Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page My~Thread: Angels&Demons&Dragons&Slayers&TheKingdomofHeaven

Old 08-14-05   #1
The_Game
Face in the Mist

The_Game is on a distinguished road
Credits: 4,589
My~Thread: Angels&Demons&Dragons&Slayers&TheKingdomofHeaven

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my thread so no spamming. Only post something which is relevant to the title: "Angels&Demons&Dragons&Slayers&TheKingdomofHeaven". No flaming please and no useless talk. Even if you're an atheist or don't believe in anything, you can still contribute here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to start the thread by stating an experience I had in my country here 10-12 years ago. It was an experience of going through an actual exorcism which was performed by an individual who claimed he had 120 helpers(spirits). He performed the exorcism in the sitting room while i watched from my bedroom scared shitless. The voices that were coming out of my aunt were deep and heavy and violent. Her eyes were completely white. The man took a knife, burned it on a candle for some time and then placed it on his tongue. After which he started reciting something and then he asked for a bedsheet. That was brought to him. He threw it over my aunt and punched her in the back while reciting the words and the voice gradually faded in a minute or so. Then the man claimed that his 120 helpers(he called them something which i cant remember) had gone and buried the evil on the ocean floor where the bermuda triangle lies. Believe it or not, but this is the exact experience as i can recall. I couldn't sleep that night.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-05   #2
The_Game
Face in the Mist

Exorcism in Russia - Recording (Extremely similar voice and tone to my experience)

http://paranormal.about.com/library/...n_exorcism.wma

Old 08-14-05   #3
The_Game
Face in the Mist

In the ancient Western world, particulary medieval Europe, it was believed that angels were arranged in hierarchical order. Perhaps because the angels were believed to continually sing praises of God, the levels of the angelic hierarchy came to be referred to as choirs.

In the sixth-century theologian Dionysius the Areopagite - and an outline by Thomas Aquinas was formed and arranged into the nine choirs, which are grouped into the three hierarchies (perhaps reflecting the Trinity)

The Nine Orders of Angels

According to Dionysus each name of the choir indicates its divine nature.
The name Seraphim means both "those that burn" and "those that warm." The seraphim are in continous revolution around God, thus the heat they emit is like lightning.

The highest order, the six-winged ones, surround the throne of God, singing ceaselessly,they are angels of love, light, and fire. The name Cherubim means "fullness of knowledge" or effusion of wisdom." This choir has the power to know and contemplate God, and the capacity to understand and communicate divine knowledge.

The guardians of the fixed stars, keepers of celestial records, bestowers of knowledge. In the Talmud cherubim are equated with the order of wheels, also called ophanim. Chief rulers are Ophaniel, Rikbiel, Zophiel, and, before his fall, Satan. The term Thrones, or the "many eyed ones," is and indication of their close prozimity to the throne of God. This is the order closest to God and they receive directly from him divine perfection and awareness.

Bring God's justice to us. They are sometimes called wheels and in the Jewish Kabbalah,CHARIOTS or the MERKABAH. The occult book, the Zohar, ranks wheels above seraphim, but other sources place them as cherubim, the whole thing being confused. The ruling prince is Oriphiel or Zabkiel or Zaphiel. The holy Dominions have the power to elevate themselves and are liberated from all earthly desires and yearnings. It is their job to regulate the duties of the angels.

Regulate angelic duties. Through them is manifested the Majesty of God. They hold an orb or sceptre as an emblem of authority, and in Hebraic lore, the chief of this order is named Hashmal or Zadkiel. The name of the Virtues indicate a firm and steadfast courage in all angelic activities. Known as the "brilliant" or "shining ones," the virtues are assoicated with acts of heroism.

Work miracles on earth. They are bestowers of grace and valor. The Powers are on the same level as the dominions and virtues and possess the power and intelligeane that is subordinate only to God. They keep the universe in balance. Camael is believed to be "chief" of this choir.

Stop the efforts of demons to overthrow the world, or else they preside over demons,or perhaps (according to St. Paul) they are themselves evil. Ertosi, Sammael, or Camael (depending on source)is chief of the Powers. The Principalities are the legions of angels who protect religions. They provide strength to the tribes of Earth to pursue and endure their faith. Among those considerend "chief" of the principalities are Nisrock, origanally and Assyrian deity considered in occult writings to be the chief chef to the Demon Princes of Hell; and Anael, one of the seven angels of creation.

Protectors of religion. Nisroc, in Milton, is "of principalities the prime," and others, according to various sources,are named Requel, Anael, and Cerviel. The Archangels are "messenger which carry Divine Decrees." They carry God's messages to human and are ultimatels in command of God's armies of angels who constantly battle the Son of Darkness, with Michael at the helm.

While Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael are generally agreed to be three of the seven archangels, the idenity of the other four is subject to debate. Possible candidates are Urile, Raguel, Zadkile,Saraqael, Remile, Anael, Orifiel, Uzziel,, Raziel, and Metatron. The Koran only recognizes four and actually names only two, Djibril (Gabriel) and Michael.

