Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page emo the new goth?

Old 04-06-06   #1
patryn
fuck off

patryn will become famous soon enoughpatryn will become famous soon enough
Credits: 171,653
emo the new goth?

so. i'm old and generally don't follow this type of shit. however i keep hearing emo this and emo that. my take, emo is goth with color.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jesus wants his fucking whistle.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-06   #2
Crypt
___

Crypt is on a distinguished road
Credits: 133,192
emo's fucking more pathetic then the goth culture man.

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person

" It is easier to write words on water then to try to use argument on a christian"
Old 04-06-06   #3
(antihero)
N/A

(antihero) will become famous soon enough
Credits: 297,900
nah, emo has grown up alongside this whole nu-goth thing that started up in the late 90s. they've both been aware of each other's existence, and they both have some of the same characteristics, but they refuse to associate with each other. It's a constant battle of who's whinier, really; goth is more "existence is bleak, as is my soul" whiny, while emo is "my girlfriend left me and the tears won't stop" whiny. As far as I'm concerned, both are equally deplorable.

Old-school goth is fine, though.
Old 04-06-06   #4
patryn
fuck off

damn kids and their subcultures. it's too confusing.

Old 04-06-06   #5
Iron's Rite
United States of Moronica

Location: "The forest folded it's branches around me, something passed by and I went into a dream." -Opeth
Iron's Rite is on a distinguished road
Credits: 253,565
I knew a kid in my circle of friends who was nick-named Emo. What I found amusing was that he would go around constantly making hard-core racist statements; yet he never got in trouble for it.
[hildegard von bingen - ordo virtutum]
Old 04-06-06   #6
Elijah
..xionicpulse..

Elijah
Credits: 11,928
..bunch of confused trust fund babies..

Old 04-06-06   #7
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

ArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these parts
Credits: 28,581
emo is goth + myspace.

Old 04-06-06   #8
dk123
Lost Soul

dk123 will become famous soon enoughdk123 will become famous soon enough
Credits: 263,074
i'm writing a thesis on emo. just for my own and other emo hating people's amusements. this is what i have so far -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzy's Emo Thesis
emo kids have no eyes. tis true. that one they show, its just fake. its a hologram sticker thing. they look down at the floor all the time because they're using echo-location to work out whether theyre gonna hit anything or anyone (which they generally do) whilst shuffling along and they use fake tears that drip from little pipes near their eyes onto the floor to lubricate their feet so they can slide along the floor looking even more depressed and pathetic than usual.

it aids in their showing everyone else how amazingly sad and depressed and lonly and hard up they are. but of course don't pay any attention to them, they like it like that. you have to ignore them. an emo kid is only truly satisfied when they are ignored. and kind of like a little child, with the "if i cant see you, you cant see me" the emo kids have no eyes. so that keeps them... well not happy, but... in a perpetual state of self induced pretend depression.

because of course, if you didnt ignore them, they wouldnt be lonely. and if theyre not lonely, theyre not hard up and ignored and people would understand them, and they wouldnt be depressed. so just ignore the emo kids, and keep them emo.

of course there are the emo kids that have one eye. yes the one showing eye.

because this means they can check if you're ignoring on them. they need to check on it so they know theyre being ignored. these kind of emo kids aren't really emo, and aren't depressed at all. theyre just attention seekers. and they use the emo world as a way to get attention. of course they dont want the attention seeking to be noticed so they deny it all. and these emo kids you have to pay attention to the fact they are emo and they outwardly show their emoness (even though they arent emo theyre just using it as a front) and try to prove their emoness and say "i'm emo" and "i'm so sad and depressed" so you can pay attention to them and they can shy from it and say "ignore me im just a stupid loner loser emo nobody" and play on your attention to fuel their attention seeking ways.
of course no emo kid, fake or not, is truly depressed. not in a serious medical kind of depression sense. so please when giving attention to an emo, take this into account and give them something to be depressed about. like beating one around the head. because without something to whine about, you can't be truly emo.

as i've said, i've actually come to the conclusion emo doesnt actually exist. it's just a label that the wannabe kids stick on themselves in order to say "we're this, not like you...so there... we're outcasts and we're emo so yeah"

there are no emo bands, theyre just called emo, but there not emo theyre something else. you ask any band if theyre emo and theyre like "no we're not emo we're punk or metal or w/e" its just emo kids like that style and pull it under their emo badge.
Old 04-06-06   #9
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by patryn
so. i'm old and generally don't follow this type of shit. however i keep hearing emo this and emo that. my take, emo is goth with color.
ummm.... emo.... what the fuck is that??? an evil fucking smurf??? sounds like it....

is it just me or does goth with color defeat the whole purpose of oh so dark gawthie wawthie...... i mean its hard to be scared of a kid with day-glo orange hair and a light blue polo shirt...... ok.... maybe that would be a bit scary

S.O.D.

Old 04-06-06   #10
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by (antihero)

Old-school goth is fine, though.
DEATHROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

S.O.D.

Old 04-06-06   #11
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArSiNiK
emo is goth + myspace.
I thought those were ravers???

S.O.D.

Old 04-06-06   #12
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

ArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these parts
Credits: 28,581
if you want the real progression it goes; gawths turn into ravers after high school, then after eating a tons of pills ravers get all depressed and cry a lot. they create a myspace account and then turn emo to fit in with their new myspace friends.

it's a vicious cycle.

Old 04-06-06   #13
patryn
fuck off

why is tozzy still alive?

Old 04-06-06   #14
BlyssfulStorm
Comrads!!!!!!

BlyssfulStorm is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 65,457
Quote:
emo is goth + myspace.
don't forget the haircuts.
Old 04-06-06   #15
----LysoL----
4 12 06

----LysoL---- is on a distinguished road
Credits: 11,269
They're all deer to me.
Old 04-06-06   #16
----LysoL----
4 12 06

----LysoL---- is on a distinguished road
Credits: 11,269
And forest boars.
Old 04-07-06   #17
patryn
fuck off

you hit one on the highway?

Old 04-07-06   #18
Kendra
Darkness Incarnate

Kendra will become famous soon enough
Credits: 661,902
emo=depressant

people who whine and complaint about everything and any little thing. that listen to depressing music. i think that should cover it.
Old 04-07-06   #19
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Billy the Kidd will become famous soon enough
Credits: 419,441
Quote:
if you want the real progression it goes; gawths turn into ravers after high school, then after eating a tons of pills ravers get all depressed and cry a lot. they create a myspace account and then turn emo to fit in with their new myspace friends.

it's a vicious cycle.
Jesus its true! I was gawth in highschool sorta..not all wussy goth, look at my frilly laced shirt, but metal hardcore kind of goth...then in collich I started going to clubs like crazy, raver clubs and I got into that whole shebang... thank god I stopped there with the progression. Im not emo, I think I quit at raver.
Old 04-07-06   #20
harli
formerly Lilywhitemm

harli is on a distinguished road
Credits: 160,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendra
emo=depressant

people who whine and complaint about everything and any little thing. that listen to depressing music. i think that should cover it.

and dont forget the emo haircut. hair grown longish and combed over half the face. ohsoemo