Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Welcome > Socialize
Reload this Page Should Schools Limit what kids wear....

Old 01-13-04   #1
Raeyvin
Cryptic Slaughterer

Raeyvin is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 13,454
Should Schools Limit what kids wear....

I goto a school that used to allow like chokers with spikes and steel loops hanging off of it.. But suddenly the school stopped allowing us to wear spiked chokers (partially my doing because i got into a fight and almost stabbed my friends eye out with it because i feel on her..) but besides that they also dont let us wear the chains that come on wallets... But my school ended up merging with 2 other schools in my county. One school district came to our school for 2 years before the final process of the new school building was built. Now its built and i go there. But the one school that didnt come to our school like could wear all the spiked jewlery and stuff and i didnt understand that.. but okay. So i checked the rule book for our school for any metal object that are sharp and pointy on it and thingys that dangle that are metal and it says nothing about it. And now theres those pants that have the metal chains hanging off them and i wear them and many kids in my school do and they dont yell at us for wearing those those are find but wearing pants with wallet chains on them its wrong!! what the hell. Theres nothing in the rule book sayin WE CANT WEAR WALLET CHAINS so why cant we WHEN WE CAN were pants that have the chains hangin off them low enough they almost drag on the floor. does anyone else see a problem there its basicly liek the same thing except the wallet chains are shorter then the chains on the pants. both can do equeal damage to somebody if they were to be used in a fight which is another thing that bothers me who the hell ahs time to take those off during a fight.. My friends wear liek spiked chokers and bracelets and if i wear them to school, my prinipal goes after me hardcore and i dont understand why... She like ridicules me for like 90% of the things i do. we cant wear those to school yet we can walk into school with like 500 safety pins on our clothes.. saftey pins hurt! and i dont get it. plus my principal says no tank tops unless the straps are like 1.5 inches wide so i wear the female "wife-beater" style tank tops and i get yelled at for wearing that and i must cover up! or go home, yet somebody whose got liek a 90 average they can wear spaggetti strap shirts or tube tops and nobody cares. my average is liek a 70 so honestly is it kinda segration because i dont fit with the high average normal students?

but why woudl a school band wallet chains, and not the straps on pants that have the chains? does this make sense.
Also i understand the school trying to protect people with religion and not advertising drugs and alchohol. i do understand that and not revealign too much flesh but honestly it gets to be like 100 degrees in our schoo land tank tops feel good and i dont wear anythign revealing seriously.. just the female version of a "wife-beater" tank. so i dont know. maybe im pissy about it... but i dont know. should schools be able to do that? with the chains and stuff

then i have friends that goto a school across the border in a different state as me. and man are they strict. You cant have facial hair, they make you shave it off. no plain white t-shirts cause it looks like underwear.. Makeup has to be a certain way. It cant be thick and blak and stuff. Your hair has to be dyed a normal color no shocking colors.. Shirts cant be certain colors because it migh be gang related. some of the saying shirts are banned. Pants cant be covering your shoes. No piercings. i mean its a public school and they treat the kids like its a privete school. Plus they have uniforms for school. I kinda feel like those people have their individuality taken away from them. clothes show a kids individuality.. piercings do as well.. i mean i know i dont have it that bad at school. i dont knwo i jsut curious what others think about this........ :whipit:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
When darkness falls a new breed of hate is born to stalk and torment the lives of loving souls

:die: To live in the world with you is like askin me to slit my throat..
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-04   #2
x_tragedy_x
Face in the Mist

x_tragedy_x is on a distinguished road
Credits: 1,367
-- in my school, were not allowed anything... no wallet chains, collars of any sort, or spikes at all....not even little rubber ones either.. now they are trying to do something with the little rubber banlge things because people exchange them for sexual favors? that the first ive heard of that.

"The harder you try and break me
The harder I push on
If there's one thing in this world that I must do
It will be, prove you wrong"

"Have You Seen My Will To Live Because I Seem To Have Lost It."

<3 Aubrey

:lame:
Old 01-13-04   #3
Shattered Dream
Rev up your Harley

Shattered Dream will become famous soon enough
Credits: 46,876
Oh yes, Ive heard of the "sex bracelets" kids are now wearing. They are like little colored rube bands and innocent looking enough, but they have meanings as to what your into sexually. Black means sex, blue means oral sex, and those are the only two I know.

