Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page The only personality test worth taking. (start on pg 1!)

Old 10-15-04   #1
Iron's Rite
United States of Moronica

Location: "The forest folded it's branches around me, something passed by and I went into a dream." -Opeth
Iron's Rite is on a distinguished road
Credits: 253,465
The only personality test worth taking. (start on pg 1!)

This is a very cool, very effective little game of visualization that I've had a round for a few years. It works with abstract imagery to give a projection of an indivudual person's phsyche and their interactions. If you read how to interpret the imagery of The Cube before going through it it will be rendered innefective so I am going to post the game itself first and then the interpretation guide later. Be warned that I am not joking about how effective this is.

1. Picture a desert. The first thing that comes to your mind. it can be a realistic one, or your fantasy idea of a desert. Describe it.

2. Now imagine that there is a cube in the desert. How big is it? What is it made of, if you can tell? What is it's texture? is it solid or hollow? Is it sitting flat on the ground or is it in some other position? Come up with a few adjectives to describe it.

3. Now picture a ladder in the desert. Where is it in relation to the cube? What is it made of? Is it a straight ladder or a stepladder? Does it have a lot of rungs, or a few?

4. Now add a horse in the desert. What color is it? Where is it in relation to the cube and ladder and what is it doing? Is it wearing a bridle or saddle?

5. there is a storm somewhere in the desert. Where do you see it? What kind of storm is it? Does it affect the cube, ladder and horse or not?

6. Finally, there are flowers in the desert. Are they clustered in one location, or scattered around the desert? Are there a lot of them or a few? What kind are they and what color?

I'll post the interpretation after a few pages, so after this thread has a few pages to it do not read ahead. Read this page and post your answers before you read any further. Now go.
[hildegard von bingen - ordo virtutum]

Last edited by Denalay; 10-15-04 at 15:57.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-04   #2
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

RedMeat will become famous soon enoughRedMeat will become famous soon enough
Credits: 311,095
1. Picture a desert. The first thing that comes to your mind. it can be a realistic one, or your fantasy idea of a desert.
Simple desert with one tiny oasis. A single tree bent over a small pool of water.
2. Now imagine that there is a cube in the desert. How big is it? What is it made of, if you can tell? What is it's texture? is it solid or hollow? Is it sitting flat on the ground or is it in some other position? Come up with a few adjectives to describe it.
Small, solid, metal, sharp, reflective, sharpish edges, warm but not too hot to hold.

3. Now picture a ladder in the desert. Where is it in relation to the cube? What is it made of? Is it a straight ladder or a stepladder? Does it have a lot of rungs, or a few?
A wooden ladder with lots of rungs and quite far away from the cube laying down on the sand.

4. Now add a horse in the desert. What color is it? Where is it in relation to the cube and ladder and what is it doing? Is it wearing a bridle or saddle?
Pure brown horse standing and staring at me. It has a saddle and is forms a third point to turn the cube and ladder into a triangle.

5. there is a storm somewhere in the desert. Where do you see it? What kind of storm is it? Does it affect the cube, ladder and horse or not?
Violent storm in the distance with tornadoes. Doesnt affect any of them.

6. Finally, there are flowers in the desert. Are they clustered in one location, or scattered around the desert? Are there a lot of them or a few? What kind are they and what color?
Small bunch of flowers growing out of the sand in a tight knit arrangement. Closer to me than the ladder or horse, just to the right and a little behind me. White flowers with pink lines..I dont know what kind they are.

Darkness squeezes, Satan`s platypus rises tonight! Bork, bork, bork!

