Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Entertainment
Reload this Page X-Box Owners

Old 08-09-05   #1
Crypt
___

Crypt is on a distinguished road
Credits: 132,985
X-Box Owners

Just curious how many peopleon here that have an xbox have gone xbox live and what do you use it for? I have been debating on getting it, not to play online, but for the downloadable content for soem of the sports titles. So i would like the input of some of the peopel here.

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person

" It is easier to write words on water then to try to use argument on a christian"
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-05   #2
J0hnnyReb
Amnita Muscaria

J0hnnyReb is on a distinguished road
Credits: 24,187
I was going to buy an Xbox..but I just cant bring myself to waste money on a microsoft videogame system. It just doesnt seem like a good investment.

Old 08-09-05   #3
Uncletiggs
DF's Dirty 'ol Man
Admin

Uncletiggs will become famous soon enough
Credits: 218,114
I have the X-Box, but not the 360.. I can't see paying $20. a month to get online with that when i have cable internet already..
Plus i would look like a fool trying to play unreal tourny on it live.. LOL

Nice guys finish last
It isn't just a saying.. It's a fact of life!

Those things that produced your ex......you know, the bitchmakers! Metagion

If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is it considered rape or shoplifting?

You're not who you are, you're only what other people think you are

Your more Delusional than you think I am! {Duck Dodgers}
Old 08-09-05   #4
Crypt
___

Mostly I am looking at getting it for downloadable content not to play online. from what I have read on the xbox live site it would cost me 8.99 a month to have access to the content. Mostly as i said it would be for most of the sport titles i have like ESPN Baseball 2K5, ESPN hockey 2K5, ESPN NFL2K5, Burnout 3 and shit like that. If i want to play UT online I have a computer and well I hate playing FPS shooters on a console.

" It is easier to write words on water then to try to use argument on a christian"
Old 08-09-05   #5
Uncletiggs
DF's Dirty 'ol Man
Admin

Heh, fellik whooped my arse but good on it... i can't get the joystick controls down useing both thumbs And then trying to work the other buttons as well...

As for the online thing.. Won't you have to pay for the access to it though XBox as well??

Nice guys finish last

If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is it considered rape or shoplifting?

Old 08-09-05   #6
Crypt
___

outside of my DSL line the only cost is the 8.99 a month to access it. well from all i have read.

Old 08-09-05   #7
Uncletiggs
DF's Dirty 'ol Man
Admin

Is it a permanent download? Or just access to it...

Nice guys finish last

Old 08-09-05   #8
Crypt
___

i think ti would have to be permanent download. it is content for games man...if you don't play online or your connection is down then what would be the point? I have heard that games like splinter cell are supposed to have more maps you can download onto your xbox and play them...that and i have heard that with sport titles roster changes and such can be downloaded into your game so, i'd have to say they were permanent. but then again i'd have to find someone with an xbox that is xbox live that could answer that part of it

Old 08-09-05   #9
Uncletiggs
DF's Dirty 'ol Man
Admin

Hmm, i'll have ot look into it a bit more...

Nice guys finish last

Old 08-10-05   #10
Crypt
___

you and me both

Old 10-03-05   #11
dk123
Lost Soul

dk123 will become famous soon enoughdk123 will become famous soon enough
Credits: 262,974
xbox live is a constant subscription. you pay for a month, you get it for a month. this is in dates not in hours. so will run between say, 9th august and 9th january.

you're connected whenever your xbox is connected to your broadband. when you boot your box you get messages about whats going on on xbox live and what you can do and such. even when not signed in to live. you can play on your xbox without being signed into live. you can also sign into live and view messages in your dashboard system.

using your gamertag (basically just an id) you can play games that you own with others, talk with others using your live headset or do both at the same time.

yes you can also download new maps, vehicles, guns, mods, upgrades, patches for glitches etc etc. ones to be played online or offline.

you have a friendslist so you can add your friends tags and when you're signed on, they can see you (if you let them) this means they can invite you to games. invite you to lobby rooms to chat, send you messages, and whatever else. because live also runs in the background behind your games when you're on, someone can send you an invite to play... say.... amped 3, when you're playing rainbow six. which is groovy.

not all games are xbox live enabled. but a hell of alot are.

all xbox 360 games will be enabled, and 360 live will be more advanced, including video chat with a xbox webcam.
Old 10-04-05   #12
(antihero)
N/A

(antihero) will become famous soon enough
Credits: 297,800
I never bothered with Xbox live *shrug*. I think that when it comes to consoles, I'm more of a solo gamer. The only games I play that are usually Live-enabled are FPS games, but I've never been a big fan of multiplayer deathmatch/team deathmatch/capture the flag/etc. The only online game I play at the moment is World of Warcraft on me PC
Old 10-04-05   #13
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Wicked Lady is on a distinguished road
Credits: 653,418
I'm with (antihero) on that. All my Xbox games I play by myself or kick my brother's ass.

I play on PC when I wanna kick the asses of strangers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-04-05   #14
Tainted Jesus
Sic 'N Twisted

Tainted Jesus is on a distinguished road
Credits: 106,394
I also never bothered with X-box live. Fuck paying for more internet access. I'm already on cable and already running a Windows based PC.

But I do have an X-box, and I mod'd mine to include all Nintendo, SNES, Sega Genisis, N64, Atari, Neo-Geo, Lynx, and arcade games, plus the ability to download music, DVD's, and X-box games themselves to the hard drive. The way I bring this information in is to hook my X-box up to my computer, then just move it as you would normally move something to another external hard drive/memory source. Why I tell you all this is because I think that you could find someone or somewhere on the internet that has these patches and upgrades availiable for download. That way, you'd just download them and then upload them to your X-box. I am not sure if you can do this without having had had your X-box mod'd or not.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-04-05   #15
dk123
Lost Soul

dk123 will become famous soon enoughdk123 will become famous soon enough
Credits: 262,974
at the moment i just play online games or network games at the shop (barton computacentre) which is where i do my multiplayer gaming. i do like the idea of live, bringing the pc online gaming world into the (almost) idiotproof world of console gaming)

i will be playing live when i get it with my 360, but whether i'll pay for my subs after my freebie runs out, i don't know.