There’s also some kind of rule that when a boy gives a girl a bracelet, if the girl breaks it, she has to do that sex act to the boy. I’m not sure I have it right though, I just know it has something to do with if it gets broken you have to do that sex act.

It's pretty ridiculous. I remember wearing them because they were cute. It seems like everything has a perverse meaning these days.
Old 01-13-04   #4
x_tragedy_x
Face in the Mist

x_tragedy_x is on a distinguished road
Credits: 1,367
oops, i guess im a perv then because i have 2 wrists full of them,

"The harder you try and break me
The harder I push on
If there's one thing in this world that I must do
It will be, prove you wrong"

"Have You Seen My Will To Live Because I Seem To Have Lost It."

<3 Aubrey

:lame:
Old 01-14-04   #5
Raeyvin
Cryptic Slaughterer

ive heard of the jelly bracelets representing sexual things.. i think this website is the one my friend showed me in school http://www.sexbracelets.com yeah i heard about them maybe 1 month ago..
my school has also banned the rubber spike things.. like there goin to hurt somebody.. they basicly discriminate agaisnt anyone wearing anything with spikes or loops that hang.. the wallet chains are banned but people do it... but i get yelled at constantly for it wich doesnt make sense when there are like 50 other kids doing it and the principal doesnt like say anythign to them(my principal well pretty much seems to dislike me.)
**funny i were the rubber braclets.. black and red.. and glow in the dark ones. pretty sad what this world seems to be coming too***

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
When darkness falls a new breed of hate is born to stalk and torment the lives of loving souls

Old 01-14-04   #6
Evil Cheese fry
cheese gone wrong

Evil Cheese fry
Credits: 35,214
AHHHHHH!!!! people are so fucking pathetic....everything has to be sexual now....especially for nasty 12 yr olds....this just pisses me off more...when will people just stop trying to hard.
The proud will be abased"

He would not heel nor fake a bow
Murmur curses to the wind
And lo, the wrath of god swept down...

"Thou art no more an angel filled
With light, but a leech to be abhorred
And thou shalt suffer My burning will"...
Quoth this raven: "Nevermore"

Nevermore
Old 01-15-04   #7
SatansEnemy
Custom User Title Here

SatansEnemy is on a distinguished road
Credits: 8,287
um....well you are lucky.....
um...where i come from...NO facial hair....no chains.... has to be see-through backpacks...no spikes....
and a friend got sent home for having blue hair(i mean WTF when half the kids in the school have their hair highlighted....or bleached...its the same damn thing) anyway...i wouldnt complain too much or you wont get to wear the pants anymore either.... its so sad, now a days....

Old 01-17-04   #8
Raeyvin
Cryptic Slaughterer

well were not suppossed to wear the parachutey type materical pants(liek the kik wear and ufo pants and shit that material) but it doesnt stop us kids from it.. for a while we had to have clear book bags and shit but they dropped it because it was gay.

Old 01-27-04   #9
velvet
scrumptious

velvet is on a distinguished road
Credits: 109,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shattered Dream
Oh yes, Ive heard of the "sex bracelets" kids are now wearing. They are like little colored rube bands and innocent looking enough, but they have meanings as to what your into sexually. Black means sex, blue means oral sex, and those are the only two I know.

There’s also some kind of rule that when a boy gives a girl a bracelet, if the girl breaks it, she has to do that sex act to the boy. I’m not sure I have it right though, I just know it has something to do with if it gets broken you have to do that sex act.

It's pretty ridiculous. I remember wearing them because they were cute. It seems like everything has a perverse meaning these days.

I've never heard of different meanings with different colors, just the fact that if you were them, and they get broken, you're getting laid.
Old 02-01-04   #10
Shattered Dream
Rev up your Harley

Shattered Dream will become famous soon enough
Credits: 46,876
I don't know why young teenagers would be interested. When i was 14 i was more into clothes, music and gymnastics than sex. And i LOVE bracelets. Specially the big coloured beads and necklaces to match.
Old 02-01-04   #11
<Thoughtless>
Face in the Mist

<Thoughtless> is on a distinguished road
Credits: 1,316
Dang I would kill myself before I went to your guys schools. The only things that you can't wear here is anything to do with religion such as a cross or anything like that. What happens usually if you do wear that stuff to school anyway? Dentention or what?
Old 02-04-04   #12
SatansEnemy
Custom User Title Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Thoughtless>
The only things that you can't wear here is anything to do with religion such as a cross or anything like that. What happens usually if you do wear that stuff to school anyway? Dentention or what?

well here you went home.changed and either came back or stayed home till the next day.....

and is the religion thing.....just Christian religion items....or all religion items....like pentagrams and such.......anywho...lol

Old 02-04-04   #13
Gnom
Face in the Mist

Gnom is on a distinguished road
Credits: 1,799
No gang related items at my school.. could.. choke someone with those wallet chains..

