Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Entertainment
Reload this Page kick ass chick singers/bands

Old 11-30-04   #1
sixxx(sic)six
satanic teddybear

Location: Under your bed with a very sharp knife...and nekkid!
sixxx(sic)six is on a distinguished road
Credits: 395,024
kick ass chick singers/bands

alrighty, thought we could have a lil' discussion about some bitches here....and i ain't even gonna state shit like Pat Benetar (who was prolly the first metal/hard-rock chick) nor spount off shit about Kittie who were supreme during their few years or Drain STH who are just pretty to look at...and god forbid anybody says anything about Hole (fuck courtney love) and L7 (who were, and are still kool) and Seven Year Bitch (damn girl punk) and even No Doubt

but this is in reference to peeps who enjoy evenescence or however the fuck itz spelled, although i've heard good things about their older albums....and as well as lacuna coil who are just, y'know....i think they suck balls

anywho....here's some more interesting chick-singers/bands i like:

The Gathering...by far one of the best...there from sweden, or switzerland, or norway, or sum shit like that....they originally started as a pseudo-black/goth/extreme metal, but later evolved into one of the best atmospheric/ethereal bands out there.....and itz a much better style that suits them, although they were pretty kick ass in their older days....but now, they just have that sound thatz emotional and mellow, and they haven't lost any fans in the process.....although, new listeners are usually annoyed by her singing, since she does a lot of vibratos, in the end you might come to love them

Amaran....not terribly exciting, just metal with a chick singer, though they do it well

Jack Off Jill....well of course....most peeps here now of JOJ, but if you don't, she's often credited as being A. the female Marilyn Manson, which i think is inaccurate for 1. MM sucks balls; 2. i don't see the connection, although if it weren't for MM or Trent Reznor, JOJ prolly wouldn't have gotten as big as they have.....B. they're also credited as doin' what MM originally wanted to do, whatever that is.......but there's always a mix of fans concerning JOJ, especially concerning their more old-skool, punk, angsty sound, compared to what they became with their chick, gothy sound...

Madder Mortem....they also hail from one of them European countries, not sure where though....i like them a lot....they're not too terribly exciting either, just a metal band with a chick singer, but they do it better than most...

Lennon Murphy....she's hot, she's young, she's somewhat gothy/metal, and very emotional.....her debut album didn't do as well as the hype they made for it, but she snagged some fans along the way....i'm one of them....she has a new album out, but i haven't heard it....she's more for the chicks than the dudes, but she rox...

My Ruin.....very kool, very hot, very angry....their first full album was damn good, mixing angry chick, with angry goth, with crying chick, and overall pissed off bitch all in one swoop.....she's a hell of a screamer, and does it very well....and with lines like "Rape me!!!! and be my hero!!!!" she's definately not for everyone....her latest album was a bit of disappointment...itz good, but nowhere near their masterpiece debut album....most of the songs on their latest album are all angry-bitch, screaming....which really only suits true metal-heads who like the band

Sinister....now, when sinister first hit the scene, they were pure satanic death metal with a male howler-growler....i took an interest in them and lost interest in them just as fast....however, they eventually replaced they're original singer with a chick....i haven't heard the style, but am extremely interested.....thatz s'posedly the best they've ever been....they released a lot of albums with her, but broke up last year

Theatre of Tragedy....i decided to include them, even though they go back and forth from a male lead singer and a female lead singer....who are both in the band....i prefer the songs with her singing than him....overall, they're somewhat gothy....but with him, they're too gothy for my tastes, but with her they're more eclectic and sexual......but overall, they're pretty damn good

Wykked Wytch....isn't for everyone....they're a death/black metal band....a lot of death/black metal heads don't like 'em, and i can see why....musically they are a lil' bland....but if you look past that, you're just amazed that thatz a bitch howling-growling and shrieking.....she can run with the best of them, and in fact is a better howler-growler than most....she's totally evil....and the band name fits, concerning how her shrieking sounds very witch-like and she's ugly as sin.....but, overall, they're worth checkin' out....i love it when a bitch can upstage most death metal singers....

Otep....i've only heard a lil'.....i don't think they're all that, but they are kool enough.....just extreme metal (slipknot is what i've heard them compared to) with a bitch who just screams a lot.....worth a listen as well

Seven...i don't know if they have an actual album out, or just a demo, but i got a copy....they're pretty kool.....metal with a pretty singer

Lullacry....you evenescence kids might like this band....they make me barf, but yeah...enuff said

and then of course, there's all those gothic and techno-rave style chicks:

Collide...from Russia i believe....i like this bitch, she's hot and has a beautiful voice and is a fuckin' bad ass do-it-herself nu-gothic/techno artist....check her out

autumn...for more of you ethereal/gothic peeps....i think itz just her, that whole nu-gothic/techno sound.....she's not so bad....if you like Black Tape for a Blue Girl you'll prolly dig her.....whatz best is that if you find her website, she has like everyone of her songs available for download

Black Tape for a Blue Girl....ethereal/new-york-posh/goths....a lil' too extreme in that genre for me....but, some here prolly dig them....they're pretty huge....

Lords of Acid....need i say more? if you don't know who they are, then they're is sumtin' wrong with you....i'm an acid head....i luv 'em....although, now that Jade4U is no longer with them, and they replaced her with some acid-whore-wannabe, i don't listen to 'em no more....Jade4U has a new project, i don't know what itz called though....but ya'll can find out if you care too

phoenix/NEBULIN....now, someone spammed us here with this band, but i checked 'em out, and i like 'em.....they're more industrial/gothic sounding....female singer, who's fuckin' hot....i know they got a demo out, and i think they're workin' on an actual album....i like 'em.....

switchblade symphony....again, most here prolly know of them....one of the more popular of the nu-goth bands.....all i have to say about 'em is, kool music, good singer, stupid fuckin' lyrics....

Kidney Thieves....not bad, just kinda industrial style.....they were mildly popular in the latter 90's.....i can dig 'em....they're industrial, but not extreme industrial....

and thatz about it for my collection....there's more of course, like Harlow (from california, not that other place) and Butt-Trumpet (funny punk) and some others, but i decided not to include them.......but the above mentioned are ones i really like and listen to often.....i dig chick singers, a lot.......if ya got any to contribute, please do

Last edited by sixxx(sic)six; 11-30-04 at 18:32.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-04   #2
(antihero)
N/A

(antihero) will become famous soon enough
Credits: 297,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixxx(sic)six
Placebo....they ain't metal, but they are kinda angsty (i guess)....i don't know much about this band, i think anti is prolly the best to say anything about them....but from what i have heard i like....
The singer for Placebo is a guy, dude. His name is Brian Molko. He just has a reeeeeeally feminine voice.

Placebo is frickin' great. Sometimes I wish Brian were a chick, so I could obsess over him.
Old 11-30-04   #3
sixxx(sic)six
satanic teddybear

are you fuckin' shittin' me?! WOW!!!! my bad....this entire time i thought it was a chick, the only video i saw was for that movie CRUEL INTENTIONS, and he was wearing chick clothes and looked like that Moss chick from the Matrix....and my roomie was like "She's so hot!" and, so, wow....i'ma strike that off the list then....WOW!!!! i just, wow.....my brain just got a wrinkle

is it possible to feel stupid and smart at the same time?

anywho, don't fret about obsessin' over a dude man....i obsess over Christopher Hall of Stabbing Westward all the fuckin' time....hearin' him sing makes me creme....oh yeah

Last edited by sixxx(sic)six; 11-30-04 at 18:34.
Old 11-30-04   #4
(antihero)
N/A

EVERYBODY thinks he's a girl when they first hear Placebo. I know I sure did.
Old 11-30-04   #5
sixxx(sic)six
satanic teddybear

rock on
Old 12-01-04   #6
johnny_crucifix
Heerreee's Johnny!

Location: Hail to the God of What's Unknown! *Yes, I live there too.*
johnny_crucifix
Credits: 31,771
Here I thought I wouldn't have an inlet to this topic....

Placebo is deffiniatly a great band. And the singer, is hot. Regardless of being a guy.

As for female vocalists (not bitches, my dear Suk) they all pretty much suck. *Nods as if proud of himself* Nu-Metal sucked when tattoed white boys from suburbia with baggy shorts done it....sucks just as bad when sad women do it. But.....

