Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Mayhem
Reload this Page convention bitching, do it here

Old 01-13-04   #1
Tainted Jesus
Sic 'N Twisted

Tainted Jesus is on a distinguished road
Credits: 106,394
convention bitching, do it here

Ok, after cruising some of the other threads under this Convention niftyness, I've a few things to point out.

1. I heard mention of being able to bring outsiders. Umm...big mistake. I dunno about most of you, but me and my friends, together, with drinks, we become rather...suggestive. We've never caused major problems, but we've done our share of things that were definitely not of the positive realm. And when friends are added in that aren't aware of the others around them...they turn odd. And for me, when I get into those situations and start drinking, I either become a social whore, or really pissed off. I dunno, outsiders to me just seems like trouble.

2. Drinks. Umm...you trying to get the cops called for sure? No quicker way that I can think of...

3. Hotel rooms and the place this is happening at. Oh man. Whoever is signing for those things, better have a nice security deposit, and better plan to have some stuff destroyed, cause I can gaurentee something will get broken, or perhaps stolen.

4. Enemies of people on here. While I don't think I have any myself (At least none that have made me aware of their hatred), there are people on here with conflicts. Have any plans to keep them from going toe to toe? Or are you going to just hope for the best? Having any variety of insurance as to weapons being brought in? Cause damn near everywhere I go, I have at least one knife on me. And when people get to drinking, and someone says something they may not like, who knows what will pop into the drunkard's head.

Sorry if it seems like I'm raining on this, or trying to shoot it down. Hell, its a kool idea. But at this point, thats all it is, and idea. I think its going to take alot longer than 10 months (I saw that number somewhere, not sure on its accuracy) to put this thing together solidly. Just trying to keep your feet on the ground.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-04   #2
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Wicked Lady is on a distinguished road
Credits: 653,418
Oh my god! Drinking in a hotel bar while being over the age of 21! Quick way to be arrested!

We want a hotel with a bar. That way no one drives drunk or gets in trouble. Anyone under 21 will be responsible for getting their own liquor. And will be responsible for themselves if they get caught.

Each person is paying for their own room. So if they want to be charged for stealing or damage, then that's their own decision.

As for weapons, this is a convention sanctioned by the owner of darkforum. It would be in everyone's best interest not to act like an asshole and give everyone a bad name.

And if you're operating under the assumption that the rest of us don't have jobs.. then you're wrong. I work a full time job. This is something we've been talking about for a while now. It's finally happening. People are willing to travel across the country to come to this thing. And spend the money to do it. We're trying our damndest to make this as cost efficient as possible. If you have suggestions as to how to do that, they'd be welcome. Otherwise, shut the hell up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-13-04   #3
ShotDownStar
roar indeed

ShotDownStar will become famous soon enough
Credits: 169,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainted Jesus
(I've only read the first page, so forgive errors...not that I care).

Charlotte?! Why the hell Charlotte?!

I (Having no information on this thing other than what I've read in the past 10 minutes) think that the place should be considered by the entire populous of DF. I think there are a ton more on the west coast than east...
ok first off, the people arranging the damn convention all live close to myrtle beach. we chose myrtle beach (not charlotte) because WE'RE ARRANGING THE CONVENTION. no one else bothered to take it upon themselves and actually start figuring out how to make it happen did they? NO! if you wanna get up off your lazy ass and plan one for the west coast then do it! and no one ever said this would be the only convention ever. yeesh.

Quote:
anywho...

What the hell is the point in this? To meet people? I'm sorry, I'm a dick and all, but that seems just "special", and not the good/funny way. Do you people have issues meeting people that aren't online based? Is it some variety of a self-esteem problem where you can't walk up to a group of strangers and say "Whats up?" without having first talked more or less "to them" online? Shit, if you want to meet people, get the fuck off the computer and go outside. The sun does still rise...

Weeeeeee. I'm enjoying myself. I like being a dick after being fucked with all day.
maybe you don't understand this but after being part of this forum for so many years, we've actually gotten to know quite a few members pretty damn well. There's been talk of having a convention for quite a bit now, no ones ever bothered to try and make it happen. sorry if you don't wanna come out from behind your computer but some of us do.

Quote:
Moving on again...

If it were somehow closer, or if by some miracle of god there was a free way to get their, sure, I'd be game. But come now, I'm not dropping say $300 on round trip airfare to NC, some odd amount on a room, food, rental car (I hate figuring bus systems), and other random crap I'd have to drop money on. I'm sorry, but I'm not taking this seriously at all. Do you people have, say $500 to drop on this little venture? If you do, damn, lucky you. Now for the rest of us who have to work and support their lives on a day to day basis, its completely unreallistic. This idea sounds half-baked, and like it was put together by a few friends who all probably live in NC.
jesus christ. the date of this thing is over 9 months from now. we planned it so far in advanced so people could have time to save money, make plans, etc. if you can't save the money in time then fine, save up for the next one which is almost 2 years away.

but no one ever said that you had to come. if all you're going to do is rag on us because we want to get together and do something then just don't come. its not like we'd miss you anyways. yeesh.
Old 01-13-04   #4
ShotDownStar
roar indeed

oh yeah, and its in SC, not NC. and if i can get a round trip flight to cali for about 200 bucks then i'm sure you can get one the other way for about the same. you're probably over estimating the price of this thing a wee bit.
Old 01-13-04   #5
ShotDownStar
roar indeed

Quote:
Ok, after cruising some of the other threads under this Convention niftyness, I've a few things to point out.

