Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Similar Threads

Old 01-30-04   #1
(antihero)
N/A

(antihero) will become famous soon enough
Credits: 297,900
Similar Threads

You know that "Similar Threads" thing at the bottom of every thread, that lists all the threads that apparently relate to the one you're posting in? Yeah, I just made a thread about face transplants and, according to DF, these threads are similar to it:

1. (antihero)'s Bottom 10 List of Everything in the World
2. Bush delivers brilliant State of the Union speech
3. PBS interviews Iraqi who trained terrorists
4. What good can a handgun do against an Army?
5. Polluted with Narrow-Mindedness: These forums are filled with people like you

Apparently, there's a huge correlation between face transplants and politics/war. Perhaps the terrorist who trained the Iraqis taught them all how to perform face transplants, and perhaps we all missed the part of Bush's address that talked about the new Face Transplant Bill. Is there even a use for the Similar threads thing, or is it just meant to crack me up?
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-04   #2
patryn
fuck off

patryn will become famous soon enoughpatryn will become famous soon enough
Credits: 171,653
intriguing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jesus wants his fucking whistle.
Old 01-30-04   #3
patryn
fuck off

the similar threads to this one are on target.

Old 01-30-04   #4
Lillith

Quote:
Originally Posted by (antihero)
You know that "Similar Threads" thing at the bottom of every thread, that lists all the threads that apparently relate to the one you're posting in? Yeah, I just made a thread about face transplants and, according to DF, these threads are similar to it:

1. (antihero)'s Bottom 10 List of Everything in the World
2. Bush delivers brilliant State of the Union speech
3. PBS interviews Iraqi who trained terrorists
4. What good can a handgun do against an Army?
5. Polluted with Narrow-Mindedness: These forums are filled with people like you

Apparently, there's a huge correlation between face transplants and politics/war. Perhaps the terrorist who trained the Iraqis taught them all how to perform face transplants, and perhaps we all missed the part of Bush's address that talked about the new Face Transplant Bill. Is there even a use for the Similar threads thing, or is it just meant to crack me up?

HAhah that's brilliant, and yes I have noticed the completely unrelated "similar" threads, it does make for a good laugh!
Old 01-30-04   #5
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

ArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these parts
Credits: 28,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by (antihero)
Is there even a use for the Similar threads thing, or is it just meant to crack me up?
it's a very useful tool. the prophets say it will unite the world under one currency and bring the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

Old 01-30-04   #6
patryn
fuck off

my prophet only mentioned 3 horsemen.

Old 01-30-04   #7
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

ArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these parts
your prophet dropped out of prophet school. he sucks.

Old 01-30-04   #8
patryn
fuck off

at least my prophet isn's hopped up on pcp.

Old 01-30-04   #9
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

you say that like it's a bad thing. how else is my prophet supposed to preach on tbn for 5 days straight?

Old 01-30-04   #10
patryn
fuck off

ok, point taken.

Old 01-30-04   #11
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

it's just sad that they televise their come-downs. it almost makes me cry when they appear on t.v. with streams of tears flowing and babbling about jesus.

Old 01-30-04   #12
patryn
fuck off

amen

Old 01-30-04   #13
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

can i get a hallelujah.. king size, with a burger king crown?

Old 01-30-04   #14
velvet
scrumptious

velvet is on a distinguished road
Credits: 109,361
Fuck burger king.
Old 01-30-04   #15
patryn
fuck off

you would, slut.

Old 01-31-04   #16
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

pwn3d-shopped.

Old 01-31-04   #17
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

thefr0g will become famous soon enough
Credits: 50,471,994
I've noticed something about this forum. Lets break it down for the readers at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsinik
it's a very useful tool. the prophets say it will unite the world under one currency and bring the four horsemen of the apocalypse.
This is a not-really-funny, but at least somewhat entertaining remark made by arsinik. There are a million witty retorts like it on this forum, so it isn't paid much attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patryn
my prophet only mentioned 3 horsemen.
Another not-quite-funny, yet still somewhat witty retort that follows in the usual vein of darkforum threads. Somewhat nonsensical, but mildly amusing. Its funnier than the last comment however, and works well to build up to the main punchline.

Quote:
your prophet dropped out of prophet school. he sucks.
Now we have reached the pinnacle. This comment is the absolute funniest reply that can be made with the given variables of prophets and whatnot. Kudos to Arsinik for a reply that, beyond being midly funny, actually made me chuckle. However... dark times are ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patryn
at least my prophet isn's hopped up on pcp.
Not funny or witty at all, kind of sad.

Quote:
you say that like it's a bad thing. how else is my prophet supposed to preach on tbn for 5 days straight?
Even sadder, the previous high quality joke is ruined by this stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patryn
ok, point taken.
patryn senses the danger, and tries to escape the downward spiral this joke has taken. He realizes its dead, and plans to leave it.

Quote:
it's just sad that they televise their come-downs. it almost makes me cry when they appear on t.v. with streams of tears flowing and babbling about jesus.
I can't tell if this is a continuation of the Prophet/PCP joke, or if its a complete non-sequitor that just popped into arsinik's head and spewed out into his keyboard like so much mental vomit. Its lame, but not half as lame as the post that soon followed.

Quote:
can i get a hallelujah.. king size, with a burger king crown?
Ok, now the quality joke made just a few posts ago is completely forgotten, and I mentally mark everyone involved in this thread to be complete shit knuckle's with no grasp of timing, comedy, good sense, or anything. This post has relegated Arsinik to the level of Sik Simon, spouting nonsensical garbage in hopes to get a laugh from the pot head crowd. It sickens me.

My point to all of this is simply that the readers and writers of darkforum need to learn to quit while they are ahead. So many times I have read a thread and watched a good solid witty comment get spoken with perfect timing and delivery, only to be followed up by such stupidity, that it ruined the previous comment. This thread is just the most recent example of a sad trend that takes place every day here at darkforum. If you want to be considered smart, sarcastic, and full of wit and vigor (as I'm sure all you gothies do) then you must learn to quit while you are ahead.

This has been a public service announcement of Fr0g Industries Inc., Ltd.

Old 01-31-04   #18
Soul Erosion
Darkness Incarnate

Soul Erosion will become famous soon enough
Credits: 71,778
I would say that you need to get out and get laid or something, but I really think you'll do less damage to society by just staying home on your computer.
Old 01-31-04   #19
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

thefr0g will become famous soon enough
Credits: 50,471,994
This coming from the burn out stoner who is too stupid to find a job anywhere except as a grunt in the military? Your words WOUND me madam, they wound me to the core!

Old 01-31-04   #20
Soul Erosion
Darkness Incarnate

Soul Erosion will become famous soon enough
Credits: 71,778
I could take the whole "you don't know me" stance, but I could really give a shit. By too stupid, you must mean too lazy, and truly I have no idea what you meant by burn out. You're just gonna have to explain that one to me someday when I care.