Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Mayhem
Reload this Page I'm Fasting...

Old 06-18-06   #1
Zerozkyo
Cheer Up Emo Kids

Zerozkyo is on a distinguished road
Credits: 17,547
I'm Fasting...

Yeah you've heard of it. Fasting. I'm not eating for an entire week. I'm gonna do it this time, cus last time I did it I only made it to day 5. Cus my goddamn friends ordered pizza. Anyway. Its day 3 now and I'm a bit edgy. Ciggerettes help... Makes me lose my appetite. Ok, ..cheeseburgers.
Alright sorry, ok anyway, I'm a bit tired.. getting delerious

What do I accomplish out of this you ask?

Well I'm not gonna tell you, cus I'd rather go smoke a cancer stick.

-Jon Stewart
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-06   #2
(antihero)
N/A

(antihero) will become famous soon enough
Credits: 297,800
well, if you're not going to give us any more information, why did you bother saying anything? Or is this one of those "teaser" kind of things, like the girls do in junior high?
Old 06-19-06   #3
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Billy the Kidd will become famous soon enough
Credits: 418,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozkyo
Yeah you've heard of it. Fasting. I'm not eating for an entire week. I'm gonna do it this time, cus last time I did it I only made it to day 5. Cus my goddamn friends ordered pizza. Anyway. Its day 3 now and I'm a bit edgy. Ciggerettes help... Makes me lose my appetite. Ok, ..cheeseburgers.
Alright sorry, ok anyway, I'm a bit tired.. getting delerious

What do I accomplish out of this you ask?

Well I'm not gonna tell you, cus I'd rather go smoke a cancer stick.

1 week? Thats it? I once fasted for 12 days.
Old 06-19-06   #4
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by (antihero)
well, if you're not going to give us any more information, why did you bother saying anything? Or is this one of those "teaser" kind of things, like the girls do in junior high?

Who knows.. I thought fasting was about purity. Hes smoking.. clearly not about purity. I am guessing he wants to have that cool gaunt gothic malaise type thing going on. LAME.
Old 06-20-06   #5
BlyssfulStorm
Comrads!!!!!!

BlyssfulStorm is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 65,347
fasting slows down your matabolism. instead of burning up the fat you have, the body actually slows down to compensate for the loss of nutrients.

it can really screw up your system. especially if you're not sleeping enough.

and that was maude's health fact of the day.
Old 06-20-06   #6
~G~
Cosmic Fire Dancer.

~G~ is on a distinguished road
Credits: 93,948
That sort of fasting is not very good to do if you are not used to it, zero. I think you're better off doing at least a juice fast or something and only for a day or a weekend at most and work yourself up to longer and/or less.

Now if he goes out and sits under a tree the whole time he's doing this, I'm going to start wondering if he's been reading further on the links I'd posted. Hmm.

*in a Forest Gump-like voice*
That's all I have to say about that.
Old 06-21-06   #7
Zerozkyo
Cheer Up Emo Kids

Eh.. I'll survive. I've only been drinking water and green tea. But I cheated and ate some bread ... -_-

-Jon Stewart
Old 06-21-06   #8
~G~
Cosmic Fire Dancer.

I still would like to know what this is about, even though you don't seem too inclined to tell us.
Old 06-22-06   #9
renovate
Dark Thrall

renovate is on a distinguished road
Credits: 80,475
that's weird. i was thinking about fasting the other day. i had a dream and woke up feeling like i needed to find some purity points somewhere (no, not a wet dream, unfortunately) ...anyway, i've actually been eating MORE since then. fuck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

|reno|
Old 06-22-06   #10
Zerozkyo
Cheer Up Emo Kids

Its about self dicipline to me. I dont wanna be a slave to food like I am with cigarettes. If i'm in a situation one day when I'm like.. damn I'm not gonna be able to eat for a long time, I wont freak out about it. Same thing if I'm lost in the woods or something. Its also about purity, even though I do smoke cigs and drink. But I've gotten better so.. 0_o

After about 3 days your not really that hungry, and your body starts this detoxification/purification proccess. Your breath will stink for awhile =/ and you'll start feeling really light. Then it starts to feel really good. but anyway, I made it to day 6 and ate bread... but that was it.