Guardians of people and all physical things. The order of Angels is closest to human kind. It is the job of this order to act as guardians and messangers, and at its helm is placed Michael, prince of the Jewish people, who leads all the angels in their post and guardians of nations. In fact, according to Dionysius, God established the boundaried of the nations according to the number of angels.
Guardians of people and all physical things.

Last edited by The_Game; 08-14-05 at 05:35.
Old 08-14-05   #4
The_Game
Face in the Mist

The Book of Urizen

CHAPTER I

1Lo, a shadow of horror is risen
2In Eternity! Unknown, unprolific,
3Self-clos'd, all-repelling: what demon
4Hath form'd this abominable void,
5This soul-shudd'ring vacuum? Some said
6"It is Urizen." But unknown, abstracted,
7Brooding, secret, the dark power hid.
8Times on times he divided and measur'd
9Space by space in his ninefold darkness,
10Unseen, unknown; changes appear'd
11Like desolate mountains, rifted furious
12By the black winds of perturbation.

Old 08-14-05   #5
The_Game
Face in the Mist

Enlightenment -- What Is It?
by Osho

Enlightenment is finding that there is nothing to find. Enlightenment is to come to know that there is nowhere to go. Enlightenment is the understanding that this is all, that this is perfect, that this is it. Enlightenment is not an achievement, it is an understanding that there is nothing to achieve, nowhere to go. You are already there -- you have never been away. You cannot be away from there. God has never been missed. Maybe you have forgotten, that's all. Maybe you have fallen asleep, that's all. Maybe you have gotten lost in many, many dreams, that's all -- but you are there. God is your very being.

So the first thing is, don't think about enlightenment as a goal, it is not. It is not a goal; it is not something that you can desire. And if you desire it you will not get it. In desiring a thousand and one things, by and by you come to understand that all desire is futile. Each desire lands you in frustration; each desire again and again throws you into a ditch.

This has been happening for millions of years but again you start hoping, again you start thinking that this new desire that is arising, sprouting in you, will maybe lead you to paradise. That this will give you what you have longed for, that it will fulfill you. Again and again hope arises.

Enlightenment is when all hope disappears. Enlightenment is disappearance of hope.

Don't be disturbed when I say that enlightenment is a state of hopelessness -- it is not negative. Hope arises no more; desire is created no more. Future disappears. When there is no desire there is no need for the future. The canvas of the future is needed for the desire. You paint your desires on the canvas of the future -- when there is nothing to paint, why should you carry the canvas unnecessarily? You drop it. When there is nothing to paint, why should you carry the brush and the color tubes? They come from the past. The canvas comes from the future and the color and brush and technique, and all that, comes from the past. When you are not going to paint you throw away the canvas, you throw away the brush, you throw away the colors -- then suddenly you are here now.

This is what Buddha calls chittakshana -- a moment of awareness, a moment of consciousness. This moment of consciousness can happen any moment. There is no special time for it, there is no special posture for it, there is no special place for it -- it can happen in all kinds of situations. It has happened in all kinds of situations. All that is needed is that for a single moment there should be no thought, no desire, no hope. In that single moment, the lightning....

One day Chikanzenji was mowing down the weeds around a ruined temple. When he threw away a bit of broken tile it clattered against a bamboo tree. All of a sudden he was enlightened. Whereat he sang:

Upon the clatter of a broken tile
All I had learned was at once forgotten.
Amending my nature is needless.
Pursuing the task of everyday life
I walk along the ancient path.
I am not disheartened in the mindless void.
Wheresoever I go I leave no footprint
For I am not within color or sound.
Enlightened ones everywhere have said:
"Such as this is the attainment."

This poor monk, Chikanzenji, had been working for at least thirty years. He was a hard seeker; he was a very, very honest and sincere and serious seeker. He practiced all that was told to him, he visited many masters, he lived in many monasteries. He did all that was humanly possible. He practiced yoga, he practiced zazen, he did this and that -- but all to no avail. Nothing was happening; in fact, his frustration was growing more and more. The more the methods failed, the more and more frustrated he became.

He had read all the Buddhist scriptures -- there are thousands of them. It is said about this Chikanzenji that he had all these scriptures in his room, and he was constantly reading, day and night. And his memory was so perfect he could recite whole scriptures -- but still nothing happened.

Then one day he burned his whole library. Seeing those scriptures in the fire he laughed. He left the monastery, he left his guru, and he went to live in a ruined temple. He forgot all about meditation, he forgot all about yoga, he forgot all about practicing this and that. He forgot all about virtue, sheela; he forgot all about discipline, and he never went inside the temple to worship the Buddha.