Last edited by RedMeat; 10-17-04 at 15:10.
Old 10-15-04   #3
sixxx(sic)six
satanic teddybear

Location: Under your bed with a very sharp knife...and nekkid!
sixxx(sic)six is on a distinguished road
Credits: 395,024
my cube is very colorful.....(i can't help but picture that cube from ATHF....or like a rubick's cube....so yeah, itz colorful, but all one solid color on each of itz sides....i see some red, green, blue, etc.....itz big, and hollow, and is above the ground....and for some reason, it seems like itz made out of digital type shit....yet real)

the ladder is wooden, but itz a straight ladder....and it leads up to the cube....has many rungs...

the horse is dark brown....and itz way off in the distance.....um, i don't know what a bridle is, but itz definately NOT wearing a saddle....i don't really see anything on it...

the storm is also in the distance, and now that i picture a storm, i also picture some mountains in the distance.....it doesn't reall effect anything, but the storm would definately effect the horse before the cube....

hmm....i see lotz of flowers everywhere now, but the desert isn't overly crowded with 'em....they just are sporadically everywhere......i don't really know flowers, but i see some yellow ones and red ones and some oranges ones......i know they aren't roses, but thatz about it.....i don't know anything about flowers.....
Old 10-15-04   #4
Iron's Rite

Location: "The forest folded it's branches around me, something passed by and I went into a dream." -Opeth
Cool stuff but the desert is a major part of the analysis as well and should be included in the description of your visualizations.
Old 10-15-04   #5
Uncletiggs
DF's Dirty 'ol Man
Admin

Uncletiggs will become famous soon enough
Credits: 218,114
Hmmm, might as well... peer pressure and all...

vast deset with rolling drifts(of sand), flowering cacti scattered here and there, A brown horse with no bridle(the bit in their mouth) or saddle slowly crossing from left to right not that far a distance from me.. The cube, not hollow or opaque but shimmering a dark metallic grey tipped on its side, partially buried, lies beyond that, further into the distance than the horse. the aluminum ladder is beyond both, but to the left.. twisted and bent, most likely from the storm that is moving off(to the right). It would seem that the cube was tipped from that same storm as well.. and the horse is following the storm..

i could go on, but i think thats what you wanted..

Nice guys finish last
It isn't just a saying.. It's a fact of life!

Those things that produced your ex......you know, the bitchmakers! Metagion

If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is it considered rape or shoplifting?

You're not who you are, you're only what other people think you are

Your more Delusional than you think I am! {Duck Dodgers}
Old 10-15-04   #6
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

ArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these parts
Credits: 28,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denalay
1. Picture a desert. The first thing that comes to your mind. it can be a realistic one, or your fantasy idea of a desert. Describe it.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
6. Finally, there are flowers in the desert. Are they clustered in one location, or scattered around the desert? Are there a lot of them or a few? What kind are they and what color?[/i]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-15-04   #7
crimsonnyte
A Bit of Luck

crimsonnyte is on a distinguished road
Credits: 109,377
amusing ArSi.

I am going to conform:

Something like Nevada - dusty, cacti, small shrubs, rattlesnakes, skorpions scurrying about...

a cube in the desert? A small black cube that can fit in the palm of my hand. its made of basalt. how did volcanic rock end up in the desert? I dunno...you tell me. its solid and all sides and edges are smooth. and its lying within the protective coils of a rattlesnake.

the ladder is a traditional ladder - like the one from "The Ring" standing upright as if propped against a wall when there is no wall...

a black horse - with red eyes. mustang. wild. unbridled. free. standing in the distance...on a plateau

a wind storm - to the far east...moving across the horizon having no affect on
myself or my surroundings

crimson flowers, with some yellow ones thrown into the batch - thorny. pick then and you would bleed. scattered about at the base of the cacti...
Old 10-15-04   #8
Siren

