Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page What are your dreams thread

Old 08-29-06   #1
SaturnAscends
Respect mother earth

SaturnAscends is on a distinguished road
Credits: 26,783
What are your dreams thread

Recently i've been kinda agitated at the lack of creativity i've had. I let stress take over my mind and I get migraines all the time, I havn't really been thinking back to my dreams or my aspirations, because I gave them up. One part of giving up your dreams is an idle mind that is easy to prod at, usually I would be thinking about my dreams while Im working, see because my dreams are unrealistic, that's why I want to be a writer for a movie script, something powerful, original and creative. I remember I used to get lost in my dreams to the point where I'd become part of them, thinking out new ideas and seeing new and wonderful things happen that don't happen in real life.
It would be nice to get back in touch with my dreams, anyone else who can relate to this or dreams reply.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-06   #2
InKY
SchmInKY

InKY is on a distinguished road
Credits: 34,122
I have also been wondering where the creativity went. I still make something here and there, but I've lost the prolonged focus that being an Art student allowed me to have. Now it's one job, then another, then get the errands done. In my free time I'm tired and just feel like vegging.

Finding this site has helped a little b/c it has inspired me to make some stuff for the Art section......as soon as I find out how to post pictures!

Good luck, SA! I think it's a sign of maturity though, not getting involved in fantasies to the point that you're not making them happen to some extent in your real life.
Old 08-29-06   #3
Zerozkyo
Cheer Up Emo Kids

Zerozkyo is on a distinguished road
Credits: 17,547
edit (i'll get back to this..)

-Jon Stewart
Old 08-29-06   #4
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

ArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these parts
Credits: 28,581
i'm trying to figure out a way of saying this without sounding like a total cliche douchebag... but i can't. don't give up on your dreams, life has a way of working itself out. as long as you keep heading towards your goals, even if you're dragging some bullshit job along the way, you can still make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InKY View Post
Finding this site has helped a little b/c it has inspired me to make some stuff for the Art section......as soon as I find out how to post pictures!
go to www.photobucket.com and create an account. upload your photos there and then use the code they provide to post the images here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-29-06   #5
InKY
SchmInKY

InKY is on a distinguished road
Credits: 34,122
Thanks!
Old 08-29-06   #6
Kendra
Darkness Incarnate

Kendra will become famous soon enough
Credits: 661,738
couldn't agree more with arsinik.
Old 08-30-06   #7
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

ArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these parts
it's true. i spent 5 years in several different colleges, making headway on a degree in photography. the whole time i was stuck in bullshit hardware and software tech support jobs, dealing with shit ass customers and living in an apartment that, although it was pretty close to the beach, was still a tiny place.

one of the first friends i met here in redondo beach ended up getting a job in the magazine business as a technical writer. several months later that magazine lost their main photographer and he recommended me for the job. i went in with my portfolio, was hired and started my professional career as a photographer.

after four and a half years of learning i fucked that up by getting arrested, and sub sequentially fired from my job. it was like getting shot in the nuts with a cannon, i lost my dream job and hated my life for about 6 months until another magazine called me up and hired me.

now i've been back in the game for about a year for an even better magazine and told that i'm one of the best photographers in my field.

what Iím trying to say is life fucks with you, but it's what makes it fucking 'life.' just take it one day at a time and keep relying on your abilities and talent. the world is bound to notice you at one point or another, even if youíre a self destructive piece of work like me.

Old 08-30-06   #8
Reverend Nutmeg
Moans in the Night

Reverend Nutmeg is on a distinguished road
Credits: 3,513
A life of strife, fuels the imagination, by feeding it hardships, that can be re-chanalled into one's art. A lot of great things have been manufactured by a troubled soul. That and hardcore drugs.
Old 08-30-06   #9
Boomerang
Saint Aelphaba

Location: where muffled laughter drowns out the sound of fury
Boomerang is on a distinguished road
Credits: 42,389
For the past week straight I have been dreaming about Star Trek and Star Wars and an endless feud between the Federation and the Empire. I haven't watched either in months. I don't get it.
Old 08-30-06   #10
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

looks like your virginity is trying to tell you something.

