Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Entertainment
Reload this Page Dawn of the Dead

Old 03-19-04   #1
(antihero)
N/A

(antihero) will become famous soon enough
Credits: 297,800
Dawn of the Dead

Comes out today. Remake of a classic horror flick. For those of you that are down with the genre, check it out; the previews don't look half bad.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-04   #2
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,473
Yes,..... yes... yes.... going to see it tonight.....

Ving Rhames kicks ass---- he will probably highlight this movie

Link----

http://www.dawnofthedeadmovie.net/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.O.D.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-19-04   #3
*SpaceGhost*
none

*SpaceGhost* is on a distinguished road
Credits: 111,939
Im going to see it later today.fun,fun.It looks hopeful.
Old 03-19-04   #4
errantrogue
which one, though?

errantrogue is on a distinguished road
Credits: 288,983
but... but... Fast Zombies!! Romero Zombies!! NO!

"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
Old 03-19-04   #5
BitterLotus
fresh meat

BitterLotus
Credits: 3,763
I 'm all excited! I admit I'm not too keen on the whole fast zombie thing and in the preveiws the dead are lookin a bit too quick. The eery shuffling and moaning is what makes them the creepiest...in my opinion.
Old 03-20-04   #6
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Goddamn

PROPANE!!!!!!!!!!

lol....

damn good movie....

S.O.D.

Old 03-20-04   #7
Magic Ninjet
Hatchet Goddess

Magic Ninjet will become famous soon enough
Credits: 141,093
Werd. DAWN OF THE DEAD RAWKED! It even had a few humorous parts to it, which is an added bonus.

Old 03-20-04   #8
Oezoem
Dark Ooze

Oezoem is on a distinguished road
Credits: 93,456
I can't wait for the release here..in a few months

meh

*goes n d/l it*
Old 03-20-04   #9
sixxx(sic)six
satanic teddybear

Location: Under your bed with a very sharp knife...and nekkid!
sixxx(sic)six is on a distinguished road
Credits: 395,024
hmmm..........haven't seen yet, will someday.......still a fan of 28 days later tho......
Old 03-20-04   #10
Kendra
Darkness Incarnate

Kendra will become famous soon enough
Credits: 661,738
I'll wait untill it comes out on DVD.
Old 03-20-04   #11
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

Its well worth the few bucks at the Theater..... and though 28 Days Later was a damn good movie as well this one puts it to shame

S.O.D.

Old 03-20-04   #12
sixxx(sic)six
satanic teddybear

Location: Under your bed with a very sharp knife...and nekkid!
sixxx(sic)six is on a distinguished road
Credits: 395,024
hmmm............i;ll have to see it for myself......
Old 03-21-04   #13
Kendra
Darkness Incarnate

Kendra will become famous soon enough
Credits: 661,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyshade
Its well worth the few bucks at the Theater..... and though 28 Days Later was a damn good movie as well this one puts it to shame
28 Days Later?

Isn't that with Saundra Bullock? If i'm thinking correctly haha.
Old 03-21-04   #14
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

LOL... no... it was a british film by the same guy who did Trainspotting...

S.O.D.

Old 03-21-04   #15
*SpaceGhost*
none

You can compare Dawn to 28 days later,but Dawn is so much better in the fact that the Romero Zombie Franchise has been around longer.The original has alot of fans, and the creator of the original Dawn is what brought quality zombie movies to the USA in the first place.Night of the living dead spawned Dawn of the Dead,then Day of the Dead,then rephased in the 80s with Return of the living Dead,Return pt2,return pt 3,and the upcoming return of the living dead 4,and 5.One of which,will be named "Return of the Living Dead: Rave from the Grave". The 80s retelling of the dead series didint have romero directly involved,but it was based on the series,and I believe the writers had to ask romero for the right to make the movies,also.So,this compared to 28 days later,makes it look like nothing more than a rip off of an idea already thought of,and brought respectfully to the screen years before it came out.
With that said,Dawn of the Dead was an excellent movie,beautiful retelling of the original,with great SFX,and makeup.Cool Cameos by some of the original Cast,and tom Savini,the makeup artist who worked on the original Dawn. good Character Establishment,cool dialouge,funny scenes.It had it all,plus the somewhat shock scene. I dont want to spoil it. I thought it would have been cool to incorporate an explanation ,even though its cool without it. I would definately see this movie more times on the big screen. Watching the movie,was actually a funny story. Me,and my friends all decided to go to the midnight showing of Dawn,on the day it came out.We figured ,Well,its late,maybe the crowd will be small.But,we were wrong,I keep forgetting humans all think alike,if we have a "great Idea" chances are,so does everyone else.So, we went tothe midnight showing,and it was packed like fuck.The dude at the box office said there were 46 seats left,but unfortunately all those seats were spread out in various rows,because of idiot people,and thier not being able to grasp the idea of filling in seat gaps.So,we stood in the stairs,and the usher said we couldent stay there,it would be a fire hazard.We were like "Then get us some bloody seats!" anyway,we didint see the movie that day. I saw it saturday night,which doesent really make me any less of a human being. :]
Old 03-22-04   #16
errantrogue
which one, though?

that was the coolest breast reduction scene ever...

oh and... JAY LENO!!!

"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
Old 03-23-04   #17
*SpaceGhost*
none

haha,burt reynolds. I dont understand why they couldent just go get andy, the way they went after the girl,in the first place.
Old 03-23-04   #18
errantrogue
which one, though?

cause she was female... and was therefore needed to repopulate the planet (ewwww... zombie fetus)... where as cool gun nut wasn't as high up on the list...

Old 03-23-04   #19
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

Well they were planning on getting him***** EEEEEK Say no more.....**** anyways.... they shoulda done so sooner as he had all the ammo....

(May be quoted wrong but its my fav)
""We have 12 Shotgun shells, 15 of these pussy nine millimeters, and 10 of these beautiful .357's.""

S.O.D.

Old 03-23-04   #20
lovecraftian~tentacle
Darkness Incarnate

lovecraftian~tentacle is on a distinguished road
Credits: 31,743
its gotten to the point where i rate the horror movies i go see by how many times i roll my eyes while watching. y'know too many eye rolls equals bad etc etc...

well i am happy to say my eyes didnt roll all THAT much during this one. maybe once or twice. that might just have been from a clunky bit of acting or something that causes an unintentional giggle at the movies expense.

but there was good stuff here. the opening scenes were well done. gripping. some off kilter camera angles and such to make it a wee bit more disorienting. good opening credits with the johnny cash song played over them. nice. speaking of music....i do wish they had used a little less during some scenes. i think quiet makes horror more intense. and that awesome lounge singer-like rendition of "down with the sickness", or whatever the name of that song is. that cracked me up! it was nice to laugh along WITH the movie at some points.

i liked the fast moving zombies. i think RUNNING for your life from something as viscious as they were is quite a bit more terrifying than WALKING at a leisurely pace from shuffling zombies. am i wrong?

the washed out look of the film looked rather 70's-ish as well. liked that too.

i enjoyed the way it ended. in other words...stay for the credits!! all that jerky (and no music!) hand held camera stuff was effective.

what more can i say? this one surprised me. didnt expect to like it that much at all.