1. I heard mention of being able to bring outsiders. Umm...big mistake. I dunno about most of you, but me and my friends, together, with drinks, we become rather...suggestive. We've never caused major problems, but we've done our share of things that were definitely not of the positive realm. And when friends are added in that aren't aware of the others around them...they turn odd. And for me, when I get into those situations and start drinking, I either become a social whore, or really pissed off. I dunno, outsiders to me just seems like trouble.
we're establishing a rule that you can only bring one or two outsiders. would you (considering you pulled your head out of your ass and came to the damn convention) want to meet a group of strangers without knowing a single damn soul? i know i'm gonna bring someone i know with me. and if you know someone's going to be a problem don't bring them with you. we do reserve the right to call the damn cops on you ourselves if you get too stupid/violent/etc.

Quote:
2. Drinks. Umm...you trying to get the cops called for sure? No quicker way that I can think of...
like wicked said, everyone's responsible for themselves, hence the reason that we want everyone to be over 18.

Quote:
3. Hotel rooms and the place this is happening at. Oh man. Whoever is signing for those things, better have a nice security deposit, and better plan to have some stuff destroyed, cause I can gaurentee something will get broken, or perhaps stolen.
everyone will be paying for their own rooms and will be signed in under their own names. another reason for the 18+

Quote:
4. Enemies of people on here. While I don't think I have any myself (At least none that have made me aware of their hatred), there are people on here with conflicts. Have any plans to keep them from going toe to toe? Or are you going to just hope for the best? Having any variety of insurance as to weapons being brought in? Cause damn near everywhere I go, I have at least one knife on me. And when people get to drinking, and someone says something they may not like, who knows what will pop into the drunkard's head.
if you're really that freaking violent that you'd stab somebody over some stupid comment then maybe you should stay home. obviously you haven't been to a convention before. at coventions i've been too there have been thousands of strangers mingling (mostly drunk) in a hotel and no one's been shot/stabbed/wounded. if you don't think you can control yourself then don't come. if people have people they don't like coming then they should make it in their best interest to either not come or learn how to be civil or learn how to avoid someone.

Quote:
Sorry if it seems like I'm raining on this, or trying to shoot it down. Hell, its a kool idea. But at this point, thats all it is, and idea. I think its going to take alot longer than 10 months (I saw that number somewhere, not sure on its accuracy) to put this thing together solidly. Just trying to keep your feet on the ground.
we can do it in 10 months. and sorry if i'm being a bitch but i was just responding to your attitude.
Old 01-14-04   #6
Tainted Jesus
Sic 'N Twisted

So I was in a bitchy attitude? Shit, news to me. Thanx for the update on myself. I appreciate it.

Oh, and all of those posts, were meant to someone (Hell if I can remember who), that said they plan for the worse situations. Well, there are a few examples of the worst that could happen.

And what the fuck are you people so touchy on this about? Jesus christ, its a social gathering. Are you people that starved for a social outlet? You need high school again? Maybe a cafe, or a mall. For christs sake, 10 months of work for MAYBE a weekend with some strangers. Fuck that. I'll jump in the car, go to a cafe, the mall, the park, the god damn 7-11, and meet someone new for the $3-$10 in gas it takes me to get there, and probably $2 for a drink when I get there.

Oh, and as for people being responsibile for themselves...at 18...while drinking...

The security deposit, was meant more for wherever the convention is being held. Like in the lobby of some joint, or perhaps an actual "conventionesque" room or hall.

So I think we should lay off my ass for not being all giddy happy at a god damn idea. I can show you the negative aspects to something, since everyone seems to only be looking at the positive. Although I'm sure SOMEONE considered EVERYTHING I have to say...

Old 01-14-04   #7
ShotDownStar
roar indeed

Quote:
So I was in a bitchy attitude? Shit, news to me. Thanx for the update on myself. I appreciate it.

Oh, and all of those posts, were meant to someone (Hell if I can remember who), that said they plan for the worse situations. Well, there are a few examples of the worst that could happen.

And what the fuck are you people so touchy on this about? Jesus christ, its a social gathering. Are you people that starved for a social outlet? You need high school again? Maybe a cafe, or a mall. For christs sake, 10 months of work for MAYBE a weekend with some strangers. Fuck that. I'll jump in the car, go to a cafe, the mall, the park, the god damn 7-11, and meet someone new for the $3-$10 in gas it takes me to get there, and probably $2 for a drink when I get there.