Old 08-30-06   #11
masochist
Still Hungry

masochist is on a distinguished road
Credits: 195,580
I guess it's all about baby steps. Write down a list of things that can help you get to your goal. Put it away. You know what is on that list. You don't need it up on a wall getting you down.

Keep your dream in the back of your mind. Look out for opportunities to tick off those things on your list.

Is your dream simply to write 1 movie script? That is pretty easy in itself if you have the talent. You don't even need anyone until you are just about finished. Go ahead and get to doing it then!

My dream is to run a visual creative company with my boyfriend. We've set up a website, getting a few jobs here and there, but not enough to quit our day jobs. That is the goal I guess. To have enough work to quit our jobs and do what we love all the time. Baby steps though. We are heading in the right direction.

Don't forget to advertise yourself too. I know that in real life I am too modest. Then I see the crap work that some people do. People that are really good at talking themselves up so can get good jobs....

Make some business cards, set up some meetings with people you want to work with and go from there.
Old 08-30-06   #12
Kingdom
In the name of the Moon!

Kingdom is on a distinguished road
Credits: 23,481
...last night I dreamed about Ed...<3
Old 08-31-06   #13
masochist
Still Hungry

masochist is on a distinguished road
Credits: 195,580
Who's Ed?
Old 08-31-06   #14
Boomerang
Saint Aelphaba

Location: where muffled laughter drowns out the sound of fury
Boomerang is on a distinguished road
Credits: 42,389
Hahahah, if my virginity is trying to tell me anything it's

"PUT ME BACK YOU WHORE!"
Old 08-31-06   #15
Iron's Rite
United States of Moronica

Location: "The forest folded it's branches around me, something passed by and I went into a dream." -Opeth
Iron's Rite is on a distinguished road
Credits: 253,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArSiNiK View Post
what Iím trying to say is life fucks with you, but it's what makes it fucking 'life.' just take it one day at a time and keep relying on your abilities and talent. the world is bound to notice you at one point or another, even if youíre a self destructive piece of work like me.
So long as we are showing our sensitive sides in this thread; I think it's an appropriate time to note that I've developed a sense of respect and an appreciation for you as I've matured further in the past couple of years or so ArSiNiK . . . So . . . I guess what I'm also trying to state is that I'm open to the possibilty of Gay Buttsex in the future.
[hildegard von bingen - ordo virtutum]
Old 08-31-06   #16
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Billy the Kidd will become famous soon enough
Credits: 419,421
i keep dreaming that my teeth are falling out right before i get down with some hot chick... oh wait not those dreams? My dream is to have a lot of money, enough that I dont have to work when I dont want to ever again and I can pick up an go on vacation with my family for as long as I want.
Old 08-31-06   #17
SaturnAscends
Respect mother earth

SaturnAscends is on a distinguished road
Credits: 26,783
If you dream your teeth are falling out and it's horrible and shocking then it's a sign of vanity, if you dream your teeth are falling out and you pass it off it's a sign of carelessness.

Old 08-31-06   #18
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron's Rite View Post
So long as we are showing our sensitive sides in this thread; I think it's an appropriate time to note that I've developed a sense of respect and an appreciation for you as I've matured further in the past couple of years or so ArSiNiK . . . So . . . I guess what I'm also trying to state is that I'm open to the possibilty of Gay Buttsex in the future.
if your ass is as hairy as your face, no. plus i only do gay buttsex with babies.

Old 08-31-06   #19
Iron's Rite
United States of Moronica

Location: "The forest folded it's branches around me, something passed by and I went into a dream." -Opeth
Iron's Rite is on a distinguished road
Credits: 253,565
That's fine; I have no intention of being the bottom anyway, you can even have a Baby while we are at it.
[hildegard von bingen - ordo virtutum]
Old 08-31-06   #20
Kingdom
In the name of the Moon!

Kingdom is on a distinguished road
Credits: 23,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by masochist View Post
Who's Ed?
uhm...a guy I know..