Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Mayhem
Reload this Page Big, Bold, and Beautiful

Old 01-30-05   #1
silverflame
a strange little lesbian

silverflame is on a distinguished road
Credits: 87,417
Big, Bold, and Beautiful

fuck anyone who thinks skinny is in! and fuck you for telling me i'm fat! hell,i'm not even that heavy, just a few extra pounds. and i fucking know my size, asshole, i don't need to be told that i have a little extra padding. there's nothing wrong with having tits and a woman's fucking figure. WOMEN WERE NOT DESIGNED TO LOOK LIKE PRE-PUBESCENT BOYS. we are meant to have a little fat to help for if and when we decide to get pregnant and bring a new life into the world. girls, don't fucking judge other women because you're not comfortable with yourself. because that's what it really comes down to. if you aren't comfortable with yourself, it makes you feel better to put down other people. fuck you, i'm big, bold, and beautiful. my confidence shines through when choosing a partner and if you personally don't have that confidence, then good fucking luck finding someone to be with. hell, none of the women i've ever been with had a problem with how i looked. they thought i was beautiful and i AM beautful and nothing you say will fucking bring me down. EVER.

Last edited by silverflame; 01-30-05 at 03:21.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-05   #2
(antihero)
N/A

(antihero) will become famous soon enough
Credits: 297,800
Making a super pissed-off thread about stuff that you claim shouldn't piss you off (because people can't bring you down) is awesome.

Oh, and in addition: do confuse "extra padding" with "potential health risk." People who spread this whole "big is beautiful" crap need to tread lightly, because encouraging people who are heavily overweight and/or obese to stay as they are is not cool, and it has nothing to do with the aesthetics of obesity. So, fuck that argument. I'm talking about quality of life. I'm not perfect-looking, and I'm sure I could stand to lose a few here and there, but if I were grossly overweight and people told me that I shouldn't try to get in better health because I was "big and beautiful," I'd waddle myself over to his/her crotch, and kick it.

But, if somebody's just a little overweight - as are most - then i agree. But, as for this whole "hey, being morbidly obese is HOT" thing: fuck that. "Stay alive" is better. Then again, you're goth, so you probably don't agree with that.

Oh, and for the record: I'm not calling you fat or obese or anything, because I personally don't give a shit about what I think of you. I'll leave other people to rip on your appearance as they see fit, cuz c'mon.... it's the bitch board. You asked for it

Last edited by (antihero); 01-30-05 at 03:13.
Old 01-30-05   #3
silverflame
a strange little lesbian

thank you, anti. i understand what you're saying. people who have 'extra padding' that's dragging on the floor-type big is just plain gross. i'm a little overweight and i'm sick and tired of getting shit for it.

and i know, i'll have to deal with whatever shit people throw at me in here.

C'MON PEOPLE, BRING IT ON!
Old 01-30-05   #4
Iron's Rite
United States of Moronica

Location: "The forest folded it's branches around me, something passed by and I went into a dream." -Opeth
Iron's Rite is on a distinguished road
Credits: 253,465
I agree with anti on this, there is a huge difference between being a few pounds overweight and attractive and being a grotesque fat ass.
As for the whole making a pissed off thread about not getting mad about something: It's denial. Of course it sucks being treated like you've got genital leprosy just because you don't look like someone off of the cover of a magazine, but who wants to admit that it hurts?
[hildegard von bingen - ordo virtutum]
Old 01-30-05   #5
silverflame
a strange little lesbian

it can hurt, but i grew up listening to my father call me a fatass when i was one of the skinniest kids you've ever seen. now, it just pisses me off more than hurts.
Old 01-30-05   #6
sixxx(sic)six
satanic teddybear

Location: Under your bed with a very sharp knife...and nekkid!
sixxx(sic)six is on a distinguished road
Credits: 395,024
i prefer women a lil' more on the plump side myself.....that whole seein' bones thru the skin shit is so disgusting
Old 01-30-05   #7
Nivvie
is an acrobatic hamster!

Nivvie is on a distinguished road
Credits: 108,942
Weight's a scary thing, and although doctors mean well, they can sometimes go overboard. A friend of mine is still within the ideal weight margin on the chart, but just touching the top, and upon visiting the doctor on an unrelated issue, was told to lose 5lb. Jesus, who the hell cares about 5lb!? Well, she does now, and is dieting.
Whereas, another friend is what's known technically obese, being about 25lbs overweight, and doesn't give a fuck, and her doctor has never mentioned it.

I think we need to listen to our own bodies.
If you can't do the things a human needs to do, the basic skills of survival such as running, swimming etc, without a coronary, then there's something wrong.
If you look in the mirror and don't like what you see, something is wrong (maybe not always physically).
If you end up at either my day or night job because you are either in hospital with arteries full of plaque or having your diabetic feet amputated, something is wrong.
Ditto my day job and on a steel table.