But he was living in that ruined temple when it happened. He was mowing down the weeds around the temple -- not a very religious thing to do. Not anything specific, not anything special, just taking the weeds out. When he threw away a bit of broken tile, it clattered against a bamboo tree -- in that moment, chittakshana, the moment of awareness, happened. In that very clattering of the tile against the bamboo, a shock, a jerk happened and his mind stopped for a moment. In that very moment he became enlightened.

How can one become enlightened in one single moment? One can, because one is enlightened -- one just has to recognize the fact. It is not something that happens from the outside, it is something that arises from the inside. It has always been there but you were clouded, you were full of thoughts.

Chikanzenji burned all the scriptures. That was symbolic. Now he no longer remembered anything. Now he had forgotten all search. Now he no longer cared. Unconcerned, he lived a very ordinary life -- he was no longer even a monk. He had no pretensions anymore, he had no ego goals any more. Remember, there are two kinds of ego goals: the worldly and the otherworldly. Some people are searching for money; some people are searching for power, prestige, pull. Some people are searching for God, moksha, nirvana, enlightenment -- but the search continues. And who is searching? The same ego.

The moment you drop the search, you drop the ego also. The moment there is no seeking, the seeker cannot exist.

Just visualize this poor monk -- who was no longer a monk -- living in a ruined temple. He had nowhere else to go, he was just clearing the ground -- maybe to put some seeds there for vegetables or something. He came across a tile, threw it away, and was taken unawares. The tile clattered against the bamboo tree and with the sudden clattering, the sudden sound, he becomes enlightened.

And he said: Upon the clatter of a broken tile / All I had learned was at once forgotten.

Enlightenment is a process of unlearning. It is utter ignorance. But that ignorance is very luminous and your knowledge is very dull. That ignorance is very alive and luminous, and your knowledge is very dark and dead.

He says, All I had learned was at once forgotten. In that moment he knew nothing. In that moment there was no knower, in that moment there was no observer -- just the sound. And one is awakened from a long sleep.

And he says, Amending my nature is needless. That day he felt that he was just struggling unnecessarily. Amending my nature is needless. You need not amend yourself, you need not improve yourself -- that is all just tommyrot! Beware of all those who go on telling you to improve yourself, to become this or to become that, to become virtuous. Who go on telling you that this is wrong, don't do it; that this is good, do it; that this will lead you to heaven and this will lead you to hell. Those who go on telling you to amend your nature and improve upon yourself are very dangerous people. They are one of the basic causes for your not being enlightened.

Nature cannot be amended; it has to be accepted. There is no way to be otherwise. Whosoever you are, whatsoever you are, that's how you are -- that's what you are. It is a great acceptance. Buddha calls it tathata, a great acceptance.

Nothing is there to be changed -- how can you change it, and who is going to change it? It is your nature and you will try to change it? It would be just like a dog chasing its own tail. The dog would go crazy. But dogs are not as foolish as man. Man goes on chasing his own tail, and the more difficult he finds it the more he jumps and the more he tries and the more and more bizarre he becomes. Nothing has to be changed, because all is beautiful -- that is enlightenment. All is as it should be, everything is perfect. This is the most perfect world, this moment lacks nothing -- the experience of this is what enlightenment is.

Old 08-14-05   #6
The_Game
Face in the Mist

|3 u d d ha

Near the end of his six-year fast, Gotama was reduced to a skeleton, his limbs were blackened, knotty stems, his ribs stuck out like the beams of an old shed, and his spine could be grasped from the front. His head resembled a withered gourd, his eyes were glazed as the water on the bottom of a nearly dry well, and his skin was the color of cremation ashes. No longer human in form, he was taken for a dust demon by the village children, who cast garbage on him.

After six years of search, Gotama had reached the maximum teansion of the search. Both his endeaver and effort had reached the extreme. Finally, he collapsed and was left for dead.

Gotama slowly regained consciousness, dragged himself to the river, and washed away six years of grime and filth. A village girl gave him a nourishing bowl of payasa (a costly food that contains rice cooked with milk and mixed with crystal sugar and fragrant spices) which restored and refreshed the exhausted seeker.

Gotama's mind and body were in proper balance for the first time in his life. He dropped everything now - the world he had already left six years ago; now he left sannyas also. He had left all sorts of pleasures before and he had waste six years in practicing yoga; now he left that too.

Now Gotama decided that he would not do anything further and that he would not search any longer. He simply understood that nothing was going to be achieved. That night he went to sleep under a tree. That was the first night in may lifetimes that he had slept in such a way as if nothing existed to be done the next morning - there was no desire for tomorrow, there were no goals remaining. And there really was nothing left to be done. He had already left his kingdom, his family and any planning about the world; he had begun another plan of life, and that too had failed. Now there was nothing to do. If he woke up tomorrow morning, good; if he did not wake up, that too would be good. If he lived on, it made no difference; if he died, it made no difference - all was the same. There was absolutely nothing left to be done tomorrow morning, there simply was no meaning in tomorrow for him any longer. The question had been "What will I do if I am here in the morning?" Up to now there was doing and doing and doing, but now there was nothing to be done at all.