Old 02-11-04   #14
rotten_apple

when i was at school we had a uniform we ahd to wear and if you were a girl u could wear small braclets and a necklace and have your ears perced and a guy nothing but the unitform
you cloud have anytype of bag.
alot of us would wear hoddies to school and take them off when we got there also we would try and get awaqy with black baggy pants.

the uni form was blue school jumper, white school poloshirt black pants for gus and grils but also black skirt for girls.

pretty muched sucked because you individuality was taken away
guys couldnt have long hair
no one could have dyed hair
not extreme haircuts ect ect
in my last year i was nearly kicked out for growing a beard but i siad it is looks tidy can i keep it they backed down.
Old 03-09-04   #15
Somnambulation
The midnight sun burns

Somnambulation is on a distinguished road
Credits: 2,608
I think to an extent the school should have a say but not when it gets to the poit of not being able to dye your hair any colour other than natural and having the number of rings you wear limited. My school are horrible strict, I'm barely allowed to wear my nose stud.
Old 03-09-04   #16
pseudogoth dash
question everything

pseudogoth dash is on a distinguished road
Credits: 41,972
it might suck that schools make you wear/not wear certain types of clothing but before you go to the school you or your parents are shown the school rules and if there are any objections then you can choose not to go to that school. when you do go, they make your parents sign a form saying that you will obey all rules and regulations that are enforced by the school.
no matter how much you don't like it, you are legally bound to do what they tell you to.

and it's not like school is forever, it's 13years of your life and you only really have a sense of independence and individuality for maybe 5 of those. after that you can wear whatever the fuck you want. and you can still dress how you like on the weekend and at night.

school is a place for learning, not a fashion parade. just wear the clohtes, do the work and get over yourselves.
Old 03-10-04   #17
Sphyre
Cyber Sadist

Sphyre is on a distinguished road
Credits: 56,861
They need to go all the way and require a full out uniform or not make any restrictions. Limiting what kids can wear is just as distracting as letting them do whatever and causes just as much, if not more, grief. At least with a strict uniform everyone should know the rules and no one can complain about anything.

Old 03-10-04   #18
pseudogoth dash
question everything

I went to a private school and we were required to wear a uniform of navy trousers, pinstripe shirts, blue tie with diagonal stripes in your 'house' colour, navy blazer, and black shoes. you couldn't have any jewellery except a wristwatch, your hair had to be short and neat, and in summer you could wear shorts.
it was very simple and whenever someone challenged it by wearing jewellery or not wearing the uniform properly they were punished.
hence, people stopped trying to fuck the system and everyone was happy.
Old 03-22-04   #19
SatansEnemy
Custom User Title Here

i feel that you should be able to wear anything you want to.
Im a Christian.....but i feel that school dont allow the rights that we are supposed to have, as stated in the constitution.....
the school i went to wouldnt allow dying your hair any color other then natural colors..and highlighting in blond only....
and back to the Christian part....
we could wear Christian tee's.....
but any tee that offended Christians would have to be turned inside out.....
which i dont feel is right.....

if people can wear tees showing how much Jesus Christ Loves us......
others should be able to wear shirts that show how much they disslike the Christian religion......

it puts another negative mark on who and what Christian's are supposed to be....
i dunno what the best way to have dress codes are....
but i would say let kids wear what they want.....
until a kid gets in a fight and uses a chain....then dont let that kid wear a chain from then on.....

its all such a picky subject.....
and in this day where parents arent doing their job, of raising their kids
it might just be best to go to a strict dress code.....

Old 03-28-04   #20
pseudogoth dash
question everything

the main thing with having a strict dress code is that it removes the worry of different gangs forming and identifying themselves within the school grounds.
it also makes it easier for the public to identify students who fuck around in public so they can be reported to their school.
on a slightly more philosophical note it also forces students to develop a true identity based on their personality and beliefs instead of the clothes they wear. this, i believe, is a good thing, especially in this age of computers, tv, and a thirty-second attention span.