Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Entertainment
Reload this Page Battle Royale...remake.

Old 06-11-06   #1
BlyssfulStorm
Comrads!!!!!!

BlyssfulStorm is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 65,347
Battle Royale...remake.

...oh...fiddlesticks.

Quote:
The news that New Line have just bought the rights to the Japanese movie Battle Royale is stunning, provoking much the same feelings as they did with news of the (hopefully dead) Oldboy remake, how could they possibly remake it?

Battle Royale is a film based in the future in Japan where, to control the unruly young adult population, the Goverment select a random school class each year and send them to an island. They chose weapons and are released in order to kill each other. The one left alive is the winner and gains their freedom, and it's all televised. There are many more twists to the story, but that's enough to give you the idea. It's brutal, cold, and bloody.

From Variety through Dark Horizons:

Neal Moritz ("The Fast And The Furious") and Roy Lee ("The Ring", "The Grudge") will produce.

Well production doesn't mean that much but I am very glad to see that Lee is in there and may well try and fight Hollywood to bring us a faithful representation. Yet I just can't see that movie making it through the Studio. Sure, with an R rating it would make it to the screen, but I really don't see it being what a Studio would want...unless they take a chance.
[quote=wikipedia]As of June 2006, Ain't It Cool News website reported that New Line Cinema along with producers Neil Moritz and Roy Lee intend to produce a hardcore, American remake adaptation of the film. However, there has been no screenwriter or director currently involved in the making of the project.[quote]

while i've lost my faith in remakes, i just have to wait and see.

but my question is...are they going to set it in the US or japan? the whole story is based around japan hating all other countries!
Old 06-11-06   #2
sixxx(sic)six
satanic teddybear

Location: Under your bed with a very sharp knife...and nekkid!
sixxx(sic)six is on a distinguished road
Credits: 395,024
NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!

Let it be! LET IT BE!

Such a great movie...why remake it?

Oh, and what's this: "the whole story is based around Japan hating all other countries!" I don't remember that in the movie, which I own. All the movie dealt with was the fall of the Japanese government and students rebelling. Hence the B.R. Act was set in stone...to teach kids to learn that life isn't easy and it's a dog-eat-dog world, and you must fight! And wear a yellow jump suit and stab a boy in his balls! YES! That is what the movie is about!
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-06   #3
BlyssfulStorm
Comrads!!!!!!

BlyssfulStorm is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 65,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixxx(sic)six
Oh, and what's this: "the whole story is based around Japan hating all other countries!" I don't remember that in the movie, which I own. All the movie dealt with was the fall of the Japanese government and students rebelling. Hence the B.R. Act was set in stone...to teach kids to learn that life isn't easy and it's a dog-eat-dog world, and you must fight! And wear a yellow jump suit and stab a boy in his balls! YES! That is what the movie is about!
read the book. the movie left out most of the political aspects. but they seem to have tossed it in like an after thought in the sequel.
Old 06-11-06   #4
dk123
Lost Soul

dk123 will become famous soon enoughdk123 will become famous soon enough
Credits: 262,974
oh for fucks sake.

i'm not going to see it. what with all the restrictions in american cinema and with the FCC and all that bollocks, i cant see them making a bloodier version anyhow. it'll all be set in america and toned to an american audience and with gangstas and niggers and all that shite.
Old 06-12-06   #5
Firewall
Cogitating Until Vomiting

Firewall is on a distinguished road
Credits: 25,682
This is one movie from Asia that I never imagined seeing taken on by a US studio and remade. The content and idea just struck me as something that America would keep away from. I guess I was wrong.

I can imagine the school-kids in the remake being Paris Hilton type girls and Jock boys.......how can you honestly feel good about seeing something like that?

There is NO way that it will better or equal the true brilliance of the original, it will just rape and make a mockery out of a great and classic Asian masterpiece.

Oh Hollywood, how I hate you more each day.

I can see it now....

Battle Royale - Revenge Of The Turds.

Starring: Jennifer Love EwBitch, Jason "Pie Fucker" Biggs, Asston Kuntsher, Tara "Wonky Tits" Reid, Paris Hiltool, Jessica "Dumb is fun for a half minute, then it's old and annoying" Simpletonson.....

With a guest appearence by - The dude with the hook from "I know what you did last Summer".

Oh.....how I am vomiting in my own mouth right now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.