Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Bush Interviewed! Dun dun dun
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-04   #1
John Preston
Listen
 
John Preston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 7,395
John Preston is on a distinguished road
Credits: 256,181
Bush Interviewed! Dun dun dun

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...bush_interview
Bush Defends War in Rare TV Interview
By DEB RIECHMANN, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - President Bush (news - web sites) denied he marched America into war under false pretenses and said the U.S.-led invasion was necessary because Saddam Hussein (news - web sites) could have developed a nuclear weapon.



"I don't think America can stand by and hope for the best," the president said. Bush suggested Saddam may have destroyed or spirited out of the country the banned weapons the Bush administration cited as a main rationale for the war.


"I expected to find the weapons," Bush said in an Oval Office interview broadcast Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press."


"Sitting behind this desk, making a very difficult decision of war and peace, I based my decision on the best intelligence possible," the president said. The interview was taped Saturday.


Bush also was asked about the fugitive Osama bin Laden (news - web sites), the suspected mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks whom the president had pledged to get "dead or alive."


"I have no idea whether we will capture or bring him to justice," Bush said.


The interview, his first on a Sunday talk show since taking office, came as the president's approval rating has dipped to 47 percent, according to an Associated Press-Ipsos poll taken in early February; that compares with 56 percent just a month ago.


The appearance followed weeks of criticism from Democrats over the failure so far to find Iraq (news - web sites)'s cache of weapons.


"They could have been destroyed during the war," Bush said, speculating about reasons the reports might have been wrong. "Saddam and his henchmen could have destroyed them as we entered into Iraq. They could be hidden. They could have been transported to another country, and we'll find out."


The president said he retained confidence in CIA (news - web sites) Director George Tenet. Bush shook his head from side to side when asked if Tenet's job was in jeopardy. "No, not at all, not at all," Bush said.


Bush pledged to cooperate with a commission he set up last week to examine prewar intelligence lapses and defended its March 2005 reporting date, which is four months after the White House election.


"There is going to be ample time for the American people to assess ... whether or not I made the right decision in removing Saddam Hussein from power," Bush said.


Democrats in Congress and on the campaign trail said Sunday they wanted to see the findings before the election, if possible.


"What we've got here is a president who simply doesn't want to be held accountable," presidential hopeful Wesley Clark (news - web sites) told CNN's "Late Edition."


Bush did not directly respond to election-year allegations that his administration exaggerated intelligence, but made clear that the United States considered the Iraqi president a dictator who brutalized and killed his own people.


"I strongly believe that inaction in Iraq would have emboldened Saddam Hussein," Bush said. "He could have developed a nuclear weapon over time — I'm not saying immediately, but over time. ... We would have been in a position of blackmail. In other words, you can't rely upon a madman."


Also on the foreign policy front, Bush said "diplomacy is just beginning" with North Korea (news - web sites). The United States and its allies are seeking to persuade the communist nation to abandon its nuclear weapons programs. "We are making good progress," Bush said.





On domestic issues, Bush said his tax cuts were responsible for an economic rebound.

He dismissed news reports that there is no evidence he reported for National Guard duty in Alabama during the summer and fall of 1972, during the Vietnam War. "There may be no evidence but I did report; otherwise, I wouldn't have been honorably discharged."

Bush expressed indifference about polls that showed him trailing the Democratic front-runner, Sen. John Kerry (news - web sites) of Massachusetts. "I'm not going to lose," Bush said. "I don't plan on losing."
__________________
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-04   #2
Corporate Pig
Managing Idealism
 
Corporate Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Manus Island Detention Centre, PNG
Posts: 844
Corporate Pig
Credits: 47,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Preston
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...bush_interview
Bush Defends War in Rare TV Interview
Interestingly enough, Bush now claims that Clinton, has access to the same "faulty" intelligence he used, to justify the War...
Mmm... faked documents pertaining to a Uranium sale from Nigera as an example..

Quote:
RUSSERT: This is an important point, because when you say that he has biological and chemical weapons and unmanned aerial vehicles...

BUSH: Which he had.

RUSSERT: ... and they could come and attack the United States, you are saying to the American people, We have to deal now with a man who has these things.

BUSH: That's exactly what I said.
So... um.. where are the "Chemical and Biological Weapons" Mr Bush ?

Quote:
RUSSERT: And if that's not the case, do you believe, if you had gone to the Congress and said, He should be removed because he's a threat to his people, but I'm not sure he has weapons of mass destruction, Congress would have authorized war?

