Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Double Standard

Old 12-01-04   #1
Synikul
fucking jackass

Synikul is on a distinguished road
Credits: 117,776
Double Standard

Quote:
Teacher accused of having sex with pupil to use insanity defense

Associated Press

TAMPA, Fla. - A suspended middle-school teacher accused of having sex with a 14-year-old former student will claim she was insane at the time of the alleged encounters, her attorney said.

Debra Lafave's attorney, John Fitzgibbons, said in court Tuesday that he would file notice of an insanity defense "in the near future."

"Debbie has some profound emotional issues that are not her fault," Fitzgibbons said after the hearing. Several doctors have examined Lafave in recent months, Fitzgibbons said, and their findings will cast light on what happened in this case.

Lafave, 24, was present for the hearing but did not speak to reporters. She has pleaded not guilty to four felony counts of lewd and lascivious battery and one count of lewd and lascivious exhibition, each of which carry a maximum 15-year prison term.

Her former student said that he and Lafave had sex five times in early June, encounters that allegedly occurred in her Riverview townhouse, her classroom and the back of her Isuzu during rides through Ocala.

FULL ARTICLE
Here are pictures of the teacher.

Here's the double standard. If it was my 14 year old daughter making it with a male teacher, I'd hit the roof. I'd want to see him thrown in a dungean for life.

However, remembering the way I was at 14, I can't see how this boy was harmed or scarred for life. He's one lucky little bastard. If it was my son, I'd have a hard time being a responsible parent. I wouldn't be able to resist asking him "So was she good?"
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-04   #2
sixxx(sic)six
satanic teddybear

Location: Under your bed with a very sharp knife...and nekkid!
sixxx(sic)six is on a distinguished road
Credits: 395,024
thatz what i'm saying!!!! like, i mean....that shit never happened to me in highschool.....i woulda nailed a number of my teachers....gah....some peeps are so lucky
Old 12-02-04   #3
Shadowborn
Grand Master Geek

Shadowborn is on a distinguished road
Credits: 239,393
I probably would feel the same way as Synikul if it weren't for the fact that she's a teacher. That's not what she's supposed to be teaching him. I view being an educator much like I view the medical profession; there is supposed to be a certain standard of ethics in place concerning how you deal with the children you teach. You damn sure aren't supposed to be fucking them. I wonder if the kid's grades improved while she was letting him stick it to her? I'd like to get a look at his report cards.

If she gets off on the insanity plea, I'm going to go hit against a wall. I'd like to see someone give me an explanation that will convince me that because her older sister died and she's found it "hard to concentrate on anything but that" she had sex with one of her 14 year old students.

If you told me that she had a nervous breakdown and had to stop teaching because of the family tragedy, ok sure, fine, I'll buy that. I'm not buying "I was so distraught I didn't know what I was doing, so I seduced one of my students into having an affair with me." That's bullshit. Just for trying to give that excuse this woman shouldn't be allowed to teach again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I feel this way on DF...a lot.
Old 12-02-04   #4
Synikul
fucking jackass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowborn
I probably would feel the same way as Synikul if it weren't for the fact that she's a teacher. That's not what she's supposed to be teaching him. I view being an educator much like I view the medical profession; there is supposed to be a certain standard of ethics in place concerning how you deal with the children you teach. You damn sure aren't supposed to be fucking them. I wonder if the kid's grades improved while she was letting him stick it to her? I'd like to get a look at his report cards.

If she gets off on the insanity plea, I'm going to go hit against a wall. I'd like to see someone give me an explanation that will convince me that because her older sister died and she's found it "hard to concentrate on anything but that" she had sex with one of her 14 year old students.

If you told me that she had a nervous breakdown and had to stop teaching because of the family tragedy, ok sure, fine, I'll buy that. I'm not buying "I was so distraught I didn't know what I was doing, so I seduced one of my students into having an affair with me." That's bullshit. Just for trying to give that excuse this woman shouldn't be allowed to teach again.
You're correct, but I still don't think the boy suffered any lasting damage.
Old 12-03-04   #5
Shadowborn
Grand Master Geek

Shadowborn is on a distinguished road
Credits: 239,393
No, he probably didn't, but then who really knows? I'm not saying I think she should get a maximum sentence and spend the rest of her life in prison, but I do think she should have her teaching credentials stripped.

Of course, I don't have a full perspective on this because at my schools the teachers were so old that my friends' parents had been taught by them when they were in school...Van Halen's "Hot for Teacher" was something I just couldn't connect with, you know?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I feel this way on DF...a lot.
Old 12-04-04   #6
Arty
Lord of the Dance

Arty will become famous soon enough
Credits: 44,057
Criminally speaking it doesn't matter whether the boy was damaged of course. She'd still be guilty. I don't know about US law, but I think it's often similar to English law because they've both grown from the same legal system, in which case 'profound emotional issues' wouldn't be enough to allow her a defence of insanity. Here she'd have to have a 'disease of the mind' that would make her either be unaware of what she was actually doing or not realise that it was legally wrong. Guilty I say. Though he is a lucky little bastard. I wouldn't kick her out of bed.
'If we take in our hand any volume; of divinity or school metaphysics, for instance; let us ask, Does it contain any abstract reasoning concerning quantity or number? No. Does it contain any experimental reasoning, concerning matterof fact and existence? No. Commit it then to the flames: for it contains nothing but sophistry and illusion.'

'The heart of man is made to reconcile the most glaring contradictions.'