Hole was cool. At least "Live Through This" was. And I did see an impressive female vocalist at the Cradle of Filth show the other week....Arch Enemy I believe? Anyhow, I thought she was a death metal Sebastian Bach till I noticed the breasts.

-Creep
Old 12-01-04   #7
sixxx(sic)six
satanic teddybear

other than that Otep band....not one of those are "nu-metal"......i don't listen to nu-metal......i thought you could've at least gathered that.....
Old 12-01-04   #8
One
Live. Love. Life. DIE!

One will become famous soon enough
Credits: 1,916
I listen to alot of those bands you mentioned and really like some of them alot, however, my fave 3 female fronted bands that I really like and listen to often would have to be Tristania, After Forever, and Epica. I am going to have to check out a couple you have listed there that I have not listened to before though.
Old 12-01-04   #9
(antihero)
N/A

Evil Beaver - two ugly chicks; one on bass and one on guitar. their music kicks ass, though.

Portishead - the lead singer has a great voice, and I love the music.

Bjork - unique as hell, and a badass song writer.

Switchblade Symphony - 'nuff said.

Liz Phair - sorry, she's hot and cool at the same time.

Skunk Anansie - chick's got some soulful pipes. and a shaved head!

The Arcade Fire - the lady sings sometimes, and she can wail. Reminds me of Bjork, only more French-Canadian.

Autour de Lucie - french rock band. she doesn't have the absolute best voice in the world, but it fits the music perfectly.

Softball - Japanese girl punk band. they are fun.

The Detroit Cobras - I saw this band play with the Reverend Horton Heat. They're a rockabilly band with a female lead singer and guitarist (or bassist, i forget). Her voice is really strong and confident, despite the fact that she smoked during the entire set. who'd 've thunk it?

Delerium - not a huuuuge fan of the group, but i'm a fan of her voice.

Lamb - trip-hoppy band. they flat-out rock. if you disagree, you're wrong.
Old 12-02-04   #10
Kendra
Darkness Incarnate

Kendra will become famous soon enough
Credits: 661,698
cycle sluts from hell. they are an all chick band.
Old 12-02-04   #11
johnny_crucifix
Heerreee's Johnny!

Location: Hail to the God of What's Unknown! *Yes, I live there too.*
johnny_crucifix
Credits: 31,771
There's not much that I can gather from you, man.

-Creep
Old 12-02-04   #12
Phage
Masticator

Phage is on a distinguished road
Credits: 39,708
I've just flicked through my music collection and realized that there aren't that many females in it. I like Garbage, though and Splendora, the Sneakerpimps, Sade, Morcheeba.

I'll even admit to Alanis Morisette.
Old 12-02-04   #13
One
Live. Love. Life. DIE!

ha! Alanis played at my highschool. I hated her so much back then.
Old 12-02-04   #14
sixxx(sic)six
satanic teddybear

y'know...there was a band that did that at our high-school too...um...i think they were called Simon Sez or sumtin' like that...i never got why they came to our high-school...during lunch...they must've sucked really bad...i didn't get to hear them 'cuz i was outside for marching band...but yeah, i thought that was weird
Old 12-02-04   #15
One
Live. Love. Life. DIE!

well Alanis only came because she lived here, she is from the city I live in.
Old 12-03-04   #16
Phage
Masticator

Arr. There's a great band in Australia that does small gigs called the Megamen or something. I heard them playing in the square.
Old 12-03-04   #17
silverflame
a strange little lesbian

silverflame is on a distinguished road
Credits: 87,417
there was a local band called transylvania terror...they were really good. my friend mario (a big black dude with dreds and three lip rings) was the lead. he has a new band now but i'm not sure of what they're called.
Old 12-03-04   #18
(antihero)
N/A

Transylvania Terror? PLEASE tell me that was a joke name, and that they weren't at all goth.
Old 12-04-04   #19
Kendra
Darkness Incarnate

Kendra will become famous soon enough
Credits: 661,698
i'm thinking google would be a perfect place to find alot of female bands..... i'm gonna go a head and do that right now....
Old 12-04-04   #20
Phage
Masticator

Quote:
Originally Posted by (antihero)
Transylvania Terror? PLEASE tell me that was a joke name, and that they weren't at all goth.
Who, the transylvanians?