Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Welcome > Socialize
Reload this Page Try to imagine a new way of living...
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-06   #1
turak
Guest
 
turak's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Try to imagine a new way of living...

For instance: try this on for size:

What if there was no selling, and no buying?

What if nobody sold you anything, and nobody bought anything?

What if there were no buyers or sellers? Just people who live.

What kind of life would that be?

Would a life without buying or selling be better or worse than the onew you have now?

See if you can imagine your life without these two things.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-06   #2
apostate87
kinda a douche
 
apostate87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: just south of the middle of nowhere
Posts: 785
apostate87 is on a distinguished road
Credits: 34,636
well, assuming it's just me that's not buying and selling, i would die pretty soon from starvation.

if everybody else stops buying and selling, in the sense of exchanging currency for goods and services, we'd revert to the less-efficient barter system.

if we all stopped trading things at all, we'd either all have to be self sufficient, revert to an animal state in which the strong survive by taking what they need from the weak, or we'd all die from malnutrition, lack of clothing or shelter.

in conclusion, i think i'll stick with things as they are. i don't think money is the root of all evil, i think greed is.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-06   #3
turak
Guest
 
turak's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by apostate87 View Post
well, assuming it's just me that's not buying and selling, i would die pretty soon from starvation.

if everybody else stops buying and selling, in the sense of exchanging currency for goods and services, we'd revert to the less-efficient barter system.

if we all stopped trading things at all, we'd either all have to be self sufficient, revert to an animal state in which the strong survive by taking what they need from the weak, or we'd all die from malnutrition, lack of clothing or shelter.

in conclusion, i think i'll stick with things as they are. i don't think money is the root of all evil, i think greed is.
You are correct: money is a symptom of greed.

So?

What if people are not greedy? what if people like helping each other instead of taking from each other? The entire culture of money is based up[on the assumption of: 'ME FIRST. FUCK EVERYONE ELSE.'

What if everybody put themselves last? what if people found out how much happier they are when they help instead br greedy and take? What if people start enjoying the pleasure of generosity instead of the unhappiness of selfishness?

You only want to live in a world of greedy selfish people? That is very short sighted. Would you rather live in a world where everyone is generous and giving? No?

Every selfish ass I have ever met believes that everybody is only out for themselves.

That is a bunch of bullshit.

That is the excuse all selfish people use.

Greed is not human nature. greed has to be taught.

Generosity also has to be taught.

It is merely a matter of teaching and learning.

It is merely a matter of learning how to live without everyboby FORCED to be greedy.

Buying and selling FORCES you to be greedy and selfish.

If there is no buying or selling... then you would be FORCED to learn another way to live. You would be FORCED to learn how to cooperate with other people... and you might find out much to your surprise... that it is a much better way to live.

I am merely showing examples of how human culture can be changed.

You can create your own culture. You do not have to conform to the culture of greed, or the culture of buying and selling.

All you need to do is have enough people to agree on deleting this one thing from their life... and you will be amazed how fast and how quickly your culture changes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-06   #4
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide
 
Wicked Lady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Djibouti
Posts: 19,273
Wicked Lady is on a distinguished road
Credits: 653,418
Fuck that. I like having money. And I don't care about the people that don't.

LONG LIVE CAPITALISM!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-06   #5
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin
 
Billy the Kidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Progressive HELL!!!
Posts: 19,435
Billy the Kidd will become famous soon enough
Credits: 418,193
what is it with you and this stupid fucking question? THe only people who hate money are the people too poor and too fucking stupid to figure out how to make enough of it to be comfortable. SO crawl back into your box you fucking hobo.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-06   #6
turak
Guest
 
turak's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Lady View Post
Fuck that. I like having money. And I don't care about the people that don't.

LONG LIVE CAPITALISM!
Idiots like you are a dime a dozen.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-06   #7
turak
Guest
 
turak's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy the Kidd View Post
what is it with you and this stupid fucking question? THe only people who hate money are the people too poor and too fucking stupid to figure out how to make enough of it to be comfortable. SO crawl back into your box you fucking hobo.
In case you do not know: you monocultural ignorant ass: there are billions of people who do not have the PRIVILEGE of getting a good paying job. They live in AFRICA, in ASIA, in INDIA, in SOUTH AMERICA. Because high paying jobs only exist as a SMALL MINORITY of openings: which are LIMITED in number. There are MILLIONS of people that can do your job BETTER than you can, and are more INTELLIGENT, and more COMPETENT than you are. But they are not ALLOWED to compete aginst you on an equal playing field. if they were... you would be out on your incompetent ASS, and whining about how come you can't make any money.

