Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Entertainment
Reload this Page What movies have you watched recently?

Old 03-22-05   #1
>FuckDoll<
hate hate hate

>FuckDoll< will become famous soon enough
Credits: -2,014
Question What movies have you watched recently?

Well, I looked and looked for this thread, and I can't believe there isn't one like this, but if there is... I can't find it.

So, what movies have you watched recently? In theatres or on dvd, laserdisk, or vhs, whatever... Tell us what movies you're watching and if you think they're any good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-05   #2
>FuckDoll<
hate hate hate

I took my munchkin to see Robots over the weekend. It was pretty decent for a kids flick. Robin Williams wasn't too overbearing. (course I saw it in IMAX, so that might have made it a little better.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-22-05   #3
syphilis
Darkness Incarnate

syphilis is on a distinguished road
Credits: 31,258
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind.

I liked it but it got some boring moments,it's also good to see Jim Carrey stopped taking ritalin.
Old 03-22-05   #4
errantrogue
which one, though?

errantrogue is on a distinguished road
Credits: 288,983
The Incredibles and Amelie on saturday.

"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
Old 03-22-05   #5
(antihero)
N/A

(antihero) will become famous soon enough
Credits: 297,800
The Incredibles, The Exorcist: Beginnings, The Audition, Cure, and i think that's it. most of the new movies that I want to see end up getting such bad reviews that I don't end up going.
Old 03-22-05   #6
sixxx(sic)six
satanic teddybear

Location: Under your bed with a very sharp knife...and nekkid!
sixxx(sic)six is on a distinguished road
Credits: 395,024
i watch a shit ton of films....too many films

i saw The Incredibles.....wasn't too bad, wasn't all that great either

Shark Tale (my niece likes that flick).....i thought that movie was funny and cute

A Girl With a Pearl Earring.....a fictional story/movie based on the painting....tells how the painting came to be, etc, etc, etc.....it really wasn't all that bad....i was rather amazed....it kept my interest.....

Stranger Inside....late night, cinamax, all girl prison movie (no nudity though....but there are some sex scenes).....i was bored, didn't wanna do anything, so i just kinda started watchin' it....and to be honest, i kinda liked it...itz not a great movie, but itz not a horrible movie....tells the story about a girl who specifically commits offenses to go to this maximum security prison where she believes her mother is....itz more interesting than it sounds....

Buffalo '66.....i had heard of this movie, but never seen it....i only caught about an hour or so of it on IFC last night....i wanna get that fuckin' movie....itz got Christina Ricci in it....itz a weird fuckin' flick....and Ricci tap-dances in a bowling alley!!!!! she is so hot....

Short Circuit....yup yup, thatz right...that stupid fuckin' "NUMBER 5 IS ALIVE!!" movie with Steve Guttenberg and Ally Sheedy and that funny Indian dude.....yup yup....it was on HBO: Family....i couldn't help it....i just started watchin' it and it sucked me in.....god help me

Twin Falls Idaho.....some weird mother fuckin' movie about this city chick who meets these conjoined twins and falls in love with one of 'em.....and it was kinda funny and answered some questions i know i had about conjoined twins....and then it got kinda sad in the end 'cuz....well, i won't ruin it......note: the conjoined twins weren't really conjoined (which you coulda fooled the hell out of me)....coincidently, they're mildly busy actors and directors (they directed, wrote, and starred in this film) and some of you may have seen them, that is, if you seen Hellraiser #i-unno....Hellraiser in space....anyone seen that one? remember the two twin security gaurds that "Pinhead" fuses together or sumtin'? yeah, thatz those those dudes.....anywho

so yeah, there's some more but i can't rightly think of 'em all or of the titles......i watch way too many movies....i need to get out more.....
Old 03-23-05   #7
Kain424
Death to Hollywood

Kain424 is on a distinguished road
Credits: 90,483
I saw:

Precinct 13
This rather violent remake of the bloody John Carpenter shocker/thriller from the 70's was actually pretty good. I'd go see it again.

Sideways
This was a surprisingly good film. Very funny and very touching.

Alone in the Dark
Utter shit. Don't waste your time.

Hide and Seek
Bleh. I'd expect more from DeNiro. Instead, we get a lame-brain suspense movie with no suspense and all of the cliches from all of the other suspense thrillers of this sort.