Siren is on a distinguished road
Credits: 31,780
A sahara like dessert, large hills of sand covered with ripples, a small lagoon with a palm tree on each side in the center.....the cube is very large and soft, kinda like a big cube shaped beachball floating a few feet in the air, and it's blue.....the ladder is long and wooden, and straight, like tall track ladder in a library...it's propped against the cube, reaching the top....the horse is a palomino, no saddle or bridle, standing by the lagoon (probably about 20 yards from the cube)....the storm is a sandstorm, blowing through the dessert in the distance.....the flowers are large tropical one, yellow , red , orange, purple, growing around the lagoon....
Old 10-15-04   #9
crypt orchid
: f : u : c : k : e : r :

crypt orchid is on a distinguished road
Credits: 56,182
Quote:
Just sand, bright orange/reddish. Flat, slightly rippled, no dunes, plants, animals or anything like that. The sky is a very sharp blue in contrast with the desert.
Quote:
the cube is clear with a light blue tint and is quite small, maybe a cubic foot. It sits about 6 inches above the ground with it's bottom and top parallel to the sand. and it's rotating...hm....

Quote:
It's a straight ladder that originates in the bottom of the cube and goes straight up into the sky beyond sight. The ladder itself is very compact and has many rungs that are very close together. Aren't I eloquent?

Quote:
the horse is a big black horse that's off in the distance, 3/4 of the way to the horizon from the cube. Not much to say about it...it has a long mane that flows across its face.

Quote:
the storm first appears far in the distance and approaches as a huge black and purple cloud. It brings thunder, rain, lighting, that sort of thing. The wind whips the horses mane across its eyes, forcing it to keep its eyes closed. The ladder is unaffected, the cube spins faster. The storm overtakes the whole sky. rawR.

Quote:
they appear in large ring that surrounds the cube. They're red roses. They're unaffected by the storm. (Dunno if the cube and storm matter at this point, but whatever.)
[/quote]

Old 10-15-04   #10
Sic Simon
Permanently Banned

Sic Simon is on a distinguished road
Credits: 304,890
Quote:
This is a very cool, very effective little game of visualization that I've had a round for a few years. It works with abstract imagery to give a projection of an indivudual person's phsyche and their interactions. If you read how to interpret the imagery of The Cube before going through it it will be rendered innefective so I am going to post the game itself first and then the interpretation guide later. Be warned that I am not joking about how effective this is.

Im.in.a.desert.filled.with.endless.waves.of.imperfect.orange.sand,.each.wave.twi tches.with.the.imagery.of.mountainous.rock.sculptures.that.lie.in.the.backround. .............................................2. Now imagine that there is a cube in the desert. How big is it? What is it made of, if you can tell? What is it's texture? is it solid or hollow? Is it sitting flat on the ground or is it in some other position? Come up with a few adjectives to describe it.There.is.a.small.grey.box.floating.a.few.inches.above.the.ground.it.seems.to. be.made.of.plasma.as.it.is.changing.size.and.shape.in.a.very.fluid.like.fashion

3. Now picture a ladder in the desert. Where is it in relation to the cube? What is it made of? Is it a straight ladder or a stepladder? Does it have a lot of rungs, or a few?.There.is.a.ladder.that.is.twisting.and.turning.into.the.sky.and.i.cannot.se e.the.top.of.it,.there.are.many.rungs.but.few.of.them.stay.in.the.same.place.for .long

4. Now add a horse in the desert. What color is it? Where is it in relation to the cube and ladder and what is it doing? Is it wearing a bridle or saddle?.The.horse.stands.above.me.it.is.twice.the.size.of.a.normal.male.horse.an d.covered.in.grey.strands.of.hair.it.speaks.to.me.and.tells.me.about.the.plants. that.it.eats.in.the.desert

5. there is a storm somewhere in the desert. Where do you see it? What kind of storm is it? Does it affect the cube, ladder and horse or not?.The.storm.is.all.encompassing.and.filled.wiqth.lines.of.multicolored.lightn ing.constantly.strikaing.I.sit.and.watch.the.spectacle.with.the.horse.named.reve lashire

.There.are.only.a.couple.dozen.grey.flowers.growing.from.the.top.of.a.black.pian o.near.a.river.of.quicksand

I'll post the interpretation after a few pages, so after this thread has a few pages to it do not read ahead. Read this page and post your answers before you read any further. Now go.
one

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-16-04   #11
*SpaceGhost*
none

*SpaceGhost* is on a distinguished road
Credits: 111,939

The Sand is orangy reddish,and rippled.In the very far distance you see a little bright sun,burning.Those camel-llama type things from the empire strikes back,on the ice planet,are running around.

