Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Mayhem
Reload this Page My 2 Cents

Old 10-25-03   #1
RottedFairy
Lurks in the Shadows

RottedFairy
Credits: 4,704
My 2 Cents

Every day Ihave to listen to Lenina bash Marylin Manson........And I hear about so many others who totally despise him....It got me thinking at-one point it was "the in thing" to like him and listen to his music and now it seems its the "in thing" to hate him-Yeah there are a handful of teenys who just ruin it all for the rest of us, but just because you listen to his music and maybe even like his image don't make you a Mansonite a teeny or a uber.....
But yeah i really think that is the next new fad......
"egh did you hear that new song by Marylin Manson?"
"Yeah I did it was pretty good"
"Maybe yeah but do you what is so fucking cool now?"
"What?"
"To hate "Mary Manson"
"Really?!"
"Yeah"
"So lets get every one to band together and the guy"
"But just yesterday we thought he was cool?"
"Nope not anymore......"
Just a sample conversation of what i think all those Manson Haters are like.......
If you dislike the music/him fine......but dont put down those who do like it.

Okay yeah so I want to start a fight.....whatever....
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-03   #2
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

Lenina will become famous soon enough
Credits: 375,069
I told her not to post this.... She already knows how I feel about Mary Manson... Rotty honey, your wrong... Your just... Wrong. I dislike Mary Manson because hes untalented, pratty, idiotic, up himself, rich boy... also hes a tit....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You'll never understand it
Try to buy and brand it
I win, you lose, cause it's my job
To keep punk rock elite
Old 10-25-03   #3
Windigo
T.C.O.B

Windigo is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 5,735
see how far 2 cents goes these days?
Old 10-25-03   #4
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

I wouldn't even waste 2 cents on a mary manson album....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Try to buy and brand it
To keep punk rock elite
Old 10-25-03   #5
ShotDownStar
roar indeed

ShotDownStar will become famous soon enough
Credits: 169,229
really? have you even listened to one len? and no, i won't accept "i don't have to listen to it to know i don't like it" because that is the most ignorant standpoint in the world. its like someone asking a racist "do you know any black people?" and they reply "i don't need to know any to know they're stupid."
Old 10-25-03   #6
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

Actually, I like the song "coma white" off the album...machanical animals, the only song I really do like on there. I think Manson is a piece of shit that exploited the subculture for something its not... I fucking hate him, and yes, I HAVE listened to his albums, I dislike them, the music is great but his voice sucks.

Try to buy and brand it
To keep punk rock elite
Old 10-25-03   #7
ShotDownStar
roar indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenina
Actually, I like the song "coma white" off the album...machanical animals, the only song I really do like on there. I think Manson is a piece of shit that exploited the subculture for something its not... I fucking hate him, and yes, I HAVE listened to his albums, I dislike them, the music is great but his voice sucks.
ok, i can accept that. because in all honesty that's why i like the band is for the music (but only a couple of the cds). i could care less about the man himself or his gravely voice.
Old 10-25-03   #8
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

Hes a big fucktard.... Oh yeah, I have to listen to music to make an opinon and I made an opinon of Mary tardson the day he brought out that crappy remake of that eurithmics song. I also watched interviews with him, hes smart... But hes a fucking fuck! I fucking hate the fucking fuckwit! Hes a nonce and looks like the spotty teenager that packs my bags at the supermarket... Fugly fucking piece of shit! *Breathes*

Try to buy and brand it
To keep punk rock elite
Old 10-25-03   #9
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

Im sorry, I just hate the guy...lol

Try to buy and brand it
To keep punk rock elite
Old 10-25-03   #10
ShotDownStar
roar indeed

*offers you water*
Old 10-25-03   #11
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotDownStar
ok, i can accept that. because in all honesty that's why i like the band is for the music (but only a couple of the cds). i could care less about the man himself or his gravely voice.
Well I can see why you get defensive, people take music and image far to seriously, I respect the fact that hes got the balls to grab negative press... Not many people last long under a negative spotlight. His voice grinds on me, hes like a little fucking kid whining about everything thats already been done 20 years ago.... Hes an idiot. Mind you, I don't like how people blame him for kids killing people or comitting suicide, hes too dim for that... It was as bad as Judice Priest and the whole Play the record back and it tells you to do stuff... LAME

Try to buy and brand it
To keep punk rock elite
Old 10-25-03   #12
ArthurDent
Private Dick

ArthurDent is on a distinguished road
Credits: 4,909
Disliking Mary Manson is not a new thing! It has been going on for years and years. When his first album came out I didn't buy it because I didn't like it. Didn't like him because of his immage. Then When Anti-Christ Super Star hit stores I came to loath him. He and his Teeny Booper following desroyed the Detroit goth scene for quite some time. I hate him! I hate him! I HATE HIM!

