Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Military suggestions?

Old 01-27-04   #1
Soul Erosion
Darkness Incarnate

Soul Erosion will become famous soon enough
Credits: 71,678
Military suggestions?

I have no job.
My parents are divorced.
My dad is a truck driver.
The Mother's getting remarried in February.
Our lease isn't up until August, so my mom wants me to find a roommate and live here in this fully furnished house.
She says that if I'm taking classes (which I am) she'll pay half the rent.
My bf is a mterosexual dj who plays deep house, 19, we've been together for almost a year and known each other over two years, and he doesn't love me.

I'm your typical unrecyclable white trash.

Despite all that, I'm having trouble finding a roommate, and when I actually talked to an old friend from HS last night, she said she'd do it. "I'm in there like swim wear." The Mother disappoved because my friend is a dancer and "that's one step away from a prositute." I called her a "cunt."

So I'm thinking of actually quitting the dank and joining some military thingy. Which would be better? Do you know any friends who have joined? Have you joined yourself?

I've been told to do the airforce.

Last edited by Soul Erosion; 01-27-04 at 11:00.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-04   #2
velvet
scrumptious

velvet is on a distinguished road
Credits: 109,361
Marine.
Old 01-27-04   #3
Soul Erosion
Darkness Incarnate

Ok. Thankyou for your suggestion. Do you have any....oooohhh I dunno...reasons to back that up?
Old 01-27-04   #4
waterRTBH
Darkness Incarnate

waterRTBH is on a distinguished road
Credits: 277,037
airforce - most opportunities for women there

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-27-04   #5
BeautysDemise
Masochistic Failure

BeautysDemise is on a distinguished road
Credits: 110,146
*looks for the "none of the above" button*

Just Another Girl Who Wants to Rule the World.
Old 01-27-04   #6
ordeith
huntsman

ordeith
Credits: 7,933
Airforce, it doesn't require as much physical fitness. also less likely you'll be sent into a warzone and and have people shooting at you.
Old 01-27-04   #7
velvet
scrumptious

velvet is on a distinguished road
Credits: 109,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Erosion
Ok. Thankyou for your suggestion. Do you have any....oooohhh I dunno...reasons to back that up?

It sounded like a good idea at the time, I dunno.
Old 01-27-04   #8
>FuckDoll<
hate hate hate

>FuckDoll< will become famous soon enough
Credits: -2,014
I had a friend get kicked out of the air force for getting caught smoking weed too many times. That sucked, don't join.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-27-04   #9
Soul Erosion
Darkness Incarnate

I'm quitting cigs and I'm quitting the dank. Everything else, I don't have to quit because I just don't have the cash to indulge like I used to.

I have a warrant, owe my bank money, and kyphosis in my neck. Is that going to affect my enlisting?
Old 01-27-04   #10
Dirge
Cute as 3.14

Location: at home getting hammered while shes out getting nailed
Dirge is on a distinguished road
Credits: 52,744
I was Army (Canadian) for 6 years, did well by me I suppose I aggree that the Airforce is a good place to start as you can get some really marketable skills in computers. it also has a lot of trades that are adaptable to civilian life ( talk to a recruiter about your trade options). The military can be a place to hide or escape, it has been for thousands of years, but join it for the right reasons. And I think you have some of the right reasons, it is tough at the start, Basic training no matter what branch of service SUCKS ASS! I should know I went through it and latter put others through it as an instructor. But you will come out all the better for it in the end, and once you get to your trade/unit it wont be so bad.

As to your injuries and legal trouble I am not sure how they do it in the US (are you in the US?) I know that Britain and Canada will sometimes turn a blind eye to various legal issues a recruit might have. You will most likely be given a physical and be told if you can proceed with further appilactions

I joined at age 17, as you can do here in Canada if you join the reserves, and I joined out of duty to my family. My family has a long tradition of service in the Calgary Highlanders ( me and my cousin were 3rd generation Highlanders), a very capable and proud Mountain Warfare unit with 90 years of histroy. That was almost 14 years ago when I first signed up, and still to this day I rely on some of the disipline I learned during my time in the Army. So I would say go for it but do it for the right reasons, as you can really mess up your life if you get there and find out that you are not cut out forr military life. Dunno just my perspective from someone who has been there.