Gotama slept that night so free of any purpose that there was no idea what he would do if he woke up in the morning. The sun would rise, the birds would sing, but what would he do? And there is a void as the answer.

Gotama went sleep that night. Deep inside him was a void. In that morning, his eyes opened. It was said that he did not open the eyes, but they opened on their own. His eyes were tired of remaining closed; they had been closed the whole night and now the resting was complete and the eyelids opened to their own.

Inside Gotama was a void. In such a void he saw the last morning star setting, and in that seeing became enlightened. Along with that disappearing star disappeared the whole past of Gotama. Along with that disappearing star the whole journey, the whole search disappeared.

Gotama exclaimed, "For the first time I saw a star setting in the sky - my eyes are open. What I could not attain through incessant search was attained that night without any searching. What could not be attained by running after it was attained that night just sitting, just lying down. What could not be attained with effort was attained that night with restfulness." Gotama was then the Buddha.

Old 08-16-05   #7
The_Game
Face in the Mist

During deep meditation, this eye becomes visible in the middle of the forehead. The eye is omniscient and is mentioned in various scriptures as the third eye, the star of the East, inner eye, dove descending from heaven, eye of Shiva, eye of intuition.

It is described by Paramahansa Yogananda in "AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF A YOGI". These are the instructions for the Third Eye Meditation.

"It is best to do this when you have an hour to be alone. Turn off all lights in the room. Sit in a comfortable chair and relax. Music is optional and should be soft and uplifting. Open with your favorite prayer. If you don't have one you may use one of mine: 'Heavenly Father, Divine Mother, Jesus Christ, Krishna, Mohammed, Moses, Confucius, Saints and Sages of all religions, we humbly bow to you all. May thy love shine forever on the sanctuary of our devotion; and may we be able to awaken they love in all hearts, everywhere. OM, PEACE, SHANTI, AMEN'." [Paramahansa Yogananda]

Light incense if this makes you feel better. Look at the Picture of the Vision of the Third Eye. Allow the attention to flow toward the star in the center of the picture. Count slowly to 144. Then close the eyes and count to 144 again. You may notice an image appear with your eyes closed, but the colors are reversed. Continue flowing the attention into the space inside the circle. See if you can see the star. Keep looking between the eyebrows if you cannot yet see anything. After counting to 144, open the eyes and look at the picture again. Focus your eyes on the center star. notice how fringes may seem to move. let them. but continue to flow your attention toward the center. Count to 144 looking at the star in the center. Close the eyes and count to 144 continuing to look at the Inner Light. Open the eyes and count to 144. Do not be distracted by anything at this time. You may see the picture move.

Those who go into the golden ring will be in the Astral, dream world of the 4th dimension. You can even travel to the astral worlds and visit astral beings. "When you enter the dark blue middle of the Third Eye, you will be in the Causal World, the 5th dimension, known to your religions as Heaven. Here you will meet with all the Saints and Sages who have gone before you. When you penetrate the star in the middle you will meet The Christ.

The Third Eye is a door, or opening, or vortex.

Old 08-16-05   #8
harli
formerly Lilywhitemm

harli is on a distinguished road
Credits: 160,427
i like your outlook on Buddhism and enlightenment.
Old 08-18-05   #9
The_Game
Face in the Mist

The Lost Zodiac Signs

The Lyre of Orpheus
Dec 29 - Jan 13

Your sign beyond the zodiac is Lyra, the lyre of the great musician, Orpheus, whose music tamed wild beasts, caused rivers to stop flowing and enchanted even Hades, the Lord of the Dead. The lyre is a symbol of the link between heaven and earth. Romantic, creative and imaginative, you can do almost anything you want to do - so long as you resist the temptation to get lost in dreams, or to yearn too much for what is past.

Plant - The Elm
Jewels - Peridot or Chrysolite
Location - Vega, the Harp Star, is the brightest star in Lyra, which lies next to Cygnus, the Swan, as it flies, with wings outstretched, along the Milky Way

The EAGLE
January 14 - 28

Your sign beyond the zodiac is Aquila, the Eagle, the symbol of the soaring intellect and astrology. At the funerals of the Caesars, during the great days of Rome, a captive eagle was released into the sky. It symbolised the Emperor's soul, free, at last, to join the gods. No one can compete with you on a mental level, as the sheer speed of your thoughts leaves others standing. But you are also passionate and intense, and, if you are not careful, you can leave your real self and feelings far behind.

Plant - Eyebright
Jewel - Quartz
Location - The brightest stars of these three constellations make up the great 'Summer Triangle', which dominates the northern Summer skies.