-Jon Stewart
Old 06-22-06   #11
Zerozkyo
Cheer Up Emo Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood & Fire
That sort of fasting is not very good to do if you are not used to it, zero. I think you're better off doing at least a juice fast or something and only for a day or a weekend at most and work yourself up to longer and/or less.

Now if he goes out and sits under a tree the whole time he's doing this, I'm going to start wondering if he's been reading further on the links I'd posted. Hmm.

*in a Forest Gump-like voice*
That's all I have to say about that.
I'll be alright. I'm used to this kind of stuff. I've done it quite a bit actually. I started out slow and only went without eating for a day. Did that till I was used to it and worked to 2 and so on...

Yeah it does slow down your metabolism for awhile. Takes time for your body to get used to it. Although its a nice cleansing, its always nice to meditate while you fast.

But I do alot of stupid stuff to, dont get me wrong. I once had a competition with friends to see who could stay up the longest without sleeping.

Your looking at the 74 hour champ. BOoYai!
(damn that was hard to do... lot of movie time)

-Jon Stewart
Old 06-23-06   #12
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Quote:
Its about self dicipline to me. I dont wanna be a slave to food like I am with cigarettes. If i'm in a situation one day when I'm like.. damn I'm not gonna be able to eat for a long time, I wont freak out about it. Same thing if I'm lost in the woods or something. Its also about purity, even though I do smoke cigs and drink. But I've gotten better so.. 0_o

After about 3 days your not really that hungry, and your body starts this detoxification/purification proccess. Your breath will stink for awhile =/ and you'll start feeling really light. Then it starts to feel really good. but anyway, I made it to day 6 and ate bread... but that was it.
Except youre not detoxing because youre still smoking. Unless you mean youre starving your body and making it more addicted to nicotiene. Because thats what youre doing.
Old 06-23-06   #13
~G~
Cosmic Fire Dancer.

I often don't agree with Billy, yet this time I do. You're not really detoxing if you are still smoking. To some degree you may be, but over all, I don't think so.

You don't even really have to not eat to detox anyway. You can just even switch your eating for a while to a certain group of foods and get the same effect.

Quote:
I dont wanna be a slave to food like I am with cigarettes.
That right there speaks volumes. Did you consider the fact that food IS necessary to LIVE and cigarettes are NOT? If anything I could wish for you, zero, it's that you quit smoking. I'm not telling you what to do, and I am not trying to be your mom (even though I was accused of acting mom-ish in another thread), and I know you're still really young. If you want a challenge that I can guarantee would eventually have you feeling REALLY great, I would say quit smoking. I smoked for 21 years...and probably got second-hand smoke prior to that as well. I quit over two years ago and I feel so much better physically as well as about myself. As a matter of fact, I went to the Dr. on Tuesday and that got brought up and he told me that if everything else is good in about 5-7 years my body will return to a state that would basically be like I'd never smoked. How's that for a detox?
Old 06-23-06   #14
Zerozkyo
Cheer Up Emo Kids

Yeah, I was talking more along the lines of nutrition and unhealthy foods. But while we're on the subject. Yes, I am addicted to ciggarettes. I have tried to quit 3 times but its safe to say I'm a fauilure. Your right billy, it probably does make me more addicted. But I'm already passed the line of no return.

Don't tell me to chew that nasty gum or use the patch either. I've tried that, doesn't work for some people. I'm one of those types that can only feel satisfied when the smoke is in my lungs.