So crawl back into your cave and shut up
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-06   #8
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin
 
Billy the Kidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Progressive HELL!!!
Posts: 19,435
Billy the Kidd will become famous soon enough
Credits: 418,193
Stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by turak View Post
In case you do not know: you monocultural ignorant ass: there are billions of people who do not have the PRIVILEGE of getting a good paying job. They live in AFRICA, in ASIA, in INDIA, in SOUTH AMERICA. Because high paying jobs only exist as a SMALL MINORITY of openings: which are LIMITED in number. There are MILLIONS of people that can do your job BETTER than you can, and are more INTELLIGENT, and more COMPETENT than you are. But they are not ALLOWED to compete aginst you on an equal playing field. if they were... you would be out on your incompetent ASS, and whining about how come you can't make any money.

So crawl back into your cave and shut up
Dear moron:

[x] you must eat shit because all you got to say is bullshit.
[x] you mistook your opinion as worthwhile. It isnt because youre retarded.
[] your ass is huge from sitting in front of a computer all day
[] that words doesnt mean what you think it means
[x] you can tell your mother, "thanks for the toothy blowjob" for me.
[] please stop talking, because its nigh but verbal masterbation, fullfilling for a fleeting moment, but ultimatly pointless since you will never see a vagina/position of authority

You have a history of being:

[x] a moron
[] a douchebag
[x] a dumbfuck
[x] a communist
[x] a liberal retard
[] a republican
[x] a uninformed dolt of titanic size
[] repetitive faggot who needs to be Matthew Shepherded
[x] a stupid fuck who poses ridiculous and stupid questions

You need to:

[] die at the earliest convienience.
[x] pull your head out of your ass.
[] stop being a dumbfuck shitweasel.
[x] grow the fuck up.
[x] STFU and GBTW.
[x] get a job, and stop living off of mommies money.
[] get a REAL education, the reference books youre reading suck ass.
[x] eat a pile of dog shit, since you love the flavor of ass.

Lastly:

[]Go fuck your hand you misanthrope
[x]stick your cock in a blender and hit "frappe"
[]stop letting your mother rape you at midnight, its bad for your self esteem.
[]eat my ass you salad tossing dumbfuck!
[x]fuck you with a splintery baseball bat.
[]learn to spell you fucking retard.
[x]go back to hell with the rest of your hippie, commie loving faggot acting cheese eating friends.


yours,

Billy
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-06   #9
masochist
Still Hungry
 
masochist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Auckland, Aotearoa
Posts: 8,825
masochist is on a distinguished road
Credits: 195,480
The system works on a small scale where each individual is a cherished member of the group. People look out for the wellbeing of each person.

A family unit is a group like this. You don't pay your mum to make you dinner. She makes it out of the goodness of her heart.

Some villages worked like this - until barter systems came along.

It's not just about greed though. It's about fairness. If I'm working all day to provide for everyone, but there are people that sit and do nothing all day, why should they reap the rewards of my work? Communism is a noble idea, but it works only if everyone works for a common goal.
__________________
have you seen my marbles?
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-06   #10
masochist
Still Hungry
 
masochist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Auckland, Aotearoa
Posts: 8,825
masochist is on a distinguished road
Credits: 195,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by turak View Post
Greed is not human nature. greed has to be taught.
That's not true. Look at children. They are very greedy unless they have firm parents that teach them otherwise.

Survival depends on a certain kind of greediness.
__________________
have you seen my marbles?
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-06   #11
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide
 
Wicked Lady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Djibouti
Posts: 19,273
Wicked Lady is on a distinguished road
Credits: 653,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by turak View Post
Idiots like you are a dime a dozen.
And hippy commies like you are the ones that bag my groceries and dry clean my sweaters. Thanks!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-06   #12
apostate87
kinda a douche
 
apostate87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: just south of the middle of nowhere
Posts: 785
apostate87 is on a distinguished road
Credits: 34,636
don't dishonor turak anymore. he is officialy retarded and i feel sorry for him.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-06   #13
turak
Guest
 
turak's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy the Kidd View Post
Dear moron:

[x] you must eat shit because all you got to say is bullshit.
[x] you mistook your opinion as worthwhile. It isnt because youre retarded.
[] your ass is huge from sitting in front of a computer all day
[] that words doesnt mean what you think it means
[x] you can tell your mother, "thanks for the toothy blowjob" for me.
[] please stop talking, because its nigh but verbal masterbation, fullfilling for a fleeting moment, but ultimatly pointless since you will never see a vagina/position of authority

You have a history of being:

[x] a moron
[] a douchebag
[x] a dumbfuck
[x] a communist
[x] a liberal retard
[] a republican
[x] a uninformed dolt of titanic size
[] repetitive faggot who needs to be Matthew Shepherded
[x] a stupid fuck who poses ridiculous and stupid questions

You need to:

[] die at the earliest convienience.
[x] pull your head out of your ass.
[] stop being a dumbfuck shitweasel.
[x] grow the fuck up.
[x] STFU and GBTW.
[x] get a job, and stop living off of mommies money.
[] get a REAL education, the reference books youre reading suck ass.
[x] eat a pile of dog shit, since you love the flavor of ass.

