Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Entertainment
Reload this Page Any ideas, anyone?

Old 09-25-05   #1
Jobe

Any ideas, anyone?

I've recently been playing a game called Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy in the US) which is a movie styled kinda gritty horror/action adventure puzzle type game. It deals with adult themes and gameplay and I was wondering if anyone knew any other games out there in a similar vein.

I have a good top end PC but have never used it to play games with (got 3 good PC's and have never played anything more than chess on them) and wondered what was available for the PC that may be similar in style.

I'm looking for games that have adult themes and are all about the story and pulling you in deep into their world, rather than games where all you do is run around and shoot or develope magic skills and the like, think along the lines of Silent Hill and stuff.

Thanks,

Jobe
Old 09-26-05   #2
Lord-IVD
DM

Lord-IVD is on a distinguished road
Credits: 61,492
Good luck lol !
Old 09-26-05   #3
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Billy the Kidd will become famous soon enough
Credits: 418,452
Geek
Old 09-26-05   #4
Jobe

Awws I've been elevated to the level of Geek, I must be getting cooler

I finished Fahrenhiet last night, to me it seemed a little easy and too short, thou it is still a great game with some really cool moments.

So no one has any ideas then? I'm not really into the whole online gaming thing myself. Has anyone played any of the CSI or Law and Order games?
Old 09-26-05   #5
>FuckDoll<
hate hate hate

>FuckDoll< will become famous soon enough
Credits: -2,014
I've heard that the(or one of the?) CSI game(s) is cool. Not that I just helped you any. but yeah... and I like geeks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-05   #6
Jobe

You did in a way, I like watching CSI as it is and the local shop has a buy one get one free with the CSI and Law & Order games in that section, so I might just go and get them on Wednesday
Old 09-27-05   #7
DizzyQViper
I Wanna Rock!

DizzyQViper is on a distinguished road
Credits: 8,905
Whats wrong with silent hill? Thats about the only game besides undying that ever sucseeded in really scaring the shit out of me.
I'm talking about part one though, part 2 sucseeded in boring the shit out of me.

You can try Dues Ex wich has a pretty good storyline if your into conspirity stuff. Its an pretty old game so its easy on your comp too.
And yeah, undying, story and stuff is by clive barker so it cant get more horror then that. best played with the lights out by the way.
Old 09-28-05   #8
Jobe

I remember playing Undying about 4 years ago I think and being impressed with the way it looked. Thou if I remember rightly it was a FPS, yes?

I'm not really into them, the only ones I ever played right throu was the original Doom (and it ended up giving me bad dreams cos I played it so much) and the perfect Goldeneye, and ever since playing Turok for the N64 I've suffered motion sickness from most FPS's.

But thanks, I might see if I can find a cheap copy somewhere and give it a try...
Old 09-28-05   #9
errantrogue
which one, though?

errantrogue is on a distinguished road
Credits: 288,983
Silent Hill, man... particularly Silent Hill 2.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
Old 09-28-05   #10
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

thefr0g will become famous soon enough
Credits: 50,470,266
If you're into Star Wars at all, Knights of the Old Republic really had me hooked (as did Republic Commando, but its an FPS).

Old 09-29-05   #11
Jobe

I was saying not Silent Hill cos I've got 2 & 3...
Old 09-29-05   #12
DizzyQViper
I Wanna Rock!

DizzyQViper is on a distinguished road
Credits: 8,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe
I remember playing Undying about 4 years ago I think and being impressed with the way it looked. Thou if I remember rightly it was a FPS, yes?

I'm not really into them, the only ones I ever played right throu was the original Doom (and it ended up giving me bad dreams cos I played it so much) and the perfect Goldeneye, and ever since playing Turok for the N64 I've suffered motion sickness from most FPS's.

But thanks, I might see if I can find a cheap copy somewhere and give it a try...

Games in first person view have evolved since the N64. Besides not all of them involve just shooting various baddies and collecting keycards these days.

Dues Ex is played in first perspective but at least give it a try (altough theres even an option to play it from 3rd perspective if it really bothers you).
like i said its an old game so you can pick it up dirt cheap or download it for a mere 650 mb. Just try it, you might be pleasantly suprised and your faith in games played in first perspective might be restored.
Old 09-29-05   #13
Crypt
___

Crypt is on a distinguished road
Credits: 132,985
a couple of older games i enjoyed playing and well still do are Icewind dale series and Baldur's gate series.

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person

" It is easier to write words on water then to try to use argument on a christian"