Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Aliens and the Bible

Old 11-07-04   #1
coldandsilent
whirlwind

coldandsilent is on a distinguished road
Credits: 16,010
Aliens and the Bible

An idea is about that people in the bible came in contact with aliens instead of angels. Points,

People in that era wouldn't know the difference between some thing divine and something technological.

The Angels used images to convey messages to the witnesses; Aliens use ESP to talk using images in most UFO abduction accounts.

The miracle births in the bible, Jesus, and so on, and Aliens using their test subjects for breeding programs has always been in a lot of cases.

Aliens have been known to give prophesies, and here’s a line...Ezekiel 1-28, speaks of a wheel that flies too.
"And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came from the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding its self, and brightness was about it...." Then it goes on to describe four creatures with four faces, one man, one lion, on eagle, on ox.
Lion, has always been a main symbol for the UK, and eagle the US of course, it’s a stretch but hey, so is faith=P thought?
Old 11-07-04   #2
surreal

surreal is on a distinguished road
Credits: 105,127
there's a lot of symbolism in there that can be scrutinized. in revelation there is a segment that speaks of a lion with wings, and it stood up and it's wings were severed from its body.
*cough*
hmm.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-04   #3
Synikul
fucking jackass

Synikul is on a distinguished road
Credits: 117,776
I read something about a Hindu account of one of their gods, who lived with them at the time, destroying one of their enemies by "hurling a shining lance, that rode on a pillar of fire"

I'm full of useless trivia that I've picked up over the years, and I have nothing to link to to back up any of it.
Old 11-08-04   #4
Shadowborn
Grand Master Geek

Shadowborn is on a distinguished road
Credits: 239,393
Surreal makes a good point. Too many people try to read stories in holy scriptures literally, when they could look at them symbolically as well, which they should, because the Bible is literature...perhaps not the best literature, aside from some Psalms, but I'm of the opinion that a good amount of it was not meant to be taken literally.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I feel this way on DF...a lot.
Old 11-08-04   #5
coldandsilent
whirlwind

coldandsilent is on a distinguished road
Credits: 16,010
i dont believe anything in the bible or about it, i just thought it was a good new angle for those who havent heard it, its best to look at all angles no matter how obvious or how crazy they seem, always test.
Old 11-23-04   #6
Kain424
Death to Hollywood

Kain424 is on a distinguished road
Credits: 90,483
For more information, read Chariots of the Gods.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-27-04   #7
comicallyinsane
Face in the Mist

comicallyinsane is on a distinguished road
Credits: 1,169
Well if the bible is true it doesn't make much sense for God, who makes up all the rules has to send his son to "save" us from our sins. I say it could have been aliens, too. Who knows?
Old 01-07-05   #8
thefallenikarus
the one without wings

thefallenikarus is on a distinguished road
Credits: 7,586
the bible was written by aliens when they came down to help build the pyramids which they use like cell phone towers to monitor us. or so said some strange man on one of those the aliens are among us type web sites. the bible is like a big book of fables it has lots of life lessons but shouldn't nessarily be taken at face value not to mention the fact that it was written thousands of years ago and lots of things have changed since then like electricity sanitation and child abuse laws. Not to mention civil rights. It needs to be looked at as a historical document that has some good points not the be all and end all of how you need to live and funtion. I mean in the bible it advocates gay bashing, killing a baby if its mixed race selling a a rebellious daughter to slavery, stoning a rebelious son. Like i said times have changed, we need to look past the bible and start realizing true values of humanity, and not basing your life and values on a book and so before you drink the proverbial cool-aid with the masses realize you have your own beleif and (hopefully) good sense.
Old 01-07-05   #9
errantrogue
which one, though?

errantrogue is on a distinguished road
Credits: 288,983
ooo... but who would want to sleep with Visitors? they're all green (or gray) and andro...

(sodom and gommorah ref)

"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
Old 01-10-05   #10
Shadowborn
Grand Master Geek

Shadowborn is on a distinguished road
Credits: 239,393
Apparently someone does...how else do you explain all the so-called abductees who supposedly gave birth to half-breed alien children?

I feel this way on DF...a lot.
Old 01-28-05   #11
Giselle
New Blood

Giselle is on a distinguished road
Credits: 273
Its a good theory for those who believe in extra terristrial (sp?) life. Actually a great topic for debate. Do you have anything other than the wheel in teh sky reference that can help solidify the theory?
Old 01-28-05   #12
lost graves
Face in the Mist

lost graves is on a distinguished road
Credits: 5,231
i heard that inside the vatican there is a picture of a guy in a spaceship. *ponder that*

"With soap, baptism is a good thing"
-Robert Ingersoll
Old 01-28-05   #13
thefallenikarus
the one without wings

thefallenikarus is on a distinguished road
Credits: 7,586
the vatican vaults swallowed everything that it deems dangerous to catholicism. Supposedly it has like all sorts of dangerous spell books and scrolls that undermine the basis of christianity. but hey.
Old 01-28-05   #14
surreal

surreal is on a distinguished road
Credits: 105,127
maybe dan brown should write a story on that huh?

when you really consider where angels are "from".. what exactly makes them outside the "alien" classification? i'm not saying angels are aliens. angels are angels, but they fit within that "alien" category too in many ways.
there's nothing new really being said here. i've never read a part of the bible i could not believe was true. sure, i've read parts and felt indifferent or apathetic about it, because i felt nothing. but all too often i'll find awesome concepts in there. anyone that doesn't believe in god avoids the bible like they've deemed it their own personal sin.

that and the points worth focusing on in this book are not the stories, but the concepts, motivations, and feelings the people in it felt and dwelled upon. no, don't focus on it literally. that's not what it offers.