Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Entertainment
Reload this Page Prepare for a Zombie INVASION!!!!!

Old 11-09-05   #1
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Wicked Lady is on a distinguished road
Credits: 653,418
Prepare for a Zombie INVASION!!!!!

But don't do it by watching Land of the Dead. Every time I watch a zombie movie, I want to smack the crap out of the characters.

How dumb can you be?! You're going to hole up in a city after a zombie invasion. Fine. I can live with that. But if it's been 3 years or more since said zombie invasion, you'd think you'd fortify your walls with something a little better than electrically charged wire. Call me an alarmist, but even if I was surrounded on 3 sides by water, I'd STILL erect 20 foot high concrete walls around the entire area and post sharp-shooting guards along the walll. In fact, I wouldn't be in a city at all. I'd be better off in a smaller area, more easily defended, and with no more than 30 people in my party.

WL's Rules for a Zombie Invasion:

1. SHOOT FIRST. ASK QUESTIONS LATER. Always follow this rule. It doesn't matter if the zombie is your grandma. Shoot that bastard.

2. Always look above your head and behind your back.

3. Never wear headphones in zombie country, fewl.

4. Don't go back to the war zone to pick up something you've dropped, stating "It'll only take a second. I'll catch up." LIAR. YOU'LL GET EATEN.

5. Don't allow Dennis Hopper to rule your post-zombie invasion civilization. That mofo is crazy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-05   #2
Shadowborn
Grand Master Geek

Shadowborn is on a distinguished road
Credits: 239,393
They would have been better prepared if Hopper had purchased a copy of The Zombie Survival Guide.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I feel this way on DF...a lot.
Old 11-09-05   #3
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

There were a couple of things I didn't get about Land of the Dead..

Was it the IDEA of money that they were still clinging to? I doubt the Federal Reserve was still operational. Musta just been the notion of paper money... Weird.

You people really should be taking an eventual zombie invasion seriously. I'm already prepared with a strong contingency plan. I'm also prepared for foreign invasion (Red Dawn style), alien invasion, and worldwide plague (The Stand).

STICK WITH WICKED, AND YOU'LL NEVER GO FAR WRONG.

Old 11-09-05   #4
TwiztidClown
SERIAL KILLA

TwiztidClown
Credits: 13,562
Pick up the Zombie survival Guide Gives you every point and counterpoint to how to Combat the living dead
I said I was a serial killa, not perfect
It's not my fault that I can't be trusted
And people like me aren't all disgusted
Some will slit necks and into skull crushing
And killing people over next to nothing motherfucker

"Perfectus trustino prosum et scelus"
Old 11-09-05   #5
Shadowborn
Grand Master Geek

I'm guessing they still hung onto the whole concept of using money for goods. After all, most people don't really understand economics, the strength of the dollar, or the Federal Reserve. They understand that having a whole bunch of paper gets them stuff, including status. I was wondering where he thought he was going to spend all that cash myself, but meh...

I think the protagonist had the right idea...head out to the wide open spaces. Less population per square mile means less zombies to deal with. You get a big spread of acres with a wall or a high fence, grow you own food, maybe raise some chickens, put a hydroponic garden on the roof or in the basement...you're set.

You should check out that book though. A friend of mine let me borrow it and it's pretty funny but also very well thought out.

Me, I'm headed for Niihau. Privately owned island, total population 160. Less zombies, tropical weather, and yearlong beach access. Booya.

Old 11-09-05   #6
Shadowborn
Grand Master Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiztidClown
Pick up the Zombie survival Guide Gives you every point and counterpoint to how to Combat the living dead
You're a little slow on the draw there, Slick. I refer you to post #2...

Old 11-09-05   #7
TwiztidClown
SERIAL KILLA

TwiztidClown
Credits: 13,562
yeah but that a link to the offical site
I said I was a serial killa, not perfect
It's not my fault that I can't be trusted
And people like me aren't all disgusted
Some will slit necks and into skull crushing
And killing people over next to nothing motherfucker

"Perfectus trustino prosum et scelus"
Old 11-09-05   #8
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

thefr0g will become famous soon enough
Credits: 50,469,591
My God I hope it happens...

Old 11-09-05   #9
Pyrric Dicktory
fuck off

Pyrric Dicktory is on a distinguished road
Credits: 86,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Lady
But don't do it by watching Land of the Dead. Every time I watch a zombie movie, I want to smack the crap out of the characters.

How dumb can you be?! You're going to hole up in a city after a zombie invasion. Fine. I can live with that. But if it's been 3 years or more since said zombie invasion, you'd think you'd fortify your walls with something a little better than electrically charged wire. Call me an alarmist, but even if I was surrounded on 3 sides by water, I'd STILL erect 20 foot high concrete walls around the entire area and post sharp-shooting guards along the walll. In fact, I wouldn't be in a city at all. I'd be better off in a smaller area, more easily defended, and with no more than 30 people in my party.

WL's Rules for a Zombie Invasion:

1. SHOOT FIRST. ASK QUESTIONS LATER. Always follow this rule. It doesn't matter if the zombie is your grandma. Shoot that bastard.