I've got a fairly large arse, and my body hates it. I'm still pretty damn fit, but it complains by not letting me concieve a child unless I am my exact ideal weight. Nothin more, nothing less.
My body is not happy, and I'd be a fool not to listen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-30-05   #8
Sybs
Unfolding

Sybs is on a distinguished road
Credits: 202,466
Everyone has things they don't like. You either change it or live with it, because moaning doesn't get you brownie points.

There was a fat blonde woman at the gym, and I have a real hatred of fat blonde women (don't ask), and I stared a bit because she made me feel better about not being perfect because her arse was worth about 4 and a half of mine.

It's competition, it's 'animal-looking-for-mate' to want to be more attractive than other people, and I don't know many who are secure enough in themselves to not care how they look or how other people look.
There are more important things than looks, but physical attraction still plays a role.
Old 01-30-05   #9
crimsonnyte
A Bit of Luck

crimsonnyte is on a distinguished road
Credits: 109,377
I don't really have anything to add. I don't know why I'm posting here. I feel like someone's gonna strangle me because I don't belong or something. I dunno. Just ditto to what (anti) said.
Old 01-30-05   #10
Jordyn
paraphiliac

Jordyn is on a distinguished road
Credits: 825,096
i tend to base it on more...superficial concepts...if i can still have men flirt, flatter, and buy me drinks, than it's all good...once that interest goes, than it's time to pay attention to why...but if they leave the store with a smlile on their lips, and i'm grinning ear to ear...what should size or shape matter?
Old 01-30-05   #11
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

Lenina will become famous soon enough
Credits: 375,069
You know, I have never been the greatest at keeping my figure, it takes alot of hard work and a good diet which I am doing now... I have given birth to two children and after my second child, I gained 7 pounds... My weight was 28lbs in march last year... Since then I have lost 13lbs... Not in the space of 10 months, mainly because I gain and lose weight due to health problems but I lost that in the space of the past 3 weeks...

WHat I am trying to say is that I have never been... Plump so I wouldn't know the things people with a weight issue go through... I do know however (I hope you round people on here don't take offence to this) that its really due to the fact that SOME plump men/women have this weight issue due to lazyness... The reason I know this is because my mother was overweight and the doctor told her that it was no good for her heart and she had to lose at least 30lbs but she had to lose it on a balanced diet and moderate exersize.... My mother, granted, she was REALLY bad with her heart so exersize was limited but she managed to lose 35lbs. I was really proud of her... I have met really obese women, my mother used to hang out with a REALLY obese woman and she was the laziest SOB I have ever met in my life. She wouldn't diet, she wouldn't exersize and she would make her kids do everything....

Im not saying that evey plump, obese or overweight person is lazy but I do get really tired of hearing that same old phrase 'Its my glands...' No, its not your glands. Its a bad excuse for lazy people with a weight issue... Yeah it gets depressing, I mean, being a hefty peson when your in a society that sets the whole perfect figure standard for women is depressing, hell, I get depressed about it because I don't have the body I used to have but I try DAMN hard to exersize (When I am not unwell) as it is important for me to do so, it is important to EVERYONE to do so.

Now, I have a friend that is a health freak and my auntie IS a heath freak.

Let me tell you about when I was a child and had a murmour on my heart... My auntie helped me exersize and by the time I turned 6 years old, I went for my checkup at the hospital and the doctor said that my murmour had gone. He said that because I had tried so hard to exersize, I was in perfect health. I have my auntie to thank for that.

My buddy recently gave me some infomation, its a glycemic index that is is supposed to help people lose weight and stay healthy.

If anyone has an issue with their weight (a real issue) and would like me to send you this then I would be more than happy to do so. Its not an atkins diet, its an actual index to help people maintain a balance in their food groups and lose weight yet still stay healthy.

Its just a guideline in healthier eating but you HAVE TO EXERSIZE also because if you don't, it turns into fat deposits in and it would make no difference.

So yeah, I would be happy to help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You'll never understand it
Try to buy and brand it
I win, you lose, cause it's my job
To keep punk rock elite
Old 01-30-05   #12
Quiet.....
serotonin sage

Quiet..... is on a distinguished road
Credits: 57,703
If anyone got lost in what Neena's saying (and she's right, but I'm just going to say this in another way) it's that no matter if you're fat, skinny or anywhere in between, exercise will ALWAYS make you feel better about yourself. Mentally AND Physically.