Last edited by Dirge; 01-27-04 at 12:16.
Old 01-27-04   #11
patryn
fuck off

patryn will become famous soon enoughpatryn will become famous soon enough
Credits: 171,553
i'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you seem a little strong headed to survive in the military. but maybe they treat the females a lot different.

jesus wants his fucking whistle.
Old 01-27-04   #12
Soul Erosion
Darkness Incarnate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirge
I was Army (Canadian) for 6 years, did well by me I suppose I aggree that the Airforce is a good place to start as you can get some really marketable skills in computers. it also has a lot of trades that are adaptable to civilian life ( talk to a recruiter about your trade options). The military can be a place to hide or escape, it has been for thousands of years, but join it for the right reasons. And I think you have some of the right reasons, it is tough at the start, Basic training no matter what branch of service SUCKS ASS! I should know I went through it and latter put others through it as an instructor. But you will come out all the better for it in the end, and once you get to your trade/unit it wont be so bad.

As to your injuries and legal trouble I am not sure how they do it in the US (are you in the US?) I know that Britain and Canada will sometimes turn a blind eye to various legal issues a recruit might have. You will most likely be given a physical and be told if you can proceed with further appilactions

I joined at age 17, as you can do here in Canada if you join the reserves, and I joined out of duty to my family. My family has a long tradition of service in the Calgary Highlanders ( me and my cousin were 3rd generation Highlanders), a very capable and proud Mountain Warfare unit with 90 years of histroy. That was almost 14 years ago when I first signed up, and still to this day I rely on some of the disipline I learned during my time in the Army. So I would say go for it but do it for the right reasons, as you can really mess up your life if you get there and find out that you are not cut out forr military life. Dunno just my perspective from someone who has been there.
Thanks do0d. That was some good input. I wanted to go talk to an Air Force do0d, but I couldn't find the damn place, so I went and talked to the Navy. They gave me a nifty bag full of free new-smelling shit, compelte with Navy pencil and lanyard. I took some test and they said I "smoked it."

I gotta take care of my warrant before I go into anything, they said. And the fucking Air Force does a CREDIT CHECK. YE GODS, I may have rental late fees somewhere.
Old 01-27-04   #13
cola
Broken Condom

cola is on a distinguished road
Credits: 53,526
don't go into the military you'll just end up getting shot
Old 01-27-04   #14
Soul Erosion
Darkness Incarnate

Do you really think so?
Old 01-27-04   #15
cola
Broken Condom

cola is on a distinguished road
Credits: 53,526
yes.
Old 01-27-04   #16
bitch
Embracer Of The Dark

bitch
Credits: 5,939
I'm in the national guard. I just got out of BCT and AIT and it's really nothing like the hell you've been led to believe it is. Trust me, it's a good expirience if you have the right personality. I just kind of floated through it. They'd tell me to do something and I'd do it. It was simple. If you are looking to buy some time before you figure out what to do with your life the military is idea. If you are smart, join the airforce. Otherwise, join the coast guard or the army. It's actually a lot of fun and you meet all kinds of people. I had a blast and with the right mindset you will too. I wish I had gone active. I'm thinking about it, but I have to wait six months before I can leave my unit and go active. I miss having fun. You never realize how big the world is until you get out there.
Old 01-27-04   #17
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

ArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these parts
Credits: 28,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Erosion
So I'm thinking of actually quitting the dank and joining some military thingy. Which would be better? Do you know any friends who have joined? Have you joined yourself?
don't be a government puppet. there's tons of other shit out there to do.

Old 01-27-04   #18
One
Live. Love. Life. DIE!

One will become famous soon enough
Credits: 1,916
yeah, join your freind and be a dancer.
Old 01-27-04   #19
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Wicked Lady is on a distinguished road
Credits: 653,418
If you feel there's no other alternative except to go into the military.. I'd say the Air Force. You have a bit more freedom of where to go and what to do than most other branches. And stay away from the Marines. My dad's a Marine. They're crazay.

Old 01-27-04   #20
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

thefr0g will become famous soon enough
Credits: 50,469,559
I've got a few friends in the army, one has spent %90 of the last two years in the middle east, the other was shot in the ass.

I'd say stay away from the military. Unless you like dying (and killing).