The SWAN
February 9 - 29

Your sign beyond the zodiac is Cygnus, the Swan, which was sacred to the Greek god of poetry, Apollo. 'In its own person, the Swan hides a god and the voice belonging to it', wrote the Roman astrologer, Manilius. The swan is a shape shifter, and stories of swan maidens, and of humans transformed into swans, abound in myth and folklore. Passive and contemplative, you can play any role the world imposes on you, but anyone who thinks that they can pin you down is doomed to fail. The swan is a symbol of personal growth and transformation and it is through playing many roles that you discover your real self and come into your own.

Plant - Poplar and Narcissus
Jewel - Moss Agate
Location - The Swan flies, with wings outstretched, along the Milky Way towards the northern pole.

The RIVER
March 1 - 12
April 10 - 18/ May 19 - 15

Your sign beyond the zodiac is Eridanus, the celestial stream, called the 'River of Night' in Babylon. Life and time, flowing from an unknown source, were envisaged in the ancient world as a great river, welling up from the beyond - from paradise and the timeless Islands of the Blessed. For you, life is an adventure - a great journey to experience as many aspects of existence as you can. You have many moods - and hidden depths - making you harder to understand than you may first appear.

Plant - Poplar
Jewel - Amber
Location - The stars of the River wind down from Orion's feet towards the south celestial pole.

Pegasus
March 13 - April 1

Your sign beyond the zodiac is Pegasus, the white, winged horse with a mane of gold, which caused the Muses' fountain of poetic inspiration to start flowing. It was on the back of Pegasus that the famous hero, Perseus, rode through the skies to rescue the chained princess, Andromeda, from the jaws of a sea monster. Pegasus also helped to overcome the Chimaera, the age-old symbol of illusion. Horses are sacred to the Moon, and it is the moonlit realm of imagination, visions, dreams and intuitions where you feel most at home. This is one of the most creative of the ancient signs, and once you learn to use your talents in the real world, there is little you cannot achieve.

Plant - Moonwort
Jewel - Jacinth
Location - The stars of the 'Great Square' of Pegasus lie between Andromeda, the Chained Princess and Cygnus, the Swan.

ANDROMEDA
April 2 - 9
April 19 - May 8

Your sign beyond the zodiac is Andromeda, the princess chained as a sacrifice for her country, to appease her mother's sins. She was rescued by the glittering hero, Perseus, from the jaws of a sea monster. Andromeda - which means 'the ruler of men' - standing naked and bedecked with jewels on the sea shore, was originally an ancient love goddess. Sensitive and emotional by nature, the influence of your family background - and your liberation from it - are life themes.

Plant - Andromeda (Andromeda polifolia)
Jewel - Pearl
Location - The stars of Andromeda lie between Pegasus and Perseus.

The RIVER
March 1 - 12

Your sign beyond the zodiac is Eridanus, the celestial stream, called the 'River of Night' in Babylon. Life and time, flowing from an unknown source, were envisaged in the ancient world as a great river, welling up from the beyond - from paradise and the timeless Islands of the Blessed. For you, life is an adventure - a great journey to experience as many aspects of existence as you can. You have many moods - and hidden depths - making you harder to understand than you may first appear.

Plant - Poplar
Jewel - Amber
Location - The stars of the River wind down from Orion's feet towards the south celestial pole.

ANDROMEDA
April 2 - 9
April 19 - May 8

Your sign beyond the zodiac is Andromeda, the princess chained as a sacrifice for her country, to appease her mother's sins. She was rescued by the glittering hero, Perseus, from the jaws of a sea monster. Andromeda - which means 'the ruler of men' - standing naked and bedecked with jewels on the sea shore, was originally an ancient love goddess. Sensitive and emotional by nature, the influence of your family background - and your liberation from it - are life themes.

Plant - Andromeda (Andromeda polifolia)
Jewel - Pearl
Location - The stars of Andromeda lie between Pegasus and Perseus.

The RIVER
March 1 - 12

Plant - Poplar
Jewel - Amber

PERSEUS
May 16 - 31

Your sign beyond the zodiac is Perseus, the glittering, air-borne hero who cut off the gorgon's head. Riding through the Aegean skies on the winged horse, Pegasus, he also saved Andromeda from a sea monster. Perseus was conceived by a shower of gold, and, when his constellation rises, a shower of shooting stars streams towards us from his constellation. Witty and fast moving, your curiosity know's no bounds. Once you have come to terms with the instinctive side of life, you become a great force for the good.

Plant - Christmas Rose
Jewel - Diamond
Location - The stars of Perseus form a 'Y', which lies near to Cassiopeia and Andromeda. .

ORION June 1 - 7
June 17 - 27
Your sign beyond the zodiac is Orion, the Golden Huntsman, with his glittering belt of stars. Loved by Artemis, the goddess of the crescent moon and by the goddess of the dawn, Orion was a giant so tall that he could wade across the deepest ocean with his head above the water. Everything about Orion is on the grand scale, and you need space and freedom - and contact with wild nature - to feel happy and fulfilled. Truthful and direct, you can feel let down by less straightforward people, but your resilience and faith in life always help you to bounce back - and to gain a deeper understanding of the world.