You see physical results and it's obvious there. Some of the more obscure things it does to you physically is that you are more alive. Your body is being conditioned more to FEEL alive, because it is being made to BE alive. You're making use of your body in a physical way, so it responds in a physical way. Anyone who prefers to sit around and watch something on T.V. or sit around and be bored has no right to complain about their weight when they could be working up a sweat.

Mentally, it staves off depression. ALL KINDS OF DEPRESSION. Not just for people who are overweight/obese. If I'm sad because I lost my job, and I go and work out, I'm not sitting around thinking about it. Being busy, active and such keeps my body and mind occupied.

As for the whole "image thing"....you can kid yourself and anyone else for all you want. If you want to make this out to be all about "what your partner sees you as" and be content with that, then fine, that's cool with me. If you're considered overweight by society's standards and your partner likes to clash wobbly flesh with you when you're having sex, then that's cool with me too. I'm not the one having sex with you. And the same goes for skinny people. If you like hearing bones collide, then fine with me. I'm on the skinnier side myself and I'm don't let my insecurities get to me overly but I've still decided to and did gain a healthy amount of weight, so now I'm much happier with myself. Has NOTHING to do with what anyone thinks of me.

Who I can and can not convince to have sex with me or want me etc has nothing to do with how I look. Slutty people come in all sizes.

Another thing too. Look around in nature. Do you see any fuckin' FAT animals waddling around? Nope! You know why? Cause it's a health thing. You don't survive if you get all fat and shit. Some lion is gonna come eat you. Only lions can get fat, cause you don't fuck with them. The only reason why fat people exist in such abundance in this world is because this world fucking accomodates them so much and pities their situation to such ridiculous degrees that it only HELPS them to stay fat. Same goes for smokers. (I have nothing against smokers). And it's not like I have this huge thing against overweight people. My best friend, the only person I trust, only person that's never backstabbed me, etc, etc is overweight. Maybe even classified as obese. It's a thyroid problem there, so it wasn't cause she sat around and ate herself a belly. But she still works out when she can fit it into her busy schedule to keep her heart rate up. She's putting forth an effort.

In short, what antihero said, lose weight cause you're gonna kill yourself quicker.

Or, in the words of Foamy (the squirrel), "You fat bastards!"

Last edited by Quiet.....; 01-30-05 at 12:05.
Old 01-30-05   #13
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

I suffer from mental illness and I will have to go with what Quiet is saying. I am prone to psychotic episodes and chronic bipolar disorder. I have not had a psychotic episode in a long time because I am always active and it makes me feel good about myself. I do suffer from other problems and I have, in the past few weeks been ill with these other problems so I have not been to the gym in those weeks. I am going to go back to the gym once I have recovered because it gives me piece of mind and makes me feel happy that I am acomplishing something and making progress.

Like Quiet said, exersize is not just the key to healthy body, its the key to a healthy mind. (Just don't go overboard, I have seen a member of my family go way overboard and develop a real eating/exersize disorder because of it.)

Again, if anyone has a REAL issue with their weight, I will be mnore than happy to send them the Glycemic index I have.

Try to buy and brand it
To keep punk rock elite
Old 01-30-05   #14
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Wicked Lady is on a distinguished road
Credits: 653,418
Big, Bold, and Beautiful? Jesus Christ... I'm not touching this.

Old 01-30-05   #15
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

TOuch me instead Megsy...

Try to buy and brand it
To keep punk rock elite
Old 01-30-05   #16
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Wicked Lady is on a distinguished road
Credits: 653,418
Iffin you want me to, sweetcheeks.

Old 01-30-05   #17
(antihero)
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Lady
Big, Bold, and Beautiful?
I'm pretty sure that it's a soap opera on the Food Network.
Old 01-30-05   #18
surreal

surreal is on a distinguished road
Credits: 105,127
nivvie hit it on the head.
if you can't get out and run or do anything an average build person can do because of limitations your weight has put on you, it's time to get serious and stop denying that your weight is a problem.
but i'd push everyone a step further and suggest that you maintain some sort of athletic lifestyle. such as running, or daily crunch and push up exercises. when i see trashy lookin fat people, it reminds me that there are millions of those "handicapped" people living off of my taxes, because their lack of self control is now considered a crutch. bullshit.
that person specifically may not be a welfare leech, but it still reminds me of that fact and gets at me. I wish Ayn Rand was still around.
Old 01-30-05   #19
(antihero)
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by surreal
I wish Ayn Rand was still around.
to bore people into losing weight?
Old 01-30-05   #20
Nivvie
is an acrobatic hamster!

Nivvie is on a distinguished road
Credits: 108,942
One point about 'glands', it's completely treatable, if anyone says it, tell them to go to the doctor as it's just a blood test and some pills. Anyone with genuine glandular problems is on meds, at least under obs, it's not just a general state of living.