Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Oh Snap! North Korea Nuke Test

Old 10-08-06   #1
gArGOyLe^^
The ModFather

gArGOyLe^^ will become famous soon enough
Credits: 280,051
Oh Snap! North Korea Nuke Test

Quote:
Report: N. Korea appears to conduct nuke test
South Korean official says nuclear test appears to have happened

SEOUL, South Korea - South Korean government officials said North Korea performed its first-ever nuclear weapons test Monday, the South’s Yonhap news agency reported.

South Korean officials could not immediately confirm the report.

South Korean President Roh Moo-hyun convened an urgent meeting of security advisers over the issue, Yonhap reported.

The North said last week it would conduct a nuclear test as part of its deterrent against a possible U.S. invasion.

This breaking news story will be updated.
Link

Ah.. I guess thaaat's where Saddam hid his WMDs.

BTW.. not confirmed... but heck.. you can expect anything from kimmie
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-06   #2
gArGOyLe^^
The ModFather

A little more confirmed:
http://www.newsvine.com/_news/2006/1...est-successful
Quote:
SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA — North Korea said Monday it has performed its first-ever nuclear weapons test. The country's official Korean Central News Agency said the test was performed successfully and there was no radioactive leakage from the site.

"The nuclear test is a historic event that brought happiness to the our military and people," KCNA said.

So now what?
Old 10-08-06   #3
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Billy the Kidd will become famous soon enough
Credits: 418,452
WHAT?! We talked with Kim Jong Il for over a decade! WTF he made nukes anyway?! Goddamnit.... we need to talk some more!
Old 10-08-06   #4
gArGOyLe^^
The ModFather

Duck and Cover, Duck and Cover!
Old 10-08-06   #5
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

I am just pissed he actually went ahead and built nukes. I mean we did so much diplomacy, it was like he just ignored it or something. Oh well, we can always hope that the terrorists will listen instead. THey probably will because Islam is a religion of peace ya know.
Old 10-08-06   #6
gArGOyLe^^
The ModFather

http://aslwww.cr.usgs.gov/Seismic_Da...INCN_24hr.html

Seismic activity
Old 10-08-06   #7
Alpha
Because I was here first

Alpha is on a distinguished road
Credits: 66,664
This is sad, sad news.

Old 10-09-06   #8
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

ArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these parts
Credits: 28,466
he was probably just ronery and wanted to chat some more. ror.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-09-06   #9
Iron's Rite
United States of Moronica

Location: "The forest folded it's branches around me, something passed by and I went into a dream." -Opeth
Iron's Rite is on a distinguished road
Credits: 253,465
We're most likely Fucked.
[hildegard von bingen - ordo virtutum]
Old 10-09-06   #10
gArGOyLe^^
The ModFather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron's Rite View Post
We're most likely Fucked.
Naw. Kim isn't retarded. Besides, they've been saying that they have Nukes since years and years and now they've just proven it so the world would pay it some attention.

The only thing that happens next, imo, is that Japan and South Korea will test their nukes and then nothing.

The only people you don't want nukes to get in to the hands of are the terrorists because they want to either rule the world or destroy it (both cases lead to destruction).

Another thing to worry about is the future. The more nukes out there the more chances of mistakes. The more chances of them falling in the wrong hands etc etc.

We've been "fucked" since a long time.
Old 10-09-06   #11
patryn
fuck off

patryn will become famous soon enoughpatryn will become famous soon enough
Credits: 171,553
i'm glad i own a handgun.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jesus wants his fucking whistle.
Old 10-09-06   #12
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

thefr0g will become famous soon enough
Credits: 50,470,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy the Kidd View Post
I am just pissed he actually went ahead and built nukes. I mean we did so much diplomacy, it was like he just ignored it or something. Oh well, we can always hope that the terrorists will listen instead. THey probably will because Islam is a religion of peace ya know.
Ah, repeating posts of biting sarcasm.

Perhaps if we werent busy fighting a war with a country that posed no threat to us, we could have more resources to deal with the countries that do.... oh well.

Old 10-09-06   #13
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefr0g View Post
Ah, repeating posts of biting sarcasm.

Perhaps if we werent busy fighting a war with a country that posed no threat to us, we could have more resources to deal with the countries that do.... oh well.
Well ya gotta start somewhere. Its better than jdoing nothing in the middle east which is what happend in the 90s, which of course lead to a certain number of deaths in 2001.
Old 10-09-06   #14
patryn
fuck off

patryn will become famous soon enoughpatryn will become famous soon enough
Credits: 171,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy the Kidd View Post
Well ya gotta start somewhere. Its better than jdoing nothing in the middle east which is what happend in the 90s, which of course lead to a certain number of deaths in 2001.
i think we're past that death count.