David Hume
Old 12-20-04   #7
errantrogue
which one, though?

errantrogue is on a distinguished road
Credits: 288,983
damn kids have all the luck...

not only did he get some decent play (much decenter than I've had lately), but he'll probably get a fat civil settlement and all the media martyrdom he could want.

"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
Old 12-27-04   #8
One
Live. Love. Life. DIE!

One will become famous soon enough
Credits: 1,916
Lucky bastard is right.
Old 01-18-05   #9
taintedxistance
Wooden Soul

taintedxistance
Credits: 6,805
This has been happening in Australia a fair few times recently. Two that stick in my mind are a male teacher sleeping with a 15 year old female student. He was jailed for 14 years.

THe second is a female teacher sleeping with a 14 year old male student and she got a 3 month suspended sentence.

Now where is the justice in that? Women are always wanting equality, the bitch should have gone to jail

deaths head sodomising a grand piano--Salvador Dali

A giant lamb will fall from heaven and save the world. You poor bastards
Old 01-19-05   #10
Faler
turbo lover

Faler is on a distinguished road
Credits: 36,056
I love the defense they have lined up for that woman. You can tell, they're really desperate, if blaming the sister's death is the best thing they can think of.

Novels come out of my head.
Old 01-19-05   #11
John Preston
Listen

John Preston is on a distinguished road
Credits: 256,181
He got some from the teacher.
Do you want to know how many teachers /I/ wanted some from?!
(Yes, they were sexy women)

Stupid people thinking it's going to cause issues for the boy...
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
Old 01-19-05   #12
Sybs
Unfolding

Sybs is on a distinguished road
Credits: 202,466
What I don't understand is why he reported it? I mean, if he wasn't consenting he would have reported it after the first go. Thus he must have been enjoying it and could have continued to enjoy it if he hadn't ballsed it up by telling someone.
Old 01-19-05   #13
One
Live. Love. Life. DIE!

she must have cut him off or something.
Old 01-19-05   #14
Sybs
Unfolding

Sybs is on a distinguished road
Credits: 202,466
Ah yeah. Stupid cow.
Old 01-19-05   #15
Synikul
fucking jackass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybs
What I don't understand is why he reported it? I mean, if he wasn't consenting he would have reported it after the first go. Thus he must have been enjoying it and could have continued to enjoy it if he hadn't ballsed it up by telling someone.
He didn't "report" it. He just blabbed about it to too many of his friends because he's a stupid 14 year old boy.
Old 01-28-05   #16
Arty
Lord of the Dance

Arty will become famous soon enough
Credits: 44,057
I think that 14 years for having (presumably) consensual sex with a 15-year old sounds well out of order. I don't know the facts of the case, of course, and it may be that he was manipulative etc etc, but 14 years is a hell of a long time, even if he was her teacher. Most murderers don't get that long in this country.

Still, I think it does have to be different for boys and girls. It isn't just prejudice to regard the two Australian cases that taintedxistence as different. It's reality.
'If we take in our hand any volume; of divinity or school metaphysics, for instance; let us ask, Does it contain any abstract reasoning concerning quantity or number? No. Does it contain any experimental reasoning, concerning matterof fact and existence? No. Commit it then to the flames: for it contains nothing but sophistry and illusion.'

'The heart of man is made to reconcile the most glaring contradictions.'

David Hume
Old 02-09-05   #17
Synikul
fucking jackass

Quote:
Tenn. Teacher Accused of Sleeping With 13-Year-Old Student
Wednesday, February 09, 2005

McMINNVILLE, Tenn. — A Warren County elementary teacher has been charged with having a sexual relationship with one of her students, a 13-year-old boy.

Pamela Rogers Turner (search), 27, was charged Monday with 15 counts of sexual battery by an authority figure and 13 counts of statutory rape (search). All the charges involved the same boy.

Turner teaches physical education and coached girls basketball at Centertown Elementary, a Warren County school with grades kindergarten through eight in McMinnville.

District Attorney General Dale Potter said investigators believe some of the offenses happened at the school and some at the boy's home.

Turner lived at the boy's house "for a brief period of time when she was moving from residence to residence," Potter said Tuesday. The boy's parents knew she was living there but didn't know anything about a sexual relationship, Potter said.

Potter declined to comment on the nature of the relationship between Turner and her student, but he said investigators discovered multiple acts of sexual intercourse.

"It's attracting attention because it's a female teacher, and that's a little out of the ordinary," Potter said. "But for us, a sex abuse case is a sex abuse case."

Turner was recently divorced from Chris Turner, who is the head boys basketball coach at Warren County High School, according to the Southern Standard newspaper in McMinnville.

Turner was arrested Monday in Clarkrange, her hometown in Fentress County about 55 miles northeast of McMinnville, Potter said.

Conviction on all counts could be punished by up to 100 years in prison. But Potter said it was more likely that a conviction would mean a minimum of a year to several years in prison.

Arraignment was set for Feb. 23.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,146797,00.html
Here's another lucky little bastard. There are pics of the teacher. She's hot. What the hell is she doing screwing around with a 13 year old boy?
Old 02-09-05   #18
One
Live. Love. Life. DIE!

god dammit, where was I when I was 13 and all this was taking place?
Old 02-09-05   #19
Qoji
Dark Q

Qoji is on a distinguished road
Credits: 79,924
Probably getting your ass kicked by 13 year-olds like him.
Old 02-09-05   #20
One
Live. Love. Life. DIE!

oh yeah .. .damn