A huge cube just rose from the sand,and its light blue.Glittery.Surging energy around it.Its made of energy.You can see through it,and it looks like a ocean inside.Its not flat on the ground, its floating just several feet above it.

Now, a ladder just appeared.Its very long,spanning miles.it falls on the ground,it has nothing to keep it up.Its to the right of the cube.

I see a couple of horses in the distance,both wearing saddles.they gallop by.

In the background,there is a sand storm.It looks like a tornado, or a cyclone.Everything around it,is un-affected.

Thousands of yellow flowers sprout,and blossom out of the sand.Following the flowers,are large thick green vines with thorns.grass grows.
Old 10-16-04   #12
pseudogoth dash
question everything

pseudogoth dash is on a distinguished road
Credits: 41,972
Ok...

Desert:
Big, immense, vast space.
Reddish coloured dirt everywhere. The sort of dirt that gets in your shoes, your socks, your arse-crack and you never get it out. Two months later you'll take your socks off and there'll be dirt in them from this desert.
It's flat with the occaisonal sparse tree surrounded by low, spiky bushes.
Periodically there are huge (20, 30 feet) sand-dunes, each one between 10 and 100 metres long, wide and flat; and if you try to climb them each step dislodges dirt and you just slide to the bottom.
The desert goes forever in every direction under a sky which is just as big, there are tyre-tracks and footprints occaisonally but no signs of life.
It is completely silent and there are no animals, not even flies.
The sun is big and yellow and hot, directly overhead. The heat is stifling but it is a dry heat, very, very dry.

The cube:
There is a cube in the sky, it is made of metal sheets rivetted together.
It hovers high in the air, higher than the sand dunes but in the middle of a big open patch of ground.
It casts a big shadow on the ground.
It is maybe 15 feet each side.

The ladder:
It is one of those triple-jointed, metal tradesman's ladders that can become a ladder, an a-frame ladder, or a workbench with a couple of adjustments.
It is lying on the ground next to me.
At full extension it is only about 12feet long.
It has red plastic feet on it.

The horse:
The horse is a wild brumby.
It is a male, black hair, with a long mane.
It has fierce eyes and bucks and snorts.
It doesn't have a saddle.
It is standing some distance away from the point-of-view, swishing its tail and twitching.

The storm:
Big, dark, heavy storm-clouds gather on the horizon over the top of the biggest sand dune.
From the point-of-view they are very far away (the horizon is a long way from anywhere in a desert).
They slowly gather until the storm begins with a roll of thunder which reaches the point-of view at the same time that a fork of lightning is seen between the highest point of the dune and the bottom of one of the clouds.
Rain begins to pour out of the clouds; it is still hot.

The flowers:
There are two types of flowers.
The first ones are small and yellow and grow out of the bushes which surround the trees.
The second ones are deep red and grow by themselves, sporadically, throughout the desert.

~~

Analyze that!
Old 10-16-04   #13
Spikess
Spikes Personal Stalker

Spikess is on a distinguished road
Credits: 5,982
Quote:

empty, bar from a big rock, with a sand storm going on and a lizard trying to get to the rock.

big cube, sitting on a point, its red/hollow, smooth, made of glass.

small ladder parrel(sp) to the cube, its made of wood and is old and rickety.

a white horse far in the distance from the cube and the ladder, just looking around.

its going on around the cube and the ladders the horse is watching it happen.

there is lots black and red roses scattered all over the place, theyre pretty...

im just writing this here as my message apparently is too short to be bloody posted..

