Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Gun Control

Old 06-05-06   #1
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Dyshade will become famous soon enoughDyshade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,463
Gun Control

The following article pretty much agrees with how I feel about firearms. Firearms are available both legally and illegally. What sucks is if you live in an area where they are banned because they are still available illegally.
Gun control is an abject failure. About as miserable a failure as the decades long drug war

If you live in an area in which firearms are illegal I would suggest acquiring an illegal one.

Read the article

More gun control isn't the answer

By John R. Lott Jr. and Eli Lehrer

Gun control has not worked in Canada. Since the new gun registration program started in 1998, the U.S. homicide rate has fallen, but the Canadian rate has increased. The net cost of Canada's gun registry has surged beyond $1-billion -- more than 500 times the amount originally estimated. Despite this, the Canadian government recently admitted it could not identify a single violent crime that had been solved through registration. Public confidence in the government's ability to fight crime has also eroded, with one recent survey showing only 17% of voters support the registration program.

So, if this hasn't worked, what's the solution? The NDP, which polls indicate may hold the balance of power in Parliament after June 28, has proposed a radical solution: "going across the border to the U.S. and actively engaging in lobbying to have gun -control laws in the U.S. strengthened."

This is part of an ironic pattern: When gun control laws fail -- as they consistently do, whether in Canada, the United States or other countries -- politicians seek to pass new laws rather than eliminate the old ones. In the United States, gun -control groups now claim that the 1994 Brady Act implementing background checks and assault-weapon bans failed to reduce crime only because they didn't go far enough; and that city bans on handguns in Chicago and Washington, D.C., failed only because other jurisdictions didn't follow suit.

The same logic applies overseas: With violent crime and gun crime soaring in the United Kingdom, where handguns are already banned, the British government is banning imitation guns. And in Australia, state governments are banning ceremonial swords.

Yet, the laws in Australia, Britain and Canada were adopted under what gun control advocates would argue were ideal conditions. All three countries adopted laws that applied to the entire country. Australia and Britain are surrounded by water, and thus do not have the easy smuggling problem that Canada claims with regard to the United States. The new attempts to ban toys or cast blame on the United States, reek of desperation.

Crime did not fall in England after handguns were banned in 1997. Quite the contrary, crime rose sharply. In May, the British government reported that gun crime in England and Wales nearly doubled in the last four years. Serious violent crime rates from 1997 to 2002 averaged 29% higher than 1996; robbery was 24% higher; murders 27% higher. Before the law, armed robberies had fallen by 50% from 1993 to 1997, but as soon as handguns were banned, the armed robbery rate shot back up, almost back to their 1993 levels. The violent crime rate in England is now double that in the United States.

Australia saw its violent crime rates soar after its 1996 gun control measures banned most firearms. Violent crime rates averaged 32% higher in the six years after the law was passed than they did the year before the law went into effect. Murder and manslaughter rates remained unchanged, but armed robbery rates increased 74%, aggravated assaults by 32%. Australia's violent crime rate is also now double America's. In contrast, the United States took the opposite approach and made it easier for individuals to carry guns. Thirty-seven of the 50 states now have right-to-carry laws that let law-abiding adults carry concealed handguns once they pass a criminal background check. Violent crime in the United States has fallen much faster than in Canada, and violent crime has fallen even faster inright-to-carry states than for the nation as a whole. The states with the fastest growth in gun ownership have also experienced the biggest drops in violent crime rates.

It is understandable that Canadians are focusing on crime as the election nears. Everyone wants to take guns away from criminals. The problem is that law-abiding citizens obey the laws and criminals don't. Even in the unlikely event that a Canadian government were to convince the United States to ban guns, that would provide no more of a magic solution to Canadian crime than its own failed gun registry.

John Lott Jr, a resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute in Washington, is author of "More Guns, Less Crime" (University of Chicago Press, 2000) and "The Bias Against Guns" (Regnery, 200.

A follow up letter to the editor in The National Post is available here.

National Post (Canada)

June 17, 2004 Thursday National Edition

SECTION: Editorials; Pg. A21

LENGTH: 209 words

HEADLINE: Get serious about crime

SOURCE: National Post

BYLINE: Gary A. Mauser

BODY: It should not surprise many people that Canada's gun laws have not worked (More Gun Control Isn't The Answer, John R. Lott Jr., June 15). Anyone living in a big Canadian city has witnessed the horrifying increase in violent crime over the past decade.

Canada's violent crime rate is now higher than in the United States. Our burglary and assault rates are particularly frightening, and illegal handguns are increasingly misused in our largest cities.

This is the result of the Liberal government's failure to punish violent criminals and instead to criminalize hunters and target shooters if they fail toget a licence and to register their shotguns and rifles.

