Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Welcome > Socialize
Reload this Page Fitness

Old 12-27-06   #21
Doktor Demo
King of The Anti-Smile

Doktor Demo
Credits: 16,962
Judo, weight lifting, and a high protein diet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near."-- Jim Morrison
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-07   #22
InKY
SchmInKY

InKY is on a distinguished road
Credits: 34,122
I'm back in my super-skinny pants.

I've found out that chewing a piece of caffeine gum after warming up helps me work out longer. Anyone tried caffeine gum? I think it's new.
Old 02-02-07   #23
labcoatcheng
Face in the Mist

labcoatcheng is on a distinguished road
Credits: 1,361
cigarettes to stay thin. sex for exercise. hard alcohol for nutrition.
Old 02-02-07   #24
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Wicked Lady is on a distinguished road
Credits: 653,680
Lung cancer, herpes, cirrhosis.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-02-07   #25
labcoatcheng
Face in the Mist

labcoatcheng is on a distinguished road
Credits: 1,361
the sooner the better
Old 02-03-07   #26
Uncletiggs
DF's Dirty 'ol Man
Admin

Uncletiggs will become famous soon enough
Credits: 218,114
Hmm, i walk to and from work everyday. I am constantly moving at work. And have you ever watched you meats and cheeses get sliced at the store? Those things aren't freerolling!! They need to be pushed and pulled..
The only problem is that they are all RIGHT handed machines.. So my right arm is about 40% stronger than my left.. To balance, i try to grab and lift everything with my left arm..

Nice guys finish last
It isn't just a saying.. It's a fact of life!

Those things that produced your ex......you know, the bitchmakers! Metagion

If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is it considered rape or shoplifting?

You're not who you are, you're only what other people think you are

Your more Delusional than you think I am! {Duck Dodgers}
Old 02-03-07   #27
InKY
SchmInKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncletiggs View Post
The only problem is that they are all RIGHT handed machines.. So my right arm is about 40% stronger than my left.. To balance, i try to grab and lift everything with my left arm..
=-D That's the kind of thinking I thought only women practiced!

B/c my desk at work is so narrow, my computer screen must sit to one side of my keyboard, causing my head to be turned to the left most of the time. I make a point of turning my head to the right during other tasks, so my head doesn't sit crookedly.
Old 02-04-07   #28
darklingmiss
Face in the Mist

darklingmiss is on a distinguished road
Credits: 2,863
I take care of my two nephews fulltime, which is a workout in itself. I'm also a fan of the DDR, still working on standard level, but hey, progress is progress. I'm into doing free weights, yoga, calisthenics, anything that I can do at home. When it warms up again, I like to walk or jog around the neighborhood or the nearby park.

I still smoke, which gives me something to do besides munch to satisfy my oral fixation. And I've taken steps to eat less at any particular time, like half of a plate at a restaurant and eating from salad plates and smaller bowls. If I do that and eat 4 meals a day, I feel more satisfied and don't get hungry. Every couple of days or so I eat a full meal, but not after 8pm. I also cut out dairy, b/c I learned recently that I'm lactose intolerant. Can't digest it right, so it can cause bloating and upset stomach.

In the past 3 weeks I've lost 4 pounds, so I'm cool with it. I've got about 100 that I want to lose, and it doesn't come quickly, just like it didn't get there quickly. But it's really helped me to have that surge of energy and vitality now than simply shoot for a number on a scale.
Old 02-04-07   #29
InKY
SchmInKY

I've been working on the last five (OK, ten) pounds ever since I can remember, and it's just been since Christmas week after some occupational changes and discovering a new source of motivation that I've really lived like a healthy person.

You're right, you really can't think about the pounds (unless you're a slacker), just enjoying the improved quality of life that healthy changes bring.