Old 10-17-04   #14
sixxx(sic)six
satanic teddybear

Location: Under your bed with a very sharp knife...and nekkid!
sixxx(sic)six is on a distinguished road
Credits: 395,024
Quote:
Cool stuff but the desert is a major part of the analysis as well and should be included in the description of your visualizations.
oh, indeed....i forgot to describe my desert....

um.....itz not real sandy, more like one of those hard cracked deserts.....with a mountain range in the background......and there aren't ant cactuses or anything like that....just flat-hard-cracked land....plus everything i decribed in my prior post
Old 10-17-04   #15
Mia~ow
Dark Misanthrope

Mia~ow will become famous soon enoughMia~ow will become famous soon enough
Credits: -2,625

There is black and silver sand, and the moon is rising up just on the horizon.

It's a cube the size of a house. It's black and shiny, solid but gelatinous. It's also floating about 6 feet off the ground, but there is no shadow.

It's a straight ladder and it's resting up against the cube. It's metalic and silver with about 20 rungs.

A white horse and it's rearing up looking at the cube. It has no saddle.

The storm is like a twister coming up over the horizon. It's kicking up sand, but it's not close enough to effect the cube the ladder or the horse.

They are pink flowers, but small, and interwoven with green shrubbery. They are in one place ontop of a sand dune.
Old 10-17-04   #16
>FuckDoll<
hate hate hate

>FuckDoll< will become famous soon enough
Credits: -2,014
1. The desert is dry, white sand, very hot, very sweaty, and large. Lot's of dunes, seems deserted.

2. The cube is about 10'x10'x10', dark glass, smooth, hollow, flat, it is slightly askew, it is very close to me, and fascinating.

3. The ladder is leaning on the cube, straight, several rungs, maybe 6, it's made of wood.

4. Pure black horse, no saddle, or bridal, it's barebacked, it's not doing anything but standing about 30' from me, the cube, and the ladder.

5. Storm is close, it's a large dark thunderstorm, tons of bolt lightening, no affect on the cube, no affect on the ladder, no affect on me, but the horse is anxious.

6. It's a desert, there arn't a lot of flowers. There is just one, on a cactus... it's a cactus flower. They're white and, it's close to me.

Last edited by >FuckDoll<; 10-17-04 at 20:03.
Old 10-17-04   #17
Kendra
Darkness Incarnate

Kendra will become famous soon enough
Credits: 661,708
my desert would be a desert. of course the desert it would be at night time. where you could be able to see the moon and stars.... while the clouds are racing across the nightly sky. i would have a bounch of people at the desert. we would have music playing, alcohol, and bone fires......and i'd have a bounch of strippers every where. they could either have fun and do what they want. as well as being able to strip for intertainment. and of course i'd be the grand master of the strippers.

the box is 12 by 12 and it's made with forms of energy..... the color of the box would be golden. and it is solid as a mother fucking rock!! the cube is floating a few inches above the ground.

3. picture a ladder in the desert. Where is it in relation to the cube? What is it made of? Is it a straight ladder or a stepladder? Does it have a lot of rungs, or a few? the ladder is going straight up to the cube. it is made from eluminum... the ladder would be striaght of course..... and it only has a few rungs.

the color of the horse would be black. the horse is heading up the ladder to go straight into the cube...... the horse is mainly wearing a bridle.

i see a storm within my own area. were having a bounch of dust storm. but it doesn't affect the cube or ladder. eventhough it does affect the hourse.

they are scattered around the desert. there's alot of them and there everywhere. they are all different kinds of flowers as well as being colorfulled.
Old 10-17-04   #18
Phage
Masticator

Phage is on a distinguished road
Credits: 39,708
I got bored of reading about deserts with horses and cubes in them, so I'm assuming that no one who got up to here wants to hear mine.
Old 10-17-04   #19
Iron's Rite

I do. I'll post the decoding on the third page.
Old 10-17-04   #20
Phage
Masticator

Phage is on a distinguished road
Credits: 39,708
I'm so touched. I'll get 'round to it eventually.