Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Welcome > Socialize
Reload this Page Fitness

Old 07-22-07   #81
~G~
Cosmic Fire Dancer.

~G~ is on a distinguished road
Credits: 93,948
Quote:
"all...you want"- that's dangerous. I get your meaning though.
I misspoke that. What I meant was that don't cut carbs out completely or your body will hate you. It just depends on what kind, in which case yes, the white stuff is mostly the bad guy.

Quote:
Speaking of whole grain, have you noticed manufacturers have begun featuring "X grams of whole grains in every serving"; when you look at the nutrition information label though, you find there are only 1 or 2 grams of fiber? Tricky.
...which is why I don't like to eat tremendous amounts of overly processed crap. Ah, now there the mystery is solved as to why I'm so picky! lol

Quote:
RE the PM, ~G~: is food combination like eating an apple after a fatty meal to absorb some of the fat. An athlete friend of mine does that.
Not quite...it's quite extensive in some cases in certain ethnic diets and some forms of vegetarianism, but it makes a lot of sense. Here it is in a nutshell...[this is actually from a site on detoxing, but it gives a good overview]: Food Combining

It sounds like a pain in the butt, though I can't begin tell you what it's helped me to do with myself healthwise. It's amazing what a little effort can give back to you.
Old 08-02-07   #82
Doktor Demo
King of The Anti-Smile

Doktor Demo
Credits: 16,962
Pure and simple, a healthy diet doesn't mean shit without proper exercise. It's always good to alternate your workout regimen. Muscles and resistance one day, cario and respiratory the next. Too much of one or the other will limit your endurance and stamina during workouts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near."-- Jim Morrison
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-07   #83
~G~
Cosmic Fire Dancer.

Yes, it's very important to have a balance.
Old 08-13-07   #84
DarkSoul
CUNT

DarkSoul is on a distinguished road
Credits: 18,896
I don't eat very healthy but i am constantly on the move like diving, spearfishing, watersking, practising my motocross, jogging among other things... so i stay in a fairly fit state

The dead travel quickly.....

I wish my grass was an Emo, then it would cut itself.
Old 08-22-07   #85
InKY
SchmInKY

InKY is on a distinguished road
Credits: 34,122
Since it's been so hot here, I've begun using the exercise bike my company provided. While not a full workout, it's nice to take a 20 minute or so workout in the middle of the day to read a book while getting some physical exercise- my body AND my brain get to switch gears.

The drawback is I sweat through my button-up shirt and get it wrinkly at the elbows. I'd like to see my co-workers' faces if I stripped to my exercise bra! But if you provide exercise equpiment in the office, what do you expect?
Old 08-23-07   #86
~G~
Cosmic Fire Dancer.

Why not bring an extra tee then?
Old 08-24-07   #87
DeeeeShevil
Real Deshy

DeeeeShevil is on a distinguished road
Credits: 67,924
Where I used to work, I would walk/run during my lunch break. I just brought my exercise clothes with me and changed when I had to go back on duty. I'd just change from one to the other, also packed toothbrush, toothpaste, brush, sunscreen, deodorant, etc.
Old 08-25-07   #88
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Wicked Lady is on a distinguished road
Credits: 653,740
Aside from yoga, I do little things to keep active. Like parking on the far end of the lot at home or at work so I walk a little further to the door. Even putting a little extra elbow grease into cleaning the bathroom goes a long way. If you're not physically capable of hard exercise for whatever reason, these easy things can help a lot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-25-07   #89
~G~
Cosmic Fire Dancer.

I pretty much add in the same stuff Wicked Lady just mentioned, like parking far from the door or walking to the mailbox to drop off a letter rather than driving to the post office. For a while I was even biking to work (I'm close enough) though lately it's been too gawd-awful humid and disgusting here to do that. I believe it's true that these small choices are cumulative and make a difference.
Old 08-26-07   #90
InKY
SchmInKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~G~ View Post
Why not bring an extra tee then?
I prefer to complain =-). Really, I'm avoiding making a production out of it. If I wanted to change clothes, re-apply deodorant, & brush my teeth [What does that have to with exercising, Deeshevil?], I'd join a gym. Except for days when I've got to go on to work in the evenings, I don't mind appearing rumpled during the second half of the day.

I agree with those of you who make little changes to increase physical exertion. I make several trips up an down the stairs instead of taking up everything in one big armload.
Old 08-27-07   #91
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Brushing teeth has plenty to do with it. If you exercise, you should be breathing harder. Depending on what you inhale from the air around you, you're often left with an icky taste in your mouth. That and oral hygiene is your friend.

Old 08-27-07   #92
darkblue
Banned from DF

darkblue is on a distinguished road
Credits: 2,538
I go through periods of exercise followed by periods of relative inactivity. Currently I'm in a period of exercise trying to look good (well good enough) for my wedding. I try to do 30 mins on the exercise bike 4 times a week, some free weights and sit ups. If the weather is nice I'll walk during my lunch break. It's kept me alive so far.
Old 08-27-07   #93
InKY
SchmInKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Lady View Post
Brushing teeth has plenty to do with it. If you exercise, you should be breathing harder. Depending on what you inhale from the air around you, you're often left with an icky taste in your mouth. That and oral hygiene is your friend.
So, everyone, adjust your route AWAY from water treatent plants, paper mills, breweries and landfills, and, joggers, keep your mouths closed as much as possible to avoid having to clean bugs off your grille.

Good luck on reaching your "wedding weight", darkblue. But, hey, the guy or gal fell in love with you looking the way you do now, so don't make yourself crazy.
Old 08-27-07   #94
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

He's marrying me, actually. And yes, he's fine the way he is.

Old 08-28-07   #95
InKY
SchmInKY

Oh, db's the kitten guy. No wonder you're into brushing, with all those kitty kisses going on. I could also come up with a bad English teeth joke here, but it's a fitness thread.

Speaking of fitness, I've begun eating lunch WHILE pedaling on the exercise bike at work. By the time I finish I've burned off more than the number of calories in my diet frozen entree.
Old 08-29-07   #96
Harshmellow
New Blood

Harshmellow has disabled reputation
Credits: 1,312
Strange Harshmellow

Ewww .. Fitness ? That's -10 goth points for giving into the modern day bias of a slim/toned body being a desirable, personal aesthetic .. shame, shame.

Just kidding.

I'm at the gym 5 days a week, on a split routine. Currently in a period of "dirty" bulking, where calorie counting and most other nutritional burdens are disregarded for eating above maintenance.

Coupled with creatine, I've added a good 11lbs to my once very skinny frame.

Right now, I'm 6'0, 170lbs.

By 2008, I want to be 180lbs, and add another 1.5" to my arms, with proportionate improvements all around.

My long-term goal is 200lbs. Which by then, I'll be a beast.

Despite this strength, and knowledge gained, I've paid a heavy toll;
Never should have traded power, for my own immortal soul.
Old 08-30-07   #97
InKY
SchmInKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshmellow View Post
Ewww .. Fitness ? That's -10 goth points for giving into the modern day bias of a slim/toned body being a desirable, personal aesthetic .. shame, shame.
Your avatar looks pretty beefy, Mr. Goth Points. ;-)

I didn't know one could earn GP's for becoming pudgy. Or maybe it's not caring about becoming pudgy?

Anyway, how much time do you spend working out, and why do you want to become more muscular?
Old 08-31-07   #98
~G~
Cosmic Fire Dancer.

Something about that photo reminds me of Doyle von Frankenstein (not that that's a bad thing, mind you ).