Plant: Martagon Lily (Lilium martagon)
Jewels: Emerald and opal. Orion was worshipped in Babylon as the god who created precious stones.
Location: Orion lies south of Taurus and Gemini on the celestial equator.

THE CHARIOTEER
June 8 - 16

Your sign beyond the zodiac is Auriga, the Charioteer, the adopted human son of the Greek goddess of wisdom, Athene. He was the inventor of the horse drawn chariot and reigned in Athens three and half thousand years ago, where he introduced the use of silver. In the skies, he holds the goat whose horn was the original 'cornucopia' - the Horn of Plenty. Your gift for bringing order out of chaos - and for mediating between people makes you a civilising, life-enhancing force in any group you may belong to.

Plant - Mint
Jewel - Mandrake
Location - The stars of Auriga lie due north of Orion

ORION June 1 - 7
June 17 - 27
Your sign beyond the zodiac is Orion, the Golden Huntsman, with his glittering belt of stars. Loved by Artemis, the goddess of the crescent moon and by the goddess of the dawn, Orion was a giant so tall that he could wade across the deepest ocean with his head above the water. Everything about Orion is on the grand scale, and you need space and freedom - and contact with wild nature - to feel happy and fulfilled. Truthful and direct, you can feel let down by less straightforward people, but your resilience and faith in life always help you to bounce back - and to gain a deeper understanding of the world.

Plant: Martagon Lily (Lilium martagon)
Jewels: Emerald and opal. Orion was worshipped in Babylon as the god who created precious stones.
Location: Orion lies south of Taurus and Gemini on the celestial equator.

THE DOGS
June 28 - July 7
July 18 -25

You were born under the two dog stars, Sirius and Procyon, which follow the great huntsman, Orion, through the skies. Dogs, in myth, are the guardians of the paths of the unknown, sacred to both Artemis, the virgin goddess of the hunt and Hecate, queen of the night and of witches. Your well-developed intuition makes you an unerring judge of others and their motives.

Plant - Marigold and Mugwort
Jewel - Beryl and Agate
Location - Canis Major and Canis Minor lie close to Orion

SHIP OF THE ARGONAUTS July 8 - 17 & Sept 22 - 28

Your sign beyond the zodiac is Argo, the great ship which carried Jason and the Argonauts to find the Golden Fleece. The ship, built with the help of Athene, the Greek goddess of wisdom, contained a piece of 'truth speaking' oak to guide them on their journey. This is one of the most gifted and adventurous of the ancient signs and life is easy for you. But because you have so many talents, you can, at times, be tempted to abandon your true path towards your inner goal.

Plant - Oak
Jewel - Sapphire
Location - Carina, Vela and Puppis, the three modern constellations which make up the ancient Argo, lie south of Sirius, the Dog star, towards the southern pole.

THE DRAGON
July 2 - Aug 7
Dec 17 - 23

Your sign beyond the zodiac is Draco, the Dragon coiled around the north celestial pole, which is the symbolic doorway between time and eternity. This is the dragon which guards the golden apples of immortality. It is also the ultimate creative power. You are complex and creative, with a great love of beauty and perfection. You prefer to spend your time looking and learning, rather than being in the stream of life, but you are also passionate and intense, and close relationships mean much to you.

Plant - Tarragon
Jewel - Magnet, Lodestone
Location - The stars of Draco lie between Ursa Major, The Great Bear and Cygnus.

THE GREAT BEAR
Aug 8 - 15
Aug 24 - Sept 10

Your sign beyond the zodiac is Ursa Major, the Great Bear (also known as the Plough and the Big Dipper), which circles round the north celestial pole. It was respected by the ancients as the only constellation which never sets into the ocean stream. You are a natural leader, and your breadth of vision and wide-ranging interests make you an all rounder. You may delegate the minor chores details of existence easily to others, but you still respect their freedom, as you, too, need your space.

Plant - Willow
Jewel - Moonstone
Location - The Great Bear is the brightest constellation in the

THE SEA SERPENT August 16 - 23

Your sign beyond the zodiac is Hydra, the Sea Serpent, the longest constellation in the skies. The Sea Serpent is the symbol of Nammu, the Sumerian Great Mother Goddess, who personified the primordial ocean from which all life emerged. Sensuous and aesthetic, you have your own code of morals and you live life by your rules. You are also tolerant of others - as you see it, life is far too precious to waste time on being disapproving or unkind.

Plant - Seal Holly
Jewel - Lapis Lazuli
Location - The stars of Hydra lie south of Virgo and Leo

THE GREAT BEAR
Aug 8 - 15
Aug 24 - Sept 10

Your sign beyond the zodiac is Ursa Major, the Great Bear (also known as the Plough and the Big Dipper), which circles round the north celestial pole. It was respected by the ancients as the only constellation which never sets into the ocean stream. You are a natural leader, and your breadth of vision and wide-ranging interests make you an all rounder. You may delegate the minor chores details of existence easily to others, but you still respect their freedom, as you, too, need your space.