Nor do gun laws work any better in Great Britain or Australia. In a recent study for the Fraser Institute, I showed that gun laws in those countries havefailed to stop increases in violent crime and homicides.

In contrast, violent crime and homicide rates are plummeting in the United States. Violent crime is dropping even faster in those states that allow citizens to carry concealed handguns.

When is Ottawa going to get serious about stoping violent criminals?

Gary A. Mauser, professor, Institute for Canadian Urban Research Studies, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, B.C.

And he is a Canadian

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.O.D.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-06   #2
SheIsMyOnly*0

And to think they refer to you as a leader of men. What about when a regular Joe buys a shotgun and his 12 year old son accidently blows his little brothers brains out because he saw it on tv? The only people that should have guns are police, criminals, soldiers, and people without kids who know how to use a weapon. I don't have a gun, if someone were to enter my house with my family in it I would shove both of my hands into both of his eye sockets, rip out his eyes, then as he screams in horror Id go into the kitchen, grab a butcher knife, castrate him, wrap him in duct tape, throw him in the back of my trunk and drop him off at the hospital.
Old 06-06-06   #3
SheIsMyOnly*0

And yes sir I did read that entire thing before I posted.
Old 06-06-06   #4
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Billy the Kidd will become famous soon enough
Credits: 418,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheIsMyOnly*0
And to think they refer to you as a leader of men. What about when a regular Joe buys a shotgun and his 12 year old son accidently blows his little brothers brains out because he saw it on tv? The only people that should have guns are police, criminals, soldiers, and people without kids who know how to use a weapon. I don't have a gun, if someone were to enter my house with my family in it I would shove both of my hands into both of his eye sockets, rip out his eyes, then as he screams in horror Id go into the kitchen, grab a butcher knife, castrate him, wrap him in duct tape, throw him in the back of my trunk and drop him off at the hospital.

No, if someone broke into your house, youd watch them defile your children while you begged for mercy on the ground powerless like all anti gun nuts.
Old 06-06-06   #5
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Quote:
And yes sir I did read that entire thing before I posted.
Good for you, more kids die from falling into swimming pools than from guns. I dont see you eager to ban swimming pools.
Old 06-07-06   #6
SheIsMyOnly*0

Fuck your god.
Old 06-07-06   #7
SheIsMyOnly*0

Also - fuck this forum. I'm out.
Old 06-07-06   #8
SheIsMyOnly*0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy the Kidd
No, if someone broke into your house, youd watch them defile your children while you begged for mercy on the ground powerless like all anti gun nuts.

1706 Calvary Rd. Holiday, FL. Bring you pervert fuck, I'll show you what I can do with my hands and feet.
Old 06-08-06   #9
Nox noctis Umbra
Proud papa

Nox noctis Umbra is on a distinguished road
Credits: 96,032
And what would you do if that burgler had a gun himself? Besides, its hard for a corpse to sue your ass of in court for the injuries he received by your attack, even though he had no right to be on the premises in the first place, and you know with the fucked up laws in the country concerning lawsuits, he would win, and you would get ass raped finacially. Laws only keep the honest people honest. And if a kid were to shoot himself, or his sibling, it is the fault of the parent for one big reason: They never took the time to properly educate their child that guns are very dangerous. I have been around guns all my life, so has my little brother, yet we have never once injured ourselves, or other people with said guns because our dad took the time to teach us proper gun safety. Always treat a gun as if it were loaded, never aim a gun at a person you do not wish to harm. Guns are not toys, they are not ment to be played with. Always keep the safety on until you are ready to fire. So long as you follow gun safety, and pay some fucking attention to what you are doing, you are not going to hurt someone unintentionally. Yes accidents do happen, but that is apart of life. Yes some people do get shot, but they also fall off of ladders, get hit by cars, get cut by glass, slip on wet floors, spill hot drinks in their laps, burn themselves. Life never will be completely safe, regardless of if the dangers are natural or man-made, but I would sleep better knowing that I can always shoot first, than have to suffer from the though of my family being molested by some demented fucker.
Old 06-08-06   #10
----LysoL----
4 12 06

----LysoL---- is on a distinguished road
Credits: 11,169
Lets face the truth: Guns are for pussies. If you have a gun that means you also have a dripping, wet vagina where your penis should be.
Old 06-08-06   #11
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Quote:
1706 Calvary Rd. Holiday, FL. Bring you pervert fuck, I'll show you what I can do with my hands and feet.
You wouldnt do anything you nut job. All you could do is beg.
Old 06-08-06   #12
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ----LysoL----
Lets face the truth: Guns are for pussies. If you have a gun that means you also have a dripping, wet vagina where your penis should be.
back in reality, guns are for mature law abiding citizens who want to protect thier families. People who think they are for pussies ar ethe ones with the fear of an inanimate object, thus making them the pussies. I just wish you can be robbed at knife point once so you can surrender your neck to the wolf and be the victim that you truly are. Just once. Why do you pacifist homos love to give up control of your life to people who want to hurt you? Pussy.
Old 06-08-06   #13
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Quote:
Calm it down. This is a discussion topic not a flame war thread. Discuss the topic or do not.

