Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page The Rage For Order Syndrome

Old 07-27-04   #1
Lanthros
Embracer Of The Dark

Lanthros is on a distinguished road
Credits: 21,764
The Rage For Order Syndrome

The premise of this ideal is pretty simple. All things any human may ever do in a case of agression, abounding chaos, etc.. is an attempt at creating/restoreing order out of said chaos. This may sound rather against the common thought of human nature being destructive (which we are fairly destructive in a way) but bare with me while I go through the process of explaining this ideal to you.

First of all let us examine what would most likely happen if tomorow ALL governments and authorities no longer existed. Ofcourse there would be an utter fall out with much violence, death, theft, rape, victimization on all levels, etc.. takeing place. This would likely go on for a very long time. Eventualy over the course of anywhere between months to years in time you would start seeing some form of organization spring forward. There would be first of all gangs most likely slowly morphing into clans all lead by the ones who have lashed out so tremendously and so forcefully that they have earned the fear and or respect of those around them. These leaders ofcourse would automaticly set up "laws" based on his personal views to keep those under his command in check and fearing. These groups of people then take on the simbalance of small governments in that way creating a small mockery of the order once known. It doesent end here though. Soon enough these groups will start to spread and fight with other groups for supremacy. Over time Fully fledged governments WILL arise out of that chaos be they good bad right or wrong they will still form.

The key factor in this syndrome that most if not all of us are afflicted with is dominance in one way or another. An anarchist even in succeding in cuaseing a more extreme version of the above events is still falling into this cycle. In causeing said events he still holds a power of dominance over the rest of the world makeing it all fall into his views of what is best. His place in the "rage for order syndrome" falls thusly, he is able to say "I did this to you I am better because look at how I have effected all of yoru lives. Build it up and I can crush at all down again". This is pretty self explanatory.in my mind.

What person out there can honestly say that they have never had the thought "if I were in charge things would be better" or some form of such? I myself have had thoughts along those lines Im sure you have as well. This in its self is a form of expressing the desire for your own brand of order. The rage expresses in us all when our views on said things are challenged by others with seperate views. Hence the formation of debates, arguments, fights, wars, etc.. .

There are ofcourse countless more examples of this in existence. I would like you all to post examples youve come up with of this syndrome and or your debates against the theory this proposes. Please ofcourse use the best logic your all capable of (this is ofcourse harder for some Ive seen then others lol) and please try to give full examples rather then brief descriptions.
Old 07-29-04   #2
sixxx(sic)six
satanic teddybear

Location: Under your bed with a very sharp knife...and nekkid!
sixxx(sic)six is on a distinguished road
Credits: 395,024
hmm....times like this i wish i wouldn't have dropped that "philosophy of government" course....pity
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-04   #3
Lanthros
Embracer Of The Dark

you dont need a course in such things to form opinions of them lol. As far as everything Ive seen in life this is a pretty sound theory but I would like some other people to either support or debate against it with logicly sound instances.
Old 08-01-04   #4
sixxx(sic)six
satanic teddybear

Location: Under your bed with a very sharp knife...and nekkid!
sixxx(sic)six is on a distinguished road
Credits: 395,024
i like to go into my arguments prepared for war....in this case, i have nothing
Old 08-03-04   #5
Lanthros
Embracer Of The Dark

lol well atleast your honest there
Old 08-06-04   #6
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

RedMeat will become famous soon enoughRedMeat will become famous soon enough
Credits: 311,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanthros
The key factor in this syndrome that most if not all of us are afflicted with is dominance in one way or another. An anarchist even in succeding in cuaseing a more extreme version of the above events is still falling into this cycle. In causeing said events he still holds a power of dominance over the rest of the world makeing it all fall into his views of what is best. His place in the "rage for order syndrome" falls thusly, he is able to say "I did this to you I am better because look at how I have effected all of yoru lives. Build it up and I can crush at all down again". This is pretty self explanatory.in my mind.
I`ve always thought of the anarchist view of order being one of breaking it down into lower groups, possibly evolving until it reaches the individual level and stays there. You could argue that establishing such a system would be a form of dominance in itself since it does effect the world, but that overlooks the vital point of the complete equal distribution of power.
In the end rage for order may be the natural state of things but that does not mean we can evolve beyond that. Seeking to impose order in the world around you is often just a reflection of the lack of order in your own life, or in your own mind, rather than following any noble ideal. If those cases decrease over time then it is likely that both the destructive nature of mankind and it`s desire to impose order will also decrease.

Darkness squeezes, Satan`s platypus rises tonight! Bork, bork, bork!
Old 08-09-04   #7
Lanthros
Embracer Of The Dark

That pretty much kind of goes along with what I was saying I was just being as brief on the subject as possible. I could ofcourse have broken the entire theory down into much smaller and more specific instances but I wasnt in the mood to write a philosophy book lol. Motivation aside it still basicly works to the same end. An anarchist may work out of a seperate set of ideals and with different tactics with a different "goal" in mind then the rest of the world but they still in the end fall into the rage for order syndrome just over a longer time frame it completes with the same result.
Old 08-09-04   #8
Lanthros
Embracer Of The Dark

As far as the reasons for imposeing order in the rest of the world, I cant agree or disagree because it ends up being different reasons for everyone. Humans are after all just animals that run in intricate packs that change in a different way then others. While I limited my original post on this to humans as examples it does extend to all liveing animals really. The differance is, the rest of the animal kingdom doesent have illusions clouding thier visions of why they do what they do.