Plant - Willow
Jewel - Moonstone
Location - The Great Bear is the brightest constellation in the northern heavens.

The Cup
Sept 11 -21

Your sign beyond the zodiac is Crater, the Cup, or Goblet of the wine god, Bacchus. It has also been seen as the Holy Grail and the Indian cup of Soma, which gives the poet 'supernatural power, so that he feels himself immortal'. You are sociable and easy going, always looking for the good times, but as life goes on you take a far more serious approach. Deep down, your quest is for real astrological fulfillment and a meaningful relationship with others.

Plant - Ivy and Vine
Jewel - Amethyst
Location - The stars of Crater lie next to Hydra, the Sea Serpent.

A brief introduction to 'Your Sign Beyond The Zodiac'

SHIP OF THE ARGONAUTS July 8 - 17 & Sept 22 - 28

Your sign beyond the zodiac is Argo, the great ship which carried Jason and the Argonauts to find the Golden Fleece. The ship, built with the help of Athene, the Greek goddess of wisdom, contained a piece of 'truth speaking' oak to guide them on their journey. This is one of the most gifted and adventurous of the ancient signs and life is easy for you. But because you have so many talents, you can, at times, be tempted to abandon your true path towards your inner goal.

Plant - Oak
Jewel - Sapphire
Location - Carina, Vela and Puppis, the three modern constellations which make up the ancient Argo, lie south of Sirius, the Dog star, towards the southern pole.

THE RAVEN
Sept 29 - Oct 11

Your sign beyond the zodiac is Corvus, the Raven, sacred to the god of prophecy, Apollo. Everywhere, the raven has been associated with prophecy: in ancient Ireland domesticated ravens were considered to foretell the future, while two great ravens, Huginn and Munnin - Mind and Memory - accompanied the Norse god, Odin.Your psychic powers are so well-developed that you soak up the atmosphere around you like a sponge! Once you have found right balance between reason and emotion, you really come into your own.

Plant - Comfrey
Jewel - Jet and Black Onyx
Location - The stars of Corvus, which form a small square, lie next to Hydra, the Sea Serpent

The BEAR KEEPER
Oct 12 - 26

Your sign beyond the zodiac is Bootes, Herdsman. He is also Arcas, the 'Bear King', who brought civilisation to Arcadia - our best - remembered symbol of the Golden Age. King Arcas and King Arthur - 'wonderful great bear' - have much in common and the constellations circling round the northern pole, 'driven' by Bootes, have been seen as the Round Table. You know how to organise the world around you, making it a better place to live in. You have real and lasting values but are also wittier and more sophisticated than most signs.

Plant - Ivy, Trefoil and Rosemary
Jewel - Topaz
Location - The stars of Corona Borealis form a crown, or cup, and lie between Bootes and Hercules

The CROWN of the NORTH WIND Oct 27 - Nov 10

Your sign beyond the zodiac is Corona Borealis, the Crown of the North Wind, and of Ariadne, Mistress of the Labyrinth. It is also the silver castle 'at the back of the North wind' of Ariadne's Welsh counterpart, Arianrhod, to which the souls of poets heroes and magicians were thought to go after death to await resurrection. Warm-hearted, complex and sophisticated, not much can surprise you, but your quest is for simplicity and the freedom just to be yourself.

Plant - Ivy, Trefoil and Rosemary
Jewel - Topaz
Location - The stars of Corona Borealis form a crown, or cup, and lie between Bootes and Hercules

The SERPENT Nov 11 - 19 & Dec 24 - 28

Your sign beyond the zodiac is Serpens, the Serpent, which is carried by the Serpent Bearer, Ophiuchus, the god of healing and medicine. The serpent was sacred to the Great Mother goddess and has been seen by most cultures as a symbol of rebirth and wisdom. The real origin of Scorpio's magnetic, charismatic gaze is, of course, the Serpent. You have your own values and are not easily deceived. At times, you may seem amoral, but for you the truth is more important than what others see as 'good' and 'bad'.

Plant - Mistletoe
Jewel - Serpentine
Location - The stars of Serpens and Ophiuchus lie between Scorpio and Sagittarius near the zodiac band.

The WISE CENTAUR Nov 20 - Dec 5

Your sign beyond the zodiac is Centaurus. He is Chiron, the wise centaur, who taught the young greek heroes 'to shoot, to sing, to tell the truth' in his cave amongst the chestnut forests of Mount Pelion in Greece. Some say that Chiron, who was wounded by an arrow, healed himself with the herb, Centaury, which is still called after him, and became immortal. He is the symbol of the Wounded Healer. You are a natural guide and healer, transforming your own suffering into wisdom and compassion.

