Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page bars

Old 03-02-06   #1
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

ArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these parts
Credits: 28,466
bars

lets hear about your favorite bar.

mine is a little sports bar called bogeys. it's small, has a couple pool tables, darts, golden tee and most importantly a jukebox that you can download tunes onto. on the weekends it gets pretty busy, but it's never so bad that you can't order a drink. one of the main reasons i started going there is they only hire hot female bartenders, so no matter what night you show up, there's some eye candy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-06   #2
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,473
They have a jukebox you can download too....??? that is fuckin' cool....

I leave the shit bars to my wife and her friend.... they love to go to them.... though I did go to this one joint that was just a front for crack distribution.... that was fun fun
I kept wondering why the guy I was playing pool against was constantly chalking his stick and going to the bathroom every few minutes....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.O.D.

Old 03-02-06   #3
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Wicked Lady is on a distinguished road
Credits: 653,740
There's a bar I love in New Orleans called The Opium Den. It's this seedy little back alley place, members only. They've got mafia style booths, almost completely enclosed. All sorts of bad things happen there. Or good. Depending on perspective.

My second favorite bar is/was Florabama. It's in Orange Beach/Perdido Key, on the beach at the Alabama-Florida line. It got destroyed during Hurricane Ivan. But it's back open for business. It's a pretty famous bar. I'm sure some of you have heard of it. They do the mullet toss there every year. Not people mullets. Fish mullets. They haven't finished rebuilding it yet. But it used to have several stages, with a different live band playing in each section, 3 or 4 bars, massive dance floors, open air, and beach front.

Old 03-02-06   #4
Kendra
Darkness Incarnate

Kendra will become famous soon enough
Credits: 661,738
i don't have a favorite bar. just as long as it's a bar, it's fun, has alcohol, and plays good music. then i'm pretty much a happy person at any bar.
Old 03-02-06   #5
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

thefr0g will become famous soon enough
Credits: 50,470,342
My favorite bar is actually a microbrewery/restaurant called 75th Street Brewery. They have some of the best microbrews on earth, and their food is the bomb too. Unfortunately its a yuppie hangout, and not much good for chilling at for long periods of time. I don't actually have a favorite hangout bar, I've been cycling through a few recently but none have quite struck as the perfect one. I guess the hunt will continue.

Old 03-02-06   #6
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

ArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefr0g
and their food is the bomb too.
food is a joke at my bar. it's your choice of popcorn, hotdogs or peanuts.

Old 03-02-06   #7
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyshade
They have a jukebox you can download too....??? that is fuckin' cool....
yeah, i've seen them in a bunch of bars lately. the only downside is they can block certain bands or genres.

Old 03-03-06   #8
*SpaceGhost*
none

*SpaceGhost* is on a distinguished road
Credits: 111,939
Bradleys Billiards - a nice little hole in the wall.The usual beer,jukebox,pool,and darts.I used to stay there til 4am.Downside,only one hot waitress.Plus- got to know her.Downside- her jealous boyfriend started to hang out until she got off the clock.

Sidepockets - Alright,but not the best hangout.More for the younger crowd.

Slick Willies - This one has it all.Good food,all eye candy waitress cast,advanced jukebox,lots of room.
Old 03-03-06   #9
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

Quote:
Originally Posted by *SpaceGhost*
Sidepockets - More for the younger crowd.
younger? you're like 23... that only leaves 2 years younger than you.

Old 03-03-06   #10
Jordyn
paraphiliac

Jordyn is on a distinguished road
Credits: 825,096
depends what i want...

to go and dance, watch fights and drink nickel beer, it's scotty's

for something more upscale there's this excellent bar in bigfork called the garden, they do have a section that's almost garden like, free from a roof and all.

My favorite would be the sportsman, it's one of those i practically grew up with the ladies working there, and know the owner from being one of the favored town brats, so i always get buy one get one free drink deals, strong and sweet just how i like them.

and when i want to see the seedier side of this valley, it's bar hopping up the canyon. usually starting at the southfork bar and ending up at the dew drop inn. My favorite would be packer's up there though...bikers, cheap beer, drop shot specials with old friends and the best barbque bacon burgers in...well, out of town.

and I still get that...*loud exclamation of childhood nick name* "aren't you so and so's kid?"

it still fascinates my husband how often he witnesseses that when we're anywhere between columbia falls and glacier park.
Old 03-03-06   #11
crimsonnyte
A Bit of Luck

crimsonnyte is on a distinguished road
Credits: 109,389
Downtown blacksburg has quite a few little restuarants/bars. Being a college town there's got to be some bars right... The Cellar is supposed to be nice but I've personally only been to PK's because they have pool and good food. Plus, that's where my boyfriend's best friend and fiance always want to go. Regardless...I get to smoke and play pool, and Chris and I always kick ass because we're the pretty sober ones. (I always get to play DD since Im not 21 yet.) It's good, nearly clean fun.
Old 03-04-06   #12
*SpaceGhost*
none

*SpaceGhost* is on a distinguished road
Credits: 111,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArSiNiK
younger? you're like 23... that only leaves 2 years younger than you.
True.Unforunately that particular billiards/bar was open to the highschoolers,as it was located just down the street from the actual school.The other's I mentioned are 21+.
Old 03-04-06   #13
Metagion
Judgement At Last!

Metagion will become famous soon enough
Credits: 114,654
Club Hell is really cool.....loud music, Gothic/Industrial music all the time, good prices for the alcohol, and they have Fetish Night (in which my pal Leah is the night's "paddle girl".......she said she'd give me a free beating any time I wanted.)

Blake's Tavern is also cool.......they have pool, and great food; it's also right next door to one of my fave old book stores (Cellar Stories). The place is a sports bar, but I can forgive it that one thing........:lol:
Old 03-04-06   #14
masochist
Still Hungry

masochist is on a distinguished road
Credits: 195,580
I'm getting old now, so I'm not as much into my bar as I used to be - keen to stay home to drink more. But why was Rising Sun my fave bar? I think it was by default - My friends worked there therefore I drink for free. It's 2 minutes walk from my house and nice decor. It can be quiet - I've been the only customer in there many times - I used to take my books and study or draw with a drink those times Or it can be packed - the bar being 4-5 people deep. It is quite well structured though - female toilets near the entrance and male toilets at the back. Someone was thinking when the realised that females need easier access to the loo...

Oh, and they used to have FREE BEER on Thursdays. That has since stopped though, I think too many people knew about it. It was supposed to be for people in the know only, but how can you not tell your friends about FREE BEER Thursdays?

You can buy food there, but they actually get it from a restaurant a few doors down so it's not bar food it's restaurant food. Pizzas are around $12 which is the same the restaurant so it's not like the make much $ for it.

My only problem with it is that the staff don't have a key to the pool table and on slow nights, the bar makes all their cash off the staff playing pool.
Old 03-07-06   #15
Doktor Demo
King of The Anti-Smile

Doktor Demo
Credits: 16,962
There's this place over by University of Puget Sound called Magoo's Annex. They have good brew, hot bartenders, no rap, no country, no electronic/techno shit, and a juke box that only plays hard rock.

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near."-- Jim Morrison
Old 03-08-06   #16
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

that sounds like the perfect bar.

Old 03-11-06   #17
Mia~ow
Dark Misanthrope

Mia~ow will become famous soon enoughMia~ow will become famous soon enough
Credits: -2,625
My fave bar used to be The Manx Arms in town. It had wooden floors that you got stuck to, was full of old bikers and metalheads, had a free jukebox and a pool room upstairs where everyone used to smoke pot. Needless to say, it got raided on a few occasions and is now under new management and lacks character. The thing I miss most about it was the little sign on the ladies toilets that was written in biro and said 'wimmin'.

My fave bar now.... probably The Room because it's the only bar dedicated to Alternative music 7 days a week and they have decent live bands on.
Old 03-28-06   #18
IdleParis
The Way Out Is Through

IdleParis is on a distinguished road
Credits: 193,404
Hmmmmmmm...........bars...here's some links to my faves:

http://www.crobar.co.uk/

Wikkid, cheap drinks (for Central London) and it's open til late

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs...repid_Fox/Soho

This is a good metal/biker/goth haunt in Soho. Does get overly packed tho

http://fancyapint.com/mobile/pdathepubs/pdapub665.htm

My usual alternative to The Intrepid Fox. Generally punk, metal or alternative classics on the system. The staff are fab and now recognise me

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.eeriepubco.com/pub.php/ben_crouches/

Here's a spot of 'Disney Goth' in the heart of town. Also the meeting place of the LVG (London Vampire Group). Good giggle just off Oxford Street! They even serve chips in coffin shaped bowls LOL

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://devcamden.co.uk/

One of my locals and has strict Goth/alternative dress-code - fab!!! Good DJ's and VJ's as well!!

http://www.barflyclub.com/whatson/default.asp?vn=2

Another local is The Barfly - I know it's a chain and has club nights but it's also a reasonable pub - my drummer buddy Sam from Maleficent works there occassionally.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.theunderworldcamden.co.uk/

Yup, within 20 minutes from my home is The Underworld music venue and it's ground floor pub called The Worlds End - good vibe but can be too popular with posers.............and tourists!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

reckon I'd better stop there or all you'll think of me is nothing but an old lush..........

Last edited by IdleParis; 03-28-06 at 11:50.