Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Welcome > Socialize
Reload this Page Rites of Passage

Old 02-06-06   #1
Doktor Demo
King of The Anti-Smile

Doktor Demo
Credits: 16,962
Rites of Passage

This will most likely vary from one person to the next. Things like your first car, relationship, concert ect. Not to mention the things your parents put you through during your transition from child to adult. For me, it was stuff like my first boxing match, my first hunt, and my own copy of Peter Frampton Comes Alive. What about the rest of you?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near."-- Jim Morrison
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-06   #2
Qoji
Dark Q

Qoji is on a distinguished road
Credits: 79,924
Just learning things about the world
Old 02-25-06   #3
Mia~ow
Dark Misanthrope

Mia~ow will become famous soon enoughMia~ow will become famous soon enough
Credits: -2,625
I don't really remember anything that spurred me in to adulthood, I'm still quite childlike in the things that I love, I'm a great beleiver in that when you lose your inner child, you grow old mentally, and I never want that to happen.

The only thing that has made me a slight cynic, and perhaps made me grow up a little is realising that people you trust can betray you.
Old 02-26-06   #4
WildAngelOfEve
Dark Hippie

WildAngelOfEve is on a distinguished road
Credits: 24,900
I would honestly say having a child, because I was still a kid when I got pregnant with her, and the second she was born something changed in me, I didn't like the things I once liked, I didn't do the things I once did, and I stood up just a bit straighter...She changed my life, and the things that happend following her birth have furthered *sp?* my change into adulthood.
She was my rite of passage.
And I'd also have to say the day I walked out of my parents' house, thinking I was smarter than my abusive father, that I could take care of myself, then realizing that I didn't know how, but being brave enough to try and find out...well that is a rite of passage, in this area of the country at least...I dunno....I'll stop muttering now and be on my way...

Oh yes darling, I have bled.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-26-06   #5
Kendra
Darkness Incarnate

Kendra will become famous soon enough
Credits: 661,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia~ow
I don't really remember anything that spurred me in to adulthood, I'm still quite childlike in the things that I love, I'm a great beleiver in that when you lose your inner child, you grow old mentally, and I never want that to happen.

The only thing that has made me a slight cynic, and perhaps made me grow up a little is realising that people you trust can betray you.
i'm seriously 100% with MIA on this one. so in that case i don't really need to say anything to Doktor Demo's post. because it's all right here in mia's reply.
Old 03-07-06   #6
Doktor Demo
King of The Anti-Smile

Doktor Demo
Hmm...

Old 03-11-06   #7
Mia~ow
Dark Misanthrope

Mia~ow will become famous soon enoughMia~ow will become famous soon enough
Credits: -2,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktor Demo
Hmm...
Not quite the answers you were hoping for?
Old 03-11-06   #8
----LysoL----
4 12 06

----LysoL---- is on a distinguished road
Credits: 11,169
Dreaming about the void, hell on earth, black nothingness, that was the point when I began refusing to repent for my sins.
Old 04-06-06   #9
sephardic-male
Lurks in the Shadows

sephardic-male is on a distinguished road
Credits: 7,832
i don't believe in rites of passage

gothic music and eurodance music
Old 05-02-06   #10
Proteus
Face in the Mist

Proteus is on a distinguished road
Credits: 1,757
As you said, rites of passage vary from person to person, whether it be the first taste of victory, the first real pain, the first true challenge, the first bout of despair. Passage into adulthood is defined as innocence lost, and that starts as early as realizing that Santa and the Easter Bunny aren't real. But I think the true rite of passage for all people is that one moment in time when everything changed. When you finally hit that bully back, when you killed that dog attacking your little brother, when you saw that your hero had flaws, when you finally realized for yourself why you were still using the drug, when you first fell in love, etc. These things that have a profound impact on your life are your rites of passage, for they are what mold you into the man or woman that you are. "So many times, it's hopeless dark and gray. And other times, it's Hope that saves the day!"

Last edited by Proteus; 05-02-06 at 03:37.
Old 05-19-06   #11
Poe789
Face in the Mist

Poe789 is on a distinguished road
Credits: 1,334
the rights of passage are those that are meant to mean something but for me there are no rights that mean that much
Old 05-19-06   #12
sephardic-male
Lurks in the Shadows

it is rite not right

Old 05-21-06   #13
SilverNymph
A vision in pink

SilverNymph is on a distinguished road
Credits: 47,086
A rite of passage, for me, getting ill, so ill that I didn't believe that I would survive. Then surviving became an obsession, a goal, a task. I wasn't ready for the illness that hit me, I wasn't ready to die either. Fighting every step of the way, and even now not being sure if I won. That was my rite of passage, and still is. It started 2 years ago and has yet to end.
Old 05-24-06   #14
Doktor Demo
King of The Anti-Smile

Doktor Demo
Hmmm...

Old 06-07-06   #15
Lord-IVD
DM

Lord-IVD is on a distinguished road
Credits: 61,492
My right of passage was beating 100 video games !!
Old 06-07-06   #16
Kendra
Darkness Incarnate

Kendra will become famous soon enough
Credits: 661,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia~ow

i'm still with MIA on this one.
Old 06-07-06   #17
Nox noctis Umbra
Proud papa

Nox noctis Umbra is on a distinguished road
Credits: 96,032
I am kind of with Wild on this. I didn't really start acting like an adult till I found out that I had a daughter, which caught me completely off guard, nearly passing out from hyperventilating. Since then I have start being more and more and more independant, fucking up royally, to the point that I have to live with my dad till I can get things straightened out, and hopefully see my daughter
Old 06-13-06   #18
doebathory
the poet

Location: well the estate agent said it was a semi/det. des. res. in need of some work but to me it looks like a complete sht. hle.
doebathory is on a distinguished road
Credits: 185,622
A guy tried to abduct me when I was nine. That made me realise for the first time that there were scarier things than monsters in the world and that I needed to not be so damn blonde in order to avoid them.

Still not entirely convinced that there aren't monsters, though.

No...wait...I take that back...I have no problem with the horse you rode in on.
Old 06-18-06   #19
Doktor Demo
King of The Anti-Smile

Doktor Demo
*scratches chin* MMMMhhmmmmm....

Old 07-12-06   #20
sephardic-male
Lurks in the Shadows

and rites of passage are a tribal primitive mentality that don't belong in modern times