BUSH: I went to Congress with the same intelligence -- the Congress saw the same intelligence I had, and they looked at exactly what I looked at. And they made an informed judgment, based upon the information that I had -- the same information, by the way, that my predecessor had. And all of us, you know, made this judgment that Saddam Hussein needed to be removed.

Refer for FULL transcript:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...004Feb8_2.html
Just goes to show...
Maybe Clinton isn't as gun-hop happy about killing INNOCENT CIVILIANS in another country...
__________________
"aeterna veritas"
eternal truth

Corporate Greed...
Economy without Society
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-04   #3
Arty
Lord of the Dance
 
Arty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 944
Arty will become famous soon enough
Credits: 44,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLB
We found cyanide in a terrorist's house the other day. Pay attention.
But you don't think that's the WMDs they were talking about, do you?

Thought not.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-04   #4
Arty
Lord of the Dance
 
Arty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 944
Arty will become famous soon enough
Credits: 44,057
Not what I said. What I asked was whether you thought that the cyanide they found was the WMDs that they were talking about before the war. Do you think that's what they were on about? I don't. I seem to remember talk of a hi-tech weapons programme capable of causing damage at a distance, rather than a common poison.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-04   #5
John Preston
Listen
 
John Preston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 7,395
John Preston is on a distinguished road
Credits: 256,181
1. There is no evidence that supports that the Cyanide block was in Iraq BEFORE America attacked.
2. There is no evidence to prove that it was actually placed there by a member of AQ.
3. There is no evidence to prove that the weapon belonged to Iraq to begin with, since otherwise it would be like if someone had a cyanide block in France...does that mean France then has the cyanide block as a WMD even when they either don't know of it or do not own it?
__________________
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-04   #6
frater luciferi
Lurks in the Shadows
 
frater luciferi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: the abyss
Posts: 118
frater luciferi is on a distinguished road
Credits: 7,591
so your saying that the al-qaueda is backed by iraq?
__________________
"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."

(Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.)
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-04   #7
John Preston
Listen
 
John Preston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 7,395
John Preston is on a distinguished road
Credits: 256,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLB
How do you know?



How do you know?
Present me the evidence that would support that all of what I said had no evidence has evidence.

If you can't then shut the hell up.
__________________
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-04   #8
John Preston
Listen
 
John Preston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 7,395
John Preston is on a distinguished road
Credits: 256,181
If someone says nothing exists, then others who say it exists must prove it exists, since otherwise it must not exist until enough evidence is currently available to prove otherwise.
__________________
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-04   #9
John Preston
Listen
 
John Preston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 7,395
John Preston is on a distinguished road
Credits: 256,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLB
"Al Qaeda" was backed by Iraq.
He says without evidence to back his claim...yay for JLB's illogical reasoning!
__________________
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-04   #10
John Preston
Listen
 
John Preston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 7,395
John Preston is on a distinguished road
Credits: 256,181
You didn't post any evidence, at all, relating to Iraq and Al-Qaeda being together, as in the government of Iraq and the AQ being partnered or in a basic alliance.
__________________
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-04   #11
Arty
Lord of the Dance
 
Arty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 944
Arty will become famous soon enough
Credits: 44,057
For the second time, I didn't ask whether it could technically be considered WMD, because perhaps it could under the broad definition. I asked if you thought that it was the specific WMD that our intelligence services told us was in Iraq? I think not. What do you think?
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-04   #12
John Preston
Listen
 
John Preston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 7,395
John Preston is on a distinguished road
Credits: 256,181
Water can be considered a WMD if properly used.
__________________
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-04   #13
frater luciferi
Lurks in the Shadows
 
frater luciferi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: the abyss
Posts: 118
frater luciferi is on a distinguished road
Credits: 7,591
the al quada is a faction of the taliban which was supported by us! so then should we invade ourselves?
__________________
"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."

(Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.)
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-04   #14
John Preston
Listen
 
John Preston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 7,395
John Preston is on a distinguished road
Credits: 256,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by frater luciferi
the al quada is a faction of the taliban which was supported by us! so then should we invade ourselves?
Only if you want thousands of deaths to occur due to the lack of experience and/or knowledge of the military
__________________
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-04   #15
SirVLCIV
Lusus Naturæ
 
SirVLCIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: NJ, US
Posts: 5,944
SirVLCIV
Credits: 202,919
Rofl. JLB, was the block of cyanide worth going to war over?
__________________
Bismarck once said "Fools say they like to learn from their experiences, but I prefer to learn from the experience of others."

"Move that one of your pieces, which is in the worst plight, unless you can satisfy yourself that you can derive immediate advantage by an attack." -Adolph Anderssen
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-04   #16
lazaruscorporat
corporate whore
 
lazaruscorporat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: UK
Posts: 937
lazaruscorporat is on a distinguished road
Credits: 43,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLB
Yep, when it's sitting in a terrorist's safehouse, in a country that supports them. I guess you missed what happened to Spain recently, eh?
and just to keep to the facts, no cyanide - or any other poison - was used in the atrocities in Spain.

But, as we used to quote my old boss "Don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up..."
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-04   #17
John Preston
Listen
 
John Preston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 7,395
John Preston is on a distinguished road
Credits: 256,181
Or we can take it that he was planning to attack Saddam with the cyanide in some fashion, therein causing trouble and forcing another country(Like America) to have to intervene to keep the oil coming out of Iraq actually coming, which in turn would mean that the AQ would acquire the goal that they wished to reach.

But shhh..let's not talk about that shall we?
__________________
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-04   #18
SirVLCIV
Lusus Naturæ
 
SirVLCIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: NJ, US
Posts: 5,944
SirVLCIV
Credits: 202,919
So.... 150,000 American troops are needed to retrieve a block of cyanide?
__________________
Bismarck once said "Fools say they like to learn from their experiences, but I prefer to learn from the experience of others."

"Move that one of your pieces, which is in the worst plight, unless you can satisfy yourself that you can derive immediate advantage by an attack." -Adolph Anderssen
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-04   #19
SirVLCIV
Lusus Naturæ
 
SirVLCIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: NJ, US
Posts: 5,944
SirVLCIV
Credits: 202,919
That was the stated reason for going in there, the reason given to the UN, and the reason why it needed to be done ASAP, regardless of worldwide opinion.
__________________
Bismarck once said "Fools say they like to learn from their experiences, but I prefer to learn from the experience of others."

"Move that one of your pieces, which is in the worst plight, unless you can satisfy yourself that you can derive immediate advantage by an attack." -Adolph Anderssen
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-04   #20
SirVLCIV
Lusus Naturæ
 
SirVLCIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: NJ, US
Posts: 5,944
SirVLCIV
Credits: 202,919
Do you disagree with my statement?
__________________
Bismarck once said "Fools say they like to learn from their experiences, but I prefer to learn from the experience of others."

"Move that one of your pieces, which is in the worst plight, unless you can satisfy yourself that you can derive immediate advantage by an attack." -Adolph Anderssen
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bush - Certain Invading Iraq Was The Right Move John Preston Topic Discussions 4 01-31-04 02:27
Bush and Gay Marriage. DeirdreMayfair Topic Discussions 18 01-30-04 15:17
Bush - Time To Spend More Money! John Preston Topic Discussions 0 01-23-04 12:14
Bush - Claiming and hanging with the locals John Preston Topic Discussions 0 01-22-04 23:34

Recent Threads
Hey fr0g
4 Weeks Ago 02:49
Last post by Dark Messiah
9 Hours Ago 23:42
Put your liter of cola...
08-06-17 20:53
Last post by Dark Messiah
1 Day Ago 23:09
What Are you Listening...
03-21-05 07:40
By Cucking Funt
Last post by Sic Simon
4 Days Ago 22:56
Obama sends a letter.
4 Weeks Ago 22:42
Last post by Sic Simon
4 Days Ago 22:28
My doctor
6 Days Ago 00:29
Last post by Sic Simon
4 Days Ago 21:27
How Do I Access the...
03-17-07 22:48
Last post by Sic Simon
6 Days Ago 01:55
vote or die
10-07-17 02:56
Last post by Sic Simon
6 Days Ago 00:06
Science Disproves...
11-01-10 15:38
by Pahu
Last post by Pahu
6 Days Ago 10:45
long Sunday
09-24-17 19:00
by DaxterK
Last post by Sic Simon
1 Week Ago 21:20
Ask me a question game
12-13-02 18:13
Last post by Sic Simon
1 Week Ago 21:14
Online Users: 62
0 members and 62 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1928, 06-09-15 at 19:20.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.0 RC2


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com

© 2006 - 2016 Dark Forum | About Dark Forum | Advertisers | Investors | Legal | A member of the Crowdgather Forum Community