Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Welcome > Socialize
Reload this Page Hi, I'm Layla

Old 09-24-06   #61
Layla_L
Secluded Heart

Layla_L is on a distinguished road
Credits: 4,103
Aye, I am over that hump also.

Last edited by Layla_L; 09-24-06 at 13:35.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-06   #62
Layla_L
Secluded Heart

Oh my...eating mocha fudge soy cream.

The chocolate is wonderfully soothing...and delicious to boot.
Old 09-24-06   #63
Kendra
Darkness Incarnate

Kendra will become famous soon enough
Credits: 661,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla_L View Post
*waves back*
Hi Kendra

Yes, maybe we will have more time to chat later.
in that case i would seriously enjoy that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla
That sounds like fun...the stained glass class.
I have never done that before.
oh believe me it is fun. you get to learn a lot as well. cause in stained glass you do different things all the time... which is nice. but it's also very hard.. like when it would come to cutting the glass and in different shapes... you need to be careful cause you can cut yourself with glass. but the work that you have to do with it is seriously worth. cause it's all really pretty in the end. when you have completed something. maybe you should take a class like that someday. i'm sure that if i enjoy it you'll enjoy it..
even though my teacher is going to retire. i'm still going to keep up with it. the teacher will help me get started with another stained glass class. that i can take.

Quote:
Guitar sounds nice too, but I have tried that and I was not very good at playing the guitar.
well neither am i. but i still keep up with it. so that way i can become good at it. nobody sounds good when they are taking their first time on it. people just expect to become a pro right away with it. no it doesn't happen that way. if it did and i'll tell you this right now. that EVERYONE would be playing the guitar and ejoying the heck out of it. because they think they can be the next jimmi hendrix, carlos santana, stevie ray von, and slash from GNR.. no it will take a lot of work to become like that and to have a lot of dedication.. as well as having a lot of patients with it.. with that you'll become good. i hope you get back into it sometime. as in giving it a second chance and having a different thought, feeling, and opinion to it. only if you want to.

Quote:
I am taking a sewing class. I like sewing and it will be useful for me...I will be able to tailor my own clothes.
i remember in high school when i took home economics... i enjoyed doing the cooking. but when it was time to learn how to sew some clothes... i wasn't very good at it and i sucked. i didn't even do the paper work in the class. of which i had to do. those were the things that i slacked off from and i was also too busy being the class clown.. lets just say i didn't ejoy it. so that is what made me fail home economics. it didn't bother me that i got a zero in that class either. but at least it's cool that you enjoy sewing. another that is great is how you are making your own clothes. that is totally bitchen. bitchen means marvelous and wonderful. it even says so in the dictionary. haha.

Last edited by Kendra; 09-24-06 at 17:22.
Old 09-24-06   #64
Layla_L
Secluded Heart

That is good...that you will still be able to continue the stained glass class.

I may try playing the guitar again sometime...I like the sound of the guitar...the playing part just did not come easy for me.

Thanks...I like sewing, although I never did take home economics class. I think the skill was passed down from my grandmother, to my mom and then to me. We all like sewing.
It is good you liked the cooking part of the class. I cook some...but since it is only me I don't have to cook very often. I like trying new recipes.
Do you cook often?
Old 09-24-06   #65
Crypt
___

Crypt is on a distinguished road
Credits: 132,985
no bf to cook for?

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person

" It is easier to write words on water then to try to use argument on a christian"
Old 09-24-06   #66
Layla_L
Secluded Heart

Unfortunately, no.
I do enjoy cooking for someone else...probably because I feel as though I am nurturing those I cook for.

Cooking for myself seems to be more of a necessity than enjoyment.
Old 09-24-06   #67
Layla_L
Secluded Heart

I was supposed to cook lasagna today. I may cook it later in the week.
Since I am cooking the full recipe, I will have to freeze most of it to have as lunch or dinner on other days.

It makes for good leftovers.
Old 09-24-06   #68
Crypt
___

no suitors at the moment? and what happened to your last relationship?

" It is easier to write words on water then to try to use argument on a christian"
Old 09-24-06   #69
Crypt
___

and damn lasagna? shit Layla where do you live and let me know when. as long as you don't use shit I can't eat we should be ok. lmao

Old 09-24-06   #70
Layla_L
Secluded Heart

No, no suitors at the moment.

The last relationship...our personalities did not mesh and we did not seem to understand each other...it was as if we both heard what each other was saying, but our brains registered it as opposite of what was actually said.

The relationship was too stressful for me and I felt that if I stayed in the relationship I would not be able to show him my true self.
It was partly my fault...I caved in to his strong dominate personality and tried to mold myself into the type of woman he wanted.
But I was not happy with myself when I did this.
So I left the relationship.
It was my first time breaking it off with a guy and it hurt no less than when a guy broke off from me.

I know now that I still have to be able to be myself within the relationship and I must respect the same for him.

I am not sure if I would want to try being in a relationship again...at least for now.
I realized that I become too emotionally hurt when I inadvertently hurt another in the process.
Old 09-24-06   #71
Layla_L
Secluded Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypt View Post
and damn lasagna? shit Layla where do you live and let me know when. as long as you don't use shit I can't eat we should be ok. lmao

Lol, it is from scratch with meat...good stuff.
Old 09-24-06   #72
Crypt
___

i hear ya about the relationships. i have had a couple chicks tried to change my personality only to be told off. i am who i am, i am what i am. the cards are dealt let them lie. I think the best comment I ever heard aboput me was:
"Everytime I think I have him figured out, he does something that right fucks up my theory."

I have always found it annoying when soem chick tries to change my cold personality or meld it into something they wish for. If your in a realtionship they better be able to accept you for who you are, not who they want you to be.

The lasagna can't have garlic in it, nor cottage cheese. Can't eat the first, and can't stand the latter

BTW, you Italian?

Old 09-24-06   #73
Layla_L
Secluded Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypt View Post
I think the best comment I ever heard aboput me was:
"Everytime I think I have him figured out, he does something that right fucks up my theory."
That is a good thing. I would think that it would add an air of mystery to your relationship.

Aye, I use ricotta cheese (although I do like cottage cheese...I have not had any in years though) and I do love garlic.
I can leave the garlic out for you.

No, I am not Italian, but Italian is my fav type food.
I may have some native Amerian Indian in me...my skin is naturally a bit tanned or bronzed.
Old 09-24-06   #74
Crypt
___

aahhh ok, figured i'd ask. most women i know that love to cook are italian. myself i'm native/scottish. let me know when and where

Old 09-24-06   #75
Layla_L
Secluded Heart

No harm in asking.

Okay.

I completed house chores for the day.
Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to try out my new running shoes at the gym today. I will have to hit the gym later.
Old 09-24-06   #76
Crypt
___

i tend to workout at home. never liked going to gyms myself. though i have thought of getting into ju jutsu

Old 09-24-06   #77
Layla_L
Secluded Heart

Working out at home is good. The gym can be intimidating...which is the main reason I still do my strength training at home.

I just got this gym membership a few months ago so that I can get myself out of the apartment for a while during the weekdays.
Otherwise, I would end up feeling like a caged animal and become restless.

Ju jutsu sounds like it would be a good discipline to learn. I do not remember what makes it different from some of the other similar disciplines.

Maybe it is similar to tae kwon do...I took some classes in this discipline a while back and I liked it. I did not continue though...mainly because the class was a far distance from work and home.
Old 09-24-06   #78
Kendra
Darkness Incarnate

Kendra will become famous soon enough
Credits: 661,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla_L View Post
That is good...that you will still be able to continue the stained glass class.
of course. thank you.

Quote:
I may try playing the guitar again sometime...I like the sound of the guitar...the playing part just did not come easy for me.
well the playing part doesn't come easy for anyone. but once when you work through all of that. you'll be proud of yourself for doing it. but nonetheless i am glad you are going to give it a second.. not because of how i want you to. only because you want to do it for yourself.

Quote:
Thanks...I like sewing, although I never did take home economics class. I think the skill was passed down from my grandmother, to my mom and then to me. We all like sewing.
It is good you liked the cooking part of the class. I cook some...but since it is only me I don't have to cook very often. I like trying new recipes.
Do you cook often?
to tell you the truth. i don't know how to cook. when i cook. i can only cook little things.. like i can make myself a turkey, bacon, and union sandwich... if i were to make some eggs.. i can make them scrambled.. with green peppers and unions.. i can cook a cheese sandwhich.. mainly it's thing like that i can cook. even though it's not much. but at least it's something.
though if i want to learn how to cook a meal. i can ask and have my mom show me.

so it sounds as if that sewing thing is like a family tradition. since the sewing has been passed on from person to person.. that kind of tradition will not end. which is a cool thing. i think that is awesome.
Old 09-25-06   #79
Fallen_Star
Fist Of Rage!!!

Fallen_Star is on a distinguished road
Credits: 163,863
I like to cook somtimes. I've never taken up sewing. Though that's usually not a manly thing to do. If the guitar doesn't work out try another instrument. I play musical intruments. I'm really good at guitar and piano. I'm also fairly good at other things such as percussion. That's kewl that you are under 5'. I once had a gf that was under 5'. She was wonderful. Now if I could only find someone shorter than 5'4" and loved to cook but was a bit younger than you and was also into similar things life would be great.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-25-06   #80
~G~
Cosmic Fire Dancer.

~G~ is on a distinguished road
Credits: 93,948
Wow, is everyone in here under 5'5" except for me? lol
*holds up a sign that says "tall chicks rock"*

Cooking, sewing, working out...I do it all. I'm silly like that. Actually I haven't really seriously sewn in quite a long time. I find sewing very stressful at times, and frankly at this point in time I am saving most of my energy for other things.

I practiced a martial art called Cuong Nhu for a while, and I had been thinking about taking aikido instead though I don't think my lower back would have been very happy with me. I do a little yoga now and then and just do cardio stuff (walking, intervals, biking) and strength training now at home. Most of the gyms around here are either Curves/Lucille Roberts type places (nothing wrong with that, but can be expen$ive) or meat markets (like Bally's).