Plant - Centaury, the Cornflower
Jewel - Alexandrite
Location - The stars of the 'Great Square' of Pegasus
lie between Andromeda, the Chained Princess and Cygnus, the Swan.

OPHIUCHUS
December 6 - 16

Your sign beyond the zodiac is Ophiuchus, the Serpent Bearer, seen by many as the zodiac's thirteenth sign. He is Aesculapius, 'the unceasingly gentle', the Greek god of healing who holds the serpent of medicine and rebirth, and who offered cures and diagnoses to the sick in dreams. You tune in naturally to other people's feelings, and you need to use your latent gifts and understanding in a positive and active way if you are to feel fulfilled and easy with yourself.

Plant - Peony
Jewel - Crystal
Location - The stars of Ophiuchus lie between Scorpio and Sagittarius on the zodiac band.

THE DRAGON
July 2 - Aug 7
Dec 17 - 23

Your sign beyond the zodiac is Draco, the Dragon coiled around the north celestial pole, which is the symbolic doorway between time and eternity. This is the dragon which guards the golden apples of immortality. It is also the ultimate creative power. You are complex and creative, with a great love of beauty and perfection. You prefer to spend your time looking and learning, rather than being in the stream of life, but you are also passionate and intense, and close relationships mean much to you.

Plant - Tarragon
Jewel - Magnet, Lodestone
Location - The stars of Draco lie between Ursa Major, The Great Bear and Cygnus.

The SERPENT Nov 11 - 19 & Dec 24 - 28

Your sign beyond the zodiac is Serpens, the Serpent, which is carried by the Serpent Bearer, Ophiuchus, the god of healing and medicine. The serpent was sacred to the Great Mother goddess and has been seen by most cultures as a symbol of rebirth and wisdom. The real origin of Scorpio's magnetic, charismatic gaze is, of course, the Serpent. You have your own values and are not easily deceived. At times, you may seem amoral, but for you the truth is more important than what others see as 'good' and 'bad'.

Plant - Mistletoe
Jewel - Serpentine
Location - The stars of Serpens and Ophiuchus lie between Scorpio and Sagittarius near the zodiac band.

Old 08-18-05   #10
The_Game
Face in the Mist

Are you looking for me?
Are you looking for me? I am in the next seat.
My shoulder is against yours.
you will not find me in the stupas, not in Indian shrine
rooms, nor in synagogues, nor in cathedrals:
not in masses, nor kirtans, not in legs winding
around your own neck, nor in eating nothing but
vegetables.

When you really look for me, you will see me
instantly --
you will find me in the tiniest house of time.

Kabir says: Student, tell me, what is God?
He is the breath inside the breath.

- Kabir

Old 08-21-05   #11
The_Game
Face in the Mist

EXCERPTS COURTESY REBECCA SPRINGER's NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE BOOK "WITHIN THE GATES!"

There was much that charmed, much that surprised me in this great city, OF WHICH I MAY NOT FULLY SPEAK, but which I can never forget.
We found in one place a very large park, with walks, drives, fountains, miniature lakes and shaded seats, but no dwellings nor buildings of any kind, except an immense circular open temple capable of seating many hundred; and where, my brother told me, a seraph choir assembled at a certain hour daily to render the oratorios written by the great musical composers of Earth and Heaven. It had just departed, and the crowd who had enjoyed its divine music yet lingered as though loath to leave a spot so hallowed.

Old 08-26-05   #12
The_Game
Face in the Mist

Old 08-26-05   #13
The_Game
Face in the Mist

Christopher Walken plays the role of Gabriel in the movie "The Prophecy" (Trilogy). A must-see.

Last edited by The_Game; 08-26-05 at 10:51.
Old 08-29-05   #14
Shadowborn
Grand Master Geek

Shadowborn is on a distinguished road
Credits: 239,393
Ok, color me confused. There isn't any point to this thread that I can see. It's a collection of random cut-n-pastes about Buddhism tacked onto a starter post about an exorcism you witnessed, with an Impressionist style painting of angels and a plug for a movie.

Is there actually a point to this thread, or are you just posting random religious things that make you feel all tingly inside?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I feel this way on DF...a lot.
Old 09-01-05   #15
The_Game
Face in the Mist

Yea its the last part as you said.
Old 09-02-05   #16
Dark~Mage
Face in the Mist

Dark~Mage is on a distinguished road
Credits: 519
I really like Christopher Walken...
and The Prophecy is great!
Christopher Walken makes the perfect Gabriel
in that movie.

Speaking of excorisms your story sounds scary.
Are you thinking of seeing the new movie
The Exorcism of Emily Rose... it looks like an evil good time.

As for the third eye, have you ever tried doing the meditations
to enter other dimensions.
Let me know how it went for you, if you have done them.

Last edited by Dark~Mage; 09-02-05 at 23:20.