I had to break my routine to attend a trade show for work, and, boy, did I feel disgustingly fat after I got back. You know how they say anorexics see fat that isn't there? I was seeing extra bags & layers that couldn't really have developed in three days until I had a couple of workouts and got my endorphins up again.
Old 02-04-07   #30
Synikul
fucking jackass

Synikul is on a distinguished road
Credits: 117,776
I'm healthy in spite of myself. I eat greasy, fatty foods, and snacks, and I'm a functional alcoholic. I'm 6'1", and my weight stays between 200-220 lbs., it's dropping at the moment, a little below 210, because I haven't been eating breakfast regularly since December. I don't do any exercise intentionally, and I'd rather jam a screwdriver into my eyeballs than start that. I'm on my feet for 8 hours a day at work, and during spring, summer, and autumn I go to ren fairs almost every weekend where I walk at least five miles a day, while drinking heavily, mostly rum and beer.
Old 02-05-07   #31
darklingmiss
Face in the Mist

Walking is probably the best exercise there is. You get moving, get fresh air. Plus if you're doing something you enjoy, it never feels like exercise.

I just wish that people who like to put themselves or others down for their size would realize that no amount of bitterness has ever motivated anyone to permanent weight loss or healthy habits. If you don't do it out of love for yourself, you're never really solving the actual problem.
Old 02-06-07   #32
InKY
SchmInKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synikul View Post
I'm healthy in spite of myself. I eat greasy, fatty foods, and snacks, and I'm a functional alcoholic. I'm 6'1", and my weight stays between 200-220 lbs., it's dropping at the moment, a little below 210, because I haven't been eating breakfast regularly since December. I don't do any exercise intentionally, and I'd rather jam a screwdriver into my eyeballs than start that. I'm on my feet for 8 hours a day at work, and during spring, summer, and autumn I go to ren fairs almost every weekend where I walk at least five miles a day, while drinking heavily, mostly rum and beer.
I hate your genes.
Old 03-03-07   #33
InKY
SchmInKY

We've had a "wellness" kickoff at work. We've received pedometers gauged for our individual strides, and we're supposed to work up to taking 10,000 steps per day, which is a government guideline for maintining your weight. I'm only doing about 7,500.

Anyone else heard of "10K a Day"?
Old 03-03-07   #34
darkblue
Banned from DF

darkblue is on a distinguished road
Credits: 2,538
I get out of bed in the morning and shout at the tv when the football's on. I smoke to supress my appetite and I swapped drinking beer to drinking vodka because I think it has less calories. Meh, seems to work for me.
Old 03-06-07   #35
InKY
SchmInKY

Well, at least your rotted-toothed jaundiced corpse will be skinny.

I seriously worry about dying suddenly and having paramedics see my less-than perfect body naked.
Old 03-07-07   #36
darklingmiss
Face in the Mist

I would think if I were to die suddenly, the appearance of my physical body would be the least of my concerns.
Old 03-13-07   #37
InKY
SchmInKY

I've made some changes, and I'm making my 10,000 daily steps most days now. I looked at several websites to see how many calories all those steps were burning, and I found it was NOT A FREAKIN' LOT! Only about 200 calories per HOUR, and an hour is a long time after a full work day.

Fortunately that realization kicked in my desire for the anaerobic exercises again. I'm back to lifting weights and seeing how far/high I can jump (I have to watch the ceiling fan).
Old 03-13-07   #38
darklingmiss
Face in the Mist

I'm doing more yoga lately, which is really good because it balances out my body. My upper body can support me completely, and I do shoulder stands regularly, which does wonders for circulation and your spine, assuming that you don't crash to the floor.

Kudos for doing research on your calories. It does seem like a lot to make a small difference, but over the course of say, a year, it really adds up to dramatic changes. And if it is virtually unnoticed, all the better. Nobody ever stressed themselves to a healthy and manageable weight.
Old 03-16-07   #39
InKY
SchmInKY

Good for you with the upper body strength. I find that very difficult to build. Careful with twisting your neck on those shoulder stands.
Old 03-16-07   #40
Kendra
Darkness Incarnate

Kendra will become famous soon enough
Credits: 661,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchGothDiva View Post
Nothing ! I'm not really fit . . . I hate working out !
But I do walk all day at work , so that's little bit of excercise .

*giggles*

i'm basically the same way myself.... i'm just glad i'm not the only one.