Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Black or White Magic is bullshit

Old 03-04-04   #1
Shadow Lady
Face in the Mist

Shadow Lady is on a distinguished road
Credits: 1,438
Black or White Magic is bullshit

Tnhere's one kind of magic and it depends on the person who uses it's if it turns out as a good thing or a bad thing... just wanted to clear this up.

See ya,

MY SITES:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

***These wounds won't seem to heal, this pain is just too real; there's just too much that time cannot erase...***

is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-04   #2
thesnowman
snoogle in my drifts

thesnowman is on a distinguished road
Credits: 26,587
i agree

Old 03-06-04   #3
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

RedMeat will become famous soon enoughRedMeat will become famous soon enough
Credits: 311,095
Isnt that a moral argument though? You could argue that actions themselves have no moral basis beyoind the consequence of those actions. Like how assault is often though of as evil but there are certain situations where it is needed and that might even be more moral than not acting at all.

Darkness squeezes, Satan`s platypus rises tonight! Bork, bork, bork!
Old 03-07-04   #4
thesnowman
snoogle in my drifts

i think you missunderstood. a driving test is just a driving test right nothings out to get you, but you can either turn up to it excited and confident, or down and depressed, and this will have a detramental effect on your performance during the test. your more likly to make a mistake if your so nervous. see what i mean.

this equates to what we are saying of magic....theres only magic. it's what you take in with you, what YOU bring to it that can make it good or bad. you can either do the same spell because you honestly want to help, or you can do the same spell because you venomusly want to hurt.

we all carry baggage around with us....our emotions are ever flowing.

Old 03-07-04   #5
Shadow_Phires
New Blood

Shadow_Phires is on a distinguished road
Credits: 180
Magic... is a tool... nothing more or less...

Shadow_Phires ~ Eyes burning, forever watching... learning
Old 03-10-04   #6
DarkSoul
CUNT

DarkSoul is on a distinguished road
Credits: 18,896
i agree it is simply a means to an end

The dead travel quickly.....

I wish my grass was an Emo, then it would cut itself.
Old 03-19-04   #7
Necropolis
Higher Principality

Necropolis is on a distinguished road
Credits: 107,272
It seems to me you are arguing the ethical connotations applied to The Magic, not to mention, some people prefer refering to their magic as black or white, or whatever...
Anyway your arguments are subjective and personal opinion.
For instance I happen to know that Black Magic has a clearly defined defintion, just like altruism. Now since Black Magic is a adjective of the use of magic not actually a discription of magic itself, I would have say you have no argument.

May Chaos Be Visited Upon You.
Old 03-20-04   #8
thesnowman
snoogle in my drifts

Nec.....who was that directed at?

Old 03-21-04   #9
Heathen
Still The Last

Heathen is on a distinguished road
Credits: 52,529
I believe that some magic spells in essence are black or white, meaning they are good or bad. Just like a bullet can only harm, so can a curse.
Old 03-22-04   #10
Aeternus
-= Grey CyberAngel =-

Location: 41:65:74:65:72:6E:75:73 => 58:65:78:71:82:89:58:00 <=
Aeternus is on a distinguished road
Credits: 112,545
And yet a bullet can save too... if fired right. The nature of a bullet is never "bad" or "good". Black and white magic in this context is as relative as the concepts of good and evil. It's a definition of use, and as such it does exist. However, it's not a definition of the nature of magic.
Example: You state that cursing someone is black magic. In essence what you say is that you resent the use of curses, since they are meant to do harm (or restrict) in general. You however ignore the context of such a curse...

... Time has no bearing...
...when the whiteout begins...

Don't come after me...

Old 03-22-04   #11
thesnowman
snoogle in my drifts

bullts lol

it's my oppinion that bullets only ever harm....because their only purpose is to be fired, an explosive act of the elements of the earth, thrust forward and destroying, ripping, tearing, damaging. no matter why and where you shoot...this is what happens. dont the police say that a gun is hopefully their last resort. certainly you need not shoot a vital organ or limb...but still the bullet penetrates, it destroys.

on the other hand...what alot of people dont get is the sword, not as some would assume a weapon of destruction. if one knows how to weild it properly it may never draw blood and still be used perfectly for defence. you are able to combat an opponant purely defensively (unlike many people i have seen teaching swordwork) and over come them. many things have an edge, but a wooden sword, a practicle weapon adopted by many cultures is weilded the same manner, the steel of a sword simply makes your defence more practicle and stronger.

Old 03-22-04   #12
DarkSoul
CUNT

you say a bullet is bad every time it is fired.
i myself enjoy a healthy amount of target shooting (not at human shaped targets)
so what you are saying is that aiming and firing at an inanimate object is bad.....
why????

Old 03-23-04   #13
thesnowman
snoogle in my drifts

very nice point DS. well, i had to break my theory down to elements, because you could say, given a great aim, that you could shoot a bullet with another bullet out of the air. but i was essentially saying the act of a bullet fireing is a violent one, and whatever it's intended target, the whole point of teh bullet is to cause damage. it rips through a target, it rips through a leg, destruction being a violent act of nature. the bang of teh powder being a violent act of nature. so by definition of bad and good.....the real purpose a gun was invented for is bad....target practise isnt bad...but teh gun is still a violent tool. so's an axe....it's only purpose and design is to cut, to cleave, to destroy.

Old 03-23-04   #14
thesnowman
snoogle in my drifts

oww i just thought of something elese you said thats really pertinent.....target shape. many people who both shoot gun and bow either shoot at human shaped or animal shaped targets..this means that it is teh possible act of murder that is part of their enjoyment, violence again. but as you said, you dont shoot at human shaped targets...that takes that violent element away and it is simply enjoyment.

Old 03-23-04   #15
DarkSoul
CUNT

in answer to your top post, every object in this world can be used as a weapon.
so does that make everything bad?
yes shooting at targets is simple enjoyment.

Old 03-23-04   #16
Aeternus
-= Grey CyberAngel =-

Yes, let's be really gory and propel human bodies into eachother... are human bodies bad? I can't say my wife would agree... *grin*

As for violence being depicted as an evil... it is trough violence that mankind and this world has become what it has. Were there no need for rockets in Nazi Germany, Werner v Braun would not have created the V2, the basis for all future rocket systems.
Were there no need for war, mankind would not even have bothered to concentrate, and the cities would never have been build, as the tools that had to be created to defend against and hunt (=wage war on) animals would never have been made. We would never have risen out of the prehistoric time were it not for our violent tendencies.
And to this day we make progress trough conquest... trough violence.

Don't come after me...

Old 03-24-04   #17
thesnowman
snoogle in my drifts

"in answer to your top post, every object in this world can be used as a weapon.
so does that make everything bad?"

in the case of this.....items are no longer being used for what they were created for, so no, they are not bad, how they are used is bad.

violence is a part of nature but it doesnt make it right.....and viloence is not the sole reason for teh advancement of both mankind and life on earth. what was it.....i think pennicilin that was discoverd simply because the chap left it over night, not through war. hitler, despite his hatred only got into power because of the americans....due to calling in all their national loans germany was financially crippled, providing teh staging ground for hitlers arrival.

Old 03-25-04   #18
DarkSoul
CUNT

then explain Stalin

Old 03-26-04   #19
Aeternus
-= Grey CyberAngel =-

What is there to explain about stalin? He took over from Lenin, and he meant business. Eliminated all opposition. Including the germans. And then started off the cold war...

Don't come after me...

Old 03-26-04   #20
thesnowman
snoogle in my drifts

im glad you posted Ae, because i miss read DS post and thought he was calling me stalin lol