Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Bush backed into a corner... and he did it to himself. Again.

Old 03-08-06   #1
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Wicked Lady is on a distinguished road
Credits: 653,700
Bush backed into a corner... and he did it to himself. Again.

After Bush stated he would flat-out veto any attempt at blocking the Dubais company from controlling our ports, Democrats and Republicans are attempting to tack on an amendment to the bill regarding Katrina and other relief funding.

So if Bush vetoes one, he vetoes them all. Interesting, ain't it?

Here's the thing. Is this company America-friendly? Sure. But is it in the country's best interest to employ Arabs at the most vulnerable parts of America? I don't know. But Bush did this to himself. After point blank saying that they're all out to kill us, he's now opening the doors. If we're supposed to get on board with sacrificing our personal freedoms for the sake of national security, what the fuck is he thinking by doing this? My problem isn't with the Arabs at the ports. My problem is with the blatant hypocrisy that's taking place for the sake of lining the pockets of the rich.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-06   #2
Iron's Rite
United States of Moronica

Location: "The forest folded it's branches around me, something passed by and I went into a dream." -Opeth
Iron's Rite is on a distinguished road
Credits: 253,465
At least it looks so outragous that its making people question his leadership for once.
[hildegard von bingen - ordo virtutum]
Old 03-08-06   #3
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,473
Duplicity is the currency of politics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.O.D.

Old 03-08-06   #4
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Bush is on a whole other plane right now. There's one thing that's bigger than any government in the world: money.

I simply can't figure out his angle. So the only thing I can come up with is that he's a money hungry tard.

Old 03-09-06   #5
Jordyn
paraphiliac

Jordyn is on a distinguished road
Credits: 825,096
bush has iraq completely under control...what is there to fear from those nations anymore?
Old 03-09-06   #6
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Hahaha. Jordyn.. I love you.

Old 03-09-06   #7
Jordyn
paraphiliac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Lady
Hahaha. Jordyn.. I love you.

i just don't understand if we went to war with iraq because of the threat they presented, why are other nations of the same mind set allowed to raise even bigger, more real threats?

what made saddam hussein so much more of a danger than the al quida, and why are they still out and about?

...are we really that much more safe; now that iraq is "out of the way"?

i don't see the point to it...i'd question the reasons for any president to have american soldiers die for a universal ideal, that so far has done nothing to ensure the safety of america, but to implement the same system of government to an enemy nation...

look what's happening to america...
Old 03-09-06   #8
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordyn

i just don't understand if we went to war with iraq because of the threat they presented, why are other nations of the same mind set allowed to raise even bigger, more real threats?

what made saddam hussein so much more of a danger than the al quida, and why are they still out and about?

...are we really that much more safe; now that iraq is "out of the way"?

i don't see the point to it...i'd question the reasons for any president to have american soldiers die for a universal ideal, that so far has done nothing to ensure the safety of america, but to implement the same system of government to an enemy nation...

look what's happening to america...
The bullshit of it all is that we go invade countries to implement democracy, and we were told we'd be greeted like heroes. Well we're not being greeted like heroes. We're being blown up. And the very system that our soldiers are dying to put in place, is the system that elected a terrorist group into power. And now that that has happened, we're turning our backs on Democracy and saying "fuck you". There is no easy solution to Iraq. We can't pull out. We can't stay in. It's bad all around, and there's no clear end in sight. I think Bush has bungled this badly.. not so much because we're there. But more because of his endless pro-war rhetoric. At least Genghis Khan admitted he was an asshole.

Back on the topic of national security... You don't have HBO, do you? You would probably enjoy Bill Maher's show. He had an excellent panel of guests not too long ago: Danny Glover, Irshad Manji, and Gary Hart. All 3 are from the "left", but they had a fantastic discussion regarding Iraq, Dubais, and Bush's love for lining his own pockets. This is one of my favorite quotes:

"But, excuse me, how would you think President Bush would feel if we said to him, 'Okay, let's have your Secret Service detail be taken over by the United Arab Emirates?' 'If it's okay for all of us, let's have the Arabs protect you, and just hope that ticking sound is Dick Cheney's pacemaker.'" – Bill Maher

Old 03-09-06   #9
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

thefr0g will become famous soon enough
Credits: 50,470,266
The ports wouldn't be taken over by UAE, the US Coast Guard still runs security. The ports were owned by Britain before, it makes the US look like jackasses to say that we support Arab nations and then to not allow an arab ally to run a business in the US.

Old 03-09-06   #10
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

It makes the US look like jackasses when we profile Arabs for the sake of national security, claim they're all out to kill us, and then open up our ports for their control.

Old 03-09-06   #11
Darkyin
Embracer Of The Dark

Darkyin is on a distinguished road
Credits: 4,993
*Nods to the thefr0g in a congenial manner making agreeing noises*

So this is what being a backbencher feels like.
Old 03-10-06   #12
Jordyn
paraphiliac

why do they have to be arab countries...what countries do the al quida occupy, can no other countries provide whatever goods they have?

i suppose america does need the money...oil still sells and labor is cheap in other nations...stimulating growth in some obscure manner for the less rich person.

...where does this all leave the average american in america today and in relation to the rest of the world?

they have americans frightened of the very people they are intending to do business with?

an average arabian would be subject to profiling and the threat of the homeland security act...for talking on the phone...and attacked with zealous fury...what makes the business men any different?

i think those representing humanity have some skewed ideals concerning what's best for humanity, and they keep us fighting among ourselves...what do they really want for the world?
Old 03-10-06   #13
Iron's Rite
United States of Moronica

Location: "The forest folded it's branches around me, something passed by and I went into a dream." -Opeth
Iron's Rite is on a distinguished road
Credits: 253,465
I don't think that they care, so long as they can continue to live their lives the way they are used to living them.
[hildegard von bingen - ordo virtutum]
Old 03-10-06   #14
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

Quote:
It makes the US look like jackasses when we profile Arabs for the sake of national security, claim they're all out to kill us, and then open up our ports for their control.
I dont recall any of our leaders claiming that all Arabs are out to kill us, and once again the ports wouldnt be under their control, all security would be handled by the Coast Guard.

Old 03-10-06   #15
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,473
Meh... they backed out anyways....

S.O.D.

Old 03-10-06   #16
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefr0g
I dont recall any of our leaders claiming that all Arabs are out to kill us, and once again the ports wouldnt be under their control, all security would be handled by the Coast Guard.

Dude. Read. I'm not saying I have an issue with it. I'm pointing out the holes in the logic. Once again, you can't profile Muslims and Arabs for the sake of national security and expect us to sacrifice our personal freedoms for the sake of national security if you're going to open up the ports for a foreign country. Arab or not. There's something wrong with that logic.

Old 03-10-06   #17
Jordyn
paraphiliac

Quote:
how much funding have they received for upping the security at american borders, how much coastal space is there around the united states?
Old 03-10-06   #18
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Billy the Kidd will become famous soon enough
Credits: 418,462
The ports thing is a moot point anyway, the UAE in an act of good faith is going to turn it over to an American Entity. God I hope its Halliburton, just to mess with the Dems.
Old 03-10-06   #19
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

Quote:
Dude. Read. I'm not saying I have an issue with it. I'm pointing out the holes in the logic. Once again, you can't profile Muslims and Arabs for the sake of national security and expect us to sacrifice our personal freedoms for the sake of national security if you're going to open up the ports for a foreign country. Arab or not. There's something wrong with that logic.
The ports were owned by Great Britain.... don't they count as foreign? You can argue that they are allies in the war on terror, but then again... so is UAE.

Old 03-10-06   #20
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Quote:
The ports were owned by Great Britain.... don't they count as foreign? You can argue that they are allies in the war on terror, but then again... so is UAE.

Quote:
.... expect us to sacrifice our personal freedoms for the sake of national security if you're going to open up the ports for a foreign country. Arab or not. There's something wrong with that logic.
?