Oh, and as for people being responsibile for themselves...at 18...while drinking...

The security deposit, was meant more for wherever the convention is being held. Like in the lobby of some joint, or perhaps an actual "conventionesque" room or hall.

So I think we should lay off my ass for not being all giddy happy at a god damn idea. I can show you the negative aspects to something, since everyone seems to only be looking at the positive. Although I'm sure SOMEONE considered EVERYTHING I have to say...
sorry bub, wouldn't jump on you if you were the only one. but you were still being a bitch about it. instead of "what if" you were saying "are you people stupid?!"

and really now, if any of you are going to be so stupid as to randomly screw things up in the hotel then really now, we don't want you there.
Old 01-14-04   #8
Tainted Jesus
Sic 'N Twisted

No kiddin' you wouldn't want them there, but, since this is an open invite, and no, you don't know these people, you can't truly control anything that happens or that is brought into the mix. Its begging for chaos.

Old 01-14-04   #9
Demon's Eclipse
Stranded Soldier

Demon's Eclipse will become famous soon enough
Credits: 124,991
Well Nick if people like you and Travis were to attend I'm sure Chaos would be brung. I remember babysitting you guys.
Old 01-14-04   #10
Tainted Jesus
Sic 'N Twisted

Hey, I was fine. Travis and Joe were the ones who were out there. I can hold my alcohol, and don't have issues such as passing out or vomiting up chocolate ho-ho's (And I'm still trying to figure which of you bastards gave him that thing). But yes, we'd more than likely have to fuck with people...its just too much not to.

Old 01-15-04   #11
Demon's Eclipse
Stranded Soldier

Demon's Eclipse will become famous soon enough
Credits: 124,991
Hey man travis puked that chocolate shit up right as I came into the house for the first time. actually I think I walked in and saw you scrubbing the carpet and looking for bleach.
Old 01-15-04   #12
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

thefr0g will become famous soon enough
Credits: 50,469,591
Limiting the number of outsiders is kind of pointless, as it takes 30 seconds and the "outsider" is now a "member". Just so you know.

As for weapons, and the insane hijinks that TJ mentioned, all of those things are quite possible, however they are also quite possible anytime you go to a crowded bar, concert, or any other social event. This convention is being put on by adults, for adults, and the people going to it are expected to act like adults, just like everything else in the real world.

Old 01-15-04   #13
ShotDownStar
roar indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefr0g
Limiting the number of outsiders is kind of pointless, as it takes 30 seconds and the "outsider" is now a "member". Just so you know.
it does only take about 30 seconds but there's most likely going to be some restriction that says "you must have been a member for x ammount of time before the convention and had y number of posts." that way we atleast have some bearing on this person. this is mainly in the interest of trying to keep someone from bringing their own personal army of doom. we can try our best damnit.
Old 01-15-04   #14
Tainted Jesus
Sic 'N Twisted

All those things are possible at those places...and those places have security. Like I mentioned. As well, they also have fights, deaths, stabbings, shootings, OD's, and quite frequently the cops get summoned. So, anything else to point out?

Old 01-15-04   #15
ShotDownStar
roar indeed

the apocalypse perhaps?
Old 01-15-04   #16
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

Quote:
All those things are possible at those places...and those places have security. Like I mentioned. As well, they also have fights, deaths, stabbings, shootings, OD's, and quite frequently the cops get summoned. So, anything else to point out?
The cops can easily be summoned to this event too... perhaps you've heard of a little number called "911"? Public Enemy wrote a song about it.

That being said, I dont think anyone who would cause problems is even going, most people who think its a stupid idea are just planning on staying home, and not bothering to post in this forum. Perhaps you should follow suit.

Old 01-15-04   #17
Tainted Jesus
Sic 'N Twisted

If I was one to follow suit, I don't think I'd be here. Aren't we all rebels and outcasts? Or at least pretend to be...

The apocolypse at a night club/bar...I could see it happening.

Old 01-15-04   #18
ShotDownStar
roar indeed

Quote:
The apocolypse at a night club/bar...I could see it happening.
yeah, somehow i think the four horsemen are among our members somewhere. by having this convention we're gonna end the world....cool!
Old 01-16-04   #19
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

I wanna be Pestilence.

Old 01-17-04   #20
BeautysDemise
Masochistic Failure

BeautysDemise is on a distinguished road
Credits: 110,146
Tainted Jesus, you know what? Don't even think about signing up for this little shin dig. We don't need assholes there and I don't want some little prick ruining my fun.

I am not in desperate need of a social outlet, but after three years of chatting with people from this site I've gotten curious. So what? You need to prance in here to bitch about everything that's been said? No. You're the one in need of a social life. Instead of bitching about our fucking convention why not go make that friend at 7-11. I'm sure you'll mingle with the gutter trash bumming quarters outside the door well.

Just Another Girl Who Wants to Rule the World.