Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Butterfly effect.

Old 03-14-04   #1
Faler
turbo lover

Faler is on a distinguished road
Credits: 36,056
Butterfly effect.

Early September, a young lady is accused of shoplifting, no merchandise was found, but she was carrying a 4 and a half inch knife and 5.6 grams of marijuana. Most charges are dismissed, including some bizarra ones that the police pulled out of their ass, to include writting bad checks (police in El Paso aren't english qualified.)

February, same young lady gets into a car accident, her Probation officer is attempting to make it look like a suicide attempt, so he can throw her in jail. (he won't succeed, damn ass hole.) She is advised by the lawyer to voluntarily submit herself to the a mental hospital to avoid arrest.

Roomate loans her his cell phone, so she can contact lawyer.

Duty roster is changed, for reasons unknown. Nobody is informed. One SGT C, is on CQ, and attempts to call one SGT F. But, SGT F's cell phone was left with female mentioned earlier, to allow her communication with lawyer.

0610 C, decided to write down that F, was there, and C takes off. F is still sleeping at home.

Young lady's mother arrives at F's door.

she says, "I'm sorry, it turns out this was in my purse yesterday when you came looking for it."

Now, here's where shit happens. C, is a stripes for skills kid, a member of the Armys most hated despised group. He was awarded authority and rank, for one reason, he's a native speaker. His language is Spanish. This despite the fact, that every plattoon has at least five native speakers of that language. It only aplies to linguists.

He got busted hard core for falsifying documents, and forging my signature. Nobody was mad at me, because nobody got the changes out, infact my replacement didn't show up on time, we had to call him.

Two first Sergeants busted into his house, and started banging on his bed room door, and yelling that he was going to loose rank. He'll loose a lot of money, even though he's supporting two kids. Their lives will change, all this would have been prevented if it weren't for that incident in September.

I was thinking about this for a while, the cause and effect. Those kids lives will change, because of one little thing. Chaotic world we live in.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-04   #2
Jordyn
paraphiliac

Jordyn is on a distinguished road
Credits: 825,096
so because some girl got in trouble in september, a man who faked his identity got into trouble?
Old 03-15-04   #3
Faler
turbo lover

Not faking his identity, forging a signature and falsifying records of events.

He got nailed for what he did that morning, but, if what happened in September never came to pass, things would have gone unnoticed.

I was doing some more thinking, about languages. In English, a cow is an animal in the field, as well as a pig, a lamb etc. But, when they get to the dinner table, they're beef, mutton, pork and viel. This is becaue of the Norman overlords who controlled the British Peasants. Farmers in the field had one word, but when it was on the plate, it belonged to the Norman. The Renniasance has since happened, as well as the industrial revolution, but still we use the same words. This quirk of our language is a result of the butterfly effect.

Now, in English we have 3 ways to make a sentence. Commands, questions, and declerations. The Polish have 17 ways, and the Navajo 64. All the codes of WWII were broken. To include Hitler's enigma machine. But there was one code that they could not crack, that was the one based off the insane language with 64 ways to make a sentence.

I found it interesting that evolution made a language more complictated then anything that was artificial. If you weren't a native speaker you had no hope of figuering it out.
Old 03-15-04   #4
Jordyn
paraphiliac

read about the fall of the tower of babel, that explains the language issues, and makes some interesting points about having more faith in yourself than a god...
Old 03-21-04   #5
pseudogoth dash
question everything

pseudogoth dash is on a distinguished road
Credits: 42,082
The concept of a butterfly effect/chaos theory has always interested me.

I always imagine my life as being a road and every decision I make is represented by a turn-off which becomes another road.

Now if i make that decision there is one life and everything in it happens a certain way.

But if i hadn't made that decision then there is another way that life - mine and everyone elses - could've happened.

So how I see it is an infinite number of roads lined up, side-by-side, each one representing a path my life went down due to one decison i made at some point.

Kind of like one of thos choose-your-own-adventure books you can get, where there are a whole bunch of different plot outcomes depending on little things like whether you turn left or right at a street or if you wore the black shirt or the white shirt.

It hurts my head a bit thinking about life like this and it's not easy to explain it but it is interesting and it gets my head working.

My friends and I often talk about what we would do if we had the ability to freeze time and I think what would happen if you could freeze time and do something to alter the events of history?
You could do something really minor like take a woman walking down the street and turn her in the opposite direction or, something really big like causing a major car accident, and it would completely alter the outcome of life.

Then what would happen differently? And how do you know whether you might be losing out on the deal?

*Warning: thinking about this for too long can cause depression*
Old 03-22-04   #6
Faler
turbo lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordyn
read about the fall of the tower of babel, that explains the language issues, and makes some interesting points about having more faith in yourself than a god...
I'm familiar with the Tower of Babel, and the idea that angels were sent down to confuse the language so people would be in capable of working together to build a tower that touched the moon.

But, I've read a lot about eytomology, and the developement the world's langauges, and if you believe in Bible stories that's fine for you. I personally don't give such stories much credibilty.

Here in El Paso we have some seriouse language problems. Spanish is dominant, when I go to the flea market, I feel like I am in a foreign country, English is something you don't hear unless you initiate.

I was accused of being a Mexican border hopper by guys that could barely speak English. Damn Border Patrol.
Old 03-23-04   #7
Jordyn
paraphiliac

i have that issue down here too...and then they get upset because i couldn't understand what they were saying? maybe they should pay for me to take spanish classes!