Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page gots da spinna's on da kicks

Old 02-17-04   #1
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

ArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these parts
Credits: 28,466
gots da spinna's on da kicks

Quote:
LOS ANGELES --

Dada Footwear is the Los Angeles-based shoe company that made the flashy metallic shoes Chris Webber wore in the All-Star Game two years ago. With less than one-half of a percent in market share, Dada has the shoe that figures to turn some heads in the expensive front row of seats at the Staples Center at Sunday's game. They're called the Sprees -- named after their endorser, Minnesota Timberwolves guard Latrell Sprewell. The shoe features a to-scale model of the custom spinning rims on Sprewell's car -- with the small wheels appearing on the side of the shoe.

Much like Nike, with visible air, and Reebok, with the Pump, Dada is touting its technology -- called LS Air Exchange.

When the athlete steps down, an airbag inside the heel deflates causing air to flush out of the shoe and through the wheel, thus making it spin. When the athlete lifts his foot up, air comes back into the airbag and the wheel stops.

The idea for the shoe was dreamed up with Sprewell, who signed with the company over the summer, before he was traded by the Knicks to the Timberwolves. Sprewell owns his own autobody shop called Sprewell Motorsports, which is known for its spinning rims.

"This shoe is going to be very relevant on the street," Willis said. "But it's not some fashion gimmick, it's a basketball performance shoe."

Dada endorser Chris Kaman of the Los Angeles Clippers was the first to break out the shoes at the Rookie Challenge on Friday.

"The shoe design was a surprise until now," Kaman said after the game. "I like the idea, but I probably won't continue to wear this model because I'm not really a flashy type of guy."

The shoe on Artest's feet caused a commotion at the NBA Jam Session on Saturday morning, many in the crowd were pointing to the rims spinning on his shoes.

"They're the hottest shoes I've seen since the LeBron's came out," said Randall Harris, a 13-year-old from Los Angeles.

"I'm having fun with it," said Artest, who is currently deciding on what shoe brand he'll endorse. "I gotta get the rims on my car now."

Dada, like many shoe companies, has a history of drawing inspiration from cars. Two shoes endorsed by Chris Webber had car influences -- one with a car grill and another made to look like the wood that adorns the inside of Mercedes cars.

The rim replica deal is an alliance with Lexani, a high-end rim maker. Dada will have the Lexani name on the shoe rims, while Lexani markets the real 26-inch Sprewell spinning rims -- which cost about $8,500 for a set of four.

"It's a natural partnership," said Lexani president Frank Hodges. "We're trying to reach the same type of urban youth consumer that Dada has been able to reach."

The shoe, which costs $110, will hit stores on March 20.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/allsta...ory?id=1735086
bling bling fo' sho.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-04   #2
(antihero)
N/A

(antihero) will become famous soon enough
Credits: 297,800
shit, nizzie, that's hella iced-out.
Old 02-17-04   #3
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

ArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these parts
i wanna see the bitches spin, but dada doesn't even have a working webpage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-17-04   #4
Metagion
Judgement At Last!

Metagion will become famous soon enough
Credits: 114,654
$110 DOLLARS FOR SNEAKERS? Those damned things better make me breakfast and fuck me 'til I wobble.......
Old 02-17-04   #5
John Preston
Listen

John Preston is on a distinguished road
Credits: 256,181
It's a sneaker.
Am I supposed to be impressed?
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
Old 02-18-04   #6
Soul Erosion
Darkness Incarnate

Soul Erosion will become famous soon enough
Credits: 71,678
LOLZ0RZ! THAT'S THE MOST AWESOMEST SHIT EVAR!

teh win!!!!1111!!

That bling makes the shizzle drizzle off tha rizzle of the hizzle!
Old 02-18-04   #7
Iron's Rite
United States of Moronica

Location: "The forest folded it's branches around me, something passed by and I went into a dream." -Opeth
Iron's Rite is on a distinguished road
Credits: 253,465
Lights on shoes were bad enough.
[hildegard von bingen - ordo virtutum]
Old 02-18-04   #8
Soul Erosion
Darkness Incarnate

You guys suck. That shit is hilarious.

It's like wearing your cap sideways, fool. You do it cuz you're making fun of other people that are doing it, but they're doing it for the same reason too. So it's just a bunch of people making fun of people who are being made fun of.

That came to me while I was on shrooms once. *nod*

So yeah..I didn't read the article, but this looks like a product of rappers sitting around saying "So you got them new rims eh? I got some too....wouldn't it be funny if they put em in shoes?" And these fuckers are lucky enough to have enough money to do it.

This shit is funny as fuck. I'd wear em for a day at least...just to get a good laugh outta it.
Old 02-18-04   #9
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

i'm hoping the next generation of shoes has hydraulics on them. that would be super pimp.

Old 02-18-04   #10
Soul Erosion
Darkness Incarnate

aahaha
Old 02-18-04   #11
Iron's Rite

Location: "The forest folded it's branches around me, something passed by and I went into a dream." -Opeth
I wonder how far this fad can be taken. Will we see entire laser light shows on shoes? How about ones have small speakers and can connect to a CD walkman?
Pretty soon we'll have people walking into things and each other because they are so distracted by each others shoe's, "Ooh! It's shiny! Bling! Bling!"
Old 02-18-04   #12
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

here's some good bling..

Old 02-18-04   #13
Soul Erosion
Darkness Incarnate

They've had backpacks with Cdplayers/MP3 players/speakers in them for years, son.

I've seen em in such raver rags as Mixmag and URB.

Old 02-18-04   #14
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

it looks like it'd be pretty hard to do the asian dance with that backpack on though.

Old 02-18-04   #15
Iron's Rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Erosion
They've had backpacks with Cdplayers/MP3 players/speakers in them for years, son.

I've seen em in such raver rags as Mixmag and URB.

Should I be shocked by this?
Old 02-18-04   #16
patryn
fuck off

patryn will become famous soon enoughpatryn will become famous soon enough
Credits: 171,553
tis a sad sad day. and to add to it, looks like the 225's i just bought won't fit in the front of my car.

jesus wants his fucking whistle.
Old 02-18-04   #17
Soul Erosion
Darkness Incarnate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denalay
Should I be shocked by this?
and awed, my friend.
Old 02-18-04   #18
Iron's Rite

. . . Nothing does that for me anymore.
Old 02-18-04   #19
patryn
fuck off

patryn will become famous soon enoughpatryn will become famous soon enough
Credits: 171,553
so sad.

jesus wants his fucking whistle.
Old 02-18-04   #20
Soul Erosion
Darkness Incarnate

:jerk: