Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Darkforum Support Forums > Support Forum
Reload this Page Becoming a MOD
Closed Thread

Old 01-20-04   #1
patryn
fuck off

patryn will become famous soon enoughpatryn will become famous soon enough
Credits: 171,553
can i mod the bitchboard?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jesus wants his fucking whistle.
is Offline  
Old 01-20-04   #2
(antihero)
N/A

(antihero) will become famous soon enough
Credits: 297,800
I'd ask to be a mod again, but I'm sure I'd be unable to hold myself back from participating in flame wars. They're too much fun. Actually, Lillith and I got into one, and she didn't get into trouble. She's been in flame wars with Billy too, and never got into trouble. ArSiNiK flames, and he doesn't get into trouble. Crypt never even posts, and he's still a mod. Beauty gets into flame wars, and she doesn't get into trouble (she rules, though). errantrogue has gotten into many a flame war with Billy, and he didn't get into trouble. Arcole almost never posts, and he's still a mod.

Hmmmm..... I'm thinking you should either amend those rules, or fire a bunch of mods
is Offline  
Old 01-20-04   #3
Lillith

You neglect to notice where the "flame wars" take place. The Bitch Forum is a no holds barred forum, which means anyone can say whatever they want to there. And just about every single mod at one stage or another has gotten into a fight. The Open Forum is an extention of the Bitch forum, which comes down to the same thing. Only on the rarest of incidents have mods involved themselves in fights outside of these two forums, but the situations were dealt with.

Old 01-20-04   #4
(antihero)
N/A

The rule wasn't exclusive; it didn't say that mods could flame in the Open Forum. If they can, then that should be stated. Otherwise, you should be ashamed of yourself.
is Offline  
Old 01-20-04   #5
(antihero)
N/A

That also doesn't tell me why people who seldom visit Darkforum get to be mods. Shouldn't they be replaced with more active members?
is Offline  
Old 01-20-04   #6
Lillith

Quote:
Originally Posted by (antihero)
The rule wasn't exclusive; it didn't say that mods could flame in the Open Forum. If they can, then that should be stated. Otherwise, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Getting involved with arguments are not always akin to "flame wars", but that is relative to personal interpretation and that is understood. I am not ashamed of myself, and I do not feel I have any reason to be. Just because I am a mod does not mean I cannot participate in an argument. If it affects my Modship duties and judgments then YES it is a problem, on its own it simply is what it is, an argument. And if you take it to be anything more than that then that is your perogative.

Should we name every exclusion that could possibly exist? In one partricular argument that took place on the Bitch forum between Billy and I it was pointed out that I was partaking in this argument, when Dyshade made it very clear that it was the Bitch forum and there is NO moderation there. You personally posted in that thread, it's not something that has been elusive, it's been an obvious factor hence why every fight was always sent to the Bitch Forum. The Open Forum has very specific guidlines, and they are stated pretty clearly. But it remains a largely undmoderated forum.

There is so much protest against the existence of moderators yet there is an expectation that we be less than or more than human. I am still a "poster" on this forum too, I do not get into fights with people outside of the open forums that allow it, and as a poster I have every right to reply to posts directed at me. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Never has any of my arguments with anyone in particular influenced my moderater duties, therefore I do not see a problem with responding to the arguments that take place.

Old 01-20-04   #7
Lillith

Quote:
That also doesn't tell me why people who seldom visit Darkforum get to be mods. Shouldn't they be replaced with more active members?

Inactive mods have already been removed.

Old 01-20-04   #8
Matter_Of_Shame
Awesome Andy's AWSUMfries

Location: Awesome Andy's Awesome Take-out Window...Of Awesomeness
Matter_Of_Shame is on a distinguished road
Credits: 48,842
whoa. yeah, i used to be a co-mod on the games board. though there's really no way to make that board ''popular.'' if only it were true, i'd totally be all over that action in the stuff and stuff
is Offline  
Old 01-21-04   #9
Uncletiggs
DF's Dirty 'ol Man
Admin

Uncletiggs will become famous soon enough
Credits: 218,114
Quote:
Crypt never even posts, and he's still a mod.
LOL get real, he is around as often as you... almost... and since when does post count make the mod?? If that were the case, Dy, Lill and Red would have the top three amount of posts ever known on this site..