S.O.D.

Old 06-08-06   #14
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy the Kidd
back in reality, guns are for mature law abiding citizens who want to protect thier families. People who think they are for pussies ar ethe ones with the fear of an inanimate object, thus making them the pussies. I just wish you can be robbed at knife point once so you can surrender your neck to the wolf and be the victim that you truly are. Just once. Why do you pacifist homos love to give up control of your life to people who want to hurt you? Pussy.
Other than the portions which are uncalled for replies toward trollish statements and as such have been excused you are right on the money. Gun control takes the guns away from law abiding citizens and puts them in the hands of the criminals.
Here in Utah we do not even have gun registration laws. When you purchase a firearm you get it after a 15 minute NICS check WHICH you do not even need to do if you have your Utah CWP

People who fear firearms are those who often just do not understand them. Firearms are inanimate objects which only kill when used to do so. It is only tragic when used by those who are ignorant or those who mean to cause harm.
Lets take for instance this scenario---- woman in a park gets confronted by a robber/rapist armed with a gun--- she screams and an armed CWP citizen hears her and runs over--- The armed citizen screams out with weapon drawn,"Get the fuck on the ground motherfucker and drop that gun before I blow your fucking head off!!!"-- there are 3 scenarios that now play out--- #1- the guy turns tail and runs... if he runs the citizen cannot fire at him and the perp gets away.... jogger saved..... #2- the guy drops his weapon and goes to the ground and the citizen covers him while the jogger goes for help.... jogger saved... #3- the perp turns the gun toward the citizen and the citizen places two shots into the perps abdomen and down he goes---- jogger saved....

That scenario without an armed citizen would only end in tragedy for both the citizen and the jogger......

S.O.D.

Old 06-08-06   #15
Nox noctis Umbra
Proud papa

The only time gun control laws are ever a good thing is if you run black market guns, then you want more.... Hey how many of those gun control abdicated do you really think are gun runners?
Old 06-08-06   #16
Nox noctis Umbra
Proud papa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyshade
Other than the portions which are uncalled for replies toward trollish statements and as such have been excused you are right on the money. Gun control takes the guns away from law abiding citizens and puts them in the hands of the criminals.
Here in Utah we do not even have gun registration laws. When you purchase a firearm you get it after a 15 minute NICS check WHICH you do not even need to do if you have your Utah CWP

People who fear firearms are those who often just do not understand them. Firearms are inanimate objects which only kill when used to do so. It is only tragic when used by those who are ignorant or those who mean to cause harm.
Lets take for instance this scenario---- woman in a park gets confronted by a robber/rapist armed with a gun--- she screams and an armed CWP citizen hears her and runs over--- The armed citizen screams out with weapon drawn,"Get the fuck on the ground motherfucker and drop that gun before I blow your fucking head off!!!"-- there are 3 scenarios that now play out--- #1- the guy turns tail and runs... if he runs the citizen cannot fire at him and the perp gets away.... jogger saved..... #2- the guy drops his weapon and goes to the ground and the citizen covers him while the jogger goes for help.... jogger saved... #3- the perp turns the gun toward the citizen and the citizen places two shots into the perps abdomen and down he goes---- jogger saved....

That scenario without an armed citizen would only end in tragedy for both the citizen and the jogger......
The guy(or girl in some of the stores here) who is ringing up your puchase talks to the police, on the phone, for about 5 minutes, and then rings up your purchase
Old 06-08-06   #17
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox noctis Umbra
The guy(or girl in some of the stores here) who is ringing up your puchase talks to the police, on the phone, for about 5 minutes, and then rings up your purchase
Yep same thing here..... National Instant Criminal Background Check System(NICS) is called and lasts 5-15 minutes......

S.O.D.

Old 06-08-06   #18
Nox noctis Umbra
Proud papa

Oh wait, I forgot, damn this memory of mine, they stopped calling the cop shop at my store, instead they call either the FBI, or the ATF. I know this cause I have gotten call backs for our sportscenter before
Old 06-08-06   #19
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Yeah Federal Mandate insists that you complete a NICS check when purchasing a firearm from an FFL Dealer. NICS is Federal

S.O.D.

Old 06-08-06   #20
Nox noctis Umbra
Proud papa

Hey at least its better than that stupid wait five day bullshit