2. Always look above your head and behind your back.

3. Never wear headphones in zombie country, fewl.

4. Don't go back to the war zone to pick up something you've dropped, stating "It'll only take a second. I'll catch up." LIAR. YOU'LL GET EATEN.

5. Don't allow Dennis Hopper to rule your post-zombie invasion civilization. That mofo is crazy.
they did have a quarintined zone underground ex-storage facility they turned into a bunker in "day of the dead." land of the dead wasnt as great as it could have been, but watch the first 3 and do your research before you start listing shit other people have done....zombie newb

night of the living dead-not so scary but, hey, its a classic
dawn of the dead-best one in my opinion...4 people find a mall and fortify it taking all the shit inside they need
day of the dead-a group of scientists and a company of men (now widdled down to probally a platoon)clash interests inside a self-reliant underground base in florda. the radius in which they're capable of flying in a helicopter is all dead and there is a mad scientist hacking zombie corpses...by far the most gory.

"...reward, reward sarah....that's the key..."

JUST ME AND YOU FOREVER.............................
Old 11-09-05   #10
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Hey, Gus. This was a thread about the fallacies of Land of the Dead. Why don't you get Mari to help you sound out the big words before you call me a zombie newb?

Old 11-10-05   #11
Pyrric Dicktory
fuck off

shut up, meghan

Old 11-10-05   #12
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Billy the Kidd will become famous soon enough
Credits: 418,203
You ever think about it realistically, a zombie invasion couldnt happen in the winter in colder states and couldnt possibly last through one. They would all freeze solid from exposure. Thier blood isnt warm, thier hearts dont beat, they are not producing body heat, and technically they arent supposed to be producing breath either.
Old 11-10-05   #13
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

If zombies eat flesh... why not just hide and starve 'em out, like they did in 28 Days Later?

I swear to Christ. People are so dumb.

Old 11-10-05   #14
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Quote:

Was it the IDEA of money that they were still clinging to? I doubt the Federal Reserve was still operational. Musta just been the notion of paper money... Weird.

You people really should be taking an eventual zombie invasion seriously. I'm already prepared with a strong contingency plan. I'm also prepared for foreign invasion (Red Dawn style), alien invasion, and worldwide plague (The Stand).

And what was with the fact that the zombies had breath steam in the cold? they should have went to great lengths IMO to remove them since zombies dont breath. Especially if they just walked through a river thier lungs would have filled with water if they were trying to breath. But I am lame when it comes to that shit.

And youre right I am prepared for a zombie, alien, riot invasion too. Got a military carry sack filled with dry food, medicine, matches, some hand guns and ammo, a big ass hunting bowie knife, combat boots, a heavy jacket, flashlight, and other essentials. Shit hits the fan I toss that fucker in my cars trunk and head to the wilderness up north.
Old 11-10-05   #15
Pyrric Dicktory
fuck off

if you think about it a fucking zombie invaision would never happen, bro. its a cool plot but to think the dead get up and walk around and eat people and rats and whatever they can find is propostorous. they're fucking dead!

Old 11-10-05   #16
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Quote:
If zombies eat flesh... why not just hide and starve 'em out, like they did in 28 Days Later?

I swear to Christ. People are so dumb.
Well they dont eat flesh to live, thier desire to eat flesh is actually an instinct. As shown in Day of the dead when he romoved 1 zombies stomach and it still wanted to eat him. And the things in 28 days later were not dead they were not zombies they were just infected crazed living humans.
Old 11-10-05   #17
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrric Dicktory
if you think about it a fucking zombie invaision would never happen, bro. its a cool plot but to think the dead get up and walk around and eat people and rats and whatever they can find is propostorous. they're fucking dead!
Yeah its why it nicknamed my SHTF bag not my zombie invasion bag. It'll be more useful if theres ever a nasty riot or a nuclear holocost on NYC. Thats why I put it together. But it can double back for alien or zombie invasion.
Old 11-10-05   #18
Pyrric Dicktory
fuck off

alright, saying an invaision is possible, first thing is to hit army/navy shop on main st. then head west to the 707 gun shop, tank up and head to canada.

Old 11-10-05   #19
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Quote:

They probably had thier own little economy. Driven by scare goods. Even small african tribes can pull this kind of money based economy. It just takes someone smart at the top to initiate it and to keep the need for money going.
Old 11-10-05   #20
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy the Kidd
Well they dont eat flesh to live, thier desire to eat flesh is actually an instinct. As shown in Day of the dead when he romoved 1 zombies stomach and it still wanted to eat him. And the things in 28 days later were not dead they were not zombies they were just infected crazed living humans.

My point was more to wait out their decomposition. Don't allow them to multiply by biting or whatever. Just wait it out.

As far as a zombie invasion being impossible... I disagree, Gussypants. Who is to say some government won't develop a virus that reanimates after death? Or like Billy said, in 28 Days Later, where the virus turns people into crazy zombie-like creatures.