Million Dollar Baby
Surprisingly good. This is already one of my favorite movies of the year.

Boogeyman
Another cliched movie. Bad effects ruin the climax of the film and make everything else just crappy. See this if you're bored... it might frighten a chick a bit.

Constantine
Definitely one of the better comic book adaptations out there, this movie is a cool ride. Although it turns out to be one big anti-smoking commercial, it's still good.

The Jacket
In the tradition of The Butterfly Effect, this is a pretty neat movie, although not as good. It's still worth seeing.

Hostage
This is my favorite movie of the year so far. Mind you, this is not Die Hard, but it's really good with some excellent performances by its cast.

The Ring Two
The full title of this movie should have been The Ring, Two Hours Longer, Without the Scares, because that's what this was. Wait until this comes out on video.

The Pacifier
Why in the Hell is Vin Diesel in this? Riddick in a Disney movie? AAAH! Don't see it unless you are a 40 year old parent or a ten year old child.

The Incredibles
A rather entertaining cartoon that, if I had any kids, would not let them see until they are a bit older. Cartoon characters having mid-life crisis problems are not something that I'd recommend for children. But it is still often entertaining... may not be your thing.

Old 03-23-05   #8
sixxx(sic)six
satanic teddybear

oh yeah, i forgot to mention that i say that Ladder 49 or whatever it was called.....lemme just put it this way, save your money....seriously...that movie was so goddamn boring and pointless....i was all like expecting sumtin' like Backdraft.....nope!!!! just a fuckin' stupid, wannabe drama movie
Old 03-23-05   #9
Kain424
Death to Hollywood

Yeah. that's what thought, too.

...So I wrote it in my review. Say, you should write some reviews. We could use some more of that up in MovieBitch.

Old 03-23-05   #10
sixxx(sic)six
satanic teddybear

hmm....i never really checked out that thread...but okay
Old 03-24-05   #11
Kain424
Death to Hollywood

What!?!?! You haven't checked out the most viewed thread in the movies area!?!?! You must visit us, for we are always waiting for the occaisional visitor at MovieBitch!

There's always a vacancy there. "12 cabins, 12 vacancies."

Old 03-24-05   #12
Qoji
Dark Q

Qoji is on a distinguished road
Credits: 79,924
Ring 2

Sucked the big 'un.
Old 03-24-05   #13
sixxx(sic)six
satanic teddybear

i just watched Breast Men on HBO.....it was kinda funny...it has David Schwimmer and Chris Cooper, and itz about the two doctors that invented the silicone breast implant and everything that happened there-after.....if you wanna see a lot of titties (i mean a lot), and watch sumtin' kinda funny, yet dramatic, and sorta historical, go for this flick.....
Old 03-24-05   #14
Mia~ow
Dark Misanthrope

Mia~ow will become famous soon enoughMia~ow will become famous soon enough
Credits: -2,725
I watched Finding Neverland on Monday.

As Peter Pan is a particular favourite of mine it was set to be a dead winner, and imo it was. I did however, blub my eyes out, predictable as the ending was.

If you're slightly emotional, you'll need tissues at the ready.
Old 03-24-05   #15
Cucking Funt

Irreversible.

Oh gosh, the horror. You have to see this film, it's in no way for the faint hearted and should be viewed with discretion and minors should be kept away. Outstanding piece of cinema with my ideal woman starring, Monica Bellucci alongside with her husband, Vincent Cassell.

Just take time to check out the fire extinquisher scene and the 15 minute set piece rape scene.
Old 03-24-05   #16
syphilis
Darkness Incarnate

syphilis is on a distinguished road
Credits: 31,258
I don't understand why people think this movie is so disturbing.
Old 03-24-05   #17
Cucking Funt

They are too sensitive and emotional...
Old 03-24-05   #18
One
Live. Love. Life. DIE!

One will become famous soon enough
Credits: 1,916
Sounds like a movie I will enjoy. I will have to check that one out.
Old 03-24-05   #20
>FuckDoll<
hate hate hate

The Wraith
Cheesy old flick staring Charlie Sheen and Randy Quaid. I have a fondness for these cheesy old movies, so yeah I enjoyed it. (It's about a guy (who's actually a wraith) who tries to get back at the punks who killed him.

Pump up the Volume
Yes, for the umpteenth time. It's one of my favourites. If you don't know what it's about or who is in it, come here so I can kick you.