Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page A place of inquiry.

Old 06-20-04   #1
surreal

surreal is on a distinguished road
Credits: 105,127
A place of inquiry.

i don't know how many of you knew this but i have a very intimate relationship with someone unseen but felt.
he's commonly referred to as God, but in speaking to him i don't really refer to him as anything (and i only say him because it's a pronoun that works. it's really not a big deal. he was here before the english language. please don't nitpick that.)
i'd hope that, for most of you, you'd know by now i'm not one to give in to a stupid "crutch" as it's commonly called. i have been called delusional, even crazy, in the way i see God. that may be, but quite honestly, aside from this forum, it's commonly a respected "delusion".
i find it to simply be a truth. it makes no statement about me personally, in that i know it, it's just a matter of different experiences and perspectives.
anyway, i'm making this thread because i'd like to be asked questions.

also, it's a venue for me to be able to keep my mouth shut in other forums where such views aren't was welcome.
again, i'm not trying to change anybody's perception, i'm just making this thread as a place to get a possibly new point of view.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-04   #2
Aeternus
-= Grey CyberAngel =-

Location: 41:65:74:65:72:6E:75:73 => 58:65:78:71:82:89:58:00 <=
Aeternus is on a distinguished road
Credits: 112,545
Very well. You assume this unseen entity to be God / a god. What is your reason for this assumption? Only the fact that it does not appear to your normal senses yet is able to communicate?

... Time has no bearing...
...when the whiteout begins...

Don't come after me...

Old 06-21-04   #3
surreal

what exactly do you mean by "God/a god"?
Old 06-21-04   #4
Aeternus
-= Grey CyberAngel =-

Quote:
i have a very intimate relationship with someone unseen but felt.
he's commonly referred to as God
I do not know what religious perspective you are coming from (mono- or polytheism) so I added both such definitions. Question is not what I mean by it (I don't believe in the existance of Gods as a whole, as far as the classic definition is concerned) but what you mean by that word. What do you believe this entity is? Why is it a "god" and what is -your- definition of "God".

Don't come after me...

Old 06-21-04   #5
Lord-IVD
DM

Lord-IVD is on a distinguished road
Credits: 61,492
Surrel if it is the presence of the ONE who is ALL ..youll know it !!
so dont worry about Is it GOD or not ? unless this presence has ever had you do things your uncomfortable doing or in any way has been a burdin ,Self to has GOD or as self likes to say The One who is ALL with self EVERY day

So you should also have the peace of mind that comes with this knowlege,,mind you there are too few ppl like this in the would it would seem ..Their Ego's get in the way ..
Old 06-21-04   #6
surreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeternus
I do not know what religious perspective you are coming from (mono- or polytheism) so I added both such definitions. Question is not what I mean by it (I don't believe in the existance of Gods as a whole, as far as the classic definition is concerned) but what you mean by that word. What do you believe this entity is? Why is it a "god" and what is -your- definition of "God".
yea see that right there is the reason why it's often a bit difficult to understand my angle.

we're raised to pick a religion. pick something that defines who we are and what culture we were brought up in.
last time i checked, reality, truth, didn't change to fit your culture or background. apparently religion doesn't make a lot of sense now does it?
conversely let's not throw the baby out with the holy water. perhaps there is a being that is unseen but with love in it's heart that proves its existence. but this religion nonsense is a product of our lack of ability to comprehend something like that, so in turn we make up rules.
that's mankind's answer to everything. make up rules.
what if this thing was just out there, loves us, and wanted to talk. Help us to get to know him (it whatever).
so is this thing a God to me? i don't care, honestly. i don't think anyone really knows that they define as God or a god.
the one that i know does love. he does speak to me. he hears me. i've seen no limit to what he can do aside from forcing me to tell him i love him. that wouldn't be love. love is imparted to you by someone else of their own choice. so yea, that's the only limit i've found on him.
i call him God typically because he likes that name when i speak to others of him. he doesn't seem to care for it when i call him that between he and i though. But to you i can call him Dios. Or susie q. *shrug*
Old 06-22-04   #7
Aeternus
-= Grey CyberAngel =-

Hrm. Sounds more to me like it's a spirit with a little-to-big ego. No harm there, you're obviously comfortable with it... However, I doubt it is "God" any more then you are.

And as for my beliefs and religion: I have none. I believe mainly in logics... Yet do not reject that which is unproven as unexisting.

Don't come after me...

Old 06-22-04   #8
surreal

fair 'nuff. i respect your desire to keep learning.
i'm the same way. life is an ongoing experience to learn from innit?
Old 06-22-04   #9
Lord-IVD
DM

Lord-IVD is on a distinguished road
Credits: 61,492
Hey Aeterus ..if your hard core science minded you should check out self's I-CHI-AL it fits with your

"And as for my beliefs and religion: I have none. I believe mainly in logics... Yet do not reject that which is unproven as unexisting."

And well ....we all are God lol

And yea any time you can hear God most religious ppl feak out !! Well self too talks to God and feels or gets answers ...following the instructions recived once is how self found self's wife !!

Last edited by Lord-IVD; 06-22-04 at 11:40.
Old 06-22-04   #10
Aeternus
-= Grey CyberAngel =-

I see no reason to Lord IVD. I have no need for constrained religious beliefs of any sort.

Don't come after me...

Old 06-22-04   #11
surreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-IVD
Hey Aeterus ..if your hard core science minded you should check out self's I-CHI-AL it fits with your

"And as for my beliefs and religion: I have none. I believe mainly in logics... Yet do not reject that which is unproven as unexisting."

And well ....we all are God lol

And yea any time you can hear God most religious ppl feak out !! Well self too talks to God and feels or gets answers ...following the instructions recived once is how self found self's wife !!
sounds like we're on a pretty similar understanding here.
as you can see, i have far less to debate with atheists, agnostics, than i do with mormons, the jewish, and christians.
when i account for my personal relationship, christians often bring up such things as "yes according to the bible he imparts wisdom on you"..
well yea la dee da but he also just talks to me about what he's feeling and stuff.
"well he doesn't need to do that, i think you're just imagining that part."
mmm k yea sorry, i didn't mean to shed some light on what is actually beautiful about an artist of such character.
my bad.