fr0g's right, we shouldn't be in iraq. shouldn't have been in iraq. i'm thinking this is blatantly obvious right now. not even the bush administration can figure out a way to lie about it anymore. here we KNOW that iran and n korea have nuclear capabilities, yet we're in iraq. "well he was a evil dictator." ok, what about all the other evil dictators that make him look like a saint.

but then again, there is no way we could move on n korea w/o agreement from the major eastern nations. china would be a difficult one to get approval from.

jesus wants his fucking whistle.
Old 10-09-06   #15
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by patryn View Post
i think we're past that death count.

fr0g's right, we shouldn't be in iraq. shouldn't have been in iraq. i'm thinking this is blatantly obvious right now. not even the bush administration can figure out a way to lie about it anymore. here we KNOW that iran and n korea have nuclear capabilities, yet we're in iraq. "well he was a evil dictator." ok, what about all the other evil dictators that make him look like a saint.

but then again, there is no way we could move on n korea w/o agreement from the major eastern nations. china would be a difficult one to get approval from.
Dont be absurd, we belong in Iraq, stop looking at the news clips and check out the big picture sometime. We are stopping the formation of a Caliphate, which is the terrorists ultimate goal.

Kim jong Il having nukes is a testimate to how diplomacy and discussion are a load of horseshit. True peace comes from victory, not the liberal doctrine of moral equivalency and surrender.

While Fr0g makes a compelling point, he too is looking at the liberal news clips and not paying attention to the big picture. You dont defeat the enemy by defending yourself, you defeat them by dismantling thier ability to wage war. If we win in Iraq (looks doubtful given the cut and run love from liberals and pussies) we can set up a model of what the mid east should be like. When the people living there see a stable Iraq not ruled by lunatic religious nutjobs who want women killed for showing ankle skin, or who allow brutal honor killings they will want it in thier countries too. Its nation building yes... but its nation building for a good cause. 1. It keeps them over there fighting in the middle east and not here in our streets and 2. its going to set up a powerful ally when it is time to crunch the shit out of Iran.

Last edited by Billy the Kidd; 10-09-06 at 09:47.
Old 10-09-06   #16
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

thefr0g will become famous soon enough
Credits: 50,470,266
Seriously man, believe it or not while I'm at work I listen to Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly every day, as well as NPR news... so I can say that my information is, if not unbiased, at least coming from both sides. I'm not for pulling out of Iraq, we have to finish what we started, but I think it was a huge fucking mistake to go there in the first place.

Old 10-09-06   #17
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Thats where we disagree then. We had to start somewhere, and Iraq was as good a place as any, if not a better place to go since it was an easy regieme to topple. The hard part is always going to be in setting up the new government etc. But thats the point, to prove we can do it. Its a huge blow to world wide islamic terrorism. Thier goal is to build a Caliphate, and they cant do that with Israel, Iraq and Afghanistan sitting in the middle of it. Theres a lot of work to do yet, but it will get done and we will be better off.
Old 10-09-06   #18
dk123
Lost Soul

dk123 will become famous soon enoughdk123 will become famous soon enough
Credits: 263,074
i just think the whole fucking world should stop butting their heads in on other countres business. and before someone says "yeah but the terrorists/chinese/eskimoes want to..." my point covers them as well. just concentrate on your own fucking country, bollocks to the others, and just live for fucks sake. if a country wants to be a republic, a democracy, have a king or queen or whatever, let em. stop fucking meddling.
Old 10-09-06   #19
gArGOyLe^^
The ModFather

What Caliphate? There are Shites, Wahabis, Sunnis and about 20 different muslim factions killing each other because of this caliphate business. They can't agree about anything so how will they agree on a Caliph? And a Caliph is one person like a pope. They've been fighting about this Caliph bullshit literally since 1400 years.

Why would they suddenly agree on everything (from women's rights, to which way to face to pray)? They wouldn't have been able to ouster Saddam or any one to create this caliphate you speak of. Infact Saddam is being put on trial just for killing all the idiots who wanted this Caliph bullshit.

On the other hand... Saddam was Sunni, Iran is Shite, Al Qaeda and Saudi Arabia is Wahabi and they have ALWAYS been at war. You really think that suddenly they were all going to start singing kumbayah and form voltron type being called the Caliphate?

However, NOW we have given them all a common enemy. Heck, we might just be aiding the formation of some caliphate.

And a caliph is a person. It doesn't matter if any one is occupying Iraq and Afghanistan. Like the pope he could sit in syria and say his orders.. ofcourse no one would listen to his wild rantings.
Old 10-09-06   #20
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzy View Post
i just think the whole fucking world should stop butting their heads in on other countres business. and before someone says "yeah but the terrorists/chinese/eskimoes want to..." my point covers them as well. just concentrate on your own fucking country, bollocks to the others, and just live for fucks sake. if a country wants to be a republic, a democracy, have a king or queen or whatever, let em. stop fucking meddling.
Love to, if they would just stop sending terrorists to kill us.