with it on XP, through a fucked up security update. Wouldn't be the first time windows has made something worse through a so-called "fix"
is Offline  
Old 12-19-06   #10
Shok
Low-Roller

Shok is on a distinguished road
Credits: 34,525
Yeah, I'd say it's DRM, something simular happened on my playstation. I know the files were there, after about a week, they wern't.
They other thing could be ipod. If you have one of these retarded devices, they too can delete files when you think you've only moved them.
Solution, don't use ipods. But seriously, you'll need to find a decent undelete program and see if you can recover them that way. I used tuneup utilities with some success.
is Offline  
Old 12-19-06   #11
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Yeah Ipod upon further reflection sucks. I will be selling both of my little 4giggers. I have obtained 2 30 gig brand new Microsoft Zunes which whup ass over ipods

S.O.D.

is Offline  
Old 12-19-06   #12
Crypt
___

i doubt is DRM related on this one, as for your ipod Dy. i'd take one, but i would think you'd be asking more then i'd be willing to spend

is Offline  
Old 12-19-06   #13
Uncletiggs
DF's Dirty 'ol Man
Admin

Uncletiggs will become famous soon enough
Credits: 218,114
Heh, Maybe he'll give me one for Christmas.. Unless i'm getting the camera...

Nice guys finish last
It isn't just a saying.. It's a fact of life!

Those things that produced your ex......you know, the bitchmakers! Metagion

If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is it considered rape or shoplifting?

You're not who you are, you're only what other people think you are

Your more Delusional than you think I am! {Duck Dodgers}
is Offline  
Old 12-20-06   #14
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

I have one of the old old rounded Ipod minis from 3 years ago and one of the new ipod minis from last year. Both are 4 gigs. Not bad machines at all but the zune has made me a believer.

Tiggs..... what camera???? lol

S.O.D.

is Offline  
Old 12-20-06   #15
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Although I do have a spare digital cam lying around if you want it

S.O.D.

is Offline  
Old 12-20-06   #16
Crypt
___

Bro, I'd rather suppost Apple then Microsoft. At the moment we have Mpio 512mb Mp3 playerand the battery doesn't last long at all though it says up to 8 hours of play, and we have a Samsung 1gb mp3 player that I really have yet to use. Curious, how much you looking to get for either Ipod?

is Offline  
Old 12-20-06   #17
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Probably about 100$ or less for the older one. It is light blue hehe And a little over 100$ for the Black new one. Yeah I was a little reticent about the Zune until I saw a vid on one. It has widescreen capabilities and looks very sharp

S.O.D.

is Offline  
Old 12-20-06   #18
Crypt
___

we should talk about this bro. i'd rather the black one. The issue would would be paying you at the moment.

is Offline  
Old 12-20-06   #19
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

I would have to find everything. I have all the original packaging and the software discs I will hold onto it for you no problems. I really had no plans on listing them yet or anything

I think I have a clear case cover as well. The Zune just keeps amazing me lol. I was dinking around with the wireless. It located my wifes Zune across our condo

S.O.D.

is Offline  
Old 12-20-06   #20
Crypt
___

well do me the favor of PMing the exact amount for the black one so I have an idea of how much to get together, with the exchange rate. Also then we would have to discuss shipping.

Unless I get a stolen Zune i will never get one. I refuse to support microsoft in any way shape or form. Would be the same with me getting a 360. If i knew someone that was selling hot ones I would go that way over goign to a store and giving the microsoft crooks and idiots more money

is Offline  
Closed Thread