Lets see.. I'm almost 19 now, been smoking since I was *thinks* lets say 13 (about 6 years). When I first started my buddys older brother would hook us up with cartons all the time. So we'd be smoking 2,3 packs a day. (Never thought of the consequences back then)

I don't smoke that much now... I try to limit myself to 2 packs a week. But there are those times, when I'm pissed about something or another and I'll start smoking a pack a day. Without being conciously aware that I'm smoking past my limit. Its like a natural part of my life now. I'll get those 5 min breaks from the day. Sit there and puff while I think.

So anyway, yeah I'm addicted. I Want to stop, won't say I can't because I can. But.. I can also honestly say i don't want to stop smoking. Sounds like a contradiction huh? Well yeah, thats what sucks about it... that and I'll be dead in 10 years.

Oh yeah, and bloodfire. Thats really good you stopped smoking. You made a very good decision. (one that I will make someday, hopefully) *bows*

-Jon Stewart

Last edited by Zerozkyo; 06-23-06 at 17:11.
Old 06-23-06   #15
sixxx(sic)six
satanic teddybear

Location: Under your bed with a very sharp knife...and nekkid!
sixxx(sic)six is on a distinguished road
Credits: 395,024
i'm fat
Old 06-23-06   #16
BlyssfulStorm
Comrads!!!!!!

BlyssfulStorm is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 65,347
Quote:
Yeah, I was talking more along the lines of nutrition and unhealthy foods. But while we're on the subject. Yes, I am addicted to ciggarettes. I have tried to quit 3 times but its safe to say I'm a fauilure. Your right billy, it probably does make me more addicted. But I'm already passed the line of no return.

Don't tell me to chew that nasty gum or use the patch either. I've tried that, doesn't work for some people. I'm one of those types that can only feel satisfied when the smoke is in my lungs.

Lets see.. I'm almost 19 now, been smoking since I was *thinks* lets say 13 (about 6 years). When I first started my buddys older brother would hook us up with cartons all the time. So we'd be smoking 2,3 packs a day. (Never thought of the consequences back then)

I don't smoke that much now... I try to limit myself to 2 packs a week. But there are those times, when I'm pissed about something or another and I'll start smoking a pack a day. Without being conciously aware that I'm smoking past my limit. Its like a natural part of my life now. I'll get those 5 min breaks from the day. Sit there and puff while I think.

So anyway, yeah I'm addicted. I Want to stop, won't say I can't because I can. But.. I can also honestly say i don't want to stop smoking. Sounds like a contradiction huh? Well yeah, thats what sucks about it... that and I'll be dead in 10 years.

Oh yeah, and bloodfire. Thats really good you stopped smoking. You made a very good decision. (one that I will make someday, hopefully) *bows*
you're younger than me!?! BASTARD!
Old 06-26-06   #17
~G~
Cosmic Fire Dancer.

Quote:
Yes, I agree. And I also hope you do too. I'm not going to try to steer you on to the patch or gum...neither one of them really worked for me. One thing that started giving me the idea was this set of filters that decrease the amount of smoke you're taking in...and in the process you have to clean them so you can see all the lovely tar you're sucking in...when I finally did it, I did it cold turkey. I don't feel there's another way I would have, and all else I will say is that the biggest thing is to at least mostly be ready on all levels (physically, mentally, emotionally, etc.) If not, then failure is more likely to happen. The only other way is if your life is being threatened by it, then that might cause reform of said levels.

So how did the rest of the fast go?
Old 06-27-06   #18
Zerozkyo
Cheer Up Emo Kids

I should be disgusted by smoking. I actually saw a human lung, someones lung that they just took out for presentation. They started fillng the lungs with air, to simulate breathing. Then they used a cancerized emphysemizizzed lung and did it. I almost puked. Seriously, top 3 of the most disgusting things I've ever seen.

Fast went alright. I cheated on the last day and ate bread.. but eh. I feel a lot better now, now that all the grease and fatty and cholestorolized junk is out of my system. I'm gradually working my way back to the way I usually eat. Right now, I'm hardly eating anything.

-Jon Stewart