SOME FACTS ABOUT MARYLIN MANSON
1) Marylin Manson does not make goth music he makes rock music only his
immage is goth.
2) Marylin Manson sold out goth subculture for profit.
Marylin Manson is not a god
4) Mary Manson is a mammal.
I don't mind if you don't like my manners. I don't like 'em myself. They're pretty bad. I grieve over them long winter evenings. And I don't mind you ritzing me or drinking your lunch out of a bottle. But, don't waste your time trying to cross examine me.
- Humphrey Bogart "The Big Sleep"
Old 10-25-03   #13
Kendra
Darkness Incarnate

Kendra will become famous soon enough
Credits: 661,698
well rotted fairy made a point. if you don't like marlyn manson then don't ruien it for the other people that do like him. but everyone has the right to like something and not like something. i don't see what is so great about marlyn manson. i say that his music video's are cool and shit. if you need someone to scare the crap out of you or make you vomit pee soup. then marlyn manson is the one to do the job. most of his music is ok. but the rest is pretty shitty. he is just a freak that all the women like and obsessed about. i'm not cutting anyone down for my own opinion. i'm just saying is all.
Old 10-25-03   #14
ShotDownStar
roar indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenina
Well I can see why you get defensive, people take music and image far to seriously, I respect the fact that hes got the balls to grab negative press... Not many people last long under a negative spotlight. His voice grinds on me, hes like a little fucking kid whining about everything thats already been done 20 years ago.... Hes an idiot. Mind you, I don't like how people blame him for kids killing people or comitting suicide, hes too dim for that... It was as bad as Judice Priest and the whole Play the record back and it tells you to do stuff... LAME
i think i actually like the fact that he's a fucking control freak. not everyone can kick everyone else in the band out and still have a band. excepting reznor of course but he's a bit different.

but i don't think he's really "sold out". i think its more that pop culture bought in. sure he does a lot of shock rock antics but you notice they were his ideas and not some producer's ideas.

and i think he does a decent job when it comes to remixing stuff for other bands. ie. rasputina tansilvania concubine. so musically he has a great ear. lyrically however...
Old 10-25-03   #15
sixxx(sic)six
satanic teddybear

Location: Under your bed with a very sharp knife...and nekkid!
sixxx(sic)six is on a distinguished road
Credits: 395,024
hmmm.......i actually hated manson and mansonites when i was in highschool, thought he was terribly gay.....i was into more freaker and hardcore shit....i think i hated him b-cuz everyone thought i was a mansonite, but truthfully i just liked acid bath, type-o, morbid angel, COF, etc......but now, i still hate mansonites and shit, and i think M.M. is washed up, but i do like some of his songs and think he is a very intelligent man......
Old 10-25-03   #16
BeautysDemise
Masochistic Failure

BeautysDemise is on a distinguished road
Credits: 110,146
I used to listen to Manson religiously when I was about 13-15. My favorite album is AntiChrist Superstar...almost a tie with Portrait.

I do have to give him credit for his live shows though. I saw him once on the Smells Like Children tour, which was alright. Then I saw him again on Antichrist...that show was one of the best that I have seen to this day. He has a great stage presense...

But I really can't stand his newer shit. I didn't even like Mechanical Animals, even though I bought it. It was a real disappointment to me. And what was this shit with him wearing boobies to the VMA's that one year?! I stopped listening to him after that...

Just Another Girl Who Wants to Rule the World.
Old 10-25-03   #17
Kendra
Darkness Incarnate

Kendra will become famous soon enough
Credits: 661,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBeautysDemiseX
And what was this shit with him wearing boobies to the VMA's that one year?! I stopped listening to him after that...

maybe he got tired of having man boobs. so he wanted to know what it would be like to have women boobs. other then that i have no idea. i was wondering the samething as you.
Old 10-25-03   #18
Peter
Non-sequitur

Peter is on a distinguished road
Credits: 65,928
"I don't like the drugs, but the drugs like me"

... so does the ugly stick, horse-face.

I'm afraid I've left this forum, please read
Old 10-25-03   #19
BeautysDemise
Masochistic Failure

Peter, I love your avatar!

I still listen to a few of his older shit...and I had a friend who happened to have a bootleg of him when he was playing in Florida before he got real big. It was actually decent. Hell. The guy who had/has the tape is a personal friend of Reznor's and he said he loved them. I guess like everything else it's all a matter of personal taste.

Old 10-25-03   #20
BeautysDemise
Masochistic Failure

Um. OK. I did love your avatar...You just changed it on me to make me look like a douche! Damn yooou!