Lastly:

[]Go fuck your hand you misanthrope
[x]stick your cock in a blender and hit "frappe"
[]stop letting your mother rape you at midnight, its bad for your self esteem.
[]eat my ass you salad tossing dumbfuck!
[x]fuck you with a splintery baseball bat.
[]learn to spell you fucking retard.
[x]go back to hell with the rest of your hippie, commie loving faggot acting cheese eating friends.


yours,

Billy
HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!... Somebody get the net!

Am I bothering you little boy?

HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!

Don't stop! More! HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-06   #14
turak
Guest
 
turak's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by masochist View Post
The system works on a small scale where each individual is a cherished member of the group. People look out for the wellbeing of each person.

A family unit is a group like this. You don't pay your mum to make you dinner. She makes it out of the goodness of her heart.

Some villages worked like this - until barter systems came along.

It's not just about greed though. It's about fairness. If I'm working all day to provide for everyone, but there are people that sit and do nothing all day, why should they reap the rewards of my work? Communism is a noble idea, but it works only if everyone works for a common goal.
WEll Said! Finally... a person onthis forum who is not a borderline psychotic and actually understands that there is more to life than greed..

Just out of curiosity: you do you... a sane person, bother with these nut cases here? Out of the goodness of your heart? They do not understand goodness. They never will.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-06   #15
apostate87
kinda a douche
 
apostate87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: just south of the middle of nowhere
Posts: 785
apostate87 is on a distinguished road
Credits: 34,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by turak View Post
WEll Said! Finally... a person onthis forum who is not a borderline psychotic and actually understands that there is more to life than greed..

Just out of curiosity: you do you... a sane person, bother with these nut cases here? Out of the goodness of your heart? They do not understand goodness. They never will.
you are ignorant and call those with differing opinions insane. you are incredible senile, extraordinarily immature, or completely mentally retarded.

there is a difference between greed and necessity. everything happens for a good reason. mothers make food for their children out of the goodness of their hearts, in one sense, and because doing so makes them happy, in another. in yet another sense, they do it because not to do so would mean that society would reject the mother for not being part of society. such things are burned into our skulls. i'm not saying that goodness is impossible, just that, by and large, things aren't based on it, but on impersonal laws which describe both the good and the bad, but most of all the cause/effect relationships that rule existence.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-06   #16
masochist
Still Hungry
 
masochist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Auckland, Aotearoa
Posts: 8,825
masochist is on a distinguished road
Credits: 195,480
Apostate, I'm glad you brought law into it. Communities and law....now that's another interesting topic.

Unless it's strictly business, in my relationships - friends, flatmates, family it's normally a share system. I doubt very much that we can arrange the world to share impersonally. If I'm not using it, I'll would gladly lend everything I own. I'd to think the same of those I love.

Maybe the question should be: why isn't the instinct we feel towards our friends and family shared amoung all people? Personally, it's trust. I don't trust that the next guy is going to do his part for the communal group.

I don't have anything against communes either - not all communes are evil cults!...I must be secretly a hippie then right?
__________________
have you seen my marbles?
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-06   #17
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin
 
thefr0g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 7,751
thefr0g will become famous soon enough
Credits: 50,469,559
Bullshit idealism. Oh yeah it would be wonderful if we lived in a world with no fighting, no money, and everybody shared what everybody else needed. But that will NEVER HAPPEN. Because man is, by nature, a selfish creature. Ambition is not to be despised as greed, it should be rewarded, and in most civilized societies it is. Those who are willing to work harder and give up more SHOULD have more money, they SHOULD live more comfortably, because they have EARNED it.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-06   #18
apostate87
kinda a douche
 
apostate87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: just south of the middle of nowhere
Posts: 785
apostate87 is on a distinguished road
Credits: 34,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefr0g View Post
Bullshit idealism. Oh yeah it would be wonderful if we lived in a world with no fighting, no money, and everybody shared what everybody else needed. But that will NEVER HAPPEN. Because man is, by nature, a selfish creature. Ambition is not to be despised as greed, it should be rewarded, and in most civilized societies it is. Those who are willing to work harder and give up more SHOULD have more money, they SHOULD live more comfortably, because they have EARNED it.
bravo! encore! c'est magnifique!
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-06   #19
turak
Guest
 
turak's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefr0g View Post
Bullshit idealism. Oh yeah it would be wonderful if we lived in a world with no fighting, no money, and everybody shared what everybody else needed. But that will NEVER HAPPEN. Because man is, by nature, a selfish creature. Ambition is not to be despised as greed, it should be rewarded, and in most civilized societies it is. Those who are willing to work harder and give up more SHOULD have more money, they SHOULD live more comfortably, because they have EARNED it.

Yes but what have you earned? MONEY. You have NOT earned the right to be rich while other people starve. Money is the EXCUSE people like you use. What do you earn working doing the same thing every day> eh?

What have you LEARNED doing the same stupid thing every day EH?

The only time you EARN something, is when you LEARN. If you do not LEARN you have not earned diddly squat. Until you learn not to repeat the same old tiresome mistakes of thepast: you have earned NOTHING but the right to REPEAT those mistakes. And you have also earned the right to be treated as you treat other people.

Do you think 1 billion people do not EARN the water they drink? They have to walk miles for it. You turn on the tap and presto! UNEARNED WATER! EASY! FREE!

Maybe if you are forced to walk 15 miles every day for water... maybe after you have EARNED the right to drink water: then you can sneer at lazy asses like yourself who have not EARNED the right to drink water.

Your specious arguements are so easy to rip apart.

Your idea that man is by nature greedy and selfish is the biggest load of crap. No baby born in the world was ever born greedy or selfish. They all had to be taught these two vices. You repeat the same old tiresome, idiotic fallacies that have already been shot down by every scientific research done into human social instincts.

The simple fact is that this issue exposes you.

It separates the selfish people from the unselfish people.

You are a taker. You have never learned the joy of giving: mainly because you have nothing to give of yourself... but that is your parents fault. Selfish people like you are incapable of understanding generosity or unselfishness. What surprise is that?

A person born blind cannot be expected to understand the color blue if they never saw it. Try developing insight into yourself. You might see something.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-06   #20
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide
 
Wicked Lady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Djibouti
Posts: 19,273
Wicked Lady is on a distinguished road
Credits: 653,418
So? I'm happy. I like my life. I like having stuff. I like having more stuff than other people. I simply do not give a shit about assholes on welfare. You can call me whatever you like and tell me I'm "blind" and a "taker" and terrible and horrible and anything else you can come up with.

I still don't care. And I'm still richer than you.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DF Special Request Line A.A.F Entertainment 858 03-09-08 14:23
Living at home. Underage. Sober. Odious^Minstrel Mayhem 3 02-10-07 14:48
you got another thing coming! Kendra Socialize 170 05-21-05 21:10
living shadow sixxx(sic)six Topic Discussions 6 09-08-04 15:16
Imagine No Liberals Heathen Topic Discussions 59 03-25-04 13:23

Recent Threads
Whats your job?
11-20-07 14:57
Last post by Sic Simon
45 Minutes Ago 20:26
what surprised you today?
04-11-13 17:55
Last post by thefr0g
1 Day Ago 14:31
what have you eaten...
12-24-03 19:43
Last post by JeNn_DeViLz
1 Day Ago 10:09
Darkforum Youtube!
03-25-13 07:48
Last post by JeNn_DeViLz
1 Day Ago 09:32
Science Disproves...
11-01-10 14:38
by Pahu
Last post by JeNn_DeViLz
1 Day Ago 09:27
vote or die
1 Week Ago 01:56
Last post by JeNn_DeViLz
1 Day Ago 09:20
vote or die
1 Week Ago 02:02
Last post by Sic Simon
2 Days Ago 21:45
long Sunday
3 Weeks Ago 18:00
by DaxterK
Last post by Sic Simon
1 Week Ago 01:46
BATH SALT ZOMBIES
12-04-13 11:20
Last post by Sic Simon
1 Week Ago 23:34
I'm drinking Vodka,...
09-02-17 23:28
by thefr0g
Last post by JeNn_DeViLz
1 Week Ago 22:44
Online Users: 65
2 members and 63 guests
dressevening, promgreen
Most users ever online was 1928, 06-09-15 at 18:20.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.0 RC2


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com

© 2006 - 2016 Dark Forum | About Dark Forum | Advertisers | Investors | Legal | A member of the Crowdgather Forum Community