Nice guys finish last
It isn't just a saying.. It's a fact of life!

Those things that produced your ex......you know, the bitchmakers! Metagion

If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is it considered rape or shoplifting?

You're not who you are, you're only what other people think you are

Your more Delusional than you think I am! {Duck Dodgers}
is Offline  
Old 01-21-04   #10
Evil Fred II
The Price is Wrong bitch!

Evil Fred II is on a distinguished road
Credits: 7,139
If I had time I would become a mod again, well actually, I probly wouldnt. I just not interested in any of the boards enough to do it. We need a board about something morbid, like disease, or death, or a stephen king board. I feel old.....
Old 01-21-04   #11
(antihero)
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darktiggr
LOL get real, he is around as often as you... almost... and since when does post count make the mod?? If that were the case, Dy, Lill and Red would have the top three amount of posts ever known on this site..
One of the rules was to increase forum activity by posting interesting stuff, etc. That doesn't seem to be happening. Crypt is awesome, but I think the rules need amending.
is Offline  
Old 01-21-04   #12
patryn
fuck off

no one answered my question. bastards.

is Offline  
Old 01-21-04   #13
(antihero)
N/A

Not everyone will be considered for modship. You're too much of a rabble-rouser to be a mod, and I can't be a mod anymore because i hate certain people in positions of power. it's okay though, patty... we can always start our own Justin Timberlake forum, and be admins.
is Offline  
Old 01-21-04   #14
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Billy the Kidd will become famous soon enough
Credits: 418,193
how bout the banged up job thos emods are doing keeping those kids under 18 out of the adult forum huh?
Old 01-21-04   #15
(antihero)
N/A

well, it's physically impossible for people under the age of 18 to gain access to those forums. I mean, it's not like you just have to click on a link or anything; there's all sorts of high-tech security scripts set up. People like velvet, for instance, would never get in.
is Offline  
Old 01-21-04   #16
waterRTBH
Darkness Incarnate

waterRTBH is on a distinguished road
Credits: 277,037
Quote:
Not everyone will be considered for modship. You're too much of a rabble-rouser to be a mod, and I can't be a mod anymore because i hate certain people in positions of power. it's okay though, patty... we can always start our own Justin Timberlake forum, and be admins.
You'll get lots of hatred there - betcha Brittany even signs up.

is Offline  
Old 01-21-04   #17
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Billy the Kidd will become famous soon enough
Credits: 418,193
Quote:
well, it's physically impossible for people under the age of 18 to gain access to those forums. I mean, it's not like you just have to click on a link or anything; there's all sorts of high-tech security scripts set up. People like velvet, for instance, would never get in.
i know i remember when i tried to log in, my CD rom tray popped out and this little camera came from inside my computer and gave me a retinal scan which it acessed from the governments files at the patriot act headquarters and made sure i was over 18.. i was pretty impressed at the set up DF has there.
Old 01-21-04   #18
(antihero)
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterbearer
You'll get lots of hatred there - betcha Brittany even signs up.
she'd probably marry me, and then divorce my ass 2 days later
is Offline  
Old 01-21-04   #19
(antihero)
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy the Kidd
i know i remember when i tried to log in, my CD rom tray popped out and this little camera came from inside my computer and gave me a retinal scan which it acessed from the governments files at the patriot act headquarters and made sure i was over 18.. i was pretty impressed at the set up DF has there.

Really? When I tried, the FBI instantly traced my IP address and contacted AT&T for my personal information. Within 15 minutes, I had black helicopters circling my house, and agents in full riot gear surrounding my house. They busted in, pressed the "back" button on my browser, and said "hey kid, never do that again."
is Offline  
Old 01-21-04   #20
patryn
fuck off

Quote:
which is why i'd be perfect for the bitch board and promoting my board.

but the timberlake forum sounds like a great idea. billy, earmuff it buddy.

ryan, we are going to get so much ass. i'm talking boy